• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading your comments...Pence seems better

In Jesus he trusts. If Jesus were alive today he'd spread love, thats a good thing.

Now, can he undo the cabin choices?

Edit: the world still would remember that US people voted for freakin Trump, thats bad. I dont think I can trust you guys after that

Ac30

After reading your comments...Pence seems better

In Jesus he trusts. If Jesus were alive today he'd spread love, thats a good thing.

Now, can he undo the cabin choices?

Edit: the world still would remember that US people voted for freakin Trump, thats bad. I dont think I can trust you guys after that

He'd be able to dismiss the cabinet if he wanted, I think

chadskin

Rep. John Lewis calls Trump an illegitimate president. That's ... pretty remarkable.

In an exclusive interview for "Meet the Press," Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) said he believes Donald Trump's election is illegitimate because of Russian interference in last year's election.

Asked whether he would try to forge a relationship with the president-elect, Lewis said that he believes in forgiveness, but added, "it's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president."
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/john-lewis-trump-won-t-be-legitimate-president-n706676

Vixdean

I still don't get what it will take to charge one of these dudes with treason?

Basically the FBI needs to bring it home. Generally, the way this works is they find something hard on one of his aides. Let's say they get proof that Cohen or Flynn met with Russian spies to coordinate campaign efforts. They bring those fuckers in a room, tell them they will be charged with treason if they don't testify against their boss in exchange for immunity.

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm fairly confident Congress would have no problems planning hearings on this issue if it was a Democrat. Just get Trump and his minions on the stand. It would be SO easy to catch him in a lie, which would be enough for impeachment (according to the GOP themselves in regards to Bill Clinton)

But of course since he's on "their side" they're just going to be a bunch of cowards that won't do shit unless someone smacks them across the face with the smoking gun.

Good read in the OP. Very eye-opening. To me it was obvious from the start that Trump is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He goes about promising making Amercia Great Again and getting/keeping jobs in America, but at the end of the day the rich will get richer and the rest of us will have to scrape by. And that's assuming he doesn't drag us into some proxy/cold (or actual) war.

It isn't going to get any easier, of that I have never been so certain.

Surfinn

One week from today.......

Scary thought. Almost makes me wonder if there's gunna be a bunch of shit released the second after he's sworn in.

Vestal

I still don't get what it will take to charge one of these dudes with treason?
Something concrete. Right now while explosive and scary as fuck it's all circumstancial.

We are asking to take down a Democratically elected President, you should not be able to take him down without some concrete evidence. As much as right now all the information and leaks line up to some really scary things, we haven't been able to find the one domino that if tipped will bring the whole thing down.

Ac30

Shillary Killton

People need to calm down, he's not going to immediately kill American democracy. You can fight him. He's already unbelievably unpopular, one more fuck up and he'll rule with no power. Erdogan and the like are popular with their people, Trump isn't and never will be.

jelly

Basically the FBI needs to bring it home. Generally, the way this works is they find something hard on one of his aides. Let's say they get proof that Cohen or Flynn met with Russian spies to coordinate campaign efforts. They bring those fuckers in a room, tell them they will be charged with treason if they don't testify against their boss in exchange for immunity.

Come Thursday if nobody talks.

JackvsPeter.gif

/jk

The plot Hollywood is waiting for

You don't actually think that.

Yes I do and I'm thinking of changing my travel schedule because of it. I don't want to be anywhere near D.C. during inauguration.

All these outbursts by Trump and communications with him and Russia is leading to one thing in my mind, a coup.

A coup? Seriously man? Breathe.

That area will be the most secured outdoor area in the world on that day.

The security isn't set up to protect us from Trump.

KHarvey16

Yes I do and I'm thinking of changing my travel schedule because of it. I don't want to be anywhere near D.C. during inauguration.

All these outbursts by Trump and communications with him and Russia is leading to one thing in my mind, a coup.

I need one of those eye roll emoticons.

Ac30

Dragon please take a time out and think logically about all this, there won't be a coup. Who would lead it? The US army? The Russians suddenly invading? It will go wtihtiut a hitch (and be the saddest in history because they'll have a fucking cover band show up)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

"Remember, No Russian."

Raven117

Well, I didn't know how you meant "coup" (not sure you can have a coup if you are the one in power btw...but regardless of the definition).

No harm will be fall Democratic Senators and Congressmen.

I'll go ahead and call that right now.

jelly

We don't want Trump but chill, trust that the agencies are doing their job and the rest of the world too. If he is dirty, they'll get him. He is reckless. The US Government is not filled with Trump loyalists.

Ac30

As good as that would be, if this makes Democrats across the board treat Trump the way the Republicans treated Obama, it's not a total loss.

As an added benefit there are sane republicans who think he's a piece of shit too so we're actually better off than they were (Bams is still very popular)

E92 M3

bJ4O2KP.gif

Jayof9s

Take a deep breath and realize that you've gone right over into the deep end of crazy town.

You don't want to be anywhere near DC for the inauguration because it will be a mess of Trump supporters and protestors and a giant man baby with funny hair that yells a lot but that's really the worst of it.

Trump isn't capable of launching a military coup on DC and he certainly doesn't have the support for it to be successful even if he used his personal security detail to try. And while I think he may be insane, he's not that insane.

Okay, I know there's a myriad of crazy shit that Trump has done that he's been able to get away with, but really think about what you're saying here. Like, REALLY think about it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
A coup? Seriously man? Breathe.

That area will be the most secured outdoor area in the world on that day.

I'm still laughing at the absurdity of the commanding general of D.C. National Guard being removed at one minute past noon on inauguration day.

“My troops will be on the street,” Schwartz, 65, said. “I’ll see them off but I won’t be able to welcome them back to the armory.”

"We're going to have tremendous security, the best!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom