• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's apparently been shopped around since October, but no journalists has been able to verify it so it was never officially reported on. Now the intelligence agencies (CIA, FBI) are looking into closely after investigating and seeing that some of the claims could be credible based on the source. It's been said that Comey has been sitting on the story since at least October and wouldn't release details on request in hopes of not influencing the Presidential election.

He wouldn't wanna do that. Nope. No way.

Fuck Comey forever.

Ponn

Banned
Can someone who's been following this summarize what's going on? I stepped out for an hour and now I have no idea what's true (as in what was in the report) and what isn't.

GlYAItj.jpg

Golden opportunity.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Russian's continue to play everyone like a fiddle. amazing stories though. I wonder if they learned from Lord Ashcroft's pig fucking story about David Cameron that you just need to make something so ridiculous that it's impossible to even deny it. Banter levels off the charts.

So is this ALL just rumors for now, or is there some portion that has been substantiated?
The facts so far are essentially :
- the report has been floating around (media, government) for quite some time.
- given how implicating and difficult to corroborate it is, no one ran with it.
- Obama and Trump received an intel brief about the report last week, which is a major development in itself, as it implies it holds some relevance to the current climate wrt Russia. This was today's CNN exclusive news.
- as a result, buzzfeed decided to leak the report.

Probably not smart to shit on the intelligence community. Add in turf wars over the pro-Trump FBI and Trump co pissing all over CIA and agencies like it, you get into some warm liquid.

But some of the other stuff smells like treason. GOP deserves to burn over this, but the American population won't do a thing about it. Especially those in Congress or the courts.

This is going to be their main fucking weapon. That's why fake images, even as a joke, are extreeeeeeeeemely dangerous.

That's our weapon, and it doesn't work.

Liberals need to learn to repeat everything even if they don't believe it just like cons do.

It's easy to get carried away but I honestly think this is the end of Trump.

The GOP can not and will not ignore it. If he doesn't resign before inauguration he will be impeached soon after.

Or am I just high on Hopeium?

Lets not fool ourselves. The GOP is more than capable of ignoring this until this story/report is verified.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It's easy to get carried away but I honestly think this is the end of Trump.

The GOP can not and will not ignore it. If he doesn't resign before inauguration he will be impeached soon after.

Or am I just high on Hopeium?

They will ignore it like they did Obama's Supreme Court Nominee. They care nothing but for their own power and they know the same dumbasses will still vote for them anyway.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I've got some crow to eat for thinking that painting Stein as a Russian lackey was a bit far-fetched. My bad on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom