• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLEEK

When it surfaced that Russia had actively influenced a foreign election to support their favoured candidate, I wasn't shocked as I assume all the major nations do this. Especially the US, which has a long history of it.

It would only be damaging to Trump if it was found that he colluded with Russia to smear Hillary and leak confidential data, or it was found that Russia favoured Trump because that had already compromised him. This suggests both are true, which in a sane world would be the beginning of the end for a Trump presidency before he's ousted. But with the Republicans controlling both houses, who the fuck knows.

ReAxion

It's easy to get carried away but I honestly think this is the end of Trump.

The GOP can not and will not ignore it. If he doesn't resign before inauguration he will be impeached soon after.

Or am I just high on Hopeium?

Repubs have proven over and over they are completely shameless. They'll go along with anything so long as they get power.

Phreaker

WOW! Predicting the future :)

osWsCIM.png

https://twitter.com/DannyZuker/status/714863076609101824

The facts so far are essentially :
- the report has been floating around (media, government) for quite some time.
- given how implicating and difficult to corroborate it is, no one ran with it.
- Obama and Trump received an intel brief about the report last week, which is a major development in itself, as it implies it holds some relevance to the current climate wrt Russia. This was today's CNN exclusive news.
- as a result, buzzfeed decided to leak the report.

Thanks. I'll check out of here and come back in a few hours/tomorrow to see what has been confirmed. I fear this is on some level equivalent to a lot of fake news we see these days. I mean, I hope it's true because Trump is a jerk, but I'll remain skeptical for now.

Syriel

Twitter usually defaults to a blue theme.

Twitter was explicitly left out of Trump's tech summit due to a grudge by his team.

If you go to Twitter.com right now (incognito, or without logging in) the homepage is a nice golden shade of yellow.

High tech trolling? Or just a mere coincidence?

I post. You decide.
:p

ryan299

is there really a part in the report where The Russians had Trump dress in kids pajamas on Christmas then open a bunch of Hentai dvd's? lol

Loxley

Even if nothing substantial becomes of this, I think at this point it's same to assume that Trump's presidency and his administration will perpetually be swimming on controversies for as long as they're around.

No. If they Incorporated this in the intelligence report it means they already did.

The CIA has a better network for information and way more resources. Impossible for a journalist doesn't mean that's impossible for a government agency with an undisclosed budget.

Maybe this was why Trump was avoiding the intelligence briefings? Interesting.

Actually, the original CNN report said that the intel chiefs had not verified the claims in the 35 page memo but included it in their report to Trump because knowledge of them was so widespread, including by the intel agencies of other nations.

However, the report also said that the intel community considers the source, and at least some of the claims, to be credible.

Jenov

A tidbit about the upcoming president of the United States paying prostitutes to piss on a bed his predecessor used before out of spite is so absurd I can't really blame anybody for being bewildered by it.

This is the same man that brought in Clinton's alleged rape victims to sit at the Presidential debate.... doesn't seem so far out there knowing his demeanor/pettiness.

Bookoo

So how sure are we about the validity of these documents?

I guess I am a little lost how these docs have been around since late October, but it was never brought up.

nelchaar

"The Guardian can confirm that the documents reached the top of the FBI by December. Senator John McCain, who was informed about the existence of the documents separately by an intermediary from a western allied state, dispatched an emissary overseas to meet the source and then decided to present the material to Comey in a one-on-one meeting on 9 December, according to a source aware of the meeting."

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom