• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

darscot

https://twitter.com/mrfilmkritik/status/818980879154475013

"Hey Donald, what are your plans for your urine-augurat-"

WbVgtMK.gif

This is fuckign brilliant!

The fact that people on /pol/ are claiming that the Trump general thread made up the document that was sent to BuzzFeed doesn't mean that they're telling the truth.

Yeah, wouldn't it be the same document that's been sent to others but not posted as well from last year? So no way 4chan would of just made it and sent it?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The facts so far are essentially :
- the report has been floating around (media, government) for quite some time.
- given how implicating and difficult to corroborate it is, no one ran with it.
- Obama and Trump received an intel brief about the report last week, which is a major development in itself, as it implies it holds some relevance to the current climate wrt Russia. This was today's CNN exclusive news.
- as a result, buzzfeed decided to leak the report.

It should be noted that BuzzFeed's copy of the report is from after the election. The final memo in it is listed as Dec 2016. So whoever gave it to them got it after or around mid-December.

If there is kompromat on Trump (which I have little doubt there is, on account of Trump being Trump and the Russian government being the Russian government), there's no way it is just him having adult, female prostitutes piss while he watched.

It's hilarious but not terribly shocking or embarrassing.

"we couldn't verify anything but we're posting it anyway because that's our job in 2017. post whatever. #journalism."

Considering the context of this, I don't agree with this assessment really. They could have dropped this at any point since maybe October. The fact that this report is being included by FBI/CIA/NSA in briefings and there's reason for them to believe the source as possibly credible gives them a reason for them to dump it now. I mean, you can agree or disagree with how they went about doing it, but nothing in what that says states they are just posting shit for giggles.

I have no idea where that's coming from, but I see people on reddit starting to say it too in the new section on the bigger thing on this, that someone apparently "trolled' and faked the document

If your golden boy (hoooo boy) was about to get lit up by every news organization in existence, what would your response be to try and de-legitimize it?

No idea if it's real or fake, but there's a lot of it that seems to mesh with rumors.

ItIsOkBro

I'm perfectly fine with Watergate taking the lead here, there was enough verified Russian puppet evidence before this and nothing happened.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So tired of this attitude, I don't know about you but I'm not lying down to get pissed on by our president-elect

Some parts of that report have the ability to bury his ass and I hope it does

The whole world is sick of it. We're watching YOUR WHOLE COUNTRY stand by and let it happen.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
"we couldn't verify anything but we're posting it anyway because that's our job in 2017. post anything. #journalism."
It's trash journalism, but it provides the full context to a sensational story broken elsewhere, so it makes sense in that way.

True or false, I feel like we are through the looking glass. If true, the implications are colossal. If false, Trump just got carte blanche to gut and reshape the intelligence community as he pleases.

ZOONAMI

If there is kompromat on Trump (which I have little doubt there is, on account of Trump being Trump and the Russian government being the Russian government), there's no way it is just him having adult, female prostitutes piss while he watched.

It's hilarious but not terribly shocking or embarrassing.

It likely would have finally sank his campaign (you'd hope) so it is pretty good leverage. My guess is they also have financial leverage.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump's Twitter activity tonight, or lack thereof is going to be the single most telling aspect of this entire cycle.

It's not like he has ever been careful or circumspect before.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The former British Intelligence Officer is alleged to be very credible. Many of these allegations may have truth to them, if even ONE of the serious ones is corroborated, it's game over.

Air

Banned
Trump's Twitter activity tonight, or lack thereof is going to be the single most telling aspect of this entire cycle.

I swear if #goldengate is what brings him down, I'll know we're living in bizarro world

What if the document and the evidence itself was faked by Russia to trick intelligence and journalists into spreading something false for a "gotcha" moment? Occam's Razor and all that I know, but man that'd be wild. Trump would basically get free reign to completely reshape the entire intelligence community to his liking.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Considering the context of this, I don't agree with this assessment really. They could have dropped this at any point since maybe October. The fact that this report is being included by FBI/CIA/NSA in briefings and there's reason for them to believe the source as possibly credible gives them a reason for them to dump it now. I mean, you can agree or disagree with how they went about doing it, but nothing in what that says states they are just posting shit for giggles.

that's the only reason they're doing it. it's been floating about for months and nobody can verify it so why not? just put it out and let it be a thing. Some of the allegations in there would put Trump in jail if it was real.

I mostly just disagree with their sense of nobility. It's pure tabloid trash. funny. but trash.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Said this once before but CNN said his team was supposed to make a statement 2 hours ago.

My guess his tweet/statement will come during Obama's conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom