• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahnit

Banned
FUCK i knew it.

Think about it. If russia was blackmailing him and wanting to get him in the presidency, trump completely trying to tank his campaign the entire time doesnt seem so out of place now.

He tried everything from insults, making fun of the disabled, ect to TRY AND GET OUT OF THIS MESS.

Holy shit everything makes sense now!

Syriel

Trump's Twitter activity tonight, or lack thereof is going to be the single most telling aspect of this entire cycle.

It's not like he has ever been careful or circumspect before.

Oh I have no doubt that Trump is beyond pissed while reading his feed right now.

C12fkLaUcAAECNR.jpg

Man, 4chan putting in work! Man a fake credible British agency and everything.

Dr.Acula

Banned
If "Bill Clinton visits secret-pedo island" is a one, and "Anthony Wiener sexts underage girl" is a ten, where does this Trump stuff land?

edit: in terms of verifiability and credibility.

FUCK i knew it.

Think about it. If russia was blackmailing him and wanting to get him in the presidency, trump completely trying to tank his campaign the entire time doesnt seem so out of place now.

He tried everything from insults, making fun of the disabled, ect to TRY AND GET OUT OF THIS MESS.

Unfortunately we have 30+ years of media showing he's been a shithead his entire life, but this twist would've made for a great story,.

I have no idea where that's coming from, but I see people on reddit starting to say it too in the new section on the bigger thing on this, that someone apparently "trolled' and faked the document

Its strange and double edged because some of the information in the doc lines up and seems credible as said early in the thread BUT buzzfeed is the only one reporting it so far because its still classified information

anyone else have to pee really bad right now?

lol i seriously do because i've been glued to my screen waiting for updates

i'm gonna go enjoy my piss now. bye gaf

Not

Banned
FUCK i knew it.

This would be hilarious

Kathian

Banned
The former British Intelligence Officer is alleged to be very credible. Many of these allegations may have truth to them, if even ONE of the serious ones is corroborated, it's game over.

Interesting note the Russian embassy has been blasting off at he UK government for breifing against them. It's on The Times front page tomorrow.

So I suspect it links there. They've been posting MAGA memes as well which I can only take as an attempt to interact with Trump supporters in the US and UK and highlight their comments about the UK government to them.

that's the only reason they're doing it. it's been floating about for months and nobody can verify it so why not? just put it out and let it be a thing. Some of the allegations in there would put Trump in jail if it was real.

I mostly just disagree with their sense of nobility. It's pure tabloid trash. funny. but trash.

If you don't see the context around this, I don't know what to tell you.

What if the document and the evidence itself was faked by Russia to trick intelligence and journalists into spreading something false for a "gotcha" moment? Occam's Razor and all that I know, but man that'd be wild. Trump would basically get free reign to completely reshape the entire intelligence community to his liking.

Intel came from a British intelligence, not Russian.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just make McCain president. Id be down with that. But he real old now, he was old when he ran. We need the few repub heroes left alive to step up and im hoping that just happened.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Yes it has been posted. Everything is moving fast in the thread.

My little take on that is though is this.

One report, dated June 2016, claims that the Kremlin has been cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump for at least five years, with the aim of encouraging “splits and divisions in western alliance”.

Buzzfeed is dated June 20th 2016.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's trash journalism, but it provides the full context to a sensational story broken elsewhere, so it makes sense in that way.

True or false, I feel like we are through the looking glass. If true, the implications are colossal. If false, Trump just got carte blanche to gut and reshape the intelligence community as it pleases.

The guy who kept going on about Oppo during the election tweeted about the Ritz just before this dropped. So it looks like either it came from him or it's what he had been talking about all election.

Dizzy

Banned
"we couldn't verify anything but we're posting it anyway because that's our job in 2017. post whatever. #journalism."
There's certainly a doubke standard, GAF loses its mind whenever it concerns Trump.

If a right leaning source published unverified rumours like this about Hilary or Obama they would be up in arms.

Now watch people accuse me of being a blind Trump supporter just for trying to be reasonable with something that everyone is struggling to verify.

Obama didn't want to sway an election, Hillary didn't want to appear like she was kicking someone while he was down in an election season when every damaging thing that could hit him at the time did, McCain would have been kicked out of the party for sure if he stepped in front and said shit, and most journalists with major audience already under attack by his staff would have been under intense risk of lawsuit

It's like the Republican primary all over again. The fucker never should have gotten past the first debate.

On election night a german Journalist suggested that the german magazine "Der Spiegel" was sitting on a story about a Trump sex tape in Russian hands.

I was perplexed because you usually don't hear that kind of speculation on german public television and "Der Spiegel" is generally very trustworthy. But I never heard of any of this ever since.

I wonder if they had information about any of this back then.

So, at least this is gaining traction. Man what a time to be alive. Not going to get my hopes up for something to happen after everything thus far but man, what a time to be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom