• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Kickstarter by Ryan Payton - NOW FOR PC AND MAC! [Ended, $555K funded]

Zen

Banned
It really depends on how much it falls behind during night hours and how much there is a surge in the remaining hours during the day,

Slime

Banned
This is making me nauseous. I know they're going to make it, but it's still messing with my nerves.

Anyway, congrats Ryan and team. Super excited for you folks (and for the game).

Well, I'm impressed that they've managed to motivate so many to pledge this late in the game. Still a ways off inside of fifteen hours left, but I decided to pledge to this one just for the PC version because it seems plausible that this will actually squeak by. Good luck, Republique folks.

too early to congratulate them

Yup, there's still a ways to go. $53,064 still has to be raised in 14:28 hours.

Also, there is a new update:
FINAL COUNTDOWN LIVESTREAM

Final_Countdown.png

The rest can be read here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/486250632/republique-by-camouflaj-logan/posts

My 17th backed Kickstarter project. Even if only half make the cut I've got a ton of gaming content in 2013.

Oh god, this is only my 6th. But these Kickstarter projects have become a new obsession for me.

There has been more Kickstarter funded projects in the last two months, that has interested me more than the stuff that's been announced by the bigger name publishers from the last year. The Doublefine Adventure (missed that), Wasteland 2, Shadowrun, this project, Carmageddon, the Andromeda guys game, Leisure Suit Larry.... And there are others that have appeared that I haven't even looked into contributing to yet...

Honestly if someone told me last year that I would be able to play sequels to classic games/ genres that I have been craving years for though crowd funding, I would've said "bullshit". But here we are. :p

Xater

It's really cool to see that this is apparently happening. I love the idea and I am looking forward to playing this on my iPhone. :)

Only my 2nd backed project, but that'll hopefully change when I start work next week :).

Looking forward to the livestream, hope I can find time to watch, it's on after my last (ever) final today.

mclem

How about for a 10k donation you make .25% of the game's total profits? That's some incentive, at least you have a chance at making a bit of your moolah back. Why people continue to act as loan sharks for these companies is beyond me...I really have trouble comprehending when there's no profit in return. Like people are content with throwing their money away...

Hint: Profit doesn't only manifest in the form of financial reward.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It turns out that the whole Republique project is actually just a giant community ARG, and once we hit $500,000 they're going to replace their page with "Thanks for Playing!"

Zen

Banned
Someone just joined the 10k club. 30k to go, under 11 hours.

Beaten: And I agree that there needs to be some sort of binding agreement for the huge pledges.

Omikaru

Man, can you really troll kickstarters by pulling support at the last moment?
If it's barely scraped past its goal, yes.

But would trolls really play with that much fire? They could find their bank account drained if their net connection goes down or whatever.

mclem

Someone just joined the 10k club. 30k to go, under 11 hours.

Beaten: And I agree that there needs to be some sort of binding agreement for the huge pledges.

I was *terrified* for Chuck's Challenge 3D. It only asked for $12.5k, not a massive project, but there was one pledge at $5k. It only just scraped past the target, and in the last few minutes I was so nervous that that pledger could pull out.

A buffer zone is a huge reassurance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If it's barely scraped past its goal, yes.

But would trolls really play with that much fire? They could find their bank account drained if their net connection goes down or whatever.
That would be hilarious. Sort of like accidentally winning an eBay auction you bid on for a lark.

Top Bottom