• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforce

Its a smokescreen for how deviant they really are.

The whole month I wanted to constantly pop in here and say "Are you guys even READING the Confession thread? Because there's an ERA member who eats poops out of a public toilet.".

Also there was a trans-hating trans person in one confession that absolutely set the hive on fire, it was pretty entertaining.

nush

Yes, yes, must be your height that people tell you to calm down for, people could not possibly think you're an asshole just for your words could they? Until today nobody knew your height inferiority complex but you have the moniker "Angry Carlton"before that.

PbrOcj1.png

Last edited:

600Breezy

Yes, yes, must be your height that people tell you to calm down for, people could not possibly think you're an asshole just for your words could they? Until today nobody knew your height inferiority complex but you have the moniker "Angry Carlton"before that.

PbrOcj1.png

lmaooo

“But regardless it's fairly common for me to be talked down to, made fun of, and even have people push me around or intimidate me just because they can get away with it..”

And now I take my anger out on white people on a message board for my revenge 😂😂😂

TheContact

Imagine going to a forum and not being able to express even the most minuscule thought that exists outside the echo chamber without worrying about being banned and how that affects your own thought process outside of that forum. GAF used to be like restera, sad to say. I’m so much more thankful for the place it is in now. I hope everyone that gets banned from Resetera over stupid shit that shouldn’t be bannable comes here and realizes that the world outside of the bubble is so much more real and worthy of their time.

eot

Banned
The will die on a hill for that 2016 ghostbusters movie for "reasons" The trailer for the new one looks amazing. I got chills at the reveal.
It's honestly the only movie I've ever falling asleep during.

Imagine going to a forum and not being able to express even the most minuscule thought that exists outside the echo chamber without worrying about being banned and how that affects your own thought process outside of that forum. GAF used to be like restera, sad to say. I’m so much more thankful for the place it is in now. I hope everyone that gets banned from Resetera over stupid shit that shouldn’t be bannable comes here and realizes that the world outside of the bubble is so much more real and worthy of their time.

oldGAF was bad, but it was nowhere close to where Era is now

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The problem is that a lot of the time when they get banned there they don’t take time to decompress. They come back here almost immediately with the same mindset they left that place in and flame out hard in a couple of posts.

legacyzero legacyzero is proof of that. He has been banned from both places this week and still hasn’t had time to normalize. (I personally don’t remember him being anyone special here, and he never stood out to me there either, yesterday he thinks he’s a celebrity somehow)

It takes months to come back down from some of that and these people think they are going to do in hours or days.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

GKx8rJE.png

Shugga completely missing the point in his rush to reply to tell the person he's wrong and smash the report button at the same time.
Everything Syriel said it true, especially since he said "Majority" of women. It doesn't mean all.
Also why is Shugga quoting a part of a sentence that doesn't exist?

giphy.gif

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Maybe resetera googled the wrong definition of forum?

noun

1. a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
2. NORTH AMERICAN - a court or tribunal.

They are using the North American definition! It all makes sense now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For example, I run one of the bigger MCU sites. I broke the news that Marvel would be making an Eternals movie, Endgame would have a five-year time jump and time travel, that they were doing a solo Hawkeye project that then became the Disney+ series with Kate Bishop, what Katherine Langford's role in Endgame was. I also have a verified Twitter account with 90K followers. Because I have actual sources, but I'd NEVER give up their names in order to protect their livelihoods.
I just remember you from that one thread in 2005 where you laughed at a user for his MK vs DC speculation and then he bumped the thread 3 years later to gloat and Crushed drew a picture.

jBvbx.png

MilkyJoe

Of course they don’t like the new GB trailer.

this reply

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

• LOL
Reactions: 888

Kazza

Stolen from KF.. I couldn't stop laughing at this.

THIS IS BANNABLE! THOSE MENTAL MIDGETS!

img_20191209_171325-png.1043070

This might be the best one in this thread - it's just so silly!

Has anyone been following the craziness all year? If so, maybe they could create a poll selecting the top 10 craziest ban reasons and we could all vote on the which one we each think is the most ridiculous.

Last edited:

nush

This might be the best one in this thread - it's just so silly!

Has anyone been following the craziness all year? If so, maybe they could create a poll selecting the top 10 craziest ban reasons and we could all vote on the what we each think is the most ridiculous.

I've got time, might need a separate topic with a poll though.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
oldGAF was bad, but it was nowhere close to where Era is now
Eh, I don't know about that. During 2016 I pretty much visited Off-Topic GAF just to see what new lows "conversation" had reached and what creative reasons for ban the mods would get out of their bottomless magic hat. I actually loathed visiting GAF in those days, but it felt necessary to me to witness and remember that descent into madness. It was a fascinating bubble to watch, terrible but also useful to understand that there's people out there who really think and say what some of those people think and say.

Era is less surprising because it was founded by those same people with those ideas and attitudes. In the last two years it was entertaining, if unsurprising, seeing women start feeling "unsafe" (pretty much before the site was even 6 months old!) and argue that Era was founded "to empower women" (no, no it wasn't, not by public declaration at least) - and then those "unsafe" people riot and get unfettered immunity during these last few weeks.

Era is the perfect example of what happens when you put up a community without clear common goals and shared values and rack up people together just as a big "fuck you" to somebody. Different individuals believe the community was founded for a reason, when it really wasn't. Then they start claiming rights they were never promised, and if they're given enough leeway they'll force the community to become what they think it should be, others be damned.

It's amazing that people that claim to despise the "fuck you, got mine" attitude of others (Republicans, mainly) act exactly in the same way. And nothing is ever enough to them, so there's no end to their race except utter, irredeemable chaos and being hated by everyone outside the bubble.

But isn't crackers a racist word for white people?
They wouldn't care about that.
I wrestled with that idea but ...I thought it's possible to get away with it if I use a my relatives are Nazis and they are coming for Xmas thread which pops up on reee each Xmas....gateway trolling I call it

The locked confessions thread gave me some really cool ideas....that guy who eats shit from public toilets means there is an audience for someone like this guy to make a return

nush

Different individuals believe the community was founded for a reason, when it really wasn't.

It was founded to make Isamu Fukui money. That's it. he thought he could quickly flip it for the six figure sum that was offered for GAF. Now he's shitting his pants that's not going to happen and he needs to pay daddy back. The two other "Investors" already bailed the fuck out as they could see the way things were going.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It was founded to make Isamu Fukui money. That's it. he thought he could quickly flip it for the six figure sum that was offered for GAF. Now he's shitting his pants that's not going to happen and he needs to pay daddy back. The two other "Investors" already bailed the fuck out as they could see the way things were going.
Oh, I'm well aware of that. Too bad an awful lot of users there didn't get that memo, eh?

Saruhashi

Banned
Today in Total Fucking Insanity, care of ResetEra Takes:

ELQrW05WsAE3RMp

ELQrW06WoAAaneC

ELQrW1AXYAEWJ_1

ELQrW05WsAAsq5n

Love it.

You have to laugh at a bunch of straight dudes sitting around trying to act like they aren't sexually attracted to hot women just to appease the idea of Feminism.

If you even know who Sasha Grey is then there is a high likelihood that you have seen her work.
So why not drop the pretense?
They are seriously going to sit there and say "oh yes she has great taste in music" like they haven't all seen her getting rode six ways from Sunday?
Fucksakes. :)

Asexuals: Hey guys I don't ever want to bang anyone. I have no sexual attraction to anyone at all.
ResetEra: Oh wow! Expressing your sexuality is great! You are as brave as gay men from the 20th century to be honest. How dare anyone say anything different.

Straights: Fuckin, Sasha Grey live stream? Hell yeah! Would love to see her co-op with Mia Khalifa! Haha.
ResetEra: How fucking dare you!? Expressing your sexuality is not allowed here! BANNED!

I wonder how many of them would manage with women in the real world? They really think that the best way to build a healthy relationship is to pretend that you aren't really attracted to women because checking them out etc is not Feminist. No wonder so many of these Male Feminist dudes turn out to be utter creeps.

Imagine going on a first date with a lady and she has pulled out all the stops to impress you but you just look at the floor and mumble something about objectification and the male gaze. Meanwhile she notices she is getting glances from every male in the building except for you. Fucking clowns.

Don't think it was just cerium

The plan to derail this place has been in place for some time....they wanted their echo chamber....they had mods and posters destabilizing this place....they just didn't count on evilore telling them to fuck off after the bullshit accusations which mysteriously led to this site going offline due to ddos and reee being created as a free and open utopia for people to flock to

Now look at it.....do people think that was just co-incidence or are they just stupid and continue to post there???

Kev Kev

so, the 'why do people lie about their height so much?' thread is turning out to be pretty awesome

bunch of cry babies whining about how they aren't tall enough or that height shaming is a thing that needs to be dealt with 🤦‍♂️

EDIT: probably going to catch a ban for telling them to stop whining... we'll see

Last edited:
so, the 'why do people lie about their height so much?' thread is turning out to be pretty awesome

bunch of cry babies whining about how they aren't tall enough or that height shaming is a thing that needs to be dealt with 🤦‍♂️
I am 5'7".

Is this my thread? Is this my time to be a marginalized group?

Fuck all you height shamers! I demand my special treatment!

ManaByte

Gold Member

EDIT: probably going to catch a ban for telling them to stop whining... we'll see

Posted already, but someone needs to reply to that thread with this:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Height Supremacist

And more like 'this time she looks like a real human being'.

Julia Voth says thank you. These people are so incredibly scared of attractive, sexy women.

Lol:
They're all bashing the old design, yet at the same time they're bashing the pre order button in order to get the old design costume so that they can replay the game like that.

That was probably the intention, but as long as he's not in the red on server costs, I doubt he's really worried about money. Guy's allegedly got a rich dad, which he used that money to advertise his crappy books. If Era is making any profit at all, he's probably happy to just coast while remaining mostly invisible.

GHG

Gold Member

They're losing their minds over the fact that the female predator model has boobs :messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_tears_of_joy:

They're losing their minds over the fact that the female predator model has boobs :messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just seen this lol. Also the female (non-canon) should be bigger and more buff than the men, obviously designed INCORRECTLY here because of male insecurities.

I didn't even know there was a female predator tbh.

rJggT5l.png

classic ResetERA.com, and people falling for it for pages :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ironic that they're quoting a pedo?

Wait, who are you referring to?

Slayven and excelsieref or whatever the fuck his name is.

I remember a confession thread on Gaf where Evilore had to shut it down, rightly so, because of the terrorist sympathisers who were wishing death and more attacks on the West. I wonder how many of those people are now on REEE🤔

nush

Imagine going on a first date with a lady and she has pulled out all the stops to impress you but you just look at the floor and mumble something about objectification and the male gaze. Meanwhile she notices she is getting glances from every male in the building except for you. Fucking clowns.

They would be the guys that upon meeting her would not pay her a compliment on her looks or even start light touching for fear of being #metoo-ed. then they would start saying shit like they are more interested in a woman's mind than her body, not like the other guys. There would be no second date,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom