• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Surprise surprise, the guy who is depressed 24/7 wants to cancel everything cause no fun allowed.

how bout this...don’t want your house to burn down, DONT BUILD IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKIN BUSH.

this is the worst part of the Aussie bush fire season; pretending to give a fuck when retards build their houses in what is basically a kiln, and then surprise surprise it burns down.

fuck off
Excuse me, fuck living in a suburban shit hole. I'll gladly live somewhere I can step out the back door and piss off the patio giving the roos a wave.

Inner city greenie cunts deserve more blame than anyone for disastrous fire seasons with their refusal of burn offs during safer times to prevent fuel build up and locking up bushland for recreation and firewood collection.

ManaByte

Gold Member
"MUH SAFE SPACE!"

1hqRFWY.png

The contrapoints thread is interesting in that the tone in there completely changed once excelsiforef posted. Several posters including mods were praising the video, but many seem afraid to do that now that excel has compared Contra to Jordan Peterson.

The best part is excel isn't even a troll like Feistyboots or Icemonk, she's 100% serious. She'll be more successful in causing division there than any troll could ever hope to.

Last edited:

nush

What is the Buck Angel thing everyone keeps referring to?

It covers everything here, I've just watched it. It's a solid video has some good LOLs and covers cancel culture really in detail (Maybe too much as it's really damn long). I'd heard about the Buck Angel thing, never looked into is as I knew it would be some overblown bullshit feeding the outrage machine. I was right.

Buck Angel narrated a TEN SECOND quote in her last video. That's literally it.

Buck Angel has said some things the alphabet posse didn't agree with before he voiced ten seconds of the video. Basically saying what a lot of us think, they hate others because they hate themselves.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Are those permabans or all bans?

What happened in April 2018 to cause that acceleration?

The accelerated ban rate seems to be mostly sustained over the rest of the sample period, albeit with a very slight long term deceleration — possibly due to a shrinking userbase and fewer members to throw into the woodchipper?
It was around the time I got permabanned from there. Seems like there was a revolt in my honour.

600Breezy

Excuse me, fuck living in a suburban shit hole. I'll gladly live somewhere I can step out the back door and piss off the patio giving the roos a wave.

Inner city greenie cunts deserve more blame than anyone for disastrous fire seasons with their refusal of burn offs during safer times to prevent fuel build up and locking up bushland for recreation and firewood collection.

go do the back burning yourself then 🤷‍♂️

600Breezy

One of those people are community members here. Perhaps not best to insult them, and dispute or debate with them instead.

Just a thought.

lol am I debating misterxmedias slide presentations showing directx12 dgpu or timdogs xbox shirt?

I’ve seen both of their work from XB1 reveal days. Put them in the same basket as senjutsu-sage, Hindel, Kayle, statham etc.

mental midgets.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
lol am I debating misterxmedias slide presentations showing directx12 dgpu or timdogs xbox shirt?

I’ve seen both of their work from XB1 reveal days. Put them in the same basket as senjutsu-sage, Hindel, Kayle, statham etc.

mental midgets.
I’m going to disagree here. Whether I like someone or not, or whether I disagree with some of their stances, you won’t see me name drop or otherwise try to throw people under the bus.

You seem to take a different approach, and I find it gross, but you do you.

600Breezy

Guys are we sure this CBOAT character isn't Afro Republican's alt?

cboat used to break some huge news on old GAF... but then somewhere along the lines his info became a bit strange.

I remember one of his later pieces of info saying that PS4 sold close to (same as?) XB1 did during November / December of one year, only for the real figures to be XB1 +400k.

seems towards the end, his info was all over the place.

edit: I also remember a developer coming out and refuting some info on their game that cboat proclaimed, but cboat doubled down and was once again proven wrong. This is about 4-5 years ago now so I can’t really remember the specifics more so than what I’ve written here.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Here it is

Thanks for the answer, but I meant where on GAF, not that shithole.

There it is.

Papa

Banned
It's deeply ironic because it comes off like one of those dictator broadcast interruptions.

EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING! LISTEN TO ME AND DO WHAT I SAY OR YOU WILL GET BANNED

For a group of people who like to run around calling everyone else Nazis, they sure do like to act like them.

Yeah lol that’s what gets me. They have zero self-awareness.

Saruhashi

Banned
Sounds like the Non-Binary community are bunch of fucking snowflakes. My hurt feelings... cry cry cry over a Youtube video.

I'm not really sure that I understand the non-binary thing. Seems like "trans-lite" to me. All the oppression points of being trans without any of the real life challenges and struggle.

If they had even a little bit of self awareness they might come to some rational conclusions.
It is blatantly clear in their community that certain identities are not only valued more highly than others but can be used to basically strong-arm opposition in the course of a debate/discussion.

So it follows that people will want to somehow grab a bit of that for themselves.

I would say with someone like Contrapoints you would hardly notice them if you walked past them in the street. I mean that in the sense that it wouldn't be immediately obvious that this person has transitioned or is currently transitioning. Probably she can go to the shops or cinema etc and nobody points and stares etc.

However, this situation has only been achieved through significant effort. Medications. Surgeries. Probably some kind of diet considerations. Maybe a work out routine. Maybe both. This is all in addition to real life pressures and challenges from family and friends and maybe even nasty comments from strangers. Possibly living under the threat of real life abuse and violence. Real stuff. Not online Twitter bullshit.

So I would say that it is very frustrating when people on the internet try to undermine that by placing themselves on the same level as an individual who has gone through all those struggles with "I'm non-binary". What the hell does that even mean?

If being trans means making permanent, life changing, decisions in the hope of achieving some kind of happiness and goal then "non-binary" just seems like putting a toe in the water by comparison.

So if I wear a pink t-shirt today and say "actually I don't really feel like male or female describes me very well" then I am on a par with someone who has legitimately been through some real shit because of dysphoria or whatever? Nah. That doesn't sit right with me.

It's amazing to see though how people are able to use the idea of identity to compete for oppression points without having to actually go through the oppression and the struggle.

I may not agree with Contrapoints and at times I find her content to be very disingenuous and sneaky but I can at least respect her situation. Some basement dweller saying "I'm non binary so I understand what you've been through"? Nah, fuck that.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
"Regardless of how you feel about the situation, do not attempt to dismiess the feelings of the affected marginalised communities."

But how does one express the opinion that Contrapoints is right or doesn't deserve all this without "dismissing the feelings of the affected marginalised communities"? Seems like they just want you to shut up if you don't agree with the mods' party line.

Yep, that's pretty much their MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom