• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drganon

Also, it just dawned on me that the Retro Translator for Goemon 3 that Resetera got mad about just deleted his twitter account yesterday. I'd say shame on Resetera and Hardcore Gaming 101 for unfairly dog piling him, but i don't think they have shame. Looks like i'll be looking elsewhere for good Gaming Books.
Hg101, another site known for bitching about everything.

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's funny that reee even allows Groundhog Day to be mentioned because isn't the entire concept of that film that a guy who relentless stalks and manipulates women into bed can, given infinite time, come to a better place like TOTALLY against their philosophy? Is Bill Murray a Joe Rogan-type figure or a Canadian PM (I don't provide a platform to blackface) in this case?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It's funny that reee even allows Groundhog Day to be mentioned because isn't the entire concept of that film that a guy who relentless stalks and manipulates women into bed can, given infinite time, come to a better place like TOTALLY against their philosophy? Is Bill Murray a Joe Rogan-type figure or a Canadian PM (I don't provide a platform to blackface) in this case?
maybe they like it bc of the sequence where a white man kills himself over and over.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
vjTN7z0.jpg

Really shows the Woke Left's sense of justice and attitude towards truth, rationality and objective facts. They don't want to wait for facts and constantly try to devalue objective truth in favor of how someone feels about an issue weighed against their intersectionality score.

Last edited by a moderator:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it's a dumb thing to say anyways since facts are what led to Cosby and Weinstein getting into legal trouble. GTFO "if we waited for facts they would still be out there" does this guy think Cosby was sentenced based on Twitter hashtags or something? the only reason the metoo hashtag blew up was because it supported the fact based legal proceedings around Weinstein.

also WTF "the luxury of getting tapes of their assault" from Shugga. disingenuous and gross.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
it's a dumb thing to say anyways since facts are what led to Cosby and Weinstein getting into legal trouble. GTFO "if we waited for facts they would still be out there" does this guy think Cosby was sentenced based on Twitter hashtags or something?

Yes, I believe he does. As if authorities saw the outrage on Twitter, Reddit, and Era (well, GAF at the time) and arbitrarily decided to arrest them because they #BelievedWomen.

nush

Reactions: Rim

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
He needs to get off reset ASAP.

One of the best advice someone could tell you is : never surround yourself with negative people.

Resetera is just that, a forum full of desperate negative people, that only feeds on the outrage of the day and wait for the next Nintendo direct to bring them joy, for a short moment.

In short : Resetera is bad for your health and I'm not even joking.

One of the best advice someone could tell you is : never surround yourself with negative people.

Resetera is just that, a forum full of desperate negative people, that only feeds on the outrage of the day and wait for the next Nintendo direct to bring them joy, for a short moment.

In short : Resetera is bad for your health and I'm not even joking.
There are people out there in the world who are only “happy” when there is drama and misery. Usually in the real world you wouldn’t see them congregate together because they will quickly fight with each other. But on the internet I guess the fighting isn’t as immediate.

I doubt Progressive Whites calling Moderate or even Conservative Blacks “Uncle Toms” was the progress MLK and others fought for.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LOL.

Here's an idea. Focus on having a good education and job, and treat the news and social media as entertainment. There's a reason why 99% of users don't post their real name or photo..... because people want to gab with others, shoot the shit and not have things treated seriously.

Instead of watching reruns of Too Close for Comfort or Melrose Place, people have fun on the net reading stupid shit and responding back with stupid replies for kicks.

Sit back and laugh as media sites and moronic "journalists" desperately upload stupid clickbait articles for traffic as most news sites have dropped or gone bankrupt since the net took over,

And then grab a cold drink and laugh at SJW freaking out the sun is going to turn Earth into a bonfire.

God Enel

Thank you we have another one.
One more guy made it in my RE Hall of Fame
1. accusations are evidence
2. freedom of speech being "the old racist's trope"
3. Neogaf is a trashfire of freethinkers
4. As a male, I would be totally okay with sacrificing my ability to vote so that the women can save us from the idiots among us men.
5. The penis is not male genitalia
6. innocent until proven guilty can be a "dangerous ideology"

Bigrx1

Banned
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rent fucking free. They are so salty I love it.

I listened to the clip, it's literally like a 5 second comment where he just admits he doesn't know everything involved in what being president entails so maybe he just doesn't know and Trump could be right for the job. A level-headed, objective take. And that's the problem, level-headed isn't allowed.

Aristide

Thank you we have another one.
One more guy made it in my RE Hall of Fame
1. accusations are evidence (...)
6. innocent until proven guilty can be a "dangerous ideology"

Hum as accusation are evidences does that mean you don't even need to be accused to be considered guilty (or it'd be a dangerous ideology) ?
(sorta coherent from people believing being of some identities is some kind of original sin)

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hum as accusation are evidences does that mean you don't even need to be accused to be considered guilty (or it'd be a dangerous ideology) ?
(sorta coherent from people believing being of some identities is some kind of original sin)
Well, if you are a white cishet christian male you are already guilty of a myriad of horrible crimes. So really, even if you are innocent of beating up that woman you are deserving of outrage and banishment.

Thus is what virtue signalling and woke points are for, to cash in for your defense when the mob comes a knocking.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
UxnS1Zv.jpg

Well there it is.

Some innocent people getting their lives ruined is worth it for the greater good. It's "not a huge issue" to destroy these innocent people to be quick to judgement without any information.

Does he know the history of false accusations in the 50s and 60s in the American South and how people of color got lynched by vigilante mobs over said false accusations? Or how that happens today in theocratic countries?

Nah. Red, is on the right side of history so "a smaller number of people" can have their lives ruined by mob rule so long as it supports their political narrative,. It's not a huge issue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
UxnS1Zv.jpg

Well there it is.

Some innocent people getting their lives ruined is worth it for the greater good. It's "not a huge issue" to destroy these innocent people to be quick to judgement without any information.

Does he know the history of false accusations in the 50s and 60s in the American South and how people of color got lynched by vigilante mobs over said false accusations? Or how that happens today in theocratic countries?

Nah. Red, is on the right side of history so "a smaller number of people" can have their lives ruined by mob rule so long as it supports their political narrative,. It's not a huge issue.

Yeah, that’s always been the stance of the #BelieveWomen hardliners once you distilled it enough.

Papa

Banned
the Narrative is their god. everyone must be sacrificed in order to control the Narrative. they have to dominate the optics of the moment at all times, to "get a win" no matter what. it is a hyper competitive, hyper territorial way of operating, and it only serves to radicalize people and narrow their ranks.

Yeah, but it’s already established. Don’t like it? Go establish your own narrative.

SCReuter

One of ResetEra's biggest witch hunters weighs in on Johnny Depp:

Yeah, nobody's buying it, Kyuuji. Johnny Depp was in that "hellish position" in part because of irresponsible MeToo zealots like yourself. You never gave a shit about victims of false allegations and have actively sought to ruin their lives. Go back to the 1600s where you belong.

El Bombastico is another witch-hunting moron, but unlike Kyuuiji, he at least fesses up to it.

Some sane users. You get trophies too. :lollipop_trophy: :lollipop_trophy:

Last edited:

benjipwns

Banned
Lots of action in just two pages:

-A UN official is a bad source, later uncovered to have unclean motives by having wanted justice for prisoners/having opposed torture by states for years over his career
-Assange is declared a "white supremacist" and "rapist" until proven guilty
-Pointing out that sexual misconduct != rape gets Kinthey banned.
-incelsiorlef losing their mind again while suffering from PTSD over the Tlaib boos Hillary thread
-OP is suspicious for not returning immediately to face his accusers
-DONALD TRUMP ARGHABALDBLE IMMIGRANTS IN CAMPS SLEBOONWBARGH
-"We need to lock this thread. Article is conspiracy bullshit dismissing rape and OP hasn't showed their face since posting it. "
-"If a United Nations representative acts like this about rape, he should be fired. Like the second his boss arrives at work tomorrow. "
-"For me, these women, and folks like me this is about rape culture and for me specifically it's about white supremacy and rape culture "

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
For people who love to prate on about the virtue of empathy, the RegretEras seem awfully selective about whom they empathize with...

Empathy is strictly reserved for only the most marginalized groups of the day, and even then, only if they fall in line with the narrative and play up their victimhood. Everyone else is, quite literally, a trash person or Nazi.

Leprech

Lots of action in just two pages:

Kinda proves that the whole "muh whistle blower protection" bullshit over the last month was just a narrative/acted by the left to help the democrat impeachment coup lol

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Get a load of this pussy who thinks 'life is too hard and sad'.
He has a child :messenger_open_mouth: I feel so bad for that poor kid. Having to live with such a delicate snowflake.
Jesus Christ what a bitch. Toughen up buttercup. Life is hard. You have a responsibility to your child to be a man and show them the correct way to conduct themselves. If Trump and your pretend rise of fascism is all that you can think about then you need lots of psychiatric help.

Look at this guy

I love you Joaquin but I also think you should be killed

I always miss these drama threads

jason10mm

Gold Member
Look at this guy

I pity any POC nominees next year. Did they earn it or were they affirmative action selectees?

These people realize that shouting at the voting body can only backfire, right? Either work to BECOME a voter or make your own awards show!

Mihos

Gold Member
UxnS1Zv.jpg

Well there it is.

He should go tell these people that their time served was for the greater good

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Hmmm, seems like Phoenix went in extra hard to put some daylight between himself the actor and the "suspect" politics of Joker. No more no less than a self-serving sham.

Moreover when people try to stack the ballots for entry into elite groups (which award winners/nominees are) with people of their choice and designation, I don't call that diversity, I call it cronyism.

pigeon banned!

[User banned (2 weeks): Ignoring the staff post with regards to trolling/sniping and metacommentary + pattern of trolling over multiple posts and threads]

Messofanego banned!

[User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory commentary around rape and sexual assault.]

Kirblar banned!

[User banned (1 week): inflammatory whataboutism]

Soliloque of a Dogge banned!

[User Banned (1 week): metacommentary, ignoring the modpost]

They're all basically slaps on the wrists, but wondering if the forums will be more normal than usual with those REEEEtards cooling off for a week or two.

pigeon banned!

[User banned (2 weeks): Ignoring the staff post with regards to trolling/sniping and metacommentary + pattern of trolling over multiple posts and threads]

Messofanego banned!

[User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory commentary around rape and sexual assault.]

Kirblar banned!

They're all basically slaps on the wrists, but wondering if the forums will be more normal than usual with those REEEEtards cooling off for a week or two.
If those users are shit-stirrers and/or high volume posters, you can bet things will get worse as no-names attempt to fill the gap and reap the attention for themselves.

We see the same phenomenon here on GAF (especially the politics board) where a shit-stirrer is finally banned and then suddenly there's an uptick of posting volume from all the others + a few new faces that materialize at the same time. The funniest part is the posters don't seem to think GAF notices. 🤭

#Phonepunk#

Banned
pigeon banned!

Messofanego banned!

Kirblar banned!

The Hunter banned as well

it the woke apocalypse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom