• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ban wave incoming.
00MWstC.png

nush

I do not get Twitter at all.
How can you not end up super depressed after prolonged usage like this?

Dude has an absolutely pathetic 112 followers.

Posts "AMA" and gets ONE single question. "What are you playing currently?"
That's it.

Then tries to PRETEND that he got loads of flak from "shitheads" that he had to block.
This is like 30 minutes after his AMA tweet.

Then, about 15 minutes later...
"Spending my night drinking the tears of people who were banned The lack of self-awareness is better than any rum I’ve got."

Dude, you didn't ban anyone because nobody noticed your shitty "AMA" tweet because nobody fucking cares about you. Dammit, people don't even care enough to give you grief on Twitter.

So he has to make it up. How sad is that?
It's kind of tragic.
This lonely guy pretending that he has this audience that would even want to participate in an AMA while he drinks (presumably alone).
Then he has to even pretend that he has some army of haters that he defeats by blocking them.

I don't get the point? I don't get how you could have so little self awareness that you can't see how sad that is.

He'd be better off coming to NeoGAF for a good old argument that performing this sad act.

Hecht, dude, if you really do lurk on here then why not post a bit and we can have a good old-fashioned name-calling session or something. Most on here can take it and dish it out just fine and it's got to be better than sitting alone getting drunk and making up fake stuff. At least it would be something real, getting into it with us.

"I'm sitting alone getting drunk and making up fake internet fights to show off to my 112 followers... those other guys are the losers though."
He's so unpopular nobody he's trying to impress will notice this pathetic AMA except for the equally desperate to be noticed Hobbes. So,it's basically a performance just for the "haters" to get a good LOL from him.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
make sure to read the last three sentences. they are a doozy. white Americans "need to live with the consequences of their actions" (ie a white-friendly Trump presidency) and "black people, funnily enough, will be fine" (the question of black people not being fine under Trump so silly it elicits laughter).

some bizarro anti-anti-progressive pretzel logic i've never seen til now. 🤡

cT0jJ0E.png

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
dont be a massive fucking douche. while yes he's an idiot for doxxing himself, you calling for people to fuck around with them is just plain shit
you do realize that when you quote that post to tsk tsk about spreading the phone number, you are copying the phone number? lol

like, it wasn't on this page, now it is, thanks to you

Last edited:
I wanna see big tits in video games. Who gives a shit? Because these fat man bitches have disgusting hairy boobs, women in games (and rl?) are not allowed to have a nice rack? What the hell? I’m never gonna understand this way of thinking.

I hate to say it but seeing the people who frequent that thread it 100% seems to be out of jealously, envy and hate for the female bod, thats NOT what they feel is "realistic". I get the point that's being made but it's funny to see men do it. Like Okay, I'm supposed to be upset about some pixel with big tits, why because Ree Mods and Ree users some aren't even women are telling me I should? Then I'll get banned by someone whose not a woman if I dare and give a different opinion?
Sure.
My favorite part is when they say they aren't going to buy a game, 1- You probably weren't going to buy it. 2. You probably ARE going to buy it but are trying to look woke.
They get mad because it's for the "male gaze" yet the males gazing at it are saying whats appropriate for female game characters to wear....? We all know why they do it.

pulga

Banned
you do realize that when you quote that post to tsk tsk about spreading the phone number, you are copying the phone number? lol

like, it wasn't on this page, now it is, thanks to you
GOOD JOB POSTING THE POST WITH HIS PHONE NUMBER DIPSHIT

*reposts post with phone number

5kCwNqs.png

real galaxy brain type shit here. does someone tie your shoelaces in the morning?

no one is reprimanding you for posting his phone number, that person did that himself, we're all calling you a dipshit for coming in here all like "LETS CALL HIM HAHAHAH"

Last edited:
make sure to read the last three sentences. they are a doozy. white Americans "need to live with the consequences of their actions" (ie a white-friendly Trump presidency) and "black people, funnily enough, will be fine" (the question of black people not being fine under Trump so silly it elicits laughter).

some bizarro anti-anti-progressive pretzel logic i've never seen til now. 🤡

cT0jJ0E.png
hmmm...this person Mods a site where white moderators ban black posters for wrong think in black topics. Also, "i'm tired of playing captain save a hoe" uh...excuse me? What have you done? Who have you saved?

You don't speak for black people and you damn sure don't speak for black women, you NEVER WILL speak for women.

By the way this is the same mod who banned someone for "Kink shaming" when they made a post talking about how wrong it was that people were fucking dogs or some shit.
This person drives a nice car , is a furry (which is an expensive hobby) and seems to be doing just fucking fine, but the way they speak, you'd think they weren't. I get police hate but who would this person call if someone hurt them?

Last edited:
I have to say I usually enjoy coming to this thread for the commentary on some of the more egregious examples of outrage culture and oppression olympics on Reset and other parts of the internet however I found myself a little disappointed with the behaviour and discussion of the last couple of pages.

First of all, that Washington Examiner privilege pyramid is silly as hell. I think it's ridiculous to feel, as a white straight male, that rape victims, the trans community and other marginalized groups are somehow at the top of the privilege pyramid. I'm sure there are some actors in those communities that want nothing more than to build a world that looks just like that but I think those are in the minority and only represented en masse in a few areas of the internet like Resetera. Most would probably be just happy with being heard and accepted for who they are. Also, rape victims at the top of a privilege pyramid? Really? I guess they had the privilege of being fucked against their will.

Second, I'd rather this community not go after threads that are dealing with suicidal posters. It's good to see the community over at Resetera trying to help and I think the people here would do a lot of the same (well, maybe not post their god damn phone number for the world to see) if it happened over here. I do agree that the general negative world view over there is most likely damaging to some individuals but I'd just rather not see this community make light of a sad situation. We also have been pretty vocal regarding the negative and damaging remarks made over there in regards to recent suicides in the gaming community. Let's not be like them. If it's mental health/suicide related we should treat it with care.

The good thing about NeoGAF is that I can at least make a post like this without fear of getting banned for wanting to express my feelings on the situation.

Mato

Most often it is members whose avatar depicts a white man that get banned. That sounds awfully a lot like racism and sexism. Hmm...

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
0gmufv6.png

according to this mod, if you are upset at a billionaire buying his way into the presidential election, you are "just looking to be mad"

weird stance to take on an SJW board but ok. guess the need to own people trumps the need to be coherent in your ideology.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
real galaxy brain type shit here. does someone tie your shoelaces in the morning?

no one is reprimanding you for posting his phone number, that person did that himself, we're all calling you a dipshit for coming in here all like "LETS CALL HIM HAHAHAH"

I was kidding around, dumbass. Settle down. Have some cereal.

cormack12

Gold Member
Am I cynical to have fully expected that op who said they would be gone tonight would be posting hours later? I mean, most of the folk there shit on Etika for exactly that. They are creating an environment which sends people into spirals which feed these thoughts, then all want to be stepping in to be seen to 'help'. Treat the cause not the symptom.......and the people who set the tone for the site, the moderators like that asshole up above and the 'protected posters' that are above reprieve. But as always, locked thread, no reflection blah blah blah

Am I cynical to have fully expected that op who said they would be gone tonight would be posting hours later? I mean, most of the folk there shit on Etika for exactly that. They are creating an environment which sends people into spirals which feed these thoughts, then all want to be stepping in to be seen to 'help'. Treat the cause not the symptom.......and the people who set the tone for the site, the moderators like that asshole up above and the 'protected posters' that are above reprieve. But as always, locked thread, no reflection blah blah blah
Some people are just breaking down and crying for help and don't plan to do anything. Then again, you never know. It's best just to handle the situation with the care it requires. A lot of people over there double down on their shit behaviour when Etika was in a similar situation. It's a shame.

A community should not shy away from talking about situations that could be affecting the mental health of its members and they certainly shouldn't be shutting down and banning specific arguments because they don't like the criticism they are hearing. What a sad state of affairs.

[
Some people are just breaking down and crying for help and don't plan to do anything. Then again, you never know. It's best just to handle the situation with the care it requires. A lot of people over there double down on their shit behaviour when Etika was in a similar situation. It's a shame.

A community should not shy away from talking about situations that could be affecting the mental health of its members and they certainly shouldn't be shutting down and banning specific arguments because they don't like the criticism they are hearing. What a sad state of affairs.
it's fucked up how they are phrasing it as, "Oh you all are being inconsiderate for daring to talk about the environment that Reset is and how it affects users!!" when the truth is they just don't want to be criticized EVER.

It's a shame. That thread is a discussion they absolutely need to have.

That thread is hilarious. Don't say anything negative in a thread asking about why there are so many suicide bids on the forum. Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban. LOCK. Move along, nothing to see here. Absolutely pathetic.

That one guy in there nakedly baiting that other guy to be specific about what topics he things the moderation is too harsh with. Actually out there trying to trick other users into being banned in a thread asking why the culture over there is so negative.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
damn these people need to find religion or community or get fucked and start a family or base their lives around SOMETHING real that isn't just celebrating corporate product & cynical nihilism. the endless threads of hopelessness are NAGL. new since last night's suicide thread:

sOMF8A3.png

0K7C6NJ.png

Last edited:
That one guy in there nakedly baiting that other guy to be specific about what topics he things the moderation is too harsh with. Actually out there trying to trick other users into being banned in a thread asking why the culture over there is so negative.

The irony of that was fucking thick. Incredible.

damn these people need to find religion or community or get fucked and start a family or base their lives around SOMETHING real that isn't just celebrating corporate product & cynical nihilism. the endless threads of hopelessness are NAGL. new since last night's suicide thread:

sOMF8A3.png

0K7C6NJ.png
What if I told you they'd already found a religion?

morpheussunglasses.jpg

sOMF8A3.png

0K7C6NJ.png
SolVanderlyn is basically just speaking about how depressing it can be trying to talk about games these days without finding yourself blind sided by some sort of political agenda. I feel that at times.

I definitely think there is something to keeping a politics tab separate. Somedays I am perfectly fine about engaging in those discussions but other days I just want to have some fun.

Ionian

From that suicide thread

</yoink> - we don't believe this was capped maliciously, nor do we consider sharing self posted identifiable information as doxxing. While experience is often the harshest but best teacher, we wouldn't want to think our members are phoning this number and doing Chewbacca impressions

Someone please call this fool

LMAO, that mod edit is golden. hahaha :D

pulga

Banned
I was kidding around, dumbass. Settle down. Have some cereal.
astoundingly funny of you! keep your day job mate.

sOMF8A3.png

0K7C6NJ.png

mods really need to crack down on miserable topics. theres one right now about a transwoman being murderered...I mean what's the point of that other than to depress the community even further?

apparently you can't call a trans woman a trans person.
z90JcxH.png
It's this kind of policing of language that makes it difficult for people to engage with the trans community. If you feel like you're walking on egg shells when talking to a trans person you're less likely to want to bother talking in the first place. That's a detriment to the trans community that just wants to be treated like everyone else. No one is learning from one another in that situation. It stifles discussion focusing on the inconsequential instead of the big picture.

We are reopening the thread for further discussion of this important topic. Please continue so we can get to the root of the problem.

PS if you say something we don't like we will ban the fuck out of you
O1QdJrf.png

Last edited:

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
I wonder when it will become a fashionable zeitgeist for the regressive left to turn on their authoritarian 'allies'? When they stop seeing them as their benevolent gatekeepers but the privileged people in power looking to coral them and their marginalized speech?

I'd hate to see that. Just hate to see it.

Last edited:

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
I feel...empty This thread was originally titled something akin to "I feel...black"

Capturevvv.png

instead of reaching out to a depressed person some members immediately defaulted to racism defense mode lmao

"Hey I know you feel suicidal, but please check your speech. That's the real thing to worry about here. When you use the correct words then we can talk about saving your life."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom