• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cravis

I always envision the meeting of the mods there as something like the legion of doom table meetings crossed with a really bad drag queen performance. Still just as evil 😆

#Phonepunk#

Banned
oh they care about Black History Month, do they?

jGguGeg.png

doesn't look like it at all. 94 posts over the month of February. what other, more pressing issues, get more posts?

Hc9YUlm.png

qQeHwFT.png

VrcWKds.png

so please spare everyone the "ON BLACK HISTORY MONTH" bs. yall care far more about some x-men comic book or a rich white lady.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Lol, now Tifa and Aerith are too sexualized for Resetera too.

I wonder if people on Twitter will talk about the manchildren and incels complaining about it.
I saw a lot of people talking about manchildren and incels who didn't think that Tifas boobs were big enough ( people I know for a fact don't have a problem with sexualized designs btw ).
I don't think that they realize how many shitheads like this there exists too.

I saw this with Jill too in RE3. People were praising the redesign of her costume and calling out people like that for complaining that her redesign isn't sexy enough. But I didn't see them do the same when people called her a whore and a prostitute in her original design. Some consistency would be nice.

We have grown ass men complaining about a characters design which is attractive. Wtf do these betas say when they see an attractive female in public dressed how she wants...?

deafmedal

We need an underground railroad. Anyone with a Ree account, let these guys know there's no reason to suffer in that godawful miserable authoritarian community any longer.
My first thought seeing that post. I’d be willing to lend a hand once my ban is up but y’all gotta point to the users to reach out to, I can’t go back to parsing through that place... I am sooo fucking glad to be back here.
(ofc, I’ll probably catch a perm just from interacting with this thread 🤣)

Dick Jones

Gold Member

jGguGeg.png

doesn't look like it at all. 94 posts over the month of February. what other, more pressing issues, get more posts?

Hc9YUlm.png

qQeHwFT.png

VrcWKds.png

so please spare everyone the "ON BLACK HISTORY MONTH" bs. yall care far more about some x-men comic book or a rich white lady.
I havent looked at the Taylor Swift one. I imagine it has gone a little like this.

Taylor Swift is a woman playing a man.
Shouldn't that role go to a trans man?
Is Taylor Swift transphobic?
Cancel Taylor Swift!
Additional evidence: I know she once gave out to an African American who expressed interest in her through a song he played to her.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum Taylor Swift is a racist transphobe.
The prosecution rests and as we all know accusations are evidence.

It's like they are playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon (racism/transphobia edition)

TheStruggler

We need an underground railroad. Anyone with a Ree account, let these guys know there's no reason to suffer in that godawful miserable authoritarian community any longer.
What if these people suicided their gaf accounts back in the day?

This is why I dont follow the mass exodus of people and do stupid shit. Least I can post here in good faith and not worry about catching a ban for having a different opinion than someone.

Last edited:

Maybe unban the accounts that got perm'd in the great shit storm of 2017 so we don't have to make new ones 🙄😆

I can't remember why I got banned then but it seemed unfair at the time

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
My first thought seeing that post. I’d be willing to lend a hand once my ban is up but y’all gotta point to the users to reach out to, I can’t go back to parsing through that place... I am sooo fucking glad to be back here.

Glad you're back, either way, deafmedal. I'll try to keep the ad quality up to par. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

What if these people suicided there gaf accounts thougt back in the day?

This is why I dont follow the mass exodus of people and do stupid shit. Least I can post here in good faith and not worry about catching a ban for having a different opinion than someone.

Depends on how they comported themselves specifically and what they have to say for their actions now.

Jezbollah

Geoff and Danowat are two of the good eggs over there. It saddens me that they were hit with the ban stick for telling what is essentially the truth.

Era is completely totalitarian. Conform or be punished. What a sad state of affairs.

What was your original account?

Not saying because I still post over there occasionally (when I'm not banned, which is pretty frequent) and I like keeping the two separate, for obvious reasons. And it's the same user name I have there.

But you can probably check the IP logs, I tried to log in on the old account before I made this one. It's no-one well known. Or don't bother. I don't really care about that ban but it sure felt like a bunch of people got caught in the crossfire back then and were forced over to the other site.

Maybe if they found their accounts were open again, they might come back.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Not saying because I still post over there occasionally (when I'm not banned, which is pretty frequent) and I like keeping the two separate, for obvious reasons. And it's the same user name I have there.

But you can probably check the IP logs, I tried to log in on the old account before I made this one. It's no-one well known. Or don't bother. I don't really care about that ban but it sure felt like a bunch of people got caught in the crossfire back then and were forced over to the other site.

Maybe if they found their accounts were open again, they might come back.

If you prefer keeping it private and starting fresh, that's fine.

Yeah, lots of people were caught in the crossfire, and some mods who stayed on to "help" after the initial wave of departures ended up banning people who did nothing more than express that there shouldn't be a witch hunt. Nightmare clusterfuck. I've gone back and reviewed over a thousand bans from 2015-2017 but if anyone hasn't been sorted out still they should send a support@neogaf.com email with their account name and any pertinent info for review

TheStruggler

Glad you're back, either way, deafmedal. I'll try to keep the ad quality up to par. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Depends on how they comported themselves specifically and what they have to say for their actions now.
Least you'll give them a chance it seems. All signs of good character

Last edited:

Yeah, lots of people were caught in the crossfire, and some mods who stayed on to "help" after the initial wave of departures ended up banning people who did nothing more than express that there shouldn't be a witch hunt. Nightmare clusterfuck. I've gone back and reviewed over a thousand bans from 2015-2017 but if anyone hasn't been sorted out still they should send a support@neogaf.com email with their account name and any pertinent info for review

Fair enough 👍

pulga

Banned
A wild Incident Manager appears!

3333.png

since when is he suicidal?

pls unban my old alts

Ionian

I'd say anyone banned in that thread about mental health would probably want to come back/join.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they check pm's for dissenters.

OT: but is your avatar FNM?

jGguGeg.png

Hc9YUlm.png

qQeHwFT.png

VrcWKds.png

Hey now, X-Men #7 was fantastic.

It's this kind of policing of language that makes it difficult for people to engage with the trans community. If you feel like you're walking on egg shells when talking to a trans person you're less likely to want to bother talking in the first place. That's a detriment to the trans community that just wants to be treated like everyone else. No one is learning from one another in that situation. It stifles discussion focusing on the inconsequential instead of the big picture.
IRL trans people don't act like this, I have multiple trans friends they'd get banned on Reee because of the things they believe/say. They just want to live their lives..

Last edited:

Ymir

i hate to ask but why the fuck is transperson not acceptable...
Because it’s transphobic, shes a woman so why won’t you call the woman a woman hmmm? Your refusal to accept their gender is problematic and I hope you won’t post this problematic in the future. Thank you.

But I feel like it’s something along those lines

Okay many of these bans are just outright bullshit.,..
the one where the dude was banned for adding more context about the Paps, is crazy. Why even post there? Why? You are not allowed to have an opinion. It's funny how they are saying "if it was an white man Duff would've reacted this way" but if it was an WHITE man I'm sure they'd been calling him a pedophile weirdo or something.

I got banned in that thread too. Lots of posters were saying “this wouldn’t have happened if he was white”. I said I’m white and it’s happened to me on 2 occasions when I’ve taken my kids to the park. Banned for dismissing racism.

So of course you come here, Racist!!!

/s

I'd say I am sorry for your loss, but I think it's a net gain :)

Azzurri

Gold Member
It's amazing how everything on REEE is ALWAYS about race.

How about the guy was a fucking creeper no matter if he was black, white or whatever, but nooo, it always has to go back to because he's black

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Look at Nepenthe’s posts compared to those and tell me which ones are racially insensitive. One person just spews hatred and generalizations about white people constantly and the others just offering honest takes with no hatred or anger whatsoever.

That site is run by racist, hateful, psychos.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Holy Macaroni, Batman! The Hillary Duff photog thread was a BLOODBATH!

How dare someone have opinions during Black History month! Do we think Nepenthe or Slayven went on a banspree?
2fw3HQh.png

llMYpqy.png

hjV9qJ1.png

nzfwAi4.png

d54YJl3.png

OUQ8XTq.png

jfTH8kM.png

wvsQeKq.png

AlG6aOT.png

7GteeSy.png
The bans come across as paedophilia is okay if the paedophile is black. You should not protect your kids from minority paedophiles or you're a racist. I'd rather be called a racist than have my hypothetical kids diddled. Are the mods brain damaged or what?

Look at Nepenthe’s posts compared to those and tell me which ones are racially insensitive. One person just spews hatred and generalizations about white people constantly and the others just offering honest takes with no hatred or anger whatsoever.

That site is run by racist, hateful, psychos.
(im happy i found this thread)

Most of the mods are VERY aggressive and it does not help the conversation or environment. Nep's opinion is the ONLY black "female" opinion that's allowed, unless there's another black mod in the same topic and that's just how it is on Reset. What can you do? Agrue with the mod and get banned for some stupid reasons? Yet this very aggressive mod, lets other mods silence other black/female posters when they aren't apart of that group.

it's almost as if Nep doesn't care what anyone else has to say. I dislike this mod the most.Especially since reminders, they think criticizing fucking animals is "Kink shaming", but they act like white people are the scum of the earth.

They talk DOWN to people. They act like because whatever box they check means their opinions means more then people who check that SAME box.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Well, it seems as if many of them are barely hanging on and want to die with the amount of suicidal posts that place gets. It’s not a healthy environment and many of them are clearly unwell... which any person could have told you without seeing the suicidal posts, just by their mindset on life.

They will never be happy in life thinking the way they do,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom