• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol a really empathetic bunch over there

"H-how could my political opponents actually have feelings and talents and make valid contributions to the world?"

Edging dangerously close to dehumanizing others.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah that take is like batshit dumb. so dumb it doesn't warrant discussion.

also i hate when non creative people try to make these statements.
internal traits which are in disharmony with the ability to make beautiful art
like this is genuinely dumb. art doesn't work that way, people don't work that way. it's almost tough to find a way into this argument because it is so insanely stupid.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
rA14o98.jpg

lol @ this dude calling out "public shaming" after he literally shames people ("it's frustrating") who buy a rape victim's story.

hah and he puts one sentence to separate his shaming of people supporting a rape victim and his sentence pretending to care for rape victims. that sentence is how someone else's argument is wrong.

the least self aware people on the planet, every day, acting like total idiots

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i lol whenever i see people taking "fragility" seriously.

like of course nobody wants to be calling fucking fragile.

those threads are 1000% a waste of time. just circle jerks of people calling others fragile, then people getting upset, then the first people saying "Ah! You're upset! You are fragile! I'm proven correct!"

and it's like, wow, yes, congrats, you can be a dick to someone, and have them respond to you. looks like your social experiment worked, you fucking freak.

these are just sociopaths who get off on controlling the behavior of others.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
love that cowardly slide into "it's just a videogame enthusiast forum" at the very end. some deflection going on there.

ZTZ23LP.jpg

also i like how you are supposed to talk about white people BUT NO OTHER ETHNICITY ALLOWED. yes what a reasonable expectation for a discussion on race: you can't talk about any races but white people.

also i like how you are supposed to talk about white people BUT NO OTHER ETHNICITY ALLOWED. yes what a reasonable expectation for a discussion on race: you can't talk about any races but white people.
It's a puzzle, isn't it? We could segregate everyone into their own little safe conversation spaces based on skincolor so that such conversations could take place in an approved manner. :pie_thinking:

Meicyn

Gold Member
I obviously don’t agree with any of Nepenthe’s commentary on race, but I think credit is due that the thread hasn’t become a graveyard full of bans. Yet. Dissenting voices are still being allowed.

That, I think, is a great thing. She gets to say her piece, others say theirs, conversation continues.

I obviously don’t agree with any of Nepenthe’s commentary on race, but I think credit is due that the thread hasn’t become a graveyard full of bans. Yet. Dissenting voices are still being allowed.

That, I think, is a great thing. She gets to say her piece, others say theirs, conversation continues.
Yeah, pat on the back for not being frothing cultists toward any Wrongthink... yet.

desertdroog

Revisit that thread in a week or two, make note of who gets banned. Then see which other thread they were banned in and the reason. By pushing back, they have been given the 'Black Spot', marking themselves for future "Actioning".

You can see who gets banned here:

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Tbf they need a distraction from NYT changing the reporting about a sexual harassment case in order to appease the campaign Presidential Candidate. Much easier to talk about something as substance free as this idiotic question. Talking about how the media collides with politicians is too real.

Instead of that they are doing this performative bs which has zero impact and means nothing beyond an opportunity for virtue signaling.

That thread about the Times censoring the news to appease a possible rapist is only at like 4 pages while this is now at 21 pages in. Both threads started on Monday.

Divide and conquer. These idiots don’t even know how much they are being used

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned

Not credit. I get what you’re saying, but that is the lowest possible bar to meet to have a discussion forum, and I guarantee you that if you even tiptoe on the moderate end of leftism, it won’t end well for you.

As Phonepunk said, I’m sure there’s a lot going on behind the scenes, with those users being marked for future targeting as well.

UncleMeat

At least they banned this conspiracy wingnut; I mean have you ever read anything so crazy?! Good moderating, comrades!

User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theorising
I imagine 99.99% of the WHO workers are responsible and want to do everything they can to save as many lives as possible, but at the same time its really obvious that the Director-General of the WHO, Tedros Ghebreyesus, is essentially a puppet of the chinese government and the level of corruption between him and China is staggering. Mr. Ghebreyesus has no training as a doctor and China has poured billions into Mr. Ghebreyesus' native Ethopia with a lot of questionable coincidences of money spending (really unmistakable naked bribery). Under his leadership the WHO has had an insane amount of charges of racism, sexism, and corruption leveled against it.

"AP Exclusive: UN health chief orders probe into misconduct "

The WHO is led by someone who is just as incompetent and corrupt as Trump, they just report to different masters.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol "not gonna bother reading this thread but may as well make a generalization about the content just the same"

5L4jXRo.jpg

Last edited:

Ymir

I'm starting to think nillansan is an excel alt with all the attacking of other posters. He's really crazy the attention and virtue signaling pats on the back.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Nepenthe’s plan is clear. She wants every white person to nate her so she can say all white people are racist.
I think she may actually succeed, too.

Uhhhh...
I...
Um...

WHAT?!

Arguably, their clique's behavior on NeoGAF leading up to the 2016 election and the 2017 split was showing signs of being a cult. The split itself was very much the all-too-common "separate yourself from the heathens" moment that inevitably comes for any ideologically-driven cult, and it has been downhill from there.

I'd say the starter pistol for the cult was around 2013/2014 as gaming media began preaching at its audience while putting incompetent female authors in the spotlight. I forget her name, but there was one Kotaku writer in particular who was infamous for crappy hot-takes that earned a lot of scorn. The incompetency wasn't the issue. It was the circling of the wagons around the incompetent writers with the excuse that she was being "harassed". It created a very distinct us vs them situation between the arrogant gaming media and any opinion they didn't want to hear. Anita Sarkeesian threw gas on the flames. Other (unrelated) stories like the Kane & Lynch Gerstmann firing, controversies about MGS4 and Call of Duty "review vacations" and swag, Dorito Pope, etc etc all played their role in undermining any trust in the gaming media. Then GamerGate happened, which was very much a response to what had been happening, not a spark in and of itself and the media response solidified the us vs them narrative they wanted to build.
Exactly. Word for word.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
lol a really empathetic bunch over there

"H-how could my political opponents actually have feelings and talents and make valid contributions to the world?"

Edging dangerously close to dehumanizing others.

Wait, was R Kelly actually a rapist? I thought he just pissed on a 14-year-old.

Which, honestly? I kinda get it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I went to her website. Her revolution consisted of making 2 polls over the internet, one to fat people, another to victims of abuse. The results are not posted but she's advertising an executive report on the fat poll. According to her twitter, the data was released to the community as a one-time art installation.

The about page on that website... err... well, interesting.. for lack of a better word https://www.freefigure.org/about

As of Feb 28 she's asking for money on twitter.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
p6t89uf.png

I believe the word is "yikes"
Whenever those people get cornered in an argument(which happens often because their arguments are all pre-rendered dribble with no logic) they always default to insulting someone based on them being white. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I see it all the time on social media too. Someone grandstands about someone being racist when they're clearly not. Person fires back with logic and reason. OP has no counter so they just go "yeah, well, all this is coming from a white person so your opinion doesn't matter in this debate"

Nepenthe is a vile individual. And not really intelligent either. It's gonna be epic when RE finds out they've been pretending to be black all this time.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I went to her website. Her revolution consisted of making 2 polls over the internet, one to fat people, another to victims of abuse. The results are not posted but she's advertising an executive report on the fat poll. According to her twitter, the data was released to the community as a one-time art installation.

The about page on that website... err... well, interesting.. for lack of a better word https://www.freefigure.org/about

As of Feb 28 she's asking for money on twitter.

VCKJPLx.png

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
My troll account is still thriving, kind of surprised. I decided to stay out of that white people are racist thread because A it is dumb as shit, and B it's begging for account suicide if you speak common sense there. Even as a very liberal person that thread made my head hurt with how much stupid was getting hurled about.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
NoyamIB.jpg

will be interested if this is addressed at all. the entire OP is contradictory.
Using logic when discussing a messageboard where 'accusations are evidence'™ 😉 I believe Wesley Snipes once said 'some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill'
Dog asking the real questions.
cS3VgRw.jpg
Who's a good dog? Yes you are. Yes you are.
My troll account is still thriving, kind of surprised. I decided to stay out of that white people are racist thread because A it is dumb as shit, and B it's begging for account suicide if you speak common sense there. Even as a very liberal person that thread made my head hurt with how much stupid was getting hurled about.
Are you that Red Mercury wanker? If so get that mod spot and start tearing it down from the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom