• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
In what fucking world do we applaud blatant racism? I swear, every time I read anything from Nepenthe:

giphy.gif

JSoup

Banned
Honestly they're to blame for not using direct deposit. Who uses checks anymore. It's 2020

To be fair, we use direct deposit for everything but tax returns, simply because we've had a number of situation where the tax people contact us after the fact saying "sorry, you actually owe XXX dollars more, so we'll just take it from what we gave you". This normally involves said money being taken from our bank accounts and then the bank charging us for the transaction. Instead, we've opted for the pre-paid card the last handful of years, which is cashed out to Amazon cred or something the minute we get it.

Dynheart04

Neo Member
Wow. Stayed away from Era, and kept away from this thread for a good 2 or so months. I tried to go through all the BS and get caught up with all the reeeing, but it's just too damned much.

I will say one thing, though, for a web site that preaches selflessness, they sure as shit bend the rules to the nth degree. Selfish is more suited for the majority over there. I mean. children being all of the sudden expendable just for the sake of reeee? Yea, can't get behind that mindset at all.

Lastly, Nepenthe (never had any interaction with the person), epitomizes everything wrong with that site presently. Gotta force that racism when it's not even there. Turning something into tall, rocky mountains, from flat green pastures.

nush

Considering that a bunch of them are "starting a new pod somewhere else" it doesn't seem like he's so brave. Seems like Telegawker is doing some cuts and didn't think his work made him worthy of keeping.

He's gone? Well that was entirely predictable. Time to pull up that "Everything's fine" tweet he made not so long ago. Hopefully he'll slide off into irrelevance without a big name behind him and all the SJWs he wrote articles for will forget who he is.

Grinchy

Banned
I just can't get over how these people have spent years on the "accusations are evidence" bandwagon, their entire forum was created by deciding that a guy was guilty because of an accusation, but they give Joe Biden a pass.

After all the witch hunts, all the "de-platforming" and calls for guys to be fired just because a woman tweeted an accusation, suddenly they decide that the accused is innocent until proven guilty...

I just can't get over how these people have spent years on the "accusations are evidence" bandwagon, their entire forum was created by deciding that a guy was guilty because of an accusation, but they give Joe Biden a pass.

After all the witch hunts, all the "de-platforming" and calls for guys to be fired just because a woman tweeted an accusation, suddenly they decide that the accused is innocent until proven guilty...
They always had very flexible morals when they were here. Add inability to look in the mirror...

The are all white people racist thread for example. If the community believes it’s yes... then their community is racist by default since their site is is large majority white. Probably 95%+ white.

Or how they say no one wants to hear white people complain. Yet their site is basically whitepeoplecomplaining.com. This is why the people of color they desire to have in their numbers are absent.

So why are they ok with white community calling someone like Kanye West a Coon or House N!gger? Because white people are racist and they are an online community full of white people.

Jordan-Belfort-Pound-Chest-at-Restaurant-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They always had very flexible morals when they were here. Add inability to look in the mirror...

The are all white people racist thread for example. If the community believes it’s yes... then their community is racist by default since their site is is large majority white. Probably 95%+ white.

Or how they say no one wants to hear white people complain. Yet their site is basically whitepeoplecomplaining.com. This is why the people of color they desire to have in their numbers are absent.

So why are they ok with white community calling someone like Kanye West a Coon or House N!gger? Because white people are racist and they are an online community full of white people.

Jordan-Belfort-Pound-Chest-at-Restaurant-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

It's cause they're ugly.

TrainedRage

Banned

***Official Staff Communication

We are temporarily locking this thread to handle reports, but while we do that, we want to make a few things clear.

The US presidential election affects a very large number of people in a very large number of ways. People are concerned, anxious, and even scared. The current administration has inflicted untold damage and pain on the most vulnerable groups in the US and abroad over the last few years. It is understandable that many of our members feel the stakes are so high that they must do everything they can to convince others to vote in order to expel this administration.

However, none of this excuses or justifies shaming, belittling, or condescendingly speaking over one of the most vulnerable group of them all: victims of sexual assault. Most of them also know what is at stake. Most of them are well aware of the consequences of a Trump administration. But these people, across history, have been disregarded, disbelieved, humiliated, their pain and trauma brushed aside, their credibility picked apart and torn to shreds, over, and over. These people include members of Era and its staff, and it is something we should all be taking extremely seriously.

Describing how the two-party system works, the realities of the electoral college, the stakes of the election, without insinuations or attacks on other members, is not “vote shaming”, no. We will not necessarily moderate posts that only do that, as such. But it is important to acknowledge that such posts might also not be all that helpful, or productive. Most people know that either Trump or Biden will be president, and consider whether insisting on reminding them of that is helpful to the discussion or just alienating someone and possibly, even if unintentionally, handwaving their trauma. We therefore urge our members to treat this matter with the utmost sensitivity and respect. Saying “I am speaking generally, not to victims” is also not helpful, because victims are part of that general group and may read your posts, and feel abandoned. It does not mean you can’t try to convince others, or make your case for voting, but please, please, be considerate.

We have also seen unfortunate implications and accusations flying around regarding those who want to vote for Biden; that they support a rapist, that they don’t care about sexual assault victims, that they are partisan hacks, and so on. Just as non-voters might have very good reasons to abstain, Biden voters might also have very good reasons for their choice. Some of them are also sexual assault victims who are terrified of another Trump presidency. People are not a monolith. Such unsubstantiated accusations towards other members are not acceptable.

This is a difficult and complicated subject with multiple aspects of intersectionality being challenged on all fronts. But there will be many more uncomfortable and painful discussions going forward, until November and beyond. Please, let’s stop the in-fighting and support each other. We all need it.***

giphy.gif

Some genuine fire in the last few pages. These are some of the best examples of hypocrisy and cult behavior I've seen in the thread so far.

Will ERA finally crumble? Will GAF continue swelling with new REEEEEEturnees suffering from cognitive dissonance as their worldview crumbles? This season, on Ideological Subversion of a Videogame Forum....

Dick Jones

Gold Member
RtV4vB6.jpg

US election 2020 in a nutshell. Only ERA would be stupid enough to lead the charge with Biden when litterally anyone else would be morally better... except Jewish moderator Poodlestrike who preferred... (check notes)... Zombie Hitler.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

We are temporarily locking this thread to handle reports, but while we do that, we want to make a few things clear.

The US presidential election affects a very large number of people in a very large number of ways. People are concerned, anxious, and even scared. The current administration has inflicted untold damage and pain on the most vulnerable groups in the US and abroad over the last few years. It is understandable that many of our members feel the stakes are so high that they must do everything they can to convince others to vote in order to expel this administration.

However, none of this excuses or justifies shaming, belittling, or condescendingly speaking over one of the most vulnerable group of them all: victims of sexual assault. Most of them also know what is at stake. Most of them are well aware of the consequences of a Trump administration. But these people, across history, have been disregarded, disbelieved, humiliated, their pain and trauma brushed aside, their credibility picked apart and torn to shreds, over, and over. These people include members of Era and its staff, and it is something we should all be taking extremely seriously.

Describing how the two-party system works, the realities of the electoral college, the stakes of the election, without insinuations or attacks on other members, is not “vote shaming”, no. We will not necessarily moderate posts that only do that, as such. But it is important to acknowledge that such posts might also not be all that helpful, or productive. Most people know that either Trump or Biden will be president, and consider whether insisting on reminding them of that is helpful to the discussion or just alienating someone and possibly, even if unintentionally, handwaving their trauma. We therefore urge our members to treat this matter with the utmost sensitivity and respect. Saying “I am speaking generally, not to victims” is also not helpful, because victims are part of that general group and may read your posts, and feel abandoned. It does not mean you can’t try to convince others, or make your case for voting, but please, please, be considerate.

We have also seen unfortunate implications and accusations flying around regarding those who want to vote for Biden; that they support a rapist, that they don’t care about sexual assault victims, that they are partisan hacks, and so on. Just as non-voters might have very good reasons to abstain, Biden voters might also have very good reasons for their choice. Some of them are also sexual assault victims who are terrified of another Trump presidency. People are not a monolith. Such unsubstantiated accusations towards other members are not acceptable.

This is a difficult and complicated subject with multiple aspects of intersectionality being challenged on all fronts. But there will be many more uncomfortable and painful discussions going forward, until November and beyond. Please, let’s stop the in-fighting and support each other. We all need it.***

giphy.gif

They're fucking retarded.

And what fucks me the most is that they act as if they're doing anything else but jerking each other off. If they were donating their time helping people I could at least respect their efforts while disagreeing with them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

giphy.gif

That’s cult propaganda.

JordanN

Banned
hiaaUBa.png

Shitlibs are something else.

Before the pandemic, they were screaming at the top of their lungs that restricting people is racist.

Now that America is being hit hard by a virus, do they double down and refuse to let any Americans cross our border. It's fucking hilarious.

And what's even more funny, when this pandemic does die down, expect to see the same shitlibs adopt open borders again. They're fickle and spineless cretins.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Double post but here's another CCP dicksucker.
EE3yBzO.png

"See everyone! China is just like us! Now, stop complaining and let China take complete control of your manufacturing or we'll send another virus your way."

JordanN

Banned
Ladies and gentlemen, this is why America is fucked.

tTUx7eL.png

Imagine when 2 out of 3 of your resume is literally just virtue signalling.

If Republicans pulled this off, they would be called "Nazis" who don't care about merit. But with Democrats, all you need is race and gender*, and that's it! You get to be in the White House.

*Correction: Only if you're non-male and non-huwhite.

Last edited:

Dynheart04

Neo Member
Ladies and gentlemen, this is why America is fucked.

tTUx7eL.png

Imagine when 2 out of 3 of your resume is literally just virtue signalling.

If Republicans pulled this off, they would be called "Nazis" who don't care about merit. But with Democrats, all you need is race and gender*, and that's it! You get to be in the White House.

*Correction: Only if you're non-male and non-huwhite.

Yea, I have some friends who echo the same sentiment (they don't fully subscribe to the book of reeee, but the quote some of it). The discussions can be quite interesting. I pretty much tell them that I really do not care if you are man, woman, frog, or jar of pickles, if you can come up with a solid plan (not identity BS), and deliver? You have my vote.

Response?

Do you not care about Hong Kong?
Do not not care about the illegal aliens?
Do you not care for they, them, their, thou, that, thwat, thwit?

Sometimes I get a chuckle out it, which never really helps discussion along. But it's really hard to take some off the arguments seriously. Like, everyone being labeled a "Nazi," for example.

Side note:

It's not like I do not care about that stuff, buuuuuut.....I care about my family, me, and our well being first. The political landscape and the immediate impact are huge factors in who I do or do not vote for (identity politics are not considered). Once I know they are safe and secure, then I can worry about morality. Selfish? Maybe. Probably. Do I care? I used to, but not anymore. Being 41 years old, and being around my fair share of Presidents, I'm at a point where I just do not care about morality with politicians. Those two just do not go together. All I care about is can the person do the job, or show that they can before they can get into office (following through after is a different can of worms entirely). If it ends up being a woman, then fine, she gets my vote. But I sure as shit not gonna vote because she is a woman. Nor will I vote for a jar of pickles for the sake of inclusion.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
hiaaUBa.png

Shitlibs are something else.

Before the pandemic, they were screaming at the top of their lungs that restricting people is racist.

Now that America is being hit hard by a virus, do they double down and refuse to let any Americans cross our border. It's fucking hilarious.

And what's even more funny, when this pandemic does die down, expect to see the same shitlibs adopt open borders again. They're fickle and spineless cretins.
the US state of Florida has more black people than the entire country of Canada. they love their ultra white safe space.

UncleMeat

Classic fake sincerity ban bait from Red Mercury. Never change, bro.

Mh75nwC.jpg

Last edited:

Ymir

Mh75nwC.jpg
I'd love to see what % of his posts have "care to elaborate" in them. It's gotta be at least 50% of his posts are just ban baiting people.

pulga

Banned

Mh75nwC.jpg

He's genuinely a big reason why ERA is such a shithole. Just non-stop ban baiting.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
oh yeah well that guy, one of those "the media has done the hard work" CNN fellating shills. dude kept talking "inconsistencies" so much you would think he was on their payroll.

a well deserved ban imo but surprising it took so long. just demonstrates that at Era, mainstream media fealty > actual prinicples.

they are going to have a really hard next 7 months.

Last edited:
eUf0NuP.png

So according to Era moderation, wishing death on roughly 73.5 million people (amount of voting Americans that identify as conservative) is totally okay! That's nearly double World War 1 deaths.

As a former conservative, you're totally cool with this, Hecht?

Last edited:

crumbs

eUf0NuP.png

So according to Era moderation, wishing death on roughly 73.5 million people (amount of voting Americans that identify as conservative) is totally okay! That's nearly double World War 1 deaths.

As a former conservative, you're totally cool with this, Hecht?

White Person: Sure wish I still had an income, hopefully I can go back to work soon.

maxxpower: You just want to 'shoot up' minorities!!!

White Person: Wut?

nush

He's genuinely a big reason why ERA is such a shithole. Just non-stop ban baiting.

It's dissapointing to see that they are not modded for that blatant ban baiting, but look at it this way. They are proactively helping kill off Resetera from the inside. Just look at the freefall in thier activity and website ranking since the start of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom