• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The left having their own fake news movement.

Wait, they're saying that the left-leaning media didn't do enough to make the protesters look good? They almost literally said "EVERYTHING'S FINE" while cities burned in the background. Don Lemon outed himself as being profoundly retarded. An honest to God mentally disabled person with a news show! How progressive is that!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
We must do everything to help our black brothers! No matter the cost! ACAB! - Ree screams for years

Protests break out across America against racism in the police.

All of a sudden they can't be doing that because they all seem to have family members at high risk of dying from covid-19 or have auto immune issues themselves.

Tossers.

tXP80q9.jpg

Tilt your head to the side. ERA have a secret sign of support to BLM.

XWAruYq.jpg

Red Mercury, excellent play. Don't actually state that you did but infer it for plausible deniability. Extra points for shaming parents who care about their children. Keep up the good work sir.

Watching Resetera eat itself and decline over the past couple of years gives me hope for the incoming woke takeover of Western society. Remember the promises of a "better way" when the split happened? Remember all the verified devs and journos who jumped on the bandwagon? Promises get broken and the left never delivers.

Once they get any power, the permabans will come for minor infractions, the half-believers will be pushed away and eventually expelled, the people who demonstrate “free thought” will be banished and it will all collapse in on itself. Alexa rank is the new pew poll.

Who knew a video game forum split would be so prophetic.

The right side of history, my friends.

c78.gif

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Haha of course they dont go to the protests. They dont care about issues, they just want to bitch about them online. Pussies.
I'd say if that rag tag group of chucklefucks turned up BLM would disband or its members would be banned from the group after inflitaratration for a misjudged tweet in 2009. In a few years they will have B-Dubs as GM of BLM, ultimate irony.

Some gems

Hobbes the martyr

HONKS FOR JUSTICE

The flu is scary!

I'm a foreigner, and clearly there hasn't been any protests in other countries...

TaySan also too scared as usually to actually do something to stand up for injustice. Disappointed in everyone else but not himself who sits on the sideline again

At least one person is honest about how big of a coward they are

Mods had pneumonia once so clearly they're the "high risk" group of coronavirus victims....

I'm okay with the hyprocricy of our boy TaySan TaySan . Maybe he realised the seriousness of the virus since making that cruise comment. Protecting your family is #1 so don't shit on him for that. Hope your father plus through TayTay.

Poodlestrike would have loved to march with the rest of them, but he is busy campaigning for his boy, Zombie Hitler.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Tilt your head to the side. ERA have a secret sign of support to BLM.

Red Mercury, excellent play. Don't actually state that you did but infer it for plausible deniability. Extra points for shaming parents who care about their children. Keep up the good work sir.

Magnficent troll account - I mean by their logic, that's protest shaming surely? There have been photos of single guys in empty fields with a sign. Not really sure there's an excuse tbh.

The riots have hit a point now where everyone is expecting the wave of support and likes that go with social media. But there's a void when you are actually on the streets and there isn't an instant gratification. So you've seen escalation and escalation with no vindication - and the only feedback loop that has been established is 'go bigger' - which is what is happening in real terms. Just a frenzy.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this is very funny but not surprising at all for these big talk cowards

dvzizyT.png

protip: you can add "No, but i plan on it" to the "No" totals because it is still people that did not go to any protests

82.5% did not go to any protests!

amazing lol and yet the George Floyd thread is 450 pages long. it stands as a testament to how empty their platitudes are.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
come on now, Twitter activism is just as good as getting in the streets and putting your actual life on the line

maybe they think everytime they write the words "fuck cops" a policeman somewhere mysteriously dies

or maybe they secretly actually want to have sex with police.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
this is very funny but not surprising at all for these big talk cowards

dvzizyT.png

protip: you can add "No, but i plan on it" to the "No" totals because it is still people that did not go to any protests

82.5% did not go to any protests!

amazing lol and yet the George Floyd thread is 450 pages long. it stands as a testament to how empty their platitudes are.
I don't really understand the hate here? Between Covid-19 and the very obvious dangers of attending these protests can you really blame them for not attending?

It's would be questionable at best to attend one of these protests at this point given the violence we have seen from police and looters. I don't blame people at all for not going out to these events.

I don't really understand the hate here? Between Covid-19 and the very obvious dangers of attending these protests can you really blame them for not attending?

It's would be questionable at best to attend one of these protests at this point given the violence we have seen from police and looters. I don't blame people at all for not going out to these events.
Looks like someone didn't attend any protests. 🤫

#Phonepunk#

Banned
hate? lol no hate from me. im merely pointing out that they have a 450 page thread about protests and yet 83% of them don't actually go to them. they are all talk and no action. i called them cowards. that's not hate, that's just describing their lack of action in the face of so many words.

as far as "the obvious dangers" that's a bullshit pull since they are arguing that it doesn't matter, since black people face danger every day. i'm just holding them up to their own standards. how is that "hate"? LOL

i mean get a load of this grandstanding.

U0KT5Cp.png

91tPOdf.png

RedMercury admits he doesn't go to protests and is STILL berating others for... also not going to the protests.

like how are you not seeing how hilarious this all is?

Last edited:

nush

0mw1I8e.gif

Nobody_Important

hate? lol no hate from me. im merely pointing out that they have a 450 page thread about protests and yet 83% of them don't actually go to them. they are all talk and no action. i called them cowards. that's not hate, that's just describing their lack of action in the face of so many words.

as far as "the obvious dangers" that's a bullshit pull since they are arguing that it doesn't matter, since black people face danger every day. i'm just holding them up to their own standards. how is that "hate"? LOL

i mean get a load of this grandstanding.

U0KT5Cp.png

91tPOdf.png

RedMercury admits he doesn't go to protests and is STILL berating others for... also not going to the protests.

like how are you not seeing how hilarious this all is?
Well the Red Mercury guy is obviously an idiot and a hypocrite for doing that, but does someone need to actually attend a gathering or protest in order to credibly support it in your opinion?

Because I don't think they do. There are several ways to support a cause or a movement. You don't need to be there in person in order to believe in it or push it along.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Well the Red Mercury guy is obviously an idiot and a hypocrite for doing that, but does someone need to actually attend a gathering or protest in order to credibly support it in your opinion?

Of course. Sitting on your ass at home spamming twitter is useless and pathetic. If you stand for something, the very least you can do is attend a protest. Or you should just shut up.

nush

Of course. Sitting on your ass at home spamming twitter is useless and pathetic. If you stand for something, the very least you can do is attend a protest. Or you should just shut up.

Are you STUPID?? Revoultions are dangerous, best to let other people take the risk and "Support" them over social media so you're there at the end to ride the shirt-tails of the risks they took to make a difference. Amplifying black voices over Twitter IS protesting! /s

Nobody_Important

So just so I am understanding you correctly in your opinion if you support a charitable cause or a protest then you have to personally participate in it in order for you to be able to recommend it to others or encourage others to join it?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
N_I you are taking this off topic. this is about Era not whether or not or how you should protest. the topic of this thread is Era.

personally i have many different opinions on protests, and personally know people that physically go. i have a cancerous blood disease that puts me at high risk so im not going. i also have family in the military and law enforcement. my thoughts on the matter are pretty complex.

i could go into it more but this is not the place. if you want to talk protests we have our own threads on that.

this thread is about Era. and them being massive screaming hypocrites.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

N_I you are taking this off topic. this is about Era not whether or not or how you should protest. the topic of this thread is Era.

personally i have many different opinions on protests, and personally know people that physically go. i have a cancerous blood disease that puts me at high risk so im not going.

i could go into it more but this is not the place. if you want to talk protests we have our own threads on that.

this thread is about Era. and them being massive screaming hypocrites.
No I am exactly on topic. I'm trying to figure out where people draw the line when it comes to this. Because the person made it sound like if you don't personally attend a protest or a cause like this then you have no business talking about it or encouraging others to join it. And that to me is a ridiculous stance to take.

There are plenty of examples of causes that you can and should encourage people to join even if you haven't personally participated in or joined in person.

Last edited:

eot

Banned

The point is how they act like their lives revolve around these issues, how important these protests are, it's the revolution bla bla and most of them would watch the revolution on TV if it happened.

Yes I'm actually glad they're not out there starting even more shit, but that's not who they pretend to be.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Because I don't think they do. There are several ways to support a cause or a movement. You don't need to be there in person in order to believe in it or push it along.
It's not that we are shitting on people for protesting, not protesting but helping in other ways or not protesting. It's how it comes full circle that the biggest mouths giving out about those not protesting are also not protesting. Others who usually are very militant in their views are, to use a military phrase, AWOL as they would have to lie tabout protesting that the lie would unravel. I've yet to hear the police being attacked by small feral animals so we all know Nepenthe has not protested at all. As you said they are hypocrites, and we are calling it out.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
So just so I am understanding you correctly in your opinion if you support a charitable cause or a protest then you have to personally participate in it in order for you to be able to recommend it to others or encourage others to join it?

Yep. Tweeting is too easy, you can do it on the fucking toilet.

Nobody_Important

The point is how they act like their lives revolve around these issues, how important these protests are, it's the revolution bla bla and most of them would watch the revolution on TV if it happened.

Yes I'm actually glad they're not out there starting even more shit, but that's not who they pretend to be.
But you can believe the protests are important and support them without attending them?

Since when has it been obligatory to personally attend a protest in order to support it?

nush

I’ve become enamoured with Red Mercury’s posts, they’re like, art man.
He's the most artful troll on Ree, better yet he's so damn good at it and it must have involved unseen behind the scenes social engineering to get protected status as well. The "My daughter wants to be a furry, hey Nepeth give me some advice" was pure *Chefs kiss*.

Nobody_Important

Yep. Tweeting is too easy, you can do it on the fucking toilet.
I could not possibly disagree more with that line of thinking. You can absolutely support and encourage a worthy cause without ever leaving your house.

If that wasn't the case then 99% of charities in the world would be fucked.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
But you can believe the protests are important and support them without attending them?

Since when has it been obligatory to personally attend a protest in order to support it?
It's not, but all these comments being posted here are in the context of discussing that specific forum. These are people who constantly criticise others for not doing enough, always telling people what to do - the fact that they're at home instead of joining up with people actually standing up for their cause is so telling. It's revealing their true character. If you're going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
has anyone said otherwise? i ever said they "don't support the cause". has anyone here actually said this?

no. it seems like you are just creating strawmen out of desperation to prove us wrong on some issue nobody is actually arguing.

i put you on ignore. i always gave you credit but now im seeing how annoying you can be. you are just fabricating bad faith arguments to distract from the topic of the thread. good luck defending these hypocrites lol

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Can I be a member of a charity these days with just tweeting?
Be a member? None that I know of. But you can absolutely encourage others to donate and join such charities.

For example I have made monthly donations to St. Judes Children's Hospital for about 5 years now and I regularly encourage others in real life and on social media to do the same. Yet in all that time I have never stepped foot in a St. Judes facility or attended one of their gatherings.

Would you say that I have not properly supported their cause as a result?

Daffy Duck

He's the most artful troll on Ree, better yet he's so damn good at it and it must have involved unseen behind the scenes social engineering to get protected status as well. The "My daughter wants to be a furry, hey Nepeth give me some advice" was pure *Chefs kiss*.

link? I haven’t seen that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom