• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the OP of that thread:

“One of them listens to Candace Owens
I'm going to tell their dad”

This is some ISIS type form if radicalism. Jeesus...the way they talk about tlthese people as if they were some sort of ideological terrorists...

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
bKhLVMa.png

JFC. The fragility on display here. Jail all the MAGA's! Jail all the people we don't like! Jail all the people who we falsely think are racist! From the "Racist MAGA Covington kid..." thread.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

Thank you so much CDPR. I’ll be buying the special edition now since you’ve managed to rile up all the pedos and dick choppers on retard era 😂

edit: I love the “being apolitical is a political statementttttt😭” crowd in there. Guess how many of these vermin have liberal arts degrees but no jobs.

They need to push that view because otherwise they can't try to cancel people who say "I don't care either way".

They aren't just saying "being apolitical is political" they are trying to get to "being apolitical is a BAD political view".

In entertainment media its a bit pointless as it is well known that many creators simply do not like allegory.

The other issue is that the "political" message in games is actual just the audiences own interpretation. These interpretations can be contradictory too so it's more like a game can be apolitical in itself but can give rise to many competing political interpretations.

Super Mario Bros 2 is a dream. Super Mario Bro3 3 is a stage play. So even in a game so simple you could easily come up with a ton of political interpretations.

What these ResetEra clowns are basically objecting to is the idea of the "ignorant gamer" who just wants to play a game. Maybe they see the game as a kind of toy or stress reliever.

They set themselves above such low "entertainment" as every game needs to be picked apart and examined for "problematic" elements so that the mob can be riled up.

They see Cyberpunk being touted as "not political" and are getting upset because this will have the effect of defending the game from their inevitable bullshit on release day.

They want to be the ones to decide if a game gets the green light or if its problematic.

Even something as tame as Paper Mario gets the treatment.

"Videogames are saturated with decades of colonial, masculine, military violence and foster a dominant culture of design through its standards. Despite the charm and fun that is in Origami King, it can’t imagine game design outside of the realm that corporate game development has engendered.
Unfortunately, this means there are implicit harmful politics within the game because it upholds these values."

Some people just CAN'T allow themselves to publicly admit to having fun. Maybe that's a big part of white guilt or something? Like they just can be see to be anything other than staunch deep thinkers ready to point out all the problematic things they see.

I wonder if they are so afraid of each other already they they kind of need to be very very cautious about enjoying some content incase they have to embarrassingly climb down when a peer points out how disgustingly transphobic or colonial or whatever the thing is.

I dunno. I'm imagining like a young kid who discovers a new song over the weekend and confidently swaggers into school playing it on their Walkman only for the much cooler kids to immediately shame them for liking such awful trash. Then it's like "haha you guys I was just kidding".

Astral Dog

the funniest thing is if everything is political, and they already know what the political message of cyberpunk is “supposed” to be, why do they need another major corporation repeating it to them 😂

this is basically the retard-left wanting corps to pander to their degenerate asses
Yep, its confusing why this is such a big controversy in the first place, hilarious when Cyberpunk already has plenty of progressive themes but for one tiny detail cdprojekt got 'wrong' and them DARING to refuse to apologize and change it inmediatly,not seeing the huge problem it really is, they are getting hundreds of hateful messages and dismissed as the worst scum of the earth, now apparently they are so dumb they can't understand their own game.

And thats the thing, seeing every piece of media through the same lens can't be healthy

Astral Dog

My wife when we were dating introduced me to Harry Potter. I had never seen a single movie and we binged watch every one and that weekend was the release of the chapter 2 finale. My dumb ass watched all these movies thinking it was about a boy in a terrible home who just so happened to be the chosen one who made friends at whimsical school for wizards who may or may not have had some hidden secrets and mysterious teachers with possibly ulterior motives all the while a evil wizard with no nose was jealous and envious of Potter and eventually threatened the whole school in an attempt to murder him and failed miserably and then Harry and his friends lived happily ever after.

whoops.
Yeah Harry potter is filled with anti racist/bigotry messages,its very funny and weird how they turned on it too i wonder whats next 🤭 lotr? Batman? Too soon for Star Wars, maybe Marvel/Square Enix they already dislike those Avengers

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned

3EZ9QFv.png

Wasn't Metalingus a Gaffer? Had no idea the guy was that extreme.
Telling Kanye to kill himself just to save ol' Biden.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

3EZ9QFv.png

Wasn't Metalingus a Gaffer? Had no idea the guy was that extreme.
Telling Kanye to kill himself just to save ol' Biden.

No matches on his username here.

mortal

Banned
bKhLVMa.png

JFC. The fragility on display here. Jail all the MAGA's! Jail all the people we don't like! Jail all the people who we falsely think are racist! From the "Racist MAGA Covington kid..." thread.
This is 100% the type of sociopathic motherfucker who would've gladly participated in rounding people up for the gulags.

Imagine saying that a kid who literally did nothing wrong "should rot in jail"

#Phonepunk#

Banned
hahahah so this lady in a propoganda photo they tried to make into a thing:

fliaZHn.png

oooh so scary! why are you grabbing this helpless woman? then we get new info:

sfDPxub.png

one of the first responses is, of course, just straight up shaming the person for stating this

f49PfpC.png

so whenever you see this annoying picture just content yourself with the fact she is facing charges for being an idiot.

Ymir

hahahah so this lady in a propoganda photo they tried to make into a thing:

fliaZHn.png

oooh so scary! why are you grabbing this helpless woman? then we get new info:

sfDPxub.png

one of the first responses is, of course, just straight up shaming the person for stating this

f49PfpC.png

so whenever you see this annoying picture just content yourself with the fact she is facing charges for being an idiot.
Still amazing how angry they get over other people's propaganda but then willfully fall hook line and sinker with these photos that have no context so they make their own or completely misrepresent what happened.

trikster40

Wow, got permabanmed for going against the fascist narrative over there. Someone started a thread with a picture of a woman being arrested by a federal agent. The thread of course was all “fascists, illegal”. I posted a video of the arrest showing she was on the other side of the barrier, trespassing on federal property. I, of course, got called a fascist and perms-banned. Talk about fascist and liars.

FAE2-E654-3288-47-E9-B8-F4-326-BB2-E7-DFC7.png

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Wow, got permabanmed for going against the fascist narrative over there. Someone started a thread with a picture of a woman being arrested by a federal agent. The thread of course was all “fascists, illegal”. I posted a video of the arrest showing she was on the other side of the barrier, trespassing on federal property. I, of course, got called a fascist and perms-banned. Talk about fascist and liars.

We all saw that coming. Welcome back

Mohonky

They need to push that view because otherwise they can't try to cancel people who say "I don't care either way".

They aren't just saying "being apolitical is political" they are trying to get to "being apolitical is a BAD political view".

In entertainment media its a bit pointless as it is well known that many creators simply do not like allegory.

The other issue is that the "political" message in games is actual just the audiences own interpretation. These interpretations can be contradictory too so it's more like a game can be apolitical in itself but can give rise to many competing political interpretations.

Super Mario Bros 2 is a dream. Super Mario Bro3 3 is a stage play. So even in a game so simple you could easily come up with a ton of political interpretations.

What these ResetEra clowns are basically objecting to is the idea of the "ignorant gamer" who just wants to play a game. Maybe they see the game as a kind of toy or stress reliever.

They set themselves above such low "entertainment" as every game needs to be picked apart and examined for "problematic" elements so that the mob can be riled up.

They see Cyberpunk being touted as "not political" and are getting upset because this will have the effect of defending the game from their inevitable bullshit on release day.

They want to be the ones to decide if a game gets the green light or if its problematic.

Even something as tame as Paper Mario gets the treatment.

What the fuck did I just read? It started out as a game review and ended on a thesis of white surpremacy and misogyny.......I cant even begin to get my head around it.

Speaking of things I cant get my head around......

z3ClqpJ.jpg

When pointing out someone gets shot after shooting at the person that shot them....VICTIM BLAMING.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member

Welcome back dude, that is probably the pettiest ban I have ever seen on Era, you simply pointed out that she was breaking into federal property... congrats I guess?

And so one by one, original members make their way back

#Phonepunk#

Banned
haha holy shit "maybe he was shooting at the moving car to protect protesters from getting hit by the car"

i can't believe these people are typing this shit

JBzgazA.png

#Phonepunk#

Banned
HE DIED "PROVIDING SECURITY TO THESE PROTESTERS" HAHAHAH HOOOOOLY SHIT

HE DIED PROVIDING SECURITY

SOMEHOW HE PROTECTED PROTESTERS JUST IGNORE THIS ONE DEATH

EVEN THOUGH IT MADE HIM, A PROTESTER, LITERALLY DIE, HE WAS MAKING THINGS SAFE

BY SHOOTING AT PEOPLE

I CANT EVEN HOW ARE YOU TYPING THIS SHIT????

DEATH CULT

Last edited:

Ymir

HE DIED "PROVIDING SECURITY TO THESE PROTESTERS" HAHAHAH HOOOOOLY SHIT

HE DIED PROVIDING SECURITY

SOMEHOW HE PROTECTED PROTESTERS JUST IGNORE THIS ONE DEATH

EVEN THOUGH IT MADE HIM, A PROTESTER, LITERALLY DIE, HE WAS MAKING THINGS SAFE

BY SHOOTING AT PEOPLE

I CANT EVEN HOW ARE YOU TYPING THIS SHIT????

DEATH CULT
Watch that gets parroted for the rest of the thread now that he was providing security. They literally make up narratives after saying they don't know what happened and everyone just follows it like truth.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so this guy started a thread trying to cancel someone for being in ComicsGate, even though they aren't and don't know what it is. the man behind the Twitter post this whole thing is based on actually posted a retraction that he was incorrect.

doesn't matter! no stopping the outrage train now. blood is in the water. so they demanded "a response" and a response was given. now the response is the problem. despite the original reason for the thread being not true at all.

the man denying he is in the group they say he is "is questionable as hell". i guess once you have fabricated a reality it is hard to accept when someone tells you that it is bullshit.

qkDNScz.png

it doesn't matter. they are still mad at this guy. for something he isn't doing. for being a member of a group he isn't a member of! they keep saying he is a member and a supporter, despite the man himself saying he is not. got to keep that hate train going.

grlteFv.png

incredible how you can attack someone for having "hideous beliefs" without stating what those are in any way.

Last edited:

trikster40

Surprise surprise they are now calling that poster a fascist lol

the dude even posted video evidence of her crime lol

feelings don’t care about facts. and yeah how fucking weird is it to demand people have specific emotions

Yeah, they got mad that I linked a tweet from Andy Ngo because right-wing people are all liars. The video actually came from a left-wing journalist lol. The snake eats its own tail.

Bartski

Gold Member
Is NeoGAF the Lord Voldemort of resetERA? aka "The other place" smh
Is there an official "forbidden words" list somewhere?

Ryuji Goda

Now there's a word soup you don't see every day.

FunkMiller

Can somebody please explain all the Phil Spencer dick suckage over at Era? Have popped over there a few times since the showcase, and there’s this weird adulation going on over there for him. Goes past just Xbox support, into something a bit... weird and creepy.

Daffy Duck

What the duck?

Is NeoGAF the Lord Voldemort of resetERA? aka "The other place" smh
Is there an official "forbidden words" list somewhere?

Yes and threads about this forum is locked within minutes because of ”off-site drama”.

Not entirely sure what “off-site drama” entails or anything but hey.

"Yeah, a lot of folks just aren’t shit at times. Something a lot of folks on era could learn is to just know when to shut the fuck up. You don’t ALWAYS need to push your nonsense about every damn thing on every single topic".

Actual comment. I can't even... How far do you have to be removed from reality to come up with this?

Last edited:

Ymir

What the duck?
At least my boy Matthew is offended at the thought.

Dynheart04

Neo Member

What the duck?

Yeaaa, I think they need to look inward for that answer. I witnessed that website chase so many insiders away because of wrong think. I think ERA's reputation precedes them at this point....Stay the fuck away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom