• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anal Wake

Unconfirmed Member
It’s just sad that Era is still more popular than GAF, while being an utter shitshow.

EviLore EviLore great to hear that. I was a lurker for a decade and from what I see, the forums are just regaining strength after all the crazies left.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It’s just sad that Era is still more popular than GAF, while being an utter shitshow.

EviLore EviLore great to hear that. I was a lurker for a decade and from what I see, the forums are just regaining strength after all the crazies left.

Network effects at play to a major extent. People go where the traffic already is. We had almost zero activity for a while after the big drama happened, and a lot of that activity was graveyard trolling, not to mention all the journalists pushing Reset and declaring GAF dead. Now that we're busy again, you'll see that activity compound on itself as word of mouth spreads.

Recent charts here:

Nester99

vNPcaww.png

i can't stop laughing at this. when you describe your own birth with the same language you would use to describe someone taking a shit

I did not slide, I was PUSHED!

Network effects at play to a major extent. People go where the traffic already is. We had almost zero activity for a while after the big drama happened, and a lot of that activity was graveyard trolling, not to mention all the journalists pushing Reset and declaring GAF dead. Now that we're busy again, you'll see that activity compound on itself as word of mouth spreads.

Recent charts here:

Yeah. What a turn around. Things move fast now. Conversations are fun again. No complaints here.

lmimmfn

Obviously a thread entitled "Attractive female characters in gaming" would never be allowed.
However ive figured how its possible, stick some lipstick on the male characters and viola!!!!!!

Drake with hot red lips, fap city

Theres also a distinct lack of rainbow avatars in posts in that man love thread, disgraceful!!!!

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

They‘re all missing the fucking point that the movie is rated TV-MA and isn’t obviously directed at an acceptable audience of 8-13 year olds.

If it was some Disney channel dancing movie for kids then whatever. That’s not what this is!

JSoup

Banned
So I watched the trailer.
Seems at first blush like the say old coming of age story. You know the drill, kids life is sheltered and/or sucks, discovers something new, finds new friends and passions, activate program jackblack-you-dont-understand-the-young-people.exe, "growing is up is hard", finds way back to passion and friends, parents come around, the prophecy is complete.

Then I remembered this is about scantly clad 14 year olds shaking it and, even accounting for difference in todays youth, that's not a great thing. Kinda have to hand it to the editor for taking the subject matter and making it look like every other coming of age story movie.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So I watched the trailer.
Seems at first blush like the say old coming of age story. You know the drill, kids life is sheltered and/or sucks, discovers something new, finds new friends and passions, activate program jackblack-you-dont-understand-the-young-people.exe, "growing is up is hard", finds way back to passion and friends, parents come around, the prophecy is complete.

Then I remembered this is about scantly clad 14 year olds shaking it and, even accounting for difference in todays youth, that's not a great thing. Kinda have to hand it to the editor for taking the subject matter and making it look like every other coming of age story movie.

you really have to ask who it is for with a TV-MA rating...

i haven't seen the trailer yet, don't really know if i need to.

Intoxicate

Obviously a thread entitled "Attractive female characters in gaming" would never be allowed.
However ive figured how its possible, stick some lipstick on the male characters and viola!!!!!!

I opened that thread and got banned for 6 weeks for sexist trolling ;)

Misc

i wonder if eventually the woke death cult will start tearing down abortion? this is almost the first step

also

vNPcaww.png

:pie_thinking:
Babby’s first existential crisis

recma12

c9upetO.png

Hecht not a fan of the difference in treatment apparently.

Imagine having this little going on in your life that you voluntarily take abuse from some free-loading idiots who think they are your boss.

Wow.
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Hecht and Nepenthe.
Wouldn't blame them if they threw in the towel.
Please throw in the towel.
You're never going to make these people happy.

Best part: Nepenthe apologizing to these bums for working longer hours today and being unable to read the garbage complaints of these fools.

cormack12

Gold Member
What’s a good way to troll that forum that’s subtle and wouldn’t result in banning

1. Find popular content that's still in the mainstream and easily streamable (free) and start a topic like 'We need to talk about racism and anti-LGBT in Modern Family'. Then highlight 3-5 points about problematic jokes like
Japanese businessmen liking Haleys outfit
Cameron trying to act straight
Vietnames and Asian jokes about Lily
Stereotypes about gays and colombians (Gloria, cartels, illegal money, drugs, shooting etc)
Then proclaim - HOW DID THIS EVEN AIR, CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!

2. Find old, acclaimed content that no-one thinks is problematic, highlight a problematic scene and how we must learn from it
Temple of Doom and monkey brains and the little Chinese kid with his Hollywood lines.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm glad someone there finally said it. If you're a white dude, ERA isn't really for you. That's not an intrinsically bad thing but I wouldn't feel comfortable being at a never ending meeting conducted by the NAACP for instance. It just says to me that ERA isn't really meant for people like me.

QR2seNi.png

Last edited:

nush

I'm glad someone there finally said it. If you're a white dude, ERA isn't really for you. That's not an intrinsically bad thing but I wouldn't feel comfortable being at a never ending meeting conducted by the NAACP for instance. It just says to me that ERA isn't really meant for people like me.

QR2seNi.png

If they branded as LBQT and minority gamers forum people would know what to expect and avoid it.

If your a non political cis white male, you only exists there so they can use your demographic as a punching bag to feel better about themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom