• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

Certain men can lactate, just not common.

Was going to post a link but after getting one eyeball drunk already thanks to Cunth Cunth I nearly burned my sober one alive.

lmimmfn

nush nush , did you go back and report all these posters? :D
What a shithole, breastmilk cannot be discussed even if its as natural as breathing
"Inappropriate use of a GIF within the context of a thread sexualizing breast milk and creating an unwelcome atmosphere for women."
Breastmilk topic ->gif, "creating an unwelcome atmosphere for women, cmon."->ban

I honestly dont know any woman/mother who would get offended by breastmilk jokes, ffs.

Most of those male tossers probably want to produce milk and cant so they ban everyone else.

Learn to read comrade. I said half of under 25's don't know the nazis were German. Mate just look at the state of Germany, it is going full circle back into the early 30-40's.
Dumbest thing I've read on this forum for a long time. I don't know where u claim to get your information from but u might wanna look elsewhere. I live in Germany and not a single thing u said in your comments is eben remotely true. At all. Please stop. You clearly don't know shit about Germany.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
"Inappropriate use of a GIF within the context of a thread sexualizing breast milk and creating an unwelcome atmosphere for women."

Modmdp7.gif

UnNamed

Banned
When they say women they mean men who identify themselves as she/it/pan/furry/albatross/barrows.

They are literally scared of any part of a biological woman. Or they are trying to replace them, so it's the reason why they hate them.

zapiks44

I think it's sad that these communities are forced to retreat into discord because that forum is no longer fit for any kind of normal, healthy discussion.

I can't feel sorry for them because they brought it on themselves with their obsession with being the "wokest, most progressive" internet video game forum. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it.

If anything, this shows the flaws with such thinking.

FUBARx89

Do we reckon Nepenthe is part of r/blackpeopletwitter?

Also, I'm not well versed in all the old stuff since I came long after the split. But what's the deal with Hetcht?

Obviously I've seen the alcoholic ex soldier thing thrown around and calling him an arsehole, but what's he actually done?

Last edited:
Updated Oppression ladder for Ree......Paedophiles slides back into 6th space with the release of a certain french netflix show has now bought them out from under the rock for their first time in the sun since somebody found out they have a secret pedo discord

They will need a summit to progress any further and will be pressing hard for paedophilia to be recognised as a sexual identity along with the other thousands that are being created by the minute
zifsm04.png

Mochilador

Updated Oppression ladder for Ree......Paedophiles slides back into 6th space with the release of a certain french netflix show has now bought them out from under the rock for their first time in the sun since somebody found out they have a secret pedo discord

They will need a summit to progress any further and will be pressing hard for paedophilia to be recognised as a sexual identity along with the other thousands that are being created by the minute
zifsm04.png
Stinkles :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nepenthe is one of the most racist people I've ever seen on the Internet. I'm fucking amazed at the shit she spouts, deep recesses of 4Chan worthy.

ERA is not a gaming forum, the blind members that keep the gaming side trickling over are waking up to that fact. I was one of those blind members, I should thank ERA mods such as Nepenthe for my awakening and perma ban.

Meanwhile poor SLAENT that ERA steered people away from has the laid back approach ERA admin/mods should have become. GAF 2.0 has it, thank fuck.

Last edited:
looks like a bunch of bans happened here. it's a graveyard LOL

The name of the mod that closed this thread brings back memories. Back in the day on GAF she mentioned her boyfriend was cool with her cuddling with her male friends. I thought it was complete bullshit at the time but hey, it's totally believable today.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Idk, its a difficult situation and they have a right to raise concerns, but people that say things like that, be women or men also rarely try to offer solutions, usually get in 'i don' t want those sick men dressed as women in our barthrooms' arguments wich ARE pretty transphobic :(

Like, for a real trans person i imagine it must be very difficult when their gender identity is rejected that way by others when using a bathroom,its not really their fault society enforces some roles based off the outside body wich many people don't understand

Wig and purse trans don't belong in a women's bathroom. Only when they commit and start taking hormones or are post op should they be allowed.

IMHO.

nush

Wig and purse trans don't belong in a women's bathroom. Only when they commit and start taking hormones or are post op should they be allowed.

IMHO.

Cross dressers are not trans. Agreed.

Line them all up and offer free on the spot bottom surgery, see how many of them will be like "Well, hold on, just a minitue, I'm not quite ready, it's a feminine penis and I'm a lesbian".

None of the bullshit ever seems to come from F to M trans.

Astral Dog

IMHO.
well... maybe that could help , sounds plausible/reasonable to me, just that a part of the Trans community still don't even have access to medication or proper treatment for X reasons, i don't believe its simply lack of 'commitment' for some people.

But you know what thats OK, if there were really no problems post transitioning or into, i was just thinking globally how bad their situation is in some countries but i don't have enough information to discuss, first world countries need to lead lets hope it gets better without harming others i just need to point some of the arguments that casually come off are straight transphobia and not very helpful. Some people just DONT WANT trans people close and say bullshit to cover their fears

Last edit :D

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I'm glad someone there finally said it. If you're a white dude, ERA isn't really for you. That's not an intrinsically bad thing but I wouldn't feel comfortable being at a never ending meeting conducted by the NAACP for instance. It just says to me that ERA isn't really meant for people like me.

QR2seNi.png

What a fun place to get together and shoot shit about video games. No wonder such a large portion of their threads are literal suicidal pleas for help.

There's nothing wrong with the golden rule of, "treat everyone the way you would like to be treated." Life really is that simple. Anyone who is an outright asshole to someone because of their race, gender, or sexual preference alone is a dickweed. Minority voices often go unheard within nerd communities because they're exactly that, minority voices - meaning: less common. Era wants to serve as a community where those unspoken individuals can stand proudly on a shared pedestal and voice their opinions with a megaphone. That's fine and dandy, in fact - I actually applaud the effort. However, the second you start pulling this, "those who don't fall into specific subcategories are being entitled when they ask for others to better explain their outlooks based on personal experience - BE BETTER" bullcrap you've already lost the battle, and are automatically creating a divergence within your own community where one portion of it is viewed in a superior fashion to the rest. That's the exact mentality which they claim to be so boldly opposed to. What the hell kind of a discussion forum only warrants the opinion on certain topics by specific members, and anyone else who disagrees risks a ban? Even if they're not actually being an asshole? That's not a discussion, and shutting earnest members out in no way benefits your community as a whole.

For someone who admits that they aren't a white dude, this Nepenthe character sure seems to view herself as an expert on white dudes. Imagine trying to tell her that she can't comment on white dudes based upon her race or gender. Her argument is just as silly. She may not have the personal experience, but she's speaking from her own personal observations - and that's entirely okay. I may not develop video games, but I sure as hell run my mouth about the industry constantly. That's what Era, as a whole, is trying to do as well. How dare she have the audacity to label others as acting in bad faith when she trumpets such hypocrisy.

Ultimately, there's a lot of cool people on Era among the crowd of noodle heads. Mods like ColdSun, Morrigan, and Slayven have shown me nothing but kindness and respect - even when I've voiced an opinion dissenting from their own. I'm currently part of three Era Discord servers, and get along with everyone within them swimmingly. Even in the Discords, members often acknowledge just how silly Era is. You can see that by some of the screenshots that leak into this thread. I've loved the GAF community since 2012, and it's a shame that their forum of choice is bogged down with this garbage-tier lack of self-awareness. Current NeoGAF, on the other hand, has truly been a place where I spend all day just laughing at how amusing everyone is, and feel just as accepted here as I do in the few Discord servers I frequent. Such a nice breath of fresh air while WFH, even if I don't agree with everyone's opinions.

You can't produce a healthy community with Nepenthe's logic. I just don't see how.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
well... maybe that could help , sounds plausible/reasonable to me, just that a lot of trans people don't even have access to medication or proper treatment for X reasons, i don't believe its simply lack of 'commitment' for some people.

But thats just another issue on top off, its a very delicate situation and maybe we won't find a perfect solution for many years :^S
i wish well on the Trans community, a big part of society, including gay and women have been harsh, lets hope it gets better without harming anyone else, i just need to point some of the arguments that casually come off are straight transphobia and not very helpful.

I live in a country with universal healthcare and treatment is available free of charge. Which I am OK with, before you ask.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I live in a country with universal healthcare and treatment is available free of charge. Which I am OK with, before you ask.
fwiw i have wanted this since the 90s. the problem is if you live in the US none of the political parties you are allowed to vote for would pursue it. even at this time, in the middle of a global pandemic, Biden refuses to give support to M4A, which is just baffling.

Saruhashi

Banned
Probably just give him a new account.

The funny thing about it is that you basically have an employee at one of the biggest developers out there, who are working on one of the most hyped games ever right now, getting banned from a prominent video game forum for Racism and there's not a peep anywhere about it.

A dude who works for 343 Industries was kicked off a videogame forum for racist behavior and that's NOT news?

He's lucky he was only posting racist content bad enough to be banned over and didn't post about GamerGate or Feminism.

This arsehole was permanently banned for racism, unlike the people who worked on Kingdom Come Deliverance or Ion Fury or some of the other smaller indie developers these have been targeted in the past, yet everyone is kind of just getting on with whatever.

You'd think that would be a big story in the current climate.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
fwiw i have wanted this since the 90s. the problem is if you live in the US none of the political parties you are allowed to vote for would pursue it. even at this time, in the middle of a global pandemic, Biden refuses to give support to M4A, which is just baffling.

You guys need to get your shit together and become single issue voters like evangelists until dems get it done: no support for m4a? no vote.

Orange man bad? fuck you
Systemic racism? fuck you
The supreme court? fuck you
Medicare for all? Alright I'm listening

Last edited:

Ymir

bWRp94J.png

you can't complain to POC unless you pay them lol
Why does it always come back to them wanting free money because they failed at everything they've tried? It's very interesting how they hate the rich, hate any successful, but gimme gimme free money! I wonder if they followed their own advice and paid others when educating them?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
this is why i am voting Trump. Dems have strung me along for 25 years now.

i have accepted that it will be easier moving the GOP left than the Dems.

There you go. Enough of you do the same and perhaps the DNC will consider actual progressive measures instead of the usual business of doing like the Republicans are doing while looking more presentable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom