• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot to enjoy in this thread but my favourite posts are the people saying that the 'Women and children first' convention is because women have the ability to give birth and are therefore essential to the survival of the human race. This is stupid on a number of levels but even leaving aside basic biology we are talking about a sinking ship here, the survival of the human race is not in point.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
CBVVgCN.jpg
Am I reading this wrong? The only way this should lead to a ban anywhere is if it remains in English and you tweet Kamiya.

Use your brain insect.

GymWolf

Gold Member

lmao this guy is...27 years old 😂😂😂
Jesus this looks like a story from a 12 years old...

nochance

Banned
Jesus this looks like a story from a 12 years old...
That's an awesome story. A perfect window into a broken home, no dad, step siblings, extreme favouritism. How do you expect a mother like that to raise funtioning human beings?
Using the term gaslighting in reference to one's own family is a cherry on top.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
in the thread he says when he finally moved out of his parents out, he and his sister both lived together, and then they both recently moved back in with their parents, also together. no wonder they are getting on each other's nerves.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Episode 1 of Raised by Wolves spoiler warning...

pdk81GQ.png

Their Raised by Wolves discussion is going abut as well as you would expect.

Last edited:

NickFire

A lot to enjoy in this thread but my favourite posts are the people saying that the 'Women and children first' convention is because women have the ability to give birth and are therefore essential to the survival of the human race. This is stupid on a number of levels but even leaving aside basic biology we are talking about a sinking ship here, the survival of the human race is not in point.
I enjoy a nice sensible chuckle from this thread, but really don't like going to the other place. Its just so sad knowing some of them are actual products of an educational system.

So cliff notes are requested. Are they now playing oppression Olympics over who survives a disaster? And do they really think their profound ability to complain about normal people entitles them to be saved before children? I really hope the answer to both is no. But I can't ignore that someone actually felt the need to ask the question. We all know what happens when someone starts by just asking questions.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol they had a thread like that last year, it was just full of people saying they would kill the kid so they got a spot. bunch of selfish cunts.

they really love saying "F kids" for some reason. they really really like saying it. to a disturbing degree.

Last edited:

BigBooper

lol they had a thread like that last year, it was just full of people saying they would kill the kid so they got a spot. bunch of selfish cunts.

they really love saying "F kids" for some reason. they really really like saying it. to a disturbing degree.
That's because they say it so often when talking to each other about what they want to do on the weekend.

600Breezy

Messofanego: “Does the Swiss court have a pattern of this? Maybe we look up the people who did the ruling. Could be discrimination/misogynoir going on, and if so should be investigated and combated against.

To suggest someone to reduce their natural abilities or not be able to compete is just wrong. Don't blame her for it, blame the systems. Not her fault she's got naturally higher testosterone.“

Lmao I hope the Supreme Court is ready to be investigated by someone whose parents purchased his wife for 3 ps4’s and a goat

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I´m not even mad anymore at my perm ban i got. And posting on Gaf doesn´t make me read my post 3x in fear to have a wrong word in it and get me banned in an instant.
Reset will never have Happosai or Ryoga. Reset will never have credibility, structure, or provide a welcoming forum layout either.

Btw, Nice Avatar, mate!

ApNdcGW.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieTuna

Messofanego: “Does the Swiss court have a pattern of this? Maybe we look up the people who did the ruling. Could be discrimination/misogynoir going on, and if so should be investigated and combated against.

To suggest someone to reduce their natural abilities or not be able to compete is just wrong. Don't blame her for it, blame the systems. Not her fault she's got naturally higher testosterone.“

Lmao I hope the Supreme Court is ready to be investigated by someone whose parents purchased his wife for 3 ps4’s and a goat
Dude with a arranged marriage thinks this is sexist is peak Eeeeeera

Ionian

I enjoy a nice sensible chuckle from this thread, but really don't like going to the other place. Its just so sad knowing some of them are actual products of an educational system.

So cliff notes are requested. Are they now playing oppression Olympics over who survives a disaster? And do they really think their profound ability to complain about normal people entitles them to be saved before children? I really hope the answer to both is no. But I can't ignore that someone actually felt the need to ask the question. We all know what happens when someone starts by just asking questions.

- Set up new site for dollars with the hope of getting video game people on it
- Few investors were working in the field
- Owner buys out investors and disappears (allegedly)

- Mods and admins go mental banning people, meant to be a safe space but only by their opinion.
- Some seriously dodgy bans that lead to forum riots.

People stop caring and once the burnt ash of the decent posters has cooled, it becomes and absolute shit-show.

Now Paypal me $10 for saving you the time.

Ionian

- Set up new site for dollars with the hope of getting video game people on it
- Few investors were working in the field
- Owner buys out investors and disappears (allegedly)

- Mods and admins go mental banning people, meant to be a safe space but only by their opinion.
- Some seriously dodgy bans that lead to forum riots.

People stop caring and once the burnt ash of the decent posters has cooled, it becomes and absolute shit-show.

Now Paypal me $10 for saving you the time.

Forgot the funniest part, Stinkles got perm'd and Shinobi (Original invesor) is back posting.

Same as Sweet Nicole.

Like a moth to the flame, can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I´m not even mad anymore at my perm ban i got. And posting on Gaf doesn´t make me read my post 3x in fear to have a wrong word in it and get me banned in an instant.
The mods have granted my report button 10x the amount of damage so you better be careful as to not say anything wrong about Nintendo or I will find you. I will report you. And you will be very, very sorry.

Take heed.

Ionian

Is Shinobi the one who outed his toddler as a racist on Twitter?
Now that you mention it, I think he might be. I'm not sure though.

Edit: It was him, nice catch!

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

Now that you mention it, I think he might be. I'm not sure though.

Edit: It was him, nice catch!

Shillnobi also admitted he didn't vote in 2016 and that backlash from the SJWs on ERA was what caused him to take a "leave" in the first place.

SourNicholas (whoops, SweetNicole) was always a cunt and attention seeker so I'm not surprised they're back after throwing a temper tantrum. Please note ERA lurkers, I am not using THE C WORD as a gendered pejorative. But if the word fits...

Ymir

Shillnobi also admitted he didn't vote in 2016 and that backlash from the SJWs on ERA was what caused him to take a "leave" in the first place.

SourNicholas (whoops, SweetNicole) was always a cunt and attention seeker so I'm not surprised they're back after throwing a temper tantrum. Please note ERA lurkers, I am not using THE C WORD as a gendered pejorative. But if the word fits...
Shocking the SJWs didn't even vote in 2016 :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tuff McNutt

I'm fully expecting a member to reply with "good". :messenger_grinning_sweat:

"IRC Men are much more likely to successfully commit suicide because they choose methods more likely to succeed such as shooting vs overdosing for example. I think the rate of suicide attempts is actually comparable. "

WTF, in even a thread about suicide you gotta put men down? Fucking asshole.

The rate is higher because men are programmed biologically to be the providers, if they can't fulfill that role (either for themselves or a family) it leads to depression and, in extreme cases, suicide. It doesn't help that there are outlets like Era that 1) preach that any straight male is a piece of shit (especially if God forbid you're WHITE) and 2) a circle jerk of self-reinforcing misery.

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
"IRC Men are much more likely to successfully commit suicide because they choose methods more likely to succeed such as shooting vs overdosing for example. I think the rate of suicide attempts is actually comparable. "

The rate is higher because men are programmed biologically to be the providers, if they can't fulfill that role (either for themselves or a family) it leads to depression and, in extreme cases, suicide. It doesn't help that there are outlets like Era that 1) preach that any straight male is a piece of shit (especially if God forbid you're WHITE) and 2) a circle jerk of self-reinforcing misery.

That number is skewed because women who survive their attempts often try multiple times. They could spin it that women are more likely to try suicide multiple times depending on what ideology they are trying to push.

It's the same with divorce rates. People who marry once are only counted once, while Larry King gets counted 8 times + however many time his x-wives get remarried. So when you hear half of all marriages end in divorce, in actuality it around 3.2per 1000 people go through a divorce (low since some never get married ). 72% of first timers stay married.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Some people in that suicide topic are already stating the topic title is bullshit, which is frustrating.

They claim to be advocates for mental health, but shit all over the taboo subject of male mental health and suicide rates because they hate men. I'm awaiting them bringing trans suicide rates into it now to further shit on it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm fully expecting a member to reply with "good". :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The very first post blames “toxic masculinity”.

Basically “it’s the men who must change their horrible ways”

Nice job victim blaming.

Then people want to quibble about the title and blame guns in the US. Can you imagine saying all that about virtually any other demographic?

Ionian

Some people in that suicide topic are already stating the topic title is bullshit, which is frustrating.

They claim to be advocates for mental health, but shit all over the taboo subject of male mental health and suicide rates because they hate men. I'm awaiting them bringing trans suicide rates into it now to further shit on it.

I doubt they will knowing it's directed at men, but knowing them anything is possible.

I see that thread quickly dropping off the charts despite the numerous and nearly constant suicide threads they have.

The sad thing is many of the so called trans posters are the textbook definition of lipstick lesbians to suit a social construct where they fit in and miss the warning signs of a mental health struggle

Misery loves company and Reee sure is a honeypot

FUBARx89

The very first post blames “toxic masculinity”.

Basically “it’s the men who must change their horrible ways”

Nice job victim blaming.

Then people want to quibble about the title and blame guns in the US. Can you imagine saying all that about virtually any other demographic?

Turning it into guns is redundant, there's a plethora of ways to kill yourself without a gun, so I dunno why they're fixating on guns in a suicide topic.

Over here in the UK suicide rates are currently the highest they've been in 20 years, 44-49 year olds are the highest age range to kill themselves, ree would wave that off as "fuck boomers", but the the 25-44 year old age group is rising year on year, you know, the age range they are, even if they don't act like it.

Of total suicides recorded last year 4,303 men comitted suicide, 1,388 women comitted suicide.

But, that's not a problem to era. Not at all.

Side note - I do believe suicide rates for women are abnormal regardless if it's less then men. Clearly our systems in the UK are failing men and women.

I doubt they will knowing it's directed at men, but knowing them anything is possible.

I see that thread quickly dropping off the charts despite the numerous and nearly constant suicide threads they have.

They'll say it's transphobic males that push trans people to suicide.

The suicide threads on era are idle threats for sympathy or attention I'd say. I can't say if I was going to kill myself I'd post on here saying I've had enough and rattle off the reasons why. Suicide is the last way of violently fixing your problems, in that state of mind you don't particularly care to seek help, nor do you care about random people on a form knowing you're planning on killing yourself or going to attempt to kill yourself, you think about your kids, wife, husband, parents. People you really care about.

Last edited:

eot

Banned

You could also speculate that women don't choose methods likely to succeed because they're not as determined to actually kill themselves.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
going by this logic you would think women, LGBT, and POC would be killing themselves more but apparently men commit more suicides because of patriarchy

jdwGuQ9.jpg

Last edited:

paolo11

He said China-man right after the Asian summit or some shit. (The way he put it though was absolutely racist).

What an idiot.

isn’t he the guy who is always sarcastic and acts like a liberal? I guess he was racist all along. Oh well, what he needs to do now is to make Halo Infinite really good.

Ionian

isn’t he the guy who is always sarcastic and acts like a liberal? I guess he was racist all along. Oh well, what he needs to do now is to make Halo Infinite really good.

Isn't he just a PR guy? He doesn't code that's for sure.

Also, never forget;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom