• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

600Breezy

lmao this guy is...27 years old 😂😂😂

nush

Another fuck your family, we're your family now topic? OPs dramatization of the incident not matching up with reality and another REE unreliable narrator syndrome?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Another fuck your family, we're your family now topic? OPs dramatization of the incident not matching up with reality and another REE unreliable narrator syndrome?
Parents must be proud of their kids.
I'm 27. She's 25. It's dumb and childish I know. It's why I tried to just leave the situation until she decided to just plant in my room.

JSoup

Banned
It's included as DLC for the Xbox 360 version and I assume PS3.

For the PS3, it's not exactly DLC. When you buy Madness Returns, you're giving a licence for the first game and it's a separate download. You're actually not directly told this and will have to download it yourself.

SCB3

Can someone read this and tell me what on earth this 5 star general of faggotness is talking about?

The mind of a madman or someone forgot to take their meds, I'd expect them to smear shit all over their walls screaming about the racist S'mores in a few months

SCB3

For the PS3, it's not exactly DLC. When you buy Madness Returns, you're giving a licence for the first game and it's a separate download. You're actually not directly told this and will have to download it yourself.

If I remember correctly, you also need to own Alice Returns as well, IU know I couldn't play the original at one point as I didn't own the sequel at that time

VN1X

Banned

thExgoI.png

The spark to ignite the awakening! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

nush

I'm starting to wonder if getting your own place is "Too expensive" or "I can afford it, but..." and the PAGs don't want to deal with no pain, no gain.

Getting very common here too since there are no rent vacancies and buying even a small flat is very expensive unless you want to live in a small town with no jobs.
Every town has jobs, otherwise it ceases to exist.

City dwellers live in such a naive bubble. I-i-if the population is less than 1.5 million, how on earth can I find a job?!?

Grow up. Plenty of us move around to find a job and to take care of ourselves. Your obsession with comfy city sprawl is holding you back. I'd argue it's one of the major things holding back western civilization, the childish idealization of "city life" as the beginning and end of one's existence.

nush

Grow up. Plenty of us move around to find a job and to take care of ourselves. Your obsession with comfy city sprawl is holding you back. I'd argue it's one of the major things holding back western civilization, the childish idealization of "city life" as the beginning and end of one's existence.

City life is tiring and expensive, but it can pay well. However you won't get that benefit due to the cost of actually living there. So that's why most people commute and hate it.

City life is tiring and expensive, but it can pay well. However you won't get that benefit due to the cost of actually living there. So that's why most people commute and hate it.
I've lived in and out of cities. The era of moving to a city because of the high pay is being demolished by globalism and flexible remote work. It doesn't help that landowners and utility-owners in cities keep everyone under their thumb because they know there's no competition. It is why cities have high regulation compared to outlying towns because the companies know they have a bunch of fresh-faced uni students moving in, willing to pay anything and do anything to live in The Big Apple. These fantasies about "high pay" and "no jobs in small towns" are soft propaganda. It's not like we lack 100s and 100s of years of literature that describe the bottomless, sharp maw of city dwelling 🤷‍♀️

I'd liken big cities to the local Gamestop.

It's ostensibly a videogame store, and they'd like you to believe they are the be-all-end-all videogame store, and they do midnight launches and massive console pre-order campaigns as if THIS STORE is the hub of the entire city's videogaming, and they hire "gamers" to staff the store, but you quickly realize that they're just a place that sells videogames (which can be bought online) while underpaying their employees. The restaurants Funko Pops and the skyscrapers large videogame posters and the art scene XXL hoodies and the local culture sweaty videogame collector are all just window-dressing for the process of snagging a videogame and taking it home.

Every town has jobs, otherwise it ceases to exist.

City dwellers live in such a naive bubble. I-i-if the population is less than 1.5 million, how on earth can I find a job?!?

Well in my country anyway, job market is very very limited to non existent especially if you move there from another place and don’t know anyone. Nepotism reigns supreme at those small companies there if they are at all hiring.

By smaller towns I mean places with population of like 5-10k many miles from larger cities. Cities with 150k or larger population has the same housing problems as our big cities.

People want to live on their own but basically can’t.

Last edited:
Well in my country anyway, job market is very very limited to non existent especially if you move there from another place and don’t know anyone. Nepotism reigns supreme at those small companies there if they are at all hiring.

By smaller towns I mean places with population of like 5-10k many miles from larger cities. Cities with 150k or larger population has the same housing problems as our big cities.

In fairness, I am speaking from the lens of the USA where we do not have the same cramping issues as many other countries. Even so, the market is becoming ever more disconnected and remote now that intra/international shipping is mostly solved and many tasks can be performed on the internet. The same jobs you would do in the city are starting to be done from a cheap cottage 50m outside of town, or from a cheap factory/shop opened up far outside of the city regulations and taxes. The shift is already in progress.

nush

That's nothing new for a lot of places. You'll have to rent a room for yourself or rent a home with other people. That's OK when you are young, focus on your career until you can afford somewhere with a partner.

In fairness, I am speaking from the lens of the USA where we do not have the same cramping issues as many other countries. Even so, the market is becoming ever more disconnected and remote now that intra/international shipping is mostly solved and many tasks can be performed on the internet. The same jobs you would do in the city are starting to be done from a cheap cottage 50m outside of town, or from a cheap factory/shop opened up far outside of the city regulations and taxes. The shift is already in progress.

Job markets in the US and Sweden is like not comparable at all. Here there basically dont exist a no skilled job market for one.

One reason to why immigrants have unemployment numbers in numbers of 80-90% is because they don’t have any high tech skills.

JSoup

Banned
If I remember correctly, you also need to own Alice Returns as well, IU know I couldn't play the original at one point as I didn't own the sequel at that time

Correct, you can't own the original independently of Madness Returns.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

LOL sounds like dude has unresolved issues with his sister

nuirr6t.jpg

Ionian

Holy fucking shit. That genuinely puts his Alice games in a different light for me. Btw, are there any news regarding a new Alice game? The last thing I heard were rumblings that he was apparently in talks with EA (they have the license).

News to me as well, that is horrifying.

For the games, I bought them as I loved the source material but never finished them as they were honestly boring.

Bio-shock did it far better.

Poor dude, that is truly messed up.

Hudo

American mcgee was trying to get their own game funded

Ah, lol. I never heard of this, otherwise I would've probably backed it. But sad that stuff like this isn't getting the PR it deserves while Chris Roberts is cruising on his yacht with all that Star Citizen money.

EDIT: Maybe he and Chris Avellone could get together and work on a new Alice game. That would be pretty cool, I think.

Last edited:

raduque

Job markets in the US and Sweden is like not comparable at all. Here there basically dont exist a no skilled job market for one.

One reason to why immigrants have unemployment numbers in numbers of 80-90% is because they don’t have any high tech skills.

Sweden doesn't have fast food or retail joints? No warehousing or stocking jobs? Janitors or window washers?

teezzy

Banned
lol

"living with my parents in my late twenties sucks"

"how about you move out?"

"gee, you're right, i should look into that - thanks!"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've lived in and out of cities. The era of moving to a city because of the high pay is being demolished by globalism and flexible remote work. It doesn't help that landowners and utility-owners in cities keep everyone under their thumb because they know there's no competition. It is why cities have high regulation compared to outlying towns because the companies know they have a bunch of fresh-faced uni students moving in, willing to pay anything and do anything to live in The Big Apple. These fantasies about "high pay" and "no jobs in small towns" are soft propaganda. It's not like we lack 100s and 100s of years of literature that describe the bottomless, sharp maw of city dwelling 🤷‍♀️

I'd liken big cities to the local Gamestop.

It's ostensibly a videogame store, and they'd like you to believe they are the be-all-end-all videogame store, and they do midnight launches and massive console pre-order campaigns as if THIS STORE is the hub of the entire city's videogaming, and they hire "gamers" to staff the store, but you quickly realize that they're just a place that sells videogames (which can be bought online) while underpaying their employees. The restaurants Funko Pops and the skyscrapers large videogame posters and the art scene XXL hoodies and the local culture sweaty videogame collector are all just window-dressing for the process of snagging a videogame and taking it home.
To be fair, cities usually have more sophisticated jobs and the best paying jobs. And this is especially true for high level jobs unless the company has a head office in a small town which is totally possible.

However, it really comes down to someone's priority of lifestyle or job.

But for sake of cost of living, it's crazy how different it can be. I could work with account managers who are always housed in large cities because that's where the client head office or regional offices are. The account managers will be paid roughly the same. One person lives in Vancouver, one person Winnipeg. The Vancouver guys place is probably 4x the cost.

The Vancouver person will always have a chance at being the west coast regional manager, but no bosses will ever be situated in Winnipeg.

Vancouver person loves being west coast, great weather, chance of being a boss. Won't be paying off that home anytime soon. Winnipegger is fine being in a modest city with shit winters, but has has less pressure with smaller accounts and the home can be paid off in record time.

And Winnipeg isn't even a tiny town. To cut costs, you don't have to move to farm country. I think people assume if you move away from a giant metro area, there's zero jobs and all your neighbours will be yee-hawers like Deliverance.

Last edited:
Sweden doesn't have fast food or retail joints? No warehousing or stocking jobs? Janitors or window washers?

Yes but not in abundance that is needed.

For every low skilled job that is announced like a fast food job there are literally thousands of applicants.

Also in smaller towns you won’t have fast food joints like McDonald’s or Burger King here. Maybe 1-2 pizzerias or so.

There are way more low skilled people who dont speak Swedish or have education than there are low skilled jobs... like hundred of thousands more.

Wearing way off topic now too lol.

Last edited:

Ionian

The Alice games weren't even that good, I played both.

They started great and just ended up a passed-out chore to play, which having paid for them was pretty annoying,

Was absolutely style over substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom