• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.dilya

Banned
Naughty Dog try their hardest to appease these fruits and this is what happens.

You just can't win, I almost feel bad for them :messenger_tears_of_joy:

which is why these developers should just continue making white stories centered around white people. I much prefer that over token non-white characters shoved into these games just for the sake of diversity.

Dorohedoro

which is why these developers should just continue making white stories centered around white people. I much prefer that over token non-white characters shoved into these games just for the sake of diversity.
And kick the hornet's nest of the hyper woke crowd? Nope...

Naughty Dog try their hardest to appease these fruits and this is what happens.

You just can't win, I almost feel bad for them :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I always thought this, as soon as you open up that rabbit hole, it goes too deep for you to keep up.

It's the Overwatch Effect. You try to cater to everyone and make literally every culture represented, but then it just opens up more doors of, "WHAT ABOUT THIS?! YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AVOIDING THIS BECAUSE YOU HATE THEM". It never ends.

You truly have to stick to your creative guns, do what YOU want as a creator, don't push anything that is pushed upon you and stand by it. Then don't read anyones shit. It's an UNWINABLE BATTLE. Because it's not a battle, its just the want for attention and as soon as they see you are a conduit for that attention, they'll all try to pour through.

Sooooo... Anybody read this yet?

It's interesting the Moderator basically outted why they wouldn't do it. It's because if someone comments something not within the hivemind and gets banned, they would consider banning those that "liked" that comment as well. It'd be hard to control the hivemind if you had to deal with that aspect on top of it.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Is Naughty Dog next to be banned?
Disappointment with no 'dog whistle' joke made thus far. Oh my sweet Summer child, I am literally shaking...my head.

Ionian

It's interesting the Moderator basically outted why they wouldn't do it. It's because if someone comments something not within the hivemind and gets banned, they would consider banning those that "liked" that comment as well. It'd be hard to control the hivemind if you had to deal with that aspect on top of it.

Was actually going to post this thread this morning but ended up forgetting about it.

That is exactly what that mod said, they can't police likes or reactions. They FEAR not being in control and yet they still have daft cunts just posting "." as a post to agreed with someone. Even empty posting. If only there was a way to see who reacted to what?

Maybe some day in the future some clever forum software-guru can come up with a way to implement it.

Best part is members there (who are on here as well) saying they didn't want it, yet still post here and have no problem using the function when they post here.

Really makes you think ...

(reaction emoji).

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I came here to talk about that Era post about Naughty Dog's "anti-blackness", and I have some thoughts.

First, it goes to show that no matter how much you play identity politics and cater to the outrage mobs, you still never do good enough. Naughty Dog ruined an entire franchise with virtue signaling to women, lesbians, and trans people. Was it good enough? OF COURSE NOT - you can never include everyone in your virtue signaling, even in a bloated, 30 hour, mostly boring campaign. It's a never-ending cycle of ALWAYS FINDING an oppressor so you can be "the oppressed". Which is the cornerstone of liberal ideology in today's world -- everyone is divided by their race, skin color, sex, sexual preference, and social class. It's always "us" vs "them", whoever those two camps may be.

The individual is the true minority in today's world. It can't be about the story or the people in those stories, it has to be about (fill in skin color/sexual preference/gender pronoun) because "that's my tribe".

This all goes back to why people will vote for Trump - not because he's the best or most "presidential" candidate, but because he has the balls to stand up for common sense and American ideals in the face of the encroaching identity-politics driven mobs.

cormack12

Gold Member
Naughty Dog is the epitome of talent trumps diversity. There can be fewer studio's that have such technically proficient staff. And you wanna burn all that to get a few black faces in just for the group photos.

If they are good enough and have talent, they will get the chance.

frostyxc

Naughty Dog is the epitome of talent trumps diversity. There can be fewer studio's that have such technically proficient staff. And you wanna burn all that to get a few black faces in just for the group photos.

But they aren't intelligent or motivated enough to do it on their own! They need a white angel to bless them with a spot on the team, you bigot.

Get out of here with that meritocracy psychobabble. I don't need your patriarchal world view clouding my equality for a dying planet to reach ultimate hope and peace before we phase out of existence.

wd40

I always hear that TLOU2 pandered too much or whatever, but did it really? Like, there was some black and asian people and some gay people, it didn't seem unusual at all.

nush

This poster is a rarely seen Ree mentalist. I don't have time now but I'm going to dig up some epic work related conundrums from him.

Strap in guys, Dis gonna be gud.

kAqoxBp.png

next post;

LxUM1fz.png

P7ca2Tt.png

zL2sE6f.png

bWOp2kT.jpg

teezzy

Banned
How do you wind up in your mid-30s as a virgin who can't drive? How does life work out like that?

Like I can't be bothered to read all that he wrote but poor dude is obsessing over some mid-20s mom with a four year old kid. Clearly she's had more life experience than him, and he's building up this crazy anxiety-riddled narrative in his head. If she knew, she'd probably demand he kept his distance. Like losing your virginity is supposed to be sloppy and stupid. That's why you do it when you're like fifteen or whatever. This poor dude, I actually sorta feel bad. I don't know how you end up like that!

Like I've definitely gotten nervous and fumbled the ball before, especially when you're obsessing over all that brainwash crap Era preaches. No wonder poor dude can't get laid. Get therapy and a hooker ffs. Have a stripper blow you. You gotta break that ice first before you interact with a normal functioning person like that.

Last edited:
I always hear that TLOU2 pandered too much or whatever, but did it really? Like, there was some black and asian people and some gay people, it didn't seem unusual at all.
Thank you. Instead of accusing it of pandering people should look at it from a not so self centered perspective. Maybe.. Just fucking maybe it's just a story that has pocs, asians, lesbians and Trans people in it. You know... like in real life.. where these people also exist.

teezzy

Banned
Are there really people out there upset that there isn't enough Asian representation in video games? Do they live on Earth as well?

Electret

Too much damned exposition.
I'm gonna go ahead and be a judgmental asshole: that lady sounds like a complete waste of time. Mid 20s, has a kid, lives with parents, uneducated. And yet he seems to think she's some prize? Have some self-respect, dude. That whole situation screams dysfunction, co-dependence, and drama.

teezzy

Banned
Electret Electret

Sounds like a single mom having a rough time. I'm not going to judge someone for that.

This dude's in his thirties, never had his wang licked, and doesn't know how to drive.

I wouldn't necessarily argue that he is the best judge of suitable partners either. Dude should get his dick wet elsewhere and move on.

It's just an excuse that reeetards use to deflect from the fact that TLoU2 is just kind of shit compared to the first game. Story wise anyways. It was a hard battle to be sure since you know. Everyone who liked the first game was pretty high on Ellie and thought she was a great character in the first game. Didn't stop em from labeling people with criticism homophobes who hate women. Didn't see any people legit unhappy about representation in the game.

Sure there are people like that, but they are trolls. Putting people with valid criticism in the same category as one sentence trolls on metacritic is pretty fucking dishonest. Thank God for that nakeyjakey video laying it all out there but he hugged jontron before so he is a nazi, don't you know?

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned

giphy.gif

It's time to cancel Naughty Dog.
Reeeeeee's gaming sides love for their "Naughty Gods" is far too big for them to be cancelled. Their excess crunch? Nah they skipped over it. Their downgrades? Nah, who cares. Sexual harrassment?! Believe Women? Fuck that noise, it's all lies! They're only woke until it impacts something they actually like.

Dorohedoro

They read way too much into shit, Jesus Christ
Couldn't be clearer with this fucking post lol.

Another part I brought up was the beginning part with the snowball fight. I'm not sure why they picked a black kid for this... but the wording and Ellie's body language was extremely jarring to me. If you watch this clip without context of what's happening, it's like, "WTF!"

I've beaten the game 3 times and not once did any of this nonsense go through my head. Like this person had to have been sitting there looking for something they deem offensive. Unreal.

Dorohedoro

Reeeeeee's gaming sides love for their "Naughty Gods" is far too big for them to be cancelled. Their excess crunch? Nah they skipped over it. Their downgrades? Nah, who cares. Sexual harrassment?! Believe Women? Fuck that noise, it's all lies! They're only woke until it impacts something they actually like.
They bitched a lot about the crunch IIRC.

Dorohedoro

The snowball fight is one of the few scenes in the game I actually sat and watched my buddy play though

They're insane - who thinks like that?
Era nutjobs.

I don't think any of this stuff was forced or anything, would've preferred it if the latino dude was a little less stereotypical with how he talked though. And I kiiinda feel like Asians were... overrepresented? Not even including the important characters, they were everywhere, every faction had an Asian NPC lol, even one of the frozen corpses that pops up when you first control Abby was Asian haha.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
v52jFC1.png

I don't really understand how that isn't 100% in favor of "Yes" much less only 58% want to live to be really old? What a bunch of depressed nihilists.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

According to the National Museum of AFrican American History and Culture (which is an Smithsonian institution), hard work is an aspect of whiteness and white culture. If Naughty Dog expects to hire people who have cultivated their skill, they are being inherently racist.

MrFunSocks

Banned
ugf8YIg.png

Ck9Q4xP.png

"Out of it sometimes" = On crack, hence $20 a feel per boob.
literally no way any of that is true lol.

They bitched a lot about the crunch IIRC.
I'm sure they did for a day or 2, but then all went back to gushing over the game and bought it day one.

v52jFC1.png

I don't really understand how that isn't 100% in favor of "Yes" much less only 58% want to live to be really old? What a bunch of depressed nihilists.
Eh I can kind of understand that. I don't particularly want to be super old and frail and have medical problems and not be able to do things I enjoyed doing. Not to mention with my family history there's a good chance I'll have some degenerative cognitive disease by my 60s, which I'm not keen to have my family have to take on. I'll be going wherever euthanasia is legal if that happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom