• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Damn

tenor.gif

They look at this and think it's right

giphy.gif

BRAVO GOOD PERSON!!!!

oSQ7PR.jpg

That whole thread is just fucking hilarious, I mean how many ways can they find to avoid asking the obvious questions and reaching the inevitable conclusions?

Deep down they must all know how utterly dysfunctional and toxic Resetera is as a community. Who amongst them is actually happy? And if they are one of these rare individuals, from where does their happiness come?

At some point they need to accept that their ethically pure, impeccably diverse and devoutly progressive forum fact has in fact turned out to be an Orwellian animal farm and a playground for psychopaths.

Because to thrive on Resetera the key is to follow the "rules" without exception or empathy.

Last edited:

Traianvs

Seems they finally let Dark1x out of the reee-eduction camps. He's atoned for his sins of liking Ion Fury and murdering millions

cHGvn3y.png

He really needs to stay away from that place, he doesn't seem to be able to handle the abuse of the internet and that place has been a cesspool with attacking people.
christ wat a disappointment. I find Digital Foundry tech analysis amazing and you can see the love they have for the medium, but pandering to an extremist website with violent and bigoted views? Seriously?
I will continue watching their videos because of their quality but the people making them? C'mon

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Seems they finally let Dark1x out of the reee-eduction camps. He's atoned for his sins of liking Ion Fury and murdering millions

cHGvn3y.png

He really needs to stay away from that place, he doesn't seem to be able to handle the abuse of the internet and that place has been a cesspool with attacking people.

Holy shit.

They ban him and he comes back groveling... un-fucking-believable.

"If he loses, he has two months to get revenge on "US". (That's us, not United States)

Op86Gj2.png

As if you need any more evidence that these people have still not gotten over being bullied in high school. Politics, your opponent acts like the school bully on Era.

Don't get me wrong, trump is a buffoon and is certainly not fit for presidency, but to act like he is going to obliterate America? Where have these people been the past four years?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

cHGvn3y.png

This shit is infuriating. Stop trying to appease the mob!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Can someone please provide context on this? Why was he banned, can you link to the offending post? Genuinely curious.
He was never banned, they tried to cancel Digital Foundry for not being ultra progressive for ERA standards. He was slated as DF were not woke enough to have a disclaimer in a video on Ion Fury. He tried to defend himself but they kind of ran him off the site. He probably came in to the thread to get some confidence about hitting the 1m and ended up trying to apologise.

We are no better, some fucking spasticated spanner gave him awful shit that he left here and we'd had radio silence since.

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
He was never banned, they tried to cancel Digital Foundry for not being ultra progressive for ERA standards. He was slated as DF were not woke enough to have a disclaimer in a video on Ion Fury. He tried to defend himself but they kind of ran him off the site. He probably came in to the thread to get some confidence about hitting the 1m and ended up trying to apologise.

We are no better, some fucking spasticated spanner gave him awful shit that he left here and we'd had radio silence since.

He'll be back. We are Xbox shills.

teezzy

Banned

Or yknow you could get some skills and market yourself as a more valuable asset to an employer who isnt your father? If your dad is your boss and thinks you're only with $11.50 an hour... you've got problems, kid.

Love the other poster here complaining he cant live off $8 an hour.

Like dudes, find something better then

Honestly, these people who are aiming to be youtube personalities need to grow some thicker fucking skin. If comments from random assholes online can break you, maybe you shouldn't be putting yourself out there. The guy seems a bit unstable though, spoke about being suidical, so resetera isn't the best place for him, with the amount of guilt they throw at you.

GymWolf

Gold Member

Oh cmon the guy even said on reee that the majority of players are toxic + other not funny adjectives just to clean his status on reee, he can fuck off in that sewer of insanity, we don't need internet "celebrity" with the same rotten mind they have on reeee.

I don't have simpathy for people without a spine. (Except for sub-zero victims, they are cool...pun intended)

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Oh cmon the guy even said on reee that the majority of players are toxic + other not funny adjectives just to clean his status on reee, he can fuck off in that sewer of insanity, we don't need internet "celebrity" with the same rotten mind they have on reeee.

I don't have simpathy for people without a spine.
When you have people attack you personally then you will try to defend yourself. Sometimes that means you try to push the spotlight on others to save yourself. Being part of a group that breaks down the technical aspects of video games doesn't make you open for personal criticism. Viewers are open to criticise the art but not be personal. Excusing dickheads who can't distinguish where the line is isn't enough. This behaviour allows more abusive comments.

GymWolf

Gold Member
When you have people attack you personally then you will try to defend yourself. Sometimes that means you try to push the spotlight on others to save yourself. Being part of a group that breaks down the technical aspects of video games doesn't make you open for personal criticism. Viewers are open to criticise the art but not be personal. Excusing dickheads who can't distinguish where the line is isn't enough. This behaviour allows more abusive comments.
It's not an excuse to talk shit about gamers in general, literally the people who make possible for him to make money with vg related videos.

he is not a child and he absolutely doesn't need to act like a weak minded to appease the crazy people on ree, it's his adult choice to talk like that, i'm not even sure if he even talk like that just to save his ass or because he really believes that shit, onestly if he really care that much about what reeee people think about him, maybe the second option is the real one.

Sorry not sorry dude.

of course what i say doesn't negate the fact that some people in here were a bit to hard on him, but it was really like 1-2 guys (the usual suspects)

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It's not an excuse to talk shit about gamers in general, literally the people who make possible for him to make money with vg related videos.

he is not a child and he absolutely doesn't need to act like a weak minded to appease the crazy people on ree, it's his adult choice to talk like that, i'm not even sure if he even talk like that just to save his ass or because he really believes that shit, onestly if he really care that much about what reeee people think about him, maybe the second option is the real one.

Sorry not sorry dude.
If anything his comments about gamers in general is not at a specific person. How if he mentioned what a prick someone was then I'd give you more leeway. The problem with gamers is the loud ones make the most noise, not all gamers are the scum of the Earth but because the louds ones are, we are all tainted by their stupid shit.

You don't want to give him credit for what he does without him willfully wanting he to accept the awful parts of being a Youtuber. That's fine, that's just not my view. I think that we need to regulate proper criticism, and not make it personal.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If anything his comments about gamers in general is not at a specific person. How if he mentioned what a prick someone was then I'd give you more leeway. The problem with gamers is the loud ones make the most noise, not all gamers are the scum of the Earth but because the louds ones are, we are all tainted by their stupid shit.

You don't want to give him credit for what he does without him willfully wanting he to accept the awful parts of being a Youtuber. That's fine, that's just not my view. I think that we need to regulate proper criticism, and not make it personal.
I don't understand, in this topic we joke and talk shit about all the weak minded\fake virtue signaling over there, why he get a free pass? only because he has a yt channel? or because a couple of guys were mean to him on the internet, do i have to post the south park video about the safe space to remind you how absurd cyber bullying is?? especially this type of cyber bulling that comes from a minority of fanboys?! how thin skinned you have to be?

i don't know man, i don't want to pass for a jackass and tbh i don't care enough about the guy to start a dispute (even a small one) with one of you guys :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't understand, in this topic we joke and talk shit about all the weak minded\fake virtue signaling over there, why he get a free pass? only because he has a yt channel? or because a couple of guys were mean to him on the internet, do i have to post the south park video about the safe space to remind you how absurd cyber bullying is?? especially this type of cyber bulling that comes from a minority of fanboys?! how thin skinned you have to be?

i don't know man, i don't want to pass for a jackass and tbh i don't care enough about the guy to start a dispute (even a small one) with one of you guys :lollipop_blowing_kiss:
We'll leave it there. Love you too 😉

nush

Or yknow you could get some skills and market yourself as a more valuable asset to an employer who isnt your father? If your dad is your boss and thinks you're only with $11.50 an hour... you've got problems, kid.

Would have been a great topic if the creator didn't just make a pouting self entitled low effort OP and bail from his topic. He probably lives with his dad, pays no rent and is actually unemployable anyway.

Man, that's so disappointing to read about Linneman/Dark1X. Trying to appease to a hateful vocal minority and for what? If "Era" cancel him business will continue as usual for their entire youtube channel and whatever else they've got going on. Pathetic scenes from him.

Just can't believe they drove him off, destroyed his mental health, then he comes back months later and apologizes to them. He should have told them to go fuck themselves. Not like they're desperate for resetera views.

teezzy

Banned
Would have been a great topic if the creator didn't just make a pouting self entitled low effort OP and bail from his topic. He probably lives with his dad, pays no rent and is actually unemployable anyway.

I'm telling ya dude, this very thread could not stand as more concrete example representative of a large portion of that community being completely detached from the notion of personal accountability.

Apply myself into getting a better job?

NO, I DEMAND A RAISE - DAD! GIVE IT TO ME NOW, AND NO I WON'T SHOW ANY ENTHUSIASM FOR MY WORK UNTIL I GET IT!

Not drop 15k within a single weekend on some random hookup who I'm cheating on with my husband with?

NO, HE WAS CLEARLY A CON ARTIST!

Realize that some games are just too difficult for me, move on, and play something else?

NO, I DEMAND AN EASY MODE - I'M LIKE DISABLED... OR SOMETHING?!

Be more careful when choosing foods and alter my overall lifestyle to maintain a healthy weight?!

NO, WHY CAN'T SOME SCIENTIST MAKE VEGETABLES AND LEAN MEATS TASTE LIKE MOUNTAIN DEW AND TACO BELL!?!!

The parallels between these trains of thought, and the political leanings most prominent on communities such as Era are nearly satirical at this point. I can't help but feel as though my entire generation has been brainwashed into thinking that all of their problems are somebody else's fault, and I'm so sick of hearing about it at this point. Do these people not understand how much more they could prosper in life if they didn't devote such a large portion to their time obsessing over video games and zoning out on forums?! They'd be so much better off utilizing their energy to better their situation in life and attack their issues head on. As a human being, time is your most valuable resource. Someone much more articulate than me once said that it is a more valuable position to be young and poor than it is to be old and rich. These slobs wouldn't know the difference.

*phew*

nush

I'm telling ya dude, this very thread could not stand as more concrete example representative of a large portion of that community being completely detached from the notion of personal accountability.

Apply myself into getting a better job?

NO, I DEMAND A RAISE - DAD! GIVE IT TO ME NOW, AND NO I WON'T SHOW ANY ENTHUSIASM FOR MY WORK UNTIL I GET IT!

Not drop 15k within a single weekend on some random hookup who I'm cheating on with my husband with?

NO, HE WAS CLEARLY A CON ARTIST!

Realize that some games are just too difficult for me, move on, and play something else?

NO, I DEMAND AN EASY MODE - I'M LIKE DISABLED... OR SOMETHING?!

Be more careful when choosing foods and alter my overall lifestyle to maintain a healthy weight?!

NO, WHY CAN'T SOME SCIENTIST MAKE VEGETABLES AND LEAN MEATS TASTE LIKE MOUNTAIN DEW AND TACO BELL!?!!

The parallels between these trains of thought, and the political leanings most prominent on communities such as Era are nearly satirical at this point. I can't help but feel as though my entire generation has been brainwashed into thinking that all of their problems are somebody else's fault, and I'm so sick of hearing about it at this point. Do these people not understand how much more they could prosper in life if they didn't devote such a large portion to their time obsessing over video games and zoning out on forums?! They'd be so much better off utilizing their energy to better their situation in life and attack their issues head on. As a human being, time is your most valuable resource. Someone much more articulate than me once said that it is a more valuable position to be young and poor than it is to be old and rich. These slobs wouldn't know the difference.

*phew*

Life in the bubble, "Everyone here agrees with me so I must be right!". I'm glad I didn't have internet when I was a teen, I'd have definely been posting "Woe is me" topics becuse in life everything takes longer then you think it will. These people don't even want to take the first step because it's too hard.

teezzy

Banned
Life in the bubble, "Everyone here agrees with me so I must be right!". I'm glad I didn't have internet when I was a teen, I'd have definely been posting "Woe is me" topics becuse in life everything takes longer then you think it will. These people don't even want to take the first step because it's too hard.

I've been letting my brain rot on internet forums since I was 13 years old in 2004. My father should've taken me behind the shed and offed me like Old Yeller when he had the chance.

Your profile pic gets me every fucking time.....got fingerprints all-over my screen thinking there is a dog hair on the screen

Azzurri

When ever these type of threads are brought up in REE, it's NEVER about personal accountability, but WOE is me and it's Republican's fault I don't earn a livable wage or can buy anything I want.

I understand that sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just get the shit end of the stick, but let's be honest when you apply yourself and try to better yourself albeit with learning a skill or going to school, your life and economic standing increases. In these threads when ever you mention it might be a you problem, the amount of shit you get from them is hilarious.

nush

I understand that sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just get the shit end of the stick, but let's be honest when you apply yourself and try to better yourself albeit with learning a skill or going to school, your life and economic standing increases. In these threads when ever you mention it might be a you problem, the amount of shit you get from them is hilarious

I had a job once with a long commute by car, the salary was good but eventually the rising cost of petrol pricing in the UK at the time meant that eventually I was making -£20 a month. No chance of a pay rise as then they would have to give it to everyone. So I was losing money on a good salary job.

I tried driving economically, but it was a lot of effort at it only saved me £5 a week. The effort to return was shite, so what I ended up doing is sleeping in my car outside the office for 1-2 nights in a week. Nobody knew I was doing this and my workplace had a shower, so I'd always be fresh for work. This did indeed solve my problem. Not long after that I did get a promotion so in hindsight I only did it for a few summer months.

Those fuckers, can't think outside the box, don't want to suffer any hardship or put in any effort more that just going to university and getting a (Probably worthless) degree.

Ymir

Or you could just gain some worthwhile skills so you can get a better paying job. It's not a livable wage but you're also not expected to raise a family by being a cashier at CVS.

teezzy

Banned
People also undervalue the importance of developing social skills. The ability to network and politick your way through any herd of low-wage employees up to management level positions is priceless.

I've had all types of shit gigs as the kid who cleans machines at machine shops, a bus boy, a fry cook, a night time security guard at an airbag factory, a medical waste recycling douche, a GameStop lackey, etc.

To be frank, I was never the best employee at any of those gigs, but what I quickly learned was the ability to market myself and persuade the appropriate individuals that I had a higher value, and they all promoted me quickly as a result.

I'm introverted and reclusive as hell too, I post on GAF ffs. If people took a few public speaking and basic business courses instead of gender studies and pottery or whatever, they'd be so much better off.

I'm a high school dropout with an Associate degree from a community college who has a salaried office job with "manager" in the title. It's not perfect, but I'm already looking for something better. That's what you need to do to progress in life.

It's not what you know, but who you know 9/10

Allforce

I think there are a lot of dudes there that are of a certain age that they kinda grew up on the internet, it became their substitute for real interaction, so they were never forced out of their comfort zone to learn the tools to move past that awkward adolescent phase. So here they are now hitting their 30s but still with the social skills of a 16 year old. In a way I get it, if I had been born ten, fifteen years later I might have fallen into that trap, but I had to get out there and be social and learn in the school of hard knocks because there was no alternate comfortable digital universe to live in instead at the time.

Just look at ERA threads about phones and the sheer volume of posters like "I LITERALLY NEVER TALK ON THE PHONE". Well great, good luck making a doctor appointment, calling customer service, calling a repairman, speaking with a financial advisor, etc. The list goes on and on of people who straight up aren't going to fucking deal with you via text only.

I see this all the time with my niece and nephew who are 18 and 21. Grew up with a phone in hand from like age 9-10 and basically have zero social skills except when it comes to social media. Then they're perfectly fine voicing their opinion on stuff. But in person? Forget it, might as well have a convo with my sofa. My niece couldn't even order for herself at a Subway at like age 17 and had to have her mom make a doctor's appointment for her just this summer. It's all handwaved away by her parents and excuses are made but I just can't believe the ineptitude.

My kid is almost 20 and does pretty well overall being able to handle social shit on her own but I threw her in the deep end early on a lot of that stuff and told her to figure it out. Also she had nothing but a Blackberry until her senior year in high school and I honestly believe that's the difference between her and a huge part of that age group. Just not having that 24 hour access to the internet in your pocket does wonders in how a kid develops.

For context I'm 42. Literally had my first when I was these kids age.

Komatsu

Yes, it was really sad to see sheer vitriol posted against him on that thread. No wonder he skipped off. The offending user was banned, I believe, but alas, Dark1x hasn't come back.

People also undervalue the importance of developing social skills. The ability to network and politick your way through any herd of low-wage employees up to management level positions is priceless.

I've had all types of shit gigs as the kid who cleans machines at machine shops, a bus boy, a fry cook, a night time security guard at an airbag factory, a medical waste recycling douche, a GameStop lackey, etc.

To be frank, I was never the best employee at any of those gigs, but what I quickly learned was the ability to market myself and persuade the appropriate individuals that I had a higher value, and they all promoted me quickly as a result.

I'm introverted and reclusive as hell too, I post on GAF ffs. If people took a few public speaking and basic business courses instead of gender studies and pottery or whatever, they'd be so much better off.

I'm a high school dropout with an Associate degree from a community college who has a salaried office job with "manager" in the title. It's not perfect, but I'm already looking for something better. That's what you need to do to progress in life.

It's not what you know, but who you know 9/10
How much were you making as a security guard for an airbag factory? Shit, sounds like a sweet gig...

teezzy

Banned
How much were you making as a security guard for an airbag factory? Shit, sounds like a sweet gig...

It was mind numbing and the pay and hours were atrocious. Maybe the lowest I made anywhere, and I left after two weeks or so due to finding a better job. One of the shifts was 8pm to 8am and I remember it was almost impossible not to doze off on the drive home.

I wanna say I made like $10.25 an hour (?) and I absolutely had to haggle the hiring manager to give me that much. He was like "Okay, but just don't tell the others I'm paying you this much" and I immediately knew I had to leave as soon as I was hired due to that being a real dead-end scenario.

Let me tell you, nobody wants to break into an airbag factory. I remember a few of the ceiling tiles were stained and it was my job to do rounds, and I'd make my rounds once an hour and had to write on my clipboard "yup, water stain still there 2:30 am, back door still locked 3am"

Driving the truck with the flashing lights was cool, I'll admit. Right before I started though, some dummy let an employee in without a badge, or some crap, because the guard present was on his phone and didn't notice so they had a strict no phone, no book, etc policy in place at that point.

The girl who was in charge of watching the security monitors was a Navy brat and was a total rat to the boss if anyone so much as glanced at their phone and she caught you. So you were left there for eight to twelve hours staring at water stained ceiling tiles. Nothing to do, nobody to talk to. Making $10.25 an hour and being told you're getting paid more than people who had been there for years.

The cool job was probably the medical waste one. I got to see autopsies and stuff, severed limbs being sawed up in the pathology labs, etc

If you got there early enough, you could usually blast through your entire route in like three hours and get paid for a full day. That was the best part. Some hospitals had pagers though, and you couldn't pull that crap. I was promoted to doing multiple hospitals and ended up hating it as a result.

teezzy

Banned
mindfreak191 mindfreak191 lol I just remembered. The guy I was replacing, was like in his late forties, had been there for about 3 years and was super excited because he had found a much better job. I remember asking him what it was and he was like "wal-mart deli'

lmfao i forgot that

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

Its not a livable wage when you want the newest iphone, xbox, every new videogame and pay 100 a month on streaming services.

But this is where entitlement comes in.

nush

Is it the actual longest thread? Would love that to be the case on the gaming forum

It's just broken into the top ten off topic posts of all time (Top 5 if it was in Gaming). The OP is being praised as providing a great news service service by the reetards while as the same time believing his own hype and enjoying the smell of his farts.

vo5wFKC.png

For creating a topic that's just "Is he dead yet?" repeated infinity.

mLaU1Yz.png

and armchair internet doctors giving the worst possible diagnosis they can think of.

Rd44GoU.png

InfantileGreedyAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Ionian

Socially and politically speaking, I'm mostly on board with what ResetEra generally stands for, but two things stand out:
  1. They have to take it to such extremes that so much as discussing its mere existence is a no-no. I understand not wanting to signal boost certain actors, themes and arguments, but there's unpleasant things in the world that exist. Closing our eyes and pretending they don't isn't gonna help - in fact, I say that banning any discourse about them makes it more likely for someone to seek out more info on them elsewhere. Yeah, this game's creator or this artist turned out to be a pretty dumb person, but banning users for talking about their existence? Really?
  2. They look at problems from a very USA-centric (or at the very least West European) POV. The challenges minorities face, the political spectrum, the matter of genders, drugs/alcohol/smoke - you can't pretend all of these things are literally the same in the USA, the UK, Hungary, Russia, Argentina, South Africa, Israel, Brazil, Iran, Japan, Morocco and so on. Other than a generic "respect everyone", you simply can not put the same guidelines and discussion goalposts as if everyone faced the exact same circumstances as those you find in the USA.
This means that nuance is not an option. When you talk about a serial killer or a government taking basic human rights away, you don't really need much nuance to call out a wrongdoing. But when you start discussing social discrimination, sexual encounters, genders, economy and whatnot, you can no longer just decide which side is right and no deviation from it is allowed. You need to allow nuance, you need to allow people to express perplexities over things even if, at the very core, we all agree about the same basic principles. That's what a discussion is. 100 people shouting the same thing at each other and applauding each other for saying it is not a discussion, it's just seeking validation for one's own views.

There's so many arguments where there's reasonable doubt over events, where things aren't simply black or white, where you need to take a bit of info and arguments from both sides to reach a satisfying conclusion. The fact most of these threads end with a graveyard of bans because moderation decided that only one extreme of a very specific opinion is allowed is what kills these discussions. You either repeat what's been said 200 times, you risk a ban and getting piled on for saying something different (even if it's completely respectful), or you stay out of the thread altogether.

With all due respect and I honestly mean no disrespect as what you're saying is logical;

Flaw in your argument though is sticking around for so long after you kept getting banned, then turned to another forum to air your grievances (over the course of a thesis) and then say you didn't want to be accepted when your initial argument/conclusion was honestly just a rant at the ERA mods, just on a different forum.

What's honestly the point?

You feel hard done by, yet stayed until the last moment you were permed. You would have stayed otherwise.

No offense to you dude but your posts are just diatribes.

Also welcome back, it's entirely possible to make a point here without having to drag it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom