• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even think it's possible to get banned on Neogaf anymore

when I originally created my sn it was during a time when the crazies over at ResetEra ran everything and you could get perma banned for sneezing.

I eventually did get banned once for disagreeing with someone once back in those days

I might have to change my name now if possible

it no longer serves its purpose now that mods here are no longer nazis and freedom is an actual thing

Last edited:

InDaGulag

As a recently perma-banned ResetEra member the place isn't as bad as you'd think from reading this thread. It's biggest flaws was the nihilism and hostility of many users. Any simple disagreement that got heated ended in reports and bans galore. Even still a large chunk of posters were terminally unhappy.

Posters always took the worst view of other posters. Sometimes I felt too scared to post, specifically on the gaming side where a cadre of hardcore Sony fans rule the roost. Every PC and Xbox related thread got derailed or filled with negativity from them. PCEra is close to dead now and XboxEra is slowly getting pushed out.

The off-topic side was better but the cold war between liberals and leftists, a relic of the US Dem primary has made everyone on edge. Shit tended to get heated and fast. Which once again proved ample hunting grounds for certain users to troll and provoke chaos, so they could smash that report button.

Now I'm not here to complain about my ban. I see why it was valid. It was never my intention to comes off as a racist or eugenics supporter. For the ResetEra mods reading this thread, and I know you do, I apologize for my comment and any harm it caused.

Still I don't see why, when a simple glance at my political related posts would show I'm no neo-nazi. I support BLM, affirmative action, etc. But once again certain posters always take things the worst way possible.

Whateves. Now I'm here.

Allforce

WUzR5cf.png

Haha I've been waiting or this topic over there for WEEKS.

It's everywhere but these ERA are such panic-stricken rabbits I knew this would set one of them off.

My subdivision is a War Of The Flags right now with upper middle class people trying to one-up each other in the most passive aggressive way possible. Every other house is either 7 Trump flags and yard signs, 1 giant Trump flag over the garage, or Biden/Harris signs and a million other local democrats running for various offices. Oh and like 5 rainbow flags.

I cast my vote I don't need to fucking advertise that shit. If you know me you know where I'm at without a sign in my yard.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
As a recently perma-banned ResetEra member the place isn't as bad as you'd think from reading this thread.

It's biggest flaws was the nihilism and hostility of many users. Any simple disagreement that got heated ended in reports and bans galore. Even still a large chunk of posters were terminally unhappy.

Posters always took the worst view of other posters. Sometimes I felt too scared to post

Every PC and Xbox related thread got derailed or filled with negativity from them. PCEra is close to dead now and XboxEra is slowly getting pushed out.

The off-topic side was better but the cold war between liberals and leftists, a relic of the US Dem primary has made everyone on edge. Shit tended to get heated and fast. Which once again proved ample hunting grounds for certain users to troll and provoke chaos, so they could smash that report button.

certain posters always take things the worst way possible.

Now I'm not here to complain about my ban. I see why it was valid. It was never my intention to comes off as a racist or eugenics supporter. For the ResetEra mods reading this thread, and I know you do, I apologize for my comment and any harm it caused.

futurama-fry.jpg

SkylineRKR

As a recently perma-banned ResetEra member the place isn't as bad as you'd think from reading this thread. It's biggest flaws was the nihilism and hostility of many users. Any simple disagreement that got heated ended in reports and bans galore. Even still a large chunk of posters were terminally unhappy.

Posters always took the worst view of other posters. Sometimes I felt too scared to post, specifically on the gaming side where a cadre of hardcore Sony fans rule the roost. Every PC and Xbox related thread got derailed or filled with negativity from them. PCEra is close to dead now and XboxEra is slowly getting pushed out.

Still I don't see why, when a simple glance at my political related posts would show I'm no neo-nazi. I support BLM, affirmative action, etc. But once again certain posters always take things the worst way possible.

Whateves. Now I'm here.

Why even waste energy trying to convince those loons? As soon as you fall out of line they label you and you can quote old posts or do whatever to prove otherwise but it won't fly anyway because you didn't stick to their narrative for one second. Those shitheads are insane. AJ was proven innocent, but their narrative still dictates he's a rapist. So not only that he's guilty, but also something far worse (he was accused of harrassment I think). DF's John was being dogpiled for not putting a disclaimer into a video, why should he even give a toss, and is probably also a bigot now.

Someone was feeling lonely and needed some attention

This is a good way to score some oppression points and possibly become a hero in their ranks. Look how they are applauding him without further questions.

Last edited:

Whateves. Now I'm here.

Have some self respect man, you're apologising to unhinged lunatics for them acting like unhinged lunatics. You ate a ban like everyone else who doesn't act like they're told. It's the best thing that could happen to you.

It's also amusing that you started your post by saying it's not as bad as this thread would have you believe then outline why it's just as bad as this thread would have you believe.

Welcome, anyway. Enjoy not having to second guess every little post as you hover over the 'post reply' button.

NeilH1982

Banned

Whateves. Now I'm here.

You sound like a beaten wife who's trying to convince us her husband really is a great guy.

Stockholm syndrome is a real thing. Get help

notseqi

It's 11:32AM and I opened a bottle of wine. Give me attention, please.

~snip~
Whateves. Now I'm here.
Have fun adjusting to normal. You don't need to be loved to have an opinion.

cormack12

Gold Member

Really needs that 'are you winnin' meme, but I can't find it.

Last edited:

transgender check
suffering from mental health problems check
era member checks out.

nush

A new Trans Trender has entered the arena!

Depending on the size of the hugbox he gets they'll be another one along soon enough.

Edit: Or maybe he thinks this will save him from permaban that well overdue.

Last edited:
Don't you understand!? He's the biggest industry insider they have left after the permed Stinkles. Who's even left to validate them after that, some indie developers that's only put out one game or less?

Schreier has obviously pissed off a lot of other people from his Kotaku ivory tower well before Ree existed.

Wait.. what? When was stinkles permed? What did he say/do. I hated his puritan ass.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Whateves. Now I'm here.
Enjoy your stay.

What does it means that "valid" shit, like what the fuck even is "invalid person"? They catogorize people if they are velid or not? What the fuck...

Whateves. Now I'm here.

Honestly, just the elitism of mandatory paid e-mail address is a huge turnoff from reera. Now I know GAF (to my knowledge as a new user, correct me if I'm wrong) also required one back then but come on, we're not in 2005 anymore.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!

Whateves. Now I'm here.
lol u simp

Jooxed

Gold Member

Whateves. Now I'm here.

as someone who browses both but posts here. Yes , yes it is as bad as this post makes it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Whateves. Now I'm here.

Isolation - Cults cut off members from the outside world (and even each other) to produce intense introspection, confusion, loss of perspective and a distorted sense of reality. The members of the cult become the person's only social contact and feedback mechanism.

• Cults may keep new recruits from talking to other new recruits. They may only be allowed to speak with long-committed members for a period of time.
  • Cults may not allow unsupervised contact with the "outside world." In this way, there is no chance for a "reality check" or validation of a new member's concerns regarding the group.
  • Cults typically instill the belief that "outsiders" (non-cult members) are dangerous and wrong.
Induced Dependency - Cults demand absolute, unquestioning devotion, loyalty and submission. A cult member's sense of self is systematically destroyed. Ultimately, feelings of worthlessness and "evil" become associated with independence and critical thinking, and feelings of warmth and love become associated with unquestioning submission.

• The leader typically controls every minute of a member's waking time. There is no free time to think or analyze.
  • Members are told what to eat, what to wear, how to feed their children, when to sleep ... the member is removed from all decision-making.
  • Any special talents the member has are immediately devalued and criticized in order to confuse the member's sense of self-worth.
  • Any doubts, assertiveness or remaining ties to the outside world are punished by the group through criticism, guilt and alienation. Questions and doubts are systematically "turned around" so that the doubter feels wrong, worthless, "evil" for questioning. The member is loved again when he renounces those doubts and submits to the will of the leader.
  • The member may be deprived of adequate sustenance and/or sleep so the mind becomes muddled.
  • The leader may randomly alternate praise and love with scorn and punishment to keep the member off-balance and confused and instill immense self-doubt. The leader may offer occasional gifts and special privileges to encourage continued submission.
  • The member may be pressured to publicly confess sins, after which he is viciously ridiculed by the group for being evil and unworthy. He is loved again when he acknowledges that his devotion to the cult is the only thing that will bring him salvation.
Dread - Once complete dependence is established, the member must retain the leader's good favor or else his life falls apart.

• The leader may punish doubt or insubordination with physical or emotional trauma.
  • Once all ties to the outside world have been cut, the member feels like his only family is the group, and he has nowhere else to go.
  • Access to necessities depends on the leader's favor. The member must "behave" or he may not get food, water, social interaction or protection from the outside world.
  • The member may believe that only group members are "saved," so if he leaves, he will face eternal damnation.

Antelope

Well, I just got my perma ban from Era. Apparently telling someone that they should write a polite letter to the editor about biased coverage—instead of posting on a forum—was encouraging harassment of journalists and fellow forum users.

Say what? In the real world that’s how you express disagreement and get better news coverage. A lot of games journalists are enthusiasts who picked up a pen. I don’t see why reasonable criticism isn’t allowed. (And no this wasn’t about Schrier)

Anyway, just needed to vent. I just want a place to chat about games. I consider myself far left, but I like open debate as long as people aren’t jerks. Purity tests and cancel culture are the worst of the ridiculous culture wars. I never bothered posting in any threads that were remotely political because even mild disagreement was ban worthy. Apparently even that wasn’t enough to keep me out of trouble.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well, I just got my perma ban from Era. Apparently telling someone that they should write a polite letter to the editor about biased coverage—instead of posting on a forum—was encouraging harassment of journalists and fellow forum users.

Say what? In the real world that’s how you express disagreement and get better news coverage. A lot of games journalists are enthusiasts who picked up a pen. I don’t see why reasonable criticism isn’t allowed. (And no this wasn’t about Schrier)

Anyway, just needed to vent. I just want a place to chat about games. I consider myself far left, but I like open debate as long as people aren’t jerks. Purity tests and cancel culture are the worst of the ridiculous culture wars. I never bothered posting in any threads that were remotely political because even mild disagreement was ban worthy. Apparently even that wasn’t enough to keep me out of trouble.

Welcome to the trashfire of freethinkers™. You're free to talk about games and--gasp--even criticize game journalists, if you wish.

nush

BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

Whateves. Now I'm here.

p1LLudL.jpg

lmimmfn

Its a sanity badge of honour to be banned from that shithole.

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom