• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerAzel

Don’t want to triple post, but I just saw this gem from eras new fav mod and felt it deserved to be shared.

*Unless you are a Cis White Male.
I don't understand how ERA can even keep this up. I feel for this guy, if legit, and others like him, but these people want the impossible. How can a safe environment exist for everyone when people have differing values, experiences, and needs in life? There's no quarter at ERA to even be human, because being so is to inevitably give offense even when not intending to through such distinctions. The real irony of ERA that fails them is that by attempting to make the site safer and more inclusive for everyone, it's making it safer and more inclusive for absolutely no one.

If they truly desire to create a safe space on the net, they should introduce "offense/trigger tags" in line with spoiler tags that people could use while posting if they're at all dubious about how what they say may be construed, hence explicitly shifting the responsibility of the offense taken into the lap of the one who deems to click on it. Because I honestly don't see any other way this forum can operate as it does into the foreseeable future when the moderation is getting to the point where simply being human is a bannable offense. Since these people are utterly incapable of taking responsibility for their own feelings and must run to the mods, make them take responsibility for their own actions that lead to them instead.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Why would anyone put chicken up their ass?

giphy.gif

I'm not even against the concept of safe spaces. They're just not meant to totally isolate you from the rest of reality like what these people want. They should also be labeled as such.

A message board about video games SHOULD NOT be a safe space unless that is its proposed purpose. I'd have no issues with super harsh moderation on a forum called "LGBT Gaming" or something. But Era bills itself as an all-encompassing gaming forum before it bills itself as a safe space for marginalized groups. Having basic rules against bigotry is not the same as expecting everyone to be on the exact same page as you in your bubble.

I'm not even against the concept of safe spaces. They're just not meant to totally isolate you from the rest of reality like what these people want. They should also be labeled as such.

A message board about video games SHOULD NOT be a safe space unless that is its proposed purpose. I'd have no issues with super harsh moderation on a forum called "LGBT Gaming" or something. But Era bills itself as an all-encompassing gaming forum before it bills itself as a safe space for marginalized groups. Having basic rules against bigotry is not the same as expecting everyone to be on the exact same page as you in your bubble.

Amen.

ManaByte

Gold Member

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
None of the LGBT friends I have avoid Chick Fil A.

I doubt many in general do. A few people on the internet, regardless of how loud, don’t speak for the larger group.

After finding out all the shit behind it, it just shows how easily manipulated people are to have “outrage”.

There would be far greater reasons to boycott a Chick-fil-A, not the false oppression they claim they hold over them.

Selfish frauds.

Last edited:

Corrik

They have learned they can dogpile moderators on that site also. Granted the mod post was pretty incredible, but users are just going to town on the moderator also.

nush

These kids take their chicken sandwiches too seriously

He never learns, this is from a topic where his girlfriend broke up with him because she was "Wrong" about the official start of fall.

oi1l0go.png

Bwahahahahahah OMG this is just too much!

Op drank 2 drinks and took edibles (for the first time EVER) then thought they got roofied! HONK FUCKING HONK

These are children. Small brain, dumbass children.

It looks like he drank, took edibles and drove home. What a fucking idiot. Now a mod has come in and said “continued criticism will be moderated”. I’m sorry we can’t criticise someone who broke the law knowingly and could have killed him self or others? Is an Uber that hard?

I know I've said it before, but Nepenthe being a mod truly baffles me. She repeats hotep rhetoric, encourages or dismisses unjustified violence, has all kinds of weird things with cars including misunderstanding DUIs, etc. Like, even for the space she's in, it's way too much. Does she have something on Cerium? Virtually every other staff member seems pretty in line with what we know about Cerium, but not her. Like, she's clearly a liability and could lead to the site getting in trouble at some point down the line, but few people seem to really see it that way. It's just bizarre.

Last edited:

nush

It looks like he drank, took edibles and drove home. What a fucking idiot. Now a mod has come in and said “continued criticism will be moderated”. I’m sorry we can’t criticise someone who broke the law knowingly and could have killed him self or others? Is an Uber that hard?

The topics still going, the mods are getting roasted. I'm liking this user revolt, mods have lost their balls as predicted.

They should know damn well that ERA is seriously anti-drink driving and I'm sure they have banned people just for admitting to doing it in the past. There are users there that have lost friends and family to drunk drivers, but in this case unlike the trans member they are not allowed to get angry at other users.

You can see EXACTLY what's really happened, OP is black then Nepenthe comes in and starts dishing out the bans. Then like the chicken shit she really is (Nobody buys the Angry Carlton act) runs away and lets JayC3 take all the flack.

djVGKkC.jpg

Kev Kev

Lmao how are these people getting banned for calling OP a POS when he clearly was being a POS

Mind blowing when it is and isn’t okay to call someone a POS over there

nush

I know I've said it before, but Nepenthe being a mod truly baffles me. She repeats hotep rhetoric, encourages or dismisses unjustified violence, has all kinds of weird things with cars including misunderstanding DUIs, etc. Like, even for the space she's in, it's way too much. Does she have something on Cerium? Virtually every other staff member seems pretty in line with what we know about Cerium, but not her. Like, she's clearly a liability and could lead to the site getting in trouble at some point down the line, but few people seem to really see it that way. It's just bizarre.

Diversity hire in action.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Just peeked in at that thread. Fucking wow. Nepenthe going berserk and banning people for rightfully lashing out at her friend from the Black Culture Community engaging in incredibly dangerous behavior and putting other people's lives at risk. What a horrible abuse of mod powers. NeoGAF has always had pretty much zero tolerance towards people driving under the influence and that culture carried over to Era at first, too. I guess it doesn't matter anymore, or at least not when the person who fucked up is a mod's buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

nush

Lmao how are these people getting banned for calling OP a POS when he clearly was being a POS

Mind blowing when it is and isn’t okay to call someone a POS over there

SZlNp4T.png

Perfectly fine unmodderated post. I wonder why :unsure:

There's more I've seen but I scored a hit on the first search.

SeanTron

Neo Member
SZlNp4T.png

Perfectly fine unmodderated post. I wonder why :unsure:

There's more I've seen but I scored a hit on the first search.
That's a protected member right there. Can say or do anything they want, and if you so much as quote them you'll get an instant ban.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
FeistyBoots and Kyuuji in particular have more power than anyone on that forum right now. More than mods.

I do have to wonder if there's some resentment bubbling under the surface among the mods. At least a few openly called the reaction to Ketkat's ban ridiculous and it wasn't until later that they piped up. Morrigan's post even explicitly mentioned it was consensus among the whole team.

Surely not everyone on the team would admit that their initial reaction was wrong, right?

pulga

Banned
The inmates are revolting again in that roofie thread

Screen-Shot-2019-11-23-at-8-00-33-PM.png

Nepenthe is genuinely one of the biggest dumbasses on that forum.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Lol... that promise for transparency most likely died in the Slack channel while they were building the site. If not that, it certainly didn't survive into 2018.

Lol... that promise for transparency most likely died in the Slack channel while they were building the site. If not that, it certainly didn't survive into 2018.
Get out your tiki torches, ERA. Chant with me "Mods will not replace us!"

unsure if Foxashel is serious or trolling, but this post sums the self-important paranoia over there right now:

Zk1JLL8.png

EDIT: oh goodness... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Wrbglvc.png

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

this reply...lol

pulga

Banned

Screen-Shot-2019-11-23-at-8-11-37-PM.png

lmao which one of you scumbags did this hahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom