• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That Hobbes guy totally changed his Twitter. Got rid of his face pic and bit of bio stuff. He's now changed it to a Calvin and Hobbes thing.

It looks like he deleted all his fury posts about Restera too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wrbglvc.png

Those pesky white feminists.

Meanwhile, the owner of the site is actually a Japanese American and many of the founding crew were most definitely not white people, but fuck the facts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Davey Cakes

Loving the roofie thread. It’s really refreshing to see so many people tearing apart the moderation.

I’m all for respecting authority figures but mods abusing their power is unacceptable. I understand that “keeping it civil” is the goal but you can’t force a culture of nice like that.

It may not be pleasant, but you have to let people be harsh with each other sometimes. A little tap on the shoulder (AKA a warning) just to say “hey man, that’s uncalled for” is all that should be required, at least on first offense.

Even then, plenty of people there DO think the harsh criticism is justified.

Last edited:

SeanTron

Neo Member
Loving the roofie thread. It’s really refreshing to see so many people tearing apart the moderation.

I’m all for respecting authority figures but mods abusing their power is unacceptable. I understand that “keeping it civil” is the goal but you can’t force a culture of nice like that.

It may not be pleasant, but you have to let people be harsh with each other sometimes. Even then, full bans aren’t justified. A little tap on the shoulder (AKA a warning) just to say “hey man, that’s uncalled for” is all that should be required, at least on first offense.

"keep it civil" except in literally every other thread

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It may not be pleasant, but you have to let people be harsh with each other sometimes. A little tap on the shoulder (AKA a warning) just to say “hey man, that’s uncalled for” is all that should be required, at least on first offense.

LOL. I lov this guy's post.

I think the mods misjudged the forum. They probably thought posters would be all high as a kite druggies, so coddling the OP (whose post #1 got edited or deleted!), the mods probably thought it would be one big bonfire of chumminess and everyone having a laugh at getting high.

Turns out, the posters are against what the OP did.

I think some guy in the thread said the Staff then backtracked, but I am too lazy to see what they did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Actually, most prominent members and mods love to rail against the idea of civility in situations of perceived catastrophe (which, as it turns out, is just about everything these days) or discussion about the frustrations of "marginalized peoples." If a person has good reason to be 'fucking mad' then civility is not to be expected and to even bring it up would be actioned against as an attempt to "tone police." It turns out that all flies out the window, though, when it's a mod protecting a friend.

nush

Shy is having a meltdown

VbXZ5kr.png

Dudes such a protected poster AS far as being able to drop a racist slur and not get a perma. Yet still salty whenever he gets a ban.

02btNWV.png

Sad fuck still trying to make Neo-Nazi GAF a meme.

2rRev34.png

Hey Shy, lots of people have accounts on different forums. Just as I have an Era account and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Keep whining like a little bitch because you are so entertaining.

nush

That Hobbes guy totally changed his Twitter. Got rid of his face pic and bit of bio stuff. He's now changed it to a Calvin and Hobbes thing.

It looks like he deleted all his fury posts about Restera too.

I've got them backed up and reposted them here anyway.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit... that Shy dude wanted some kind of cleansing process to happen before they started up Era to make sure they only let in the "good ones" like him.

SeanTron

Neo Member
Shy is having a meltdown

VbXZ5kr.png

Dudes such a protected poster AS far as being able to drop a racist slur and not get a perma. Yet still salty whenever he gets a ban.

02btNWV.png

2rRev34.png

Hey Shy, lots of people have accounts on different forums. Just as I have an Era account and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Keep whining like a little bitch because you are so entertaining.

1 fucking day for a targeted personal attack. If it was anyone else it'd be 6 months to permanent.

Edit: when this shit started I was assured 1 day bans would be used only to stop heated discussions from continuing and derailing threads. Instead they went from being handed out like candy to being reserved for the protected class.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shy is having a meltdown

VbXZ5kr.png

02btNWV.png

2rRev34.png

If someone is waking up and the first thing they do is get on a video game board to argue with mods about 4chan, bans, and GAF, somebody has issues.

When I wake up, the first thing I think about is taking a big piss and then getting ready to go to work.

A difference of priorities I guess.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Shy is having a meltdown

VbXZ5kr.png

02btNWV.png

2rRev34.png

If that place doesn’t care about this place, why do we live rent free in their heads?

Shy is having a meltdown

VbXZ5kr.png

02btNWV.png

2rRev34.png

This dude sounds like a big cry baby. Its hilarious he got banned in the past for saying white people are the worst, I bet my house he could say that shit today and the mods wouldn't bat an eye.

SeanTron

Neo Member
dNHF6YZ.png

Trans folx just aren't protected enough around here, the moderation of this site just isn't woke enough, what we need is a full moderator lineup of trans all-stars starting with Ketkat named as a mod captain.

Last edited:

SeanTron

Neo Member
I know I'm posting a lot but can I get something off my chest?

Had anyone here even heard of SweetNicole before ResetERA existed? They were suddenly made an admin on creation of that site and made out to like a parable of the community while I sat here thinking "who the fuck even is this and why are they an admin?"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Middleman calling out Shy

3DBod7k.png
If this guy has been banned 9 times and is still allowed to post, there's something fishy about this user, where the mods don't have the balls to permaban him.

A slap on the wrist to give an impression the mods are handling problematic posters, but some reason a permaban is out of the question.

I don't know anything about this poster except the excerpts pasted in the past page or two, so there must be some hidden shenanigans with this guy and the mods where he's kept around forever.

nush

If this guy has been banned 9 times and is still allowed to post, there's something fishy about this user, where the mods don't have the balls to permaban him.

A slap on the wrist to give an impression the mods are handling problematic posters, but some reason a permaban is out of the question.

I don't know anything about this poster except the excerpts pasted in the past page or two, so there must be some hidden shenanigans with this guy and the mods where he's kept around forever.

He posts a lot in the Black Culture Community OT.

There's an extreme political ideology that's at the root of their major problem, but it's not really a traditional one, it's not "left" or "right" as most people, especially Americans, perceive it. The amusing aspect in that regard is how they consider themselves "left of left" while the rest of their forum is a centrist-Nazi hellpit and places that aren't lockstep in a dominant strain of self-proclaimed leftism are therefore right of right of Attila The Hun, all the while they spend most of their time posting about how women need to cover up, sexual expression is bad, people who don't abide by gender/racial/ethnic stereotypes are not to be trusted, and major corporations and elites can do no wrong even if the "people" disagree, etc.

But the main problem is that their self-humorless. It was the same way when they were here before they bolted and it led to the same problems here. Oh, sure, "we have fun" and "look how wacky and random us personalities are" and so on. But self-deprecation exists only in its passive aggressive, and shall I say, weaponized form that's actually insulting others. I could go on, but the greatest tell about the lack of self-humor is how endlessly they discuss what is and is not comedic.

There's a King of the Hill episode in which Bobby goes to clown class and learns the proper ways of clowning instead of his old fart jokes and crude humor. He learns TRUE comedy. The ha-guffaw-aw-haha formula.
YgB16Xp.gif

This fails, and he is booed by the students. Hank is there to save the day though and tosses him a whoopie cushion. He jokes about the principal farting and is carried off to cheers.

The clown professor yells at the audience "THIS LAUGHTER IS ILL-INFORMED!"

ResetERA.com is not as clever as that episode's satire, but they are nevertheless in the mindset of the clown professor. Thus the obsession with the demand that comedy must not "punch down" and every other endless thread debating comedy and its purpose being literally everything but laughter.

What they actually mean when they talk about how "everything has politics" is really that the only politics that matters is power politics and this is expressed in this analysis of comedy, gaming, big-boobed anime chicks and everything else they spend all their words on. And it best expresses in how the prominent members treat the very forum itself.

Everything is about power. And power relations. This view inherently demands that one must be above another. This demands an incessant need to determine who and what is above who and what else. The claims of safety, of marginalization, of discrimination, etc. especially on the forum itself is a perverse twisting of the state in which power is obtained by the willing forfeiture by others. A trans poster on an internet discussion forum is not inherently marginalized or discriminated against on the forum itself in a recognizable way. The power of their arguments, the quality of their character, everything else creates their "status" unless they can change this equation. To do so, they must move from the broadly anonymous into a very public persona. It's not enough that you recognize their username or their avatar, you must know actual "legitimate" details about them to place them properly within the power relation framework. And since you're a good liberal, and a good person, you're willing to grant leeway if they have some kind of disadvantage. Except this disadvantage does not manifest on the forum itself, them being an asshole with terrible arguments who does nothing but ruin threads is not and should not be explained away by the fact that they come from a real world power relation that leaves them marginalized, discriminated against, victimized, etc. This is clearly and utterly absurd.

Unless the state of everything is transformed into pure power relations. It's not enough for the moderators to do their jobs poorly or inconsistently or just be stupid like Slayven, no, instead it must be a war on a specific marginalized community that is being undeserved by the privileged staff like the trans community. Ignore that they wield purely dominant power from any objective metrics, that's not the point as we've already established. The "real world" is irrelevant to literally all of this. The only role it ever plays is to establish the particular details of the current battle over forum-based power relations.

On King of the Hill someone demanding "this laughter is ill-informed" is a comedic moment, someone to laugh at. On ResetERA.com it becomes a wielding of power that to challenge is "downplaying" real world concerns when the only actual stakes are stupid posts on a stupid forum. "This laughter is ill-informed" is a brutal broadside against the ignorant who watch South Park and think it's funny because fart jokes are funny. Those people display their ignorance, their acquiescence to the privileged status quo by refusing to stand up and declare "I agree, this laughter IS ill-informed!"

The entire thing is an endless display of social signaling within power relations that matter and exist only and entirely within the forum that sometimes gets picked up by other idiots elsewhere who don't realize they're doing the same thing within their same spheres and forums and instead believe that they are actually tangibly warring in true power politics of which they never will come close to sniffing, same as the other seven billion losers on the planet.

It angers them. To not play is betrayal. Not casting off your family is betrayal. Not giving your life to the cause that is posting on ResetERA.com is betrayal. Visiting other forums is betrayal or worse. Those are all steps outside of the forum's power relations, into others, into other support and community structures, into areas outside the watchful eyes of the forum activists, into places full of ill-informed existence.

They're right, it's an utterly toxic and corrosive ecosystem. But in their hunt for saboteurs (something that recent thread literally used multiple times to describe people who did not dedicate to ResetERA.com enough) and fighting of entirely internal wars they cannot even begin to consider that the true force is not solely their perceived enemies.

Just wanted to say this is a great post.

Actually, most prominent members and mods love to rail against the idea of civility in situations of perceived catastrophe (which, as it turns out, is just about everything these days) or discussion about the frustrations of "marginalized peoples." If a person has good reason to be 'fucking mad' then civility is not to be expected and to even bring it up would be actioned against as an attempt to "tone police." It turns out that all flies out the window, though, when it's a mod protecting a friend.

Civility is reviled because it is purely a tool used by the nazi alt right incel super soldiers implanted with HITLER cells that were tasked with infiltrating Resetera, the final stronghold of progressives on the planet after the rest were devoured by gamers.

benjipwns

Banned
How can a forum profess to be a feminist space when they demonize sex work? That’s as wacky as claiming cocks aren’t male genitalia.
FACT CHECK:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-guide-to-resetera.9777/post-21141033 said:
Hate Speech and Groups

We do not allow behavior or rhetoric that attacks or discriminates against users based on race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or disability. We also do not tolerate 'slut shaming' including the demeaning of sex workers. This policy extends to support of hate movements, online or offline, that are dedicated to the promotion of the above. We ask that you not use slang or terminology coined by or associated with hate movements.

Last edited:

benjipwns

Banned
Shy is a UK "person of colour" who gets triggered by an image of white women protesting Trump. And has pages of rants against the existence of white women, solely because they voted something like 52-48 for Trump. And again, he lives in the UK and isn't American. The BCT doesn't even seem to like him really.

LionPride by comparison was just young and mostly trying to go along.
I know I'm posting a lot but can I get something off my chest?

Had anyone here even heard of SweetNicole before ResetERA existed? They were suddenly made an admin on creation of that site and made out to like a parable of the community while I sat here thinking "who the fuck even is this and why are they an admin?"
I saw her post a few times on here but she was definitely a nobody. (Not to act like I'm a somebody, I just mean I never saw the kind of "what's SweetNicole have to say?" you get on ResetERA.com.) She's very active on Discord though. Super active. That's part of how she became the first Mod Captain and was made overseer of the mods. From what I know, from people who both like and hate her, she was one of the few moderators to actually track down and talk to people, respond to things, etc.

Although she is a supporter of the Confederate Lost Cause.

Okay, not really, she did go to 'Bama or something like that though and is super defensive about people making fun of The South though. Graveyarded a few threads of harmless jokes.

Last edited:

600Breezy

Holy shit... that Shy dude wanted some kind of cleansing process to happen before they started up Era to make sure they only let in the "good ones" like him.

“Genuinely hurt by being banned for 2 weeks.”

surprise, Shy doesn’t leave the basement either. I’m starting to notice a trend with these people...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that thread is dire... Shy is losing his shit like usual, spouting all kinds of hate, and tons of others are just tearing each other apart and asking big important questions that can't end well about the state of the site ownership and moderation.

Also got a laugh out of seeing BDS announcing that anyone not from a marginalized group has no right to complain about the moderation. I'm sure they'll be screaming "shut the fuck up and just listen" at someone while spamming that report button sooner than later.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Shy seems to be under the impression that the creator of the Kiwi Farms ResetEra Ban Bot posts on GAF and openly talks about it. Is he correct or is he simply spewing even more bullshit?

benjipwns

Banned
banbot hisself may not post here but I do, and I enjoy the banbot for indicating the ResetERA.com threads most likely to contain quality content, so here's all of Shy's actionings that got him HARASSED and DOXXXED by the ResetERA.com moderators:

The one he wrote a post longer than in that thread complaining about as "hurtful" by the mods:
User Banned (2 weeks): ignoring the modpost, history of similar behavior
[STAFF]Now that members are aware of these sites, let's get back on topic and not pay attention to what other sites think of us.[/STAFF]
I honestly understand why you lot don't won't us to talk about it. But i just want to reply to these two posts.

I've gone *checks notes* more than a month without being banned. LOL. And i don't want to be put on the naughty step.
There are two ways you can interpret this:

1. Why are these people willfully debasing themselves, putting a shmuck like me on some weird pedestal of hatred. It's so sad. I pity them.

2. I am a glorious social justice warrior and bigots everywhere recoil at the sight of my fiery posts. Their hatred is proof I'm on the right track.

Why did you pick #1 when you could have picked #2?
See, that's why you're the Spider-Pig. 😄
Think of it like when you play an FPS, and you do so well the other person either rage quits or sends you hate mail out of jealousy. That's how you should interpret it, turn a negative into a positive, glass half full and all that.
LOL. No no i get that (even though i don't feel i ever posted anything worth being put on the damn VIP list on the bot) But it makes you very paranoid.
There have been fun topics in here that i wanted to post in. But then i remember i have to be careful about what i post, in case it can be used as a breadcrumb to doxx me. So i don't.

Not only in fun threads. Just in general on here, i've made a post, but just before i hit post reply, i delete it as i realised it could fuck me.

Tired of always looking over my shoulder. Ya know.

The other actionings, all of which but the last one came before the above post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ethiopia-says-british-museum-must-permanently-return-its-artifacts.38348/post-7152927 said:
User warned: for driveby post
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ethiopia-says-british-museum-must-permanently-return-its-artifacts.38348/post-7160453 said:
User Warned: Hostile inflammatory conduct within thread after previously being warned in thread.

This thread shows unequivocally that the administration of this site doesn't give the slightest fuck about people of colour, with that total lack of moderation in here.

Should just rename this site. White FeminismERA.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-cnn-poll-on-trump-approval-disapproval-ratings-across-multiple-demographics.41043/post-7660240 said:
User Banned (2 Days): Inflammatory generalisation.

Uggghhhh. Fucking white people really are the worst.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-black-culture-community-ot-3-400-years-of-choices.40002/post-10018056 said:
User banned(24 hours): It is not acceptable to antagonize any member of staff across multiple threads. Take a day off, and cool your heels.
Lol at shy antagonizing Bronson
I'm not done with him.

It is thoroughly unacceptable for a mod to come into a known problem thread, and just make jokes about it without lifting a single fucking finger to do anything about it. WHY BE A FUCKING MOD IN THAT CASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-and-the-importance-of-inclusion.53836/post-10139539 said:
User Banned (3 days): Thread derailment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/red-letter-media-star-wars-the-last-plinkett-review.64851/post-12035019 said:
User banned (1 week): hostility, ignoring a mod post, and a history of similar infractions.
Berry Phazon and Shy: Stop going back and forth. Please move on.
No, i won't drop it. As there's no reason to at all.

This poster started quoting me first. Which ended up in them accusing me of two actionable offences. Which i've been rebutting.

And lets not even get into the comment they made about my post history.

RLM's politics are a legitimate aspect of discussion in this thread. As it's part of TLJ Plinkett review. So again, i won't drop it

All you've done is now given them the excuse not to respond to me. Good job, that's some quality moderation.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sigh-kanye-west-to-be-first-musical-guest-for-snl-this-season.69082/post-12764496 said:
User Warned: inflammatory/inappropriate language

FUCK COONYE, AND FUCK HIS FANS.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-citizen-presents-citizencon-2948-keynote-10-10-2pm-edt.73095/post-13489785 said:
User Banned (1 Week): Attempting to bait posters/instigate derail. Extensive history of trolling, hostility, and antagonistic behavior despite numerous warnings and bans.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/death-stranding-a-hideo-kojima-game-strand.60900/post-20885383 said:
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility and a History of Similar Behavior; Accumulated Infractions
https://www.resetera.com/threads/shenmue-iii-is-timed-exclusive-to-epic-games-store-backers-pc-code-redeemed-on-egs-no-refund-see-threadmark-read-staff-posts-before-posting.122218/post-21705012 said:
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring Staff Post
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blizzard-has-removed-hong-kong-hearthstone-player-blitzchung-from-hearthstone-grand-masters-and-rescinded-all-his-prize-money.145695/post-25247765 said:
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility

You are a disgusting, pathetic, sub-human waste of oxygen.

nush

7OOw7E3.png

Here it is again, the "I just casually checked GAF" post they always make even though we know they hate read and report back all the damn time. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
7OOw7E3.png

Here it is again, the "I just casually checked GAF" post they always make even though we know they hate read and report back all the damn time. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I dunno who he’s talking about, but he can suck my chocolate salty balls and stay the fuck over on REEE where he can keep screeching like the limp-wristed, shut-in social reject that he is.

Or keep lurking and see what freedom, intelligence and normalcy look like.

Your choice, freak.

nush

nDwFWkx.png

You've got to respect the work ethic of EviLore EviLore modding peak GAF single-handedly and REE doesn't think he should have been allowed to earn money from all that community work!

600Breezy

banbot hisself may not post here but I do, and I enjoy the banbot for indicating the ResetERA.com threads most likely to contain quality content, so here's all of Shy's actionings that got him HARASSED and DOXXXED by the ResetERA.com moderators:

The one he wrote a post longer than in that thread complaining about as "hurtful" by the mods:

The other actionings, all of which but the last one came before the above post:

This is exactly why RetardEra gets mocked day in day out:

Replace “white” with gay/black/trans in the post saying “Fucking white people really are the worst” and you’d be banned quicker than excelsiorlef hitting the report button in every trans thread.

Shy is one of those people in real life that would get burried within 3 seconds of opening its mouth to a white person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom