• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemWalls

Apparently, a trans singer (Sophie) will be featured in CP2077. Obviously, here come the thoughtful responses:
Benefiting from a trans woman's image with one hand while denying trans people's humanity with the other.

It almost sounds like they think it's CDPR the party that's benefiting the most from this, not the still rather niche artist with less than 50K Twitter followers. I mean, that's nothing to sneeze at, but I would think she's the one who has more to gain from this.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Apparently, a trans singer (Sophie) will be featured in CP2077. Obviously, here come the thoughtful responses:

It almost sounds like they think it's CDPR the party that's benefiting the most from this, not the still rather niche artist with less than 50K Twitter followers. I mean, that's nothing to sneeze at, but I would think she's the one who has more to gain from this.
They will never be happy, doesnt matter what CDPR does or feature.
But watch them play CB2077 and loving it while shitting on it on Era

I'm a huge fan of SOPHIE's music, funny how I've found out about their involvement with the game thanks to Era's crusade against the game. While the straight males over there play outrage, actual trans artists work on the game without feeling offended by it. Curious.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

we must ignore the fact that a real trans artist is benefiting from any of this. it ruins their no-nuance narrative that CDPR is just on an unbroken phobic tangent.

USER DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS FOR SUCH A UNIQUE OPINION DO NOT ENGAGE

uq6liTG.jpg
B1IeJ8M.jpg

Banned for dismissing concerns over multiple posts.

4 posts in their whole account history, 3 of which are in unrelated threads.

Subtle

Dorohedoro

3xIg5AC.png

You can be super progressive and inclusive but it's never good enough for the dickheads on Era, they'll always look for something they deem problematic. Still remember that dude bitching about Ellie saying she hated the kid that initiated the snowball fight. "Why did she gotta say that about the black kid!?" Lol.

its like living with Big Brother hunched over your shoulder at all times over there. someone else posted a "thanks for posting this" and started off with "there are so many rules i was afraid of even posting". they are all so paranoid of one another.
I've also noticed a lot more users - some that I've never seen engaging w/ any of the political stuff and mostly stick to games - that have added the "He/Him" to their profiles. I think it's become a form of "ban armor" on there, even if it doesn't usually work real well...

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
USER DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS FOR SUCH A UNIQUE OPINION DO NOT ENGAGE

uq6liTG.jpg
B1IeJ8M.jpg
The last time I posted on Era (in 2018, I think?), I was dogpiled because of my post count too. Even though I lurked there since its inception, and was a long time poster on GAF before that, it didn't matter. They simply assumed the worst from my words, and went with it. That was the nail in the coffin for me.

It's interesting. Not too long ago, me and my friend chatted with a trans woman and her husband at a coffee shop near my home. Her husband's parents didn't accept her, so the couple had to live in an abandoned house for some time, a miserable experience as you can imagine, but she was still a wonderful and cheerful person who helped her partner out of his drug addiction and turned him into a much happier man. I spent one good hour or two with them, offered some words of support, and they told me it was great to have someone to talk to in the neighborhood. I don't care whether someone is trans or not, they are all human to me, and I enjoy their company if they're good and interesting people.

I would fit very nicely on ERA, in theory, if that place was what it claimed to be. Instead, I'm actually the kind of poster that they despise, the relaxed lurker who comes in once in a while to write an opinion that goes beyond "I agree". The perfect target for a group of people to bully around and make themselves feel strong and morally virtuous. I don't really care. It's just words on the internet.

What does bother me, however, is how insanely hypocrite those people are. Like Messofanego, on the above picture, the guy who has had his wife purchased to him by his parents. How quick are they to jump into others, mislabel them, and call them "shitbags", "human garbage" or the like. It's clear that those people have their hearts filled with hatred. It's clear they are overcompensating for something, that they are trying hard to hide something by being the most extremist morally virtuous assholes that they can be. It's all misdirection. They point fingers and blame everyone else, under the hopes that they themselves don't get noticed, or have their "sins cleansed".

Fortunately, resetera has been getting increasingly irrelevant as the gaming world becomes more and more aware of how everything is performative there, how most of the pro-trans, pro-women, pro-black activism there is nothing but a vehicle to feed into their narcissism, with no real desire to actually make the world a better place.

On a somewhat related note, I actually respected Ketkat as a poster. Not for her annoying crusade for pronouns and other insufferable far-left stuff, but because she actually elaborated on her opinions and arguments, thought critically, and did put actual effort in helping and supporting trans posters whom she interacted with. She always came of as a sincere poster to me, which ultimately lead to her last ban.

Last edited:
The last time I posted on Era (in 2018, I think?), I was dogpiled because of my post count too. Even though I lurked there since its inception, and was a long time poster on GAF before that, it didn't matter. They simply assumed the worst from my words, and went with it. That was the nail in the coffin for me (...)

I agree with it all, wise words. And yes for them its easier to ban people that disagree with them and keep the hive intact.

Last edited:

At this point, around 30 Resetera members will find no redemption in CDPR. The have a famous trans artist performing an exclusive song, they have LGBTQ+ members on the team, they support pride month and marched in the abortion protests in Poland. Do you think they accused the wrong girl of being a witch here? Just maybe?? Its deplorable and embarrassing how they go on and on about how "transphobic" and "anti LGBTQ" CDPR is, when CDPR has done nothing but show support for that group as well as minorities and women!! Kyuuji is a fuckball, messafango is a raping degenerate and zerovgm is a pedophile. They all disgust me and are only crusading to get attention.

lmimmfn

At this point, around 30 Resetera members will find no redemption in CDPR. The have a famous trans artist performing an exclusive song, they have LGBTQ+ members on the team, they support pride month and marched in the abortion protests in Poland. Do you think they accused the wrong girl of being a witch here? Just maybe?? Its deplorable and embarrassing how they go on and on about how "transphobic" and "anti LGBTQ" CDPR is, when CDPR has done nothing but show support for that group as well as minorities and women!! Kyuuji is a fuckball, messafango is a raping degenerate and zerovgm is a pedophile. They all disgust me and are only crusading to get attention.
Nothing is good enough for REEEEEE

Ol'Scratch

You are not wrong. There is quite literally no winning.
It will never be enough, much like the rest of minority era. I remember not terribly long ago there was a game that put a trans character in a rather substantial role and they raged because they looked too manly and did not look like some kind of kawaii princess. It has happened many times because again nothing can be good enough.
Let's be real, yes there will be room for improvement for a while to come but every time a company tries to move forward you have a swarm of petulant fucks screaming at the top of their lungs in their masses of dozens and shitting on the company.
And companies have to decide whether to be blackmailed and bullied by this shit, caving and weakening their creative vision or standing firm and being painted as Wychfynder Generals who keep aspiring lgbtqf (did I miss any?) children locked in their basement being tortured while feeding Trump big macs and giving him a handy.
I firmly believe that while there are so many who genuinely want to work for a better range and more options, the filth on era lost the program long ago and it stopped being about working toward positive and better alternatives and is more about "look at me look at me outrage outrage" and in a sad twist the ones like era set the people who do work for it and who are positive and are trying to help change far far back and hurt their efforts.

Astral Dog

They don't care about her, sorry but its the harsh truth they will see this trans person as 'one of the good ones' and continue bashing CDPR because it doesn't fit their agenda

You are not wrong. There is quite literally no winning.
It will never be enough, much like the rest of minority era. I remember not terribly long ago there was a game that put a trans character in a rather substantial role and they raged because they looked too manly and did not look like some kind of kawaii princess. It has happened many times because again nothing can be good enough.
Let's be real, yes there will be room for improvement for a while to come but every time a company tries to move forward you have a swarm of petulant fucks screaming at the top of their lungs in their masses of dozens and shitting on the company.
And companies have to decide whether to be blackmailed and bullied by this shit, caving and weakening their creative vision or standing firm and being painted as Wychfynder Generals who keep aspiring lgbtqf (did I miss any?) children locked in their basement being tortured while feeding Trump big macs and giving him a handy.
I firmly believe that while there are so many who genuinely want to work for a better range and more options, the filth on era lost the program long ago and it stopped being about working toward positive and better alternatives and is more about "look at me look at me outrage outrage" and in a sad twist the ones like era set the people who do work for it and who are positive and are trying to help change far far back and hurt their efforts.
The problem is that the far left degenerates of resetera think that they are a voice for change; that their minority crusades will win the day, change the world and alter the way everyone else thinks and feels. They are so, so very wrong and are only stifling actual discussion and censoring free speech. Its embarrassing and the polar opposite to what that forum started out as. They don't realize that for every negative stance they take against a developer, the less and less popular, respected and visible the site becomes. They are literally canceling themselves by being triggered all the time. Who would want to be there?? Neogaf gets it; I'm glad I'm here.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

It is bizarre to me. All my life I was raised to respect opinions even if I did not agree to them. For a short time I was involved with Jehovah's Witnesses, and one of the things that everyone used to agree was one of the crazy things about them was the whole "cutting out your family if they have a different belief" and how to them you are never allowed to deal with people who have different values.
How do people come together and move forward if everyone is convinced that their way is it and that is that. There can be no growth and no progress and that is where what they do in that shithole becomes the most dangerous. Era is a cult. Period.

Ionian

If they removed SilentPanda's constant spamming of news articles ( Which the never comment on ), the OT would look very sparse.

Poor Hobbes, he tried a few news articles and they quickly sank.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I use edge on an iPhone to browse the net and all of a sudden reeeee just has ads everywhere, like a persistent one down the bottom of the screen that follows the scroll, and ads after every few posts - looks like they’re gearing up to make maximum dollars from the holiday outrage lol.

cormack12

Gold Member
I use edge on an iPhone to browse the net and all of a sudden reeeee just has ads everywhere, like a persistent one down the bottom of the screen that follows the scroll, and ads after every few posts - looks like they’re gearing up to make maximum dollars from the holiday outrage lol.

Or lower user count ;)

KAL2006

Banned
Yeah, seems like anyone with "External Factors" causing a "Your may be late," issue on Amazon is likely fucked. All the delivery timelines I've seen show pretty much the exact same time that the "external factors," happened throughout multiple depots. That's too much of a coincidence to be anything accidental.

God fucking dammit. This has honestly ruined the entire month for me. I can feel myself going into a really fucking dark place right now and I fucking hate it. Fuck this fuck this fuck this.

Just seen this Era post. Didn't realise preorders are thus serious for people

Kiraly

I'm getting fucking sick of having to read any Cyberpunk thread on Era with the same people screeching and crying about why they're getting ignored. Well guess what, no one gives a fuck about some made up bullshit in your head. Just want to talk about the fucking game and getting excited for the game.

Also hilarious how there seems to be a 1:1 correlation between posters standing up for muh trans rights and thinking the game is shit because of writing/graphics/the most banal shit, that is shit that shouln't even matter in their woke stand against Polish tyranny yet they have to shout on every page about how shit the game itself is.

lmimmfn

I'm getting fucking sick of having to read any Cyberpunk thread on Era with the same people screeching and crying about why they're getting ignored. Well guess what, no one gives a fuck about some made up bullshit in your head. Just want to talk about the fucking game and getting excited for the game.
I think its wonderful, the more members they drive away the better, besides saves having to ban them :)

Ron Mexico

Can you imagine the number of idiots you would have to have on ignore there lol

I had something in the neighborhood of 2-300 before deleting my account. I would go through the hot button threads to weed out the idiots figuring it would make reading the rest of the site easier.

Didn't work so deleted the account. No bans, no nothing, just didn't want to be a part of that dumpster fire.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
finally, they made an argument that you can simply ignore them.

one trans individual does not speak for the community. we can then assume none of these lunatics sequestered in a transphobic space of ResetEra actually speak for the Trans community at large. we can ignore all of them. they don't speak for the community. only a very tiny bubble of nutjobs.

LG496gw.jpg

yFoMSdP.jpg

so the real issue is, it's so bad that they made a single Tweet 3 years ago that it over-rides any good they are doing by ACTUALLY GIVING REAL TRANS ARTISTS A PLATFORM.

what do they want? seriously? what the fuck are the "raised issues"? do they want to remove trans people from the game? no more gender bending ads? seriously WTF do you want?

these fucking lunatic idiots will never be happy

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
The thing is they bitched to be able to ignore them without going into them, and it was implemented!!

WKL5Pc.jpg

Mods need to grow a set here. Tell them to stick the threads on ignore and FO.

Ymir

finally, they made an argument that you can simply ignore them.

one trans individual does not speak for the community. we can then assume none of these lunatics sequestered in a transphobic space of ResetEra actually speak for the Trans community at large. we can ignore all of them. they don't speak for the community. only a very tiny bubble of nutjobs.

LG496gw.jpg

yFoMSdP.jpg

so the real issue is, it's so bad that they made a single Tweet 3 years ago that it over-rides any good they are doing by ACTUALLY GIVING REAL TRANS ARTISTS A PLATFORM.

what do they want? seriously? what the fuck are the "raised issues"? do they want to remove trans people from the game? no more gender bending ads? seriously WTF do you want?

these fucking lunatic idiots will never be happy
It’s always a fun read when one of them lets that slip. This isn’t the first thread they’ve said that to dismiss trans people that don’t agree with them but magically it’s never applied to them that maybe they’re not speaking for the entire trans community. Not particularly shocking but facts don’t matter when you want to attack people over your own insecurities.

That topic moving so much slower than the NCW OT. Awww so sad :(

Get fucked. Mods have to lock CP77 threads just so you can live in a bubble.
Even in your precious forum nobody gives a f. You’re not the center of the universe.
w9bQfWS.jpg
What the fuck is this way of thinking? Like why the fuck would one of the CDPR guys who spent the last 15-20 years building the company from the ground up to what it is today just step aside and have someone else take his place? I swear to God some of these people have no clue how a company works, to them it's just about meeting a certain inclusion quota. Also, they just keep thinking from the "US = the whole world" perspective, did some of these ever leave the US for anything other than just a London-Paris-Berlin trip?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
dismiss trans people that don’t agree with them but magically it’s never applied to them that maybe they’re not speaking for the entire trans community
yeah i don't get how someone can in the same breath say "Don't listen to them, one person doesn't speak for the community" and "listen to me, every word I say speaks for the community"

but these people are the kings of self delusion

in one thread someone posted Chelsea Manning who made a Tweet of her all excited and getting ready for the game. that person was banned for it!

Last edited:

Also hilarious how there seems to be a 1:1 correlation between posters standing up for muh trans rights and thinking the game is shit because of writing/graphics/the most banal shit, that is shit that shouln't even matter in their woke stand against Polish tyranny yet they have to shout on every page about how shit the game itself is.
Its become a parody now. Kyuuji makes sure to drop that same, tired transphobic hit piece in every Cyberpunk thread. Its clearly thread derailing and that violates the TOS, but it gets a pass?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
That topic moving so much slower than the NCW OT. Awww so sad :(

Get fucked. Mods have to lock CP77 threads just so you can live in a bubble.
Even in your precious forum nobody gives a f. You’re not the center of the universe.
w9bQfWS.jpg

Jesus H christ, these people are no different than religious zealots... diversity training.. how about you go to a "wise the fuck up" training session followed by a "man the fuck up" session... cunts

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
CDPR could capitulate to every demand and it wouldn't be enough because Era demands revenge more than change. They said it needs to be deplatformed and cancelled and anything less than that is not good enough. Rehabilitation is impossible for anyone. You can read through their political threads and see the exact same attitude toward Trump voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom