• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading posts from that place for the last 2 pages, that place should run a firesale if Tide Pod challenges and promise the winners a girlfriend and debt forgiveness as the participation awards.

Disgraceful the lot of them. It’s like reading the inner struggle of a heroine addict sans the upside of doing heroine.

i mean it doesnt excuse the owner of this site saying gay slurs to someone in public and had a case about it. which you can actively find the report online if you search for the resetera llc owner name in google. there should be no mistake where the owner stands as the owner of this community i guess then ?

UMMMMMMMM

UMMMMMMMM
Uuh oh, the bees are figuring out where the honey comes from:
brlvSoT.png

UMMMMMMMM

And banned for alt-right propaganda. This is 100% going to blow up in their faces if they actually stick to that story. Something can be found by awful people while still being verifiably true.

What's all this about? I think I found the owner's name here but couldn't find an incident about this.

QrEs8mD.png

The owner's name isn't on that page, but it is on this one (Isamu Fukui).

As for what that post is in reference to, it's this.

Last edited:
Moderating ResetERA.com is turning out worse than 'nam, here's another one:
SwC32r6.png

That's disheartening. Like I said earlier, it's just an internet forums until real feelings are involved.

There's something to be said about how Cerium and his staff are - willing-fully or not - putting in power people who don't have the shoulders, the experience, the mental health balance required to moderate a community. Who can argue someone like Nepenthe or FinalFirestalker are balanced individuals ? They're ticking bombs.

People with mental health issues or low self-esteem should be helped, not empowered like the staff are doing on Resetera. I hope it will never happens, but what if one of those moderators like Delphine, chose to end his life because she can't cope with all the hate and pressure coming his way ?

I feel for some of those people, because they're being used at best and weaponized at worst. Delphine is just a moderator, she's not in charge and yet, she's at the front-line of hate/pressure, while Cerium avoids all the heat of his poor judgement. He's sending his little minions to shield himself. Like other mods, Delphine has to follow Resetera stupid and inconsistent guidelines. The whole banning guidelines that Hecht described this week looks like a fucking quantum formula or a quintic function.

Ban X, but protect Y, unless his post counts is > or < to Z) x context², unless we're speaking A or B prominent members.

She probably doesn't even realize it herself because she's knee-deep into the job (and the cult), but the entire problem is the unhealthy environment Cerium proudly created and the upper-staff maintain. Not the deserved "hate" coming from the community.

Censor them, reeducate wrong-thinkers, build a perfect little world where people eat and shit rainbow. Listen to SweetNicole, keep everything lock tight, eat-up Hecht damage-control without asking questions. Endorse dog-pilling of bigots. Use our homemade terminology for ban reasons, protect upper-staff at all cost and most of all : give us your precious time for free... and don't forget that WE chose YOU to be a moderator of our gaming forum, by monitoring your activity for a long time.

Fuck that shit. If you're a decent and sensitive person, that's the kind of context that is going to break your spirit and make the 5th floor window looks more and more appealing. Hecht can try to sugar-coat all he wants and no amount of staff-support will prevent it from happening one day.

pulga

Banned
And banned for alt-right propaganda. This is 100% going to blow up in their faces if they actually stick to that story. Something can be found by awful people while still being verifiably true.

The owner's name isn't on that page, but it is on this one (Isamu Fukui).

As for what that post is in reference to, it's this.
Looks like Cerium has finally reared his head in the thread. All it took was someone besmirching his good name, fuck the shitshow that has been going on for the last week.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ehh... I gotta take Cerium's side on that one. The librarian in question turning out to be a fucking pedophile cannibal certainly lends retroactive weight to his accusations. In regards to the gay slurs, which I know he denies, but even if he really did use them, you have to take the times into account. High school boys in the mid-2000s throwing around gay slurs is like the epitome of "normal" for the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Cerium has finally reared his head in the thread. All it took was someone besmirching his good name, fuck the shitshow that has been going on for the last week.

I noticed. I like how he left out the article that the guy actually won in the supreme court against Cerium regarding the homophobia.

Ehh... I gotta take Cerium's side on that one. The librarian in question turning out to be a fucking pedophile cannibal certainly lends retroactive weight to his accusations. In regards to the gay slurs, which I know he denies, but even if he really did use them, you have to take the times into account. High school boys in the mid-2000s throwing around gay slurs is like the epitome of "normal" for the time.

I agree, but people on Era likely wouldn't, at least not without a very long apology.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Christ. That place continues to poison the already precarious mental health of a lot of people. Forums should be engaging, fun, and informative. Reset is more like a torture chamber that turns easygoing guys like blame space into villains.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Christ. That place continues to poison the already precarious mental health of a lot of people. Forums should be engaging, fun, and informative. Reset is more like a torture chamber that turns easygoing guys like blame space into villains.

Reset is The Matrix. GAF is the real world.

Outside of calling gay slurs "normal", I agree. Plus, Cerium probably didn't even say it like this. We have no proof he used a gay-slurs, outside of the people who defended the librarian and tried to shut the whole thing down. It wouldn't be the first time school managment tries to shut down student-abuse.

Now, perma-banning the member for raising a problem (and speaking ill of SweetNicole in the past, probably) is another poor judgement. People can shit on mods all day because they felt wronged by KetKat ban, but raise a question that concern the dear leader and you're immediately annihilated ?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Outside of calling gay slurs "normal", I agree. Plus, Cerium probably didn't even say it like this. We have no proof he used a gay-slurs, outside of the people who defended the librarian and tried to shut the whole thing down. It wouldn't be the first time school managment tries to shut down student-abuse.

Now, perma-banning the member for raising a problem (and speaking ill of SweetNicole in the past, probably) is another poor judgement. People can shit on mods all day because they felt wronged by KetKat ban, but raise a question that concern the dear leader and you're immediately annihilated ?

Just to clarify, I didn't mean "normal" as in "acceptable in wider society," but just something that was incredibly common for the era as I'm sure anyone in an American high school (or even middle school) at the time can attest.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManaByte

Gold Member

How else do you control the narrative without making those who could damage it disappear? Ban them, THEN respond to their claims so they can’t defend themselves. It’s a tactic that happened here too with past mods before the purge.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Cerium admitted that IS him in the situation with the librarian. Now what will he do when someone shows that the guy won the court case?

TrainedRage

Banned
Is there even proof she's Black? And it's a she?

Maybe Nepenthe is one those white dudes faking it for attention?????

That reminds me, wasn't there some popular Reeee guy (maybe even a mod) who was found out being a white guy who faked being a black guy?

I honestly believe 99% of posters on Era are straight white guys too ashamed to say that, so they pretend they are black, trans, gay etc... Mainly just for that pat on the back.

Prove me wrong Era lurkers. Post a pic of ur self!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I love how in places like Resetera, everyone pretends like they've never called somebody "gay" as an insult before.
Maybe they have not? I have never used gay as a slur and I am not extremely invested in LGBT issues.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I honestly believe 99% of posters on Era are straight white guys too ashamed to say that, so they pretend they are black, trans, gay etc... Mainly just for that pat on the back.

Prove me wrong Era lurkers. Post a pic of ur self!

Are you attacking them for being transracial?

Maybe they have not? I have never used gay as a slur and I am not extremely invested in LGBT issues.

how old are you and where did you grow up? I went to high school in Australia in the late 90s / early 00s and it was commonplace then.
I’m not proud of it but it still happened.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
“Lashley @ Reeee” said:
Whatever problems I have with moderation on here, it's still 10x better than the other place where you could be permanently banned for any bullshit reason just because someone didn't like you.

They still seem to think that side of GAF exists not knowing all that transferred over in the split.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
how old are you and where did you grow up? I went to high school in Australia in the late 90s / early 00s and it was commonplace then.
I’m not proud of it but it still happened.
32, from Germany. It was very common here as well (well, the German translation), but it made no sense for me to use it as a derogatory term.

ManaByte

Gold Member

They still seem to think that side of GAF exists not knowing all that transferred over in the split.

They don't get that people refer to the place as PurpleGAF simply due to that one reason.

Handel

Holy shit of course TransEra made the thread about appreciating the mods into another drama chamber about their victimhood.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit of course TransEra made the thread about appreciating the mods into another drama chamber about their victimhood.

Expressing your appreciation for the hard work of volunteers is, of course, quite literally oppression of marginalized groups who are also quite literally dying in the streets every day, you monster.

Papa

Banned

You’re forgetting that accusations are now evidence according to the rules of Ree

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
How can a volunteer role with anonymity and zero accountability be stressful? lol

It can break people who are known elements going into the role, since they get blamed for all the negative outcomes off-site regardless of their actual level of involvement or what’s actually happening behind the scenes, and their irl identities end up attached to all of it. Happened to our ex-mods over here.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It can break people who are known elements going into the role, since they get blamed for all the negative outcomes off-site regardless of their actual level of involvement or what’s actually happening behind the scenes, and their irl identities end up attached to all of it. Happened to our ex-mods over here.
And so it always comes back to what I always say: Don’t live your life on the internet, people. It’s not healthy and it’s not real.

If your irl identity is attached to your video game forum account, you’re doing it wrong.

Papa

Banned
And so it always comes back to what I always say: Don’t live your life on the internet, people. It’s not healthy and it’s not real.

If your irl identity is attached to your video game forum account, you’re doing it wrong.

It’s honestly sad how many people live through the internet rather than the real world. It’s no surprise that they try to exert so much control over their internet social groups because they have none irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom