• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
How the fuck was this guy dedicating 10 hours a day to a forum as an unpaid volunteer. He’s married and says some days he might not talk to his wife because he was busy on ERA.

Really...wtf

Seriously. Dude says being a mod is the hardest thing he ever did? How? How is that even possible, even in the most passive, innocuous of existences.

Like, dude. It's a bunch of people talking about video games in between sessions of jerking off to hentai. Quit trying to attach some semblance of merit to it, ya fuckin' weirdo.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But I cannot not point out here that if being a black woman as well as a video game forum moderator creates an intersectional scenario in one's mind in which they are having one of the hardest weeks in their life, then I have to reckon that their life is very, very easy.
I bet any money this Black woman mod who is all amped up and considers random bantering on a video game board a life defining moment, that this person sits at home all day, jobless, broke, and has issues.

If someone has to start a post on a game board to make a political point, that they are a Black woman, you, I, and everyone knows how nervious nelly this person is at a whim.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Check out the reee front page right now. I think they've hit rock bottom. 6 topics about The Last Jedi and then mix in the usual SJW compaints. zzzzzzz

pramod

Banned
"Is this how white people think slavery was/is like? "
7iicsib.png

With Resetera literally going extinct from not having babies, they are now getting even more aggressive towards a certain demographic.
Now they target Star Wars because it's space slavery is not the same as earth slavery.

Don't these morons know everyone in Star Wars is an alien?

What a genius topic. Slavery sucks. Star Wars sucks. Why not combine both?

matt360

PhoncibleBone is one of those who uses his secret FilmEra discord to organize report brigading to get people banned.

ZeroVGM is a mental case who has a reputation off the forum among movie people for needing to be in an institution.

Speaking of movie loonies, what ever happened to everyone's favorite Bobby Roberts?

Would I eat? Would I sleep? Would I cancel my plans? Would I call in sick to work? Would I talk to my wife that night?

How is this not EXTREMELY alarming? And no one there sees anything wrong with it? Seriously?

Being in an internet community is not supposed to take this kind of toll on people. It's absurdly unhealthy both physically and mentally. And people want to prop up Era as a place that cares about mental health? Are you fucking kidding me?

This has gone beyond malice. These people are sick. It's like 2 steps up from an incel community. Cerium has found a hell of a community to exploit and it's only going to get worse. It was amusing for a while, but now it's just depressing. I truly hope at least a few of these people can escape because happiness is pretty much impossible if they stay there, at least as regulars.

dream

Demonizing the entire Internet and claiming they are literally the only place they have.....
If this was anywhere off the Internet, it would be the textbook definition of a cult. But because it is the Internet, it goes completely unnoticed. I don't really know how better to define what a cult is than something like this.
Great observation. This is no different from, say, Scientology, where isolationists stay isolated by cutting off “suppressive” people.
I’m sympathetic towards people who are genuinely suffering, but, Christ, these people are so deeply cynical, paranoid, angry, and frightened, and it’s all because they live in miseries of their own making.

benjipwns

Banned
How the fuck was this guy dedicating 10 hours a day to a forum as an unpaid volunteer. He’s married and says some days he might not talk to his wife because he was busy on ERA.

Really...wtf
I'd ask how the guy found time for his real job, but I think I already know the answer.
Seriously. Dude says being a mod is the hardest thing he ever did? How? How is that even possible, even in the most passive, innocuous of existences.

Like, dude. It's a bunch of people talking about video games in between sessions of jerking off to hentai. Quit trying to attach some semblance of merit to it, ya fuckin' weirdo.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-are-you-afraid-of.1449771/post-252416097
P7P9yAy.png

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/form...by-a-lead-in-late-2015.1447928/post-252019946
4lKhMSI.png

pKmiLHJ.png

https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...lers-or-despite-everything-its-still-you.508/
RrjFwDS.png

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How is this not EXTREMELY alarming? And no one there sees anything wrong with it? Seriously?

Being in an internet community is not supposed to take this kind of toll on people. It's absurdly unhealthy both physically and mentally. And people want to prop up Era as a place that cares about mental health? Are you fucking kidding me?

This has gone beyond malice. These people are sick. It's like 2 steps up from an incel community. Cerium has found a hell of a community to exploit and it's only going to get worse. It was amusing for a while, but now it's just depressing. I truly hope at least a few of these people can escape because happiness is pretty much impossible if they stay there, at least as regulars.
The problem with Reeeeeeeee is that it's supposed to be a video game board, plus some kind of refuge for SJW and anyone from a niche or minority group to be protected. Who knew.

That's like going to sports forum where it's half sports and half LBGT topics. What the hell? What happened to just talking about Sunday Football and the ESPN Game of the Week?

The problem with that is the protectors are the mods. And ultimately the owner. And none of them in any way are trained professionals, medical experts, psychologists, or even a hotline helping operator.

So you got hundreds of people on the fringe, being fenced off in a holding spot (animals in pig pen), and watched over by moderators (farmers).

And the farmers have no clue what to do, nor should they as they aren't farmers. But you got a shit load of wild pigs all running into a big field, so Bob and Mary (who aren't farmers but simply wanted to buy a big house in the country) has to act has pseudo farmers. They don't know what to do, and most of them don't want to get rid of them (bans).

So when all these squealing pigs are starving (for attention), half the time Bob and Mary just close the window and go to bed hoping the pigs can find their own food. but sometimes the squealing is so loud they have to get involved..... but it turns out it's not as simple as feed them some grain and water. Turns out the pigs are mix of healthy pigs, sick pigs, pigs with broken limbs, and there's 18 different diseases running rampant among the herd and Bob and Mary have no idea what to do except when one pig gets too loud, they kick it out and lock the gate.

Last edited:
Yeah, this one left me breathless. Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. I truly do not mean to belittle the fact that different people respond to various stimuli in varying ways, and I don't doubt Nepenthe's sincerity that she hasn't been having a great week. But I cannot not point out here that if being a black woman as well as a video game forum moderator creates an intersectional scenario in one's mind in which they are having one of the hardest weeks in their life, then I have to reckon that their life is very, very easy.

When you're being a litteral piece of shit to other people, it will eventually get back to you full force. Internet or real-life, it's basic shit. Karma, poetic justice... whatever you want to call it.

Some think they can avoid it, by not being caught or staying in power, until they can't even look at themselves in a mirror and let it loose one way or another. That's exactly what's happening to Nepenthe (and others). Life will get back at you, one way or another. Sometime you think you're safe from problems, the other day you're looking at a wall, feeling completely empty without any reasons.

Sometimes you wonder how hard it is to just be nice, considerate, patient, fair... and trying to behave like a balanced individual ?

All those moderators have mental breakdown for reasons : they all endorsed some vile shit. Dog pilling on members, insulting people over their opinion, baiting them into getting banned from the community, mods protecting prominent members over others, calling people nazi if they sneeze the wrong way, letting unhinged posters getting away with bad attitude...

Resetera is a hateful place, that not even longtime members are happy to post-on, unless they're under the umbrella of an admin or a moderator, or have a Nintendo avatar. I can understand wanting to build an enclosed leftist community, that's entirely fair. Building a place full of injustice and endorsing resentful people to go nuclear-hate on other posters is something else. It's just internet, unless real feelings are involved and I can bet many people over Resetera felt a level of injustice. The Staff think they're smarter and wiser than life, but those people struggles to even get a hold on themselves. Just be humble and stop acting like stasi general, life will get easier from there.

Last edited:

nush

I posted in the last thread how Fiction was a bad call to being modded. Decent enough poster but she still has hangups about being bullied in High School when she's in her 30's (?).

I bet any money this Black woman mod who is all amped up and considers random bantering on a video game board a life defining moment, that this person sits at home all day, jobless, broke, and has issues.

If someone has to start a post on a game board to make a political point, that they are a Black woman, you, I, and everyone knows how nervious nelly this person is at a whim.

Definitely. At that point you’re not even confiding about challenging times with your loved ones. Not even specific acquaintances. Hell, I am all for specific types of forum support threads. You’re not even doing that. You’re targeting the literally thousands of people who might chance upon your post in a thread that really didn’t call for it; you’re screaming into the void.

Not healthy nor remotely conducive to positive personal change.

When you're being a litteral piece of shit to other people, it will eventually get back to you full force. Internet or real-life, it's basic shit. Karma, poetic justice... whatever you want to call it.

Some think they can avoid it, by not being caught or staying in power, until they can't even look at themselves in a mirror and let it loose one way or another. That's exactly what's happening to Nepenthe (and others). Life will get back at you, one way or another. Sometime you think you're safe from problems, the other day you're looking at a wall, feeling completely empty without any reasons.

Sometimes you wonder how hard it is to just be nice, considerate, patient, fair... and trying to behave like a balanced individual ?

All those moderators have mental breakdown for reasons : they all endorsed some vile shit. Dog pilling on members, insulting people over their opinion, baiting them into getting banned from the community, mods protecting prominent members over others, calling people nazi if they sneeze the wrong way, letting unhinged posters getting away with bad attitude...

Resetera is a hateful place, that not even longtime members are happy to post-on, unless they're under the umbrella of an admin or a moderator, or have a Nintendo avatar. I can understand wanting to build an enclosed leftist community, that's entirely fair. Building a place full of injustice and endorsing resentful people to go nuclear-hate on other posters is something else. It's just internet, unless real feelings are involved and I can bet many people over Resetera felt a level of injustice. The Staff think they're smarter and wiser than life, but those people struggles to even get a hold on themselves. Just be humble and stop acting like stasi general, life will get easier from there.

Hey, I read about the stuff you went through just yesterday when I asked for details and was directed to the relevant forum threads. That was some fucked up shite. Hope you’re doing better! Ever since beginning to post here far more frequently than on Era recently, I know for certain that I am feeling relieved. I never went through the nonsense that you did, though.

PanzerAzel

Jesus Christ, imagine living that life.

No wonder the place is a mess when you have mentally unstable and spineless wrecks like this calling the shots.

"Bravery" and "sacrifice"? Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously, what the fuck?
“How things were going on the forum dictated my entire life”.

Step. Outside. Ffs.

Jesus Christ, imagine living that life.

No wonder the place is a mess when you have mentally unstable and spineless wrecks like this calling the shots.

"Bravery" and "sacrifice"? Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously, what the fuck?

There are a few snippets of their post I can earnestly empathize with but everything else strikes me as a man desperately trying to get Elton John on piano solo as a montage plays out on theater screens showcasing the triumphs and tribulations of “the few, the brave, the moderators.”

For your consideration, Finale Fireworker is our studio’s submission nominee for Best Internet Drama Motion Picture.

Last edited:
Hey, I read about the stuff you went through just yesterday when I asked for details and was directed to the relevant forum threads. That was some fucked up shite. Hope you’re doing better! Ever since beginning to post here far more frequently than on Era recently, I know for certain that I am feeling relieved. I never went through the nonsense that you did, though.

Thanks for your consideration =D It wasn't hard by any means though, more like time-consuming than anything else.

Good job for getting yourself out of the cult, I'm sure you'll be far more happy without Resetera in your life. That place reeks of bad vibes. I don't know a single person that looked back, regardless of where he decided to go.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So this Finale Fireworker guy was on GAF all day, has issues, and worked at a job where he stalked someone (including messing around with schedules so they are working together), and GAF got him through his personal issues?

What advice did he get from GAF to solve his problems?

Someone told him not to be a stalker anymore?

dream

In Fiction’s defense, the people she moderated are some of the angriest, most toxic and ignorant cocksuckers I’ve ever seen on the internet. It would be an interesting experiment to chart the progression and proliferation of terms like “fuck off,” “fuck you,” and “fuck this” across the lifespan of the Ree. I’d imagine it’s exponential growth.

Thanks for your consideration =D It wasn't hard by any means though, more like time-consuming than anything else.

Good job for getting yourself out of the cult, I'm sure you'll be far more happy without Resetera in your life. That place reeks of bad vibes. I don't know a single person that looked back, regardless of where he decided to go.

Glad to hear things weren’t so bad then! I can see how they were pretty damn time-consuming though, yeah. And I appreciate the kind words! It is good to be freeeeeeee of Reeeeeeee. :p

Last edited:
In Fiction’s defense, the people she moderated are some of the angriest, most toxic and ignorant cocksuckers I’ve ever seen on the internet. It would be an interesting experiment to chart the progression and proliferation of terms like “fuck off,” “fuck you,” and “fuck this” across the lifespan of the Ree. I’d imagine it’s exponential growth.

Always liked Fiction. I agree with you that her volunteering as a moderator for a while was maybe not the best idea all things considered but based off the limited interactions which she and I shared she seemed a hell of a lot savvier than plenty of the jackasses she had to deal with. Seconded.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If Reeee is this bad, Id like to see how a mod would do in an unmoderated Stock board (like the early 2000 Yahoo stock boards), where everyone is yelling, cussing, and each side (bull vs bear) is mocking each other at losing money and calling each other idiots all day.

Last edited:

nush

Nepenthe has this whole projected image of being targeted as a black person in America afraid to leave her house because it's so dangerous out there.

Life it tough in the hood right? Except she lives here.

PAF5DjN.jpg

The "Angry Carlton" moniker is well deserved.

dream

If Reeee is this bad, Id like to see how a mod would do in an unmoderated Stock board (like the early 2000 Yahoo stock boards), where everyone is yelling, cussing, and each side (bull vs bear) is mocking each other at losing money and calling each other idiots all day.
To me, those people actually have something tangible and life-altering at stake. I can’t begrudge someone for being a dick when they’re watching their retirement go up in flames.
People on the Ree often have valid issues that they’re dealing with too, but they accomplish absolutely nothing by whining and attacking people on that shithole.

Have you ever been to r/wallstreetbets?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Really...wtf

Finale Fireworker was always cool to me while I was at Era. Really sad to see he was sacrificing so much time in his real life for that site and getting no real payback or appreciation. I hope he's able to find a more happy balance with real life and online communities.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nepenthe has this whole projected image of being targeted as a black person in America afraid to leave her house because it's so dangerous out there.

Life it tough in the hood right? Except she lives here.

PAF5DjN.jpg

The "Angry Carlton" moniker is well deserved.
Is there even proof she's Black? And it's a she?

Maybe Nepenthe is one those white dudes faking it for attention?????

That reminds me, wasn't there some popular Reeee guy (maybe even a mod) who was found out being a white guy who faked being a black guy?

Last edited:

dream

Yeah, I can’t remember his name, but I remember a YouTube video turning up where you could see this alleged black man’s creamy white aryan hand. He was militant as hell too.

of course, anyone who brings it up there gets instantly murked.

GHG

Gold Member
“How things were going on the forum dictated my entire life”.

Step. Outside. Ffs.

But should a man be entitled to eat? How many bans must he dish out before he can sleep?

Would he do the honourable thing and call in sick in order to hold the fort at resetera? There is no need to call in sick, just tell your boss the truth, I'm sure they will understand. With great responsibility comes great sacrifice. We all know that as a man there is no greater sacrifice in life than moderating resetera.

It's a warzone out there on the internet, you must police the only place where the good and moral people reside. It is of paramount importance that it's purity must be maintained. For if that is lost, we lose everything, and everything we've worked so hard for will be for nothing.

So ladies and gentlemen, I hereby ask you to divorce your republican wives, disown your nazi children, cut off your bigoted families and cast away your transphobic friends.

Choose your pronouns, vaporise your genitals and grab your vibrant hair dye. Come join us on a journey to save human society once and for all.

Join Resetera.

Only internet access and a compatible device are required. For aspiring moderators a mouse and keyboard are required - ban with rapid precision and accuracy. For scouts a keyboard and mouse is also strongly recommended - keep your RPH (report per hour) rate high to gain protected member status.

If you are a (cis) white male we strongly recommend you identify as something else - for guidance on this matter please consult one of our community managers.

You have the right to not post. Anything you say can and will be used against you, either now or in the future. Anything you've previously said and done will also be used against you either now or in the future. Resetera offers no guarantees and retains the right to ostracise you at any point, without evidence for anything you may or may not have done. Guilty by association is a valid cause for revoking of rights.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

benjipwns

Banned
It's a video on his own YouTube account (still) and when it got posted here/Voat/TheBire/etc. he instantly stopped posting on ResetERA.com and it's a "conspiracy theory from hate sites" to mention it, that one guy got a three month ban for making a joke reference to it:

RainblowDash

Gold Member
The trans community over there is a little nutty, so far as saying the site staff aren’t banning enough people even though a significant portion the staff are trans themselves. Just can’t please those fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom