• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Dawn of the Dead is Snyder's best film and might actually be better than the original

WARNING: Thread derail! Thread Derail! Please fasten seat belts!

...Dawn Of The Dead remake is a cracking movie and shows that when Zack Snyder has someone standing over him, keeping his worst excesses in check, he can deliver a very satisfying movie going experience. He only does a bad job when he's given free rein.

so the review thread goes up (full spectrum metacritic etc). Gets locked. Then another one goes up, allowing NEGATIVE REVIEWS ONLY 🤣 🤣 🤣

EDIT: omg 🤣

FzmAY4R.jpg
Walnut King? More like clown King

so far it has a 90. let's hope for a higher score. I would love to see how deranged they get.

Dorohedoro

"Hmm I strongly disagree with everything in this article. I'm gonna express my thoughts in the thread, it should spark an interesting deb--"

JA00F0m.gif

"Oh my..."

Daffy Duck

It’s hilarious to read the thread about “how great it is these reviews are tackling it head on” these reviews ain’t doing shit, they’re merely bringing it up, there’s no deep dive into any of it, just this poster exists, and it’s maybe bad

mr.dilya

Banned
I think the lesson we can take away from Resetera is that if you don't wear a frock you can fuck off

Yeah there is a "hierarchy of the oppressed" there and it's so blatant.

Ironically black folks had a lot more juice on the old gaf. They have zero juice on era. Era is strictly a trans town. They are the only group over there that will get their way no matter what.

Kayhan

91% Metascritic after 42 reviews.

It is a critical darling!

Maybe ResetEra can implement some kind of script to track if a user goes to the Forbidden Metacritic site.

I mean, Era admin B-Dubs already called for member snitches to inform on what other websites users go to so why not?

Last edited:

kiryani

The ‘trans issues’ that have happened on Resetera over the last few days

- The hype thread got reopened, and people continued talking about the game
- The OP said thanks for the support when people thanked him
- People continued to talk about the game like normal

This led to hysteria and one of the dudes getting a self requested ban.

That’s it , literally it. They then found OP’s personal twitter where he had made a MAGA joke.

The absolutely insane thing about all of this , is that an entire forum is being taken down by 10 dudes with beards saying they’re trans on the forum, they’re not trans in the real world at all, they don’t even pretend to be.

What a glorious fucking shitshow to behold.

Green Saber

And its locked.

W5pd83G.png

Last edited:

cripterion

I honestly don't know what's going on over there, it's like it became a cult or something.

If you don't call out CDPR or categorize them the same way they do, you don't get to post in a Cyberpunk thread, it all came down to that. You try to make them understand simply talking about games does no one harm, you get called scum who doesn't have empathy and prefers videogames to humankind. You get "defensive" about it, you get the axe.

I mean when all is said and done I guess they take issue with Mike Pondsmith for creating the Cyberpunk world, or Keanu Reeves for his collaboration with CDPR?

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
Yeah, count me among former ResetEra posters who recently requested account closure recently. They didn't even ask me why and I was one of the few verified accounts who still posted there. I'm deeply left-leaning in almost all facets of my politics, but there's nothing liberal or progressive about that place anymore, it's unbelieveably toxic.

And I say all this as someone with no interest in Cyberpunk.

DrCheese

That forum is ridiculous. You can easily separate the game from the political stuff by having it in separate topics.

Pin the political stuff at the top of the main thread, pin it on every page if you must, but to insist it's the only thing you *must* talk about & you must comply with a certain viewpoint, without actually discussing the game itself defeats the entire point of a "Gaming forum" - Just close it down and call it what it really is - A glorified Tumblr blog with only supportive comments allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom