• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as no one harasses, insults or dogpiles me just for being excited for Cyberpunk 2077 - I think I might🤘💯

Late to the party, but as someone who got banned from Era with a transphobe tag slapped on him, given to him for what was an anti-transphobe copy pasta made 2 years earlier, despite the hundreds of posts where I stood by TransEra, AsianEra, left-leaning social activities, etc. - you're better off leaving a place if users and staff of a place decide that your past tweets are reason enough to permaban you, despite the fact they were public all along and despite, you know, various staff members having posted really dodgy shit back on Gaf, but somehow that doesn't count. The entire incident was handled incredibly poorly, and it's pretty sad how they bullied you out of the website, as much as I disagree with the contents of off-site stuff that was shared (which, however, is 100% irrelevant when discussing Cyberpunk).

I hope for your sake you'll find a better place to discuss a game you really want to play and love. I'm still taking baby steps in here myself despite having been banned from Era months ago, but while the site has a lot of issues, users also will not harass and doxx you for unrelated off-site posts when discussing a game. On a gaming forum, I would expect that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the first time an internet forum has been held hostage by a fraction that represents less than 0.1% of registered users?

B-DUBS, BLINK "SOS" IF YOU ARE BEING HELD AGAINST YOUR WILL!

I never posted there, but I believe SomethingAwful went down a very similar path.

It's honestly probably any inevitable fate of any community or organization that chooses to prioritize "wokeness" and "social justice" or "sensitivity to marginalized groups" above everything else.

graywolf323

And its locked.

W5pd83G.png

why are they shocked? this is the ONLY thread they've allowed to be open for one of the most hyped games of this past gen & they're surprised people want to talk about it and are upset that they're restricting communication to ONLY negative reviews?

Yeah, count me among former ResetEra posters who recently requested account closure recently. They didn't even ask me why and I was one of the few verified accounts who still posted there. I'm deeply left-leaning in almost all facets of my politics, but there's nothing liberal or progressive about that place anymore, it's unbelieveably toxic.

And I say all this as someone with no interest in Cyberpunk.

you were one of the ones I follow on there that I noticed had left, they've really jumped the shark and you can see it in the thread above where they're openly telling people to just leave Era

Last edited:

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
why are they shocked? this is the ONLY thread they've allowed to be open for one of the most hyped games of this past gen & they're surprised people want to talk about it and are upset that they're restricting communication to ONLY negative reviews?

you were one of the ones I follow on there that I noticed had left, they've really jumped the shark and you can see it in the thread above where they're openly telling people to just leave Era

Yup, it's not healthy or sustainable. There was also a marked hostility towards industry folks who posted there that I didn't care for either.

cromofo

I posted this exactly 17 days ago on r/pcgaming when someone mentioned ResetEra and CP2077

they planned to ban discussion on the game for one day on this date if it had released

they're gonna have a civil war once it actually releases, especially if it reviews well and close to/beats TLOU2. nothing new tho, in the loony house that is resetera

Trouble is brewing.

NickFire

Anyone surprised by the nonsense at that shit show of a forum had their head firmly in the ground for a couple years. In my opinion, the most accurate description of that place is a mentally ill cult who promotes unstable people into deities for reasons no rational man will ever comprehend.

Whoa just seeing the reviews - better than I expected honestly. And the resetera debacle is just... well they did it to themselves didn’t they. Nobody “won” in this situation - what a strange way to frame it. No, that’s not what happened, resetera just failed on every level. Just drop the video gaming part of the site and make it a place to just discuss far left ideals in an unchallenged safe space. Just make that the priority of the site and stop pretending it’s anything other than that. There problem solved.

Ol'Scratch

I have been digging through my infernal brain meats, and I would like to be sure I have this correct.
Now, all of this....is because the game has a poster and ad and makes trans something sexy and a fetish instead of a soul crushing cross to carry and does not contain any story that praises the journey of the self hating transexual person?
And because they have feminine and masculine voices or something but do not have a specific trans pronoun?

Airbus Jr

Banned
If you ever wander why Resetera cant acept different view hate free will and different peoples opinion....is because Resetera is a communist website in disguise ( with a mixture of transmania)

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

I hope that ERA does open a review thread... hopefully the people that are now holding the site hostage will be offended enough to leave... and maybe the place can get some common sense back.

So I was reading this thread after being banned ( a tragedy and honestly I don't want to discuss it but mods I forgive you) when someone asked about good burgers.

I though...wow, just wow. How can we as a united forum, a united ERA, take this abuse, this hate.

Burgers are not to be jokes about. Mods, please do the right thing. As I will outline in the next 246 pages, I think we can all agree that much like there is no real Punk in CyberPunk....there is no ham...in a hamburger.

Don't abandon era, we need your support mods. If not for me...if not for those who speak up against CDPR and Burger King... do it for yourselves.

Please read these words...
And understand.

cyen

While for some time ERA seemed like a good place during this last few months it shows that the dream as died and its not possible to discuss anything that goes against the majority. Not even talking about this cyberpunk situation, even discussion video-game, if you are not sharing the same view as the majority the ban hammer will strike you, it just takes a few reports and it shows to kick your ass while some constantly harass others but hey, since the share the same view of the majority than thats OK. The place is turning into a dictatorship where video-game are not the center of the discussion anymore. If they don't change the way they mod the forum they will be left with a few hundred members.

Ps: I still think it's important to show and share all the bad within the industry but why not able to talk about the game itself?

graywolf323

Well, looks like I'm one of the users returning too.

(I had to make a new account as my old one was linked with an email from my ex employer)

it's getting ridiculous over there.

Feels good to be back

EviLore EviLore will probably be able to help you out, I believe there have been others he's been able to merge accounts for?

Welcome back. If you let me know the account name I can recover it for you and merge it into your current account.

:)

Last edited:

Ymir

I will never understand how a game can harm their health and safety. I mean...what the fuck...
It's even more crazy than that though, they're not even complaining and freaking out about the game right now. They're telling members to "stay safe" because people are releasing reviews about the game. Their mental breakdowns are because people wrote words about a game they don't like but didn't use the exact words they would.

Airbus Jr

Banned
While for some time ERA seemed like a good place during this last few months it shows that the dream as died and its not possible to discuss anything that goes against the majority. Not even talking about this cyberpunk situation, even discussion video-game, if you are not sharing the same view as the majority the ban hammer will strike you, it just takes a few reports and it shows to kick your ass while some constantly harass others but hey, since the share the same view of the majority than thats OK. The place is turning into a dictatorship where video-game are not the center of the discussion anymore. If they don't change the way they mod the forum they will be left with a few hundred members.

Ps: I still think it's important to show and share all the bad within the industry but why not able to talk about the game itself?

Funny that you mentioned something about dictatorship to a website that praises Lenin as their founding fathers

Last edited:

NickFire

This is just the straw that will break a couple thousand camels' backs. But it is nothing more than the same shit on a different day, and the shit has nothing to do with majority opinions being the line in the sand.

Kev Kev

we need some era meltdown soundtrack songs... dont care for 5fdp but its fitting

burn mothefuckers

Last edited:

Karunamon

It's honestly probably any inevitable fate of any community or organization that chooses to prioritize "wokeness" and "social justice" or "sensitivity to marginalized groups" above everything else.
It's the nature of the beast. Once you make "checking your privilege" and "microaggressions" a part of your culture, normal human one-upmanpersonship takes over, and you wind up in a destructive "who can be more woke" purity spiral. It doesn't, and can't, ever have an end state that is acceptable to all parties.

Most communities have a way of channeling that energy positively. Gamers have their scores and times, even everyday forums have metrics-gaming with things like post likes, karma, etc. But this goes much further and much deeper, and it's much more destructive.

Last edited:
If you ever wander why Resetera cant acept different view hate free will and different peoples opinion....is because Resetera is a communist website in disguise ( with a mixture of transmania)

Why are you making Era look cool? FWIW, I doubt communism is cool enough to be allowed on Era. They're more lib than actually leftist.

Last edited:

Relique

Despite the fact that the other site has more traffic and tends to be quicker and more thorough with posting news, I've been lurking here for years due to the more laid back attitude. People on era are just shoveling their agenda down your throat with every other post. I've been feeling more and more disgusted with the hive mind that's going on there, to the point where I never post. I am glad to be back for good and happy to see that my account is still active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom