• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kretos

Banned
7abOQH9.jpg

Dick Jones

Gold Member

JgLLthR.jpg

There are posters in here sadder about third party joycons than the person who they are made in honour of.

I'm trying to remember what "gaming" forum was it that bullied Etika to commit suicide?

This is my reminder to say fuck you Professor Beef you useless cunt.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think that's a quite optimistic view of yours and hopefully you're right, because I'd like to actually see some serious discussions and varying viewpoints on related political matters. GAF was my entry towards understanding an expansive outside world and crucial during my impressionable years. Hope it returns to that at some point.

It was better over the summer but I think some people are going through some stuff when Trump lost. People "mourned" Clinton's loss and, although they were never frame it as such, it's not unreasonable to expect people to mourn Trump's loss as well.

Give it a few months and I think it'll get back on track a little while after Biden is inaugurated.

I tend to self identify as a libertarian centrist (who has voted Republican for every presidential election except in 2020). So I appreciate the diversity of voices and I'm looking forward to cooler heads prevailing again there.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

S8oB7rx.jpg

What a meltdown, in a "video games" forum

Actually, the last thing he needs is to be spending his time on an internet forum full of people who don't have his best interests at heart - only their own. Incredibly sad to think so many of them think Reee is helping them with their mental health issues, when in actual fact it's CAUSING THEM. First and best advice for anyone suffering with mental health problems: get the ever loving fuck off the internet.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Thank you for the quick merge. With the polar extremes that two sites seemingly represent, I didn't necessarily feel like I belonged in either camp. NeoGAF being comprised of users on the more seemingly right politically and ERA being... well I don't know what that is but it's certainly not liberal or even left. For me I've always been somewhere closer to the left and liberal side of things and I hope some of the free minded and open to critique users are willing to do exactly what forums were intended for... Debate and discussion, that is why I am open to giving GAF another shot as the level of discourse seemingly is less regulated here. As long as it's not hateful I am incredibly cool with being challenged or disagreement.

Looking back, I had over 26,000 posts registering back in 2009. It feels like eons ago in some ways (I am married now, which I am sure some GAFer's know my infamous love story), and yet in other ways it almost feels like it was yesterday. The level of excitement around games and genuine fun I had with E3 around here is something I won't soon forget and it would be interesting to see if a swath of ERA users migrate back to here.

There's a decent number of us liberals here. There just isn't babysitting or instant bans for poor etiquette here. Sometimes things can get heated - It's been alluded to that I smoke meth in a political discussion once, someone once straight up told me I suck dick (I forget which one of you that was .....) but things work themselves out. We're all adults. I didn't report anyone or lash out, just move on and keep the discussion going.

I wasn't ever a heavy user of ResetEra but I of course lurk there, and even from a distance one can tell this forum is a breath of fresh air in comparison. I mean we get to discuss games frankly and make blue jokes - even about each other - without fear of getting banned with some word salad made up reason. Crazy right?

Anyways welcome back. 💯

It was better over the summer but I think some people are going through some stuff when Trump lost. People "mourned" Clinton's loss and, although they were never frame it as such, it's not unreasonable to expect people to mourn Trump's loss as well.

Give it a few months and I think it'll get back on track a little while after Biden is inaugurated.

I tend to self identify as a libertarian centrist (who has voted Republican for every presidential election except in 2020). So I appreciate the diversity of voices and I'm looking forward to cooler heads prevailing again there.
Ironic that it took a Biden win for Era to finally start imploding

Elcid

Banned
Great, now I'm watching multiple threads for the lulz. This is too good
tenor.gif

Ol'Scratch

Hey, I am about to say something very assholish as usual!
Trans ERA reminds of of the greater issue in gaming (and media as a whole).
If you want a place to fit your mold, learn to code or learn to steal code...put your money where your mouth is and make your own board. Or even just a discord to start. Make it everything you dream of.
IT is the same with games. Everyone wants people to change existing games, existing properties. Change the race or sexuality of characters and check your inclusion boxes or face the vapid wrath of the cancel cult. Hell forbid that people learn to code and put in the work and create the games they want and hey maybe they will even sell. Put the leg work out and a portfolio and make real change.
Instead sit in your basement collecting your disability checks for some social disorder and type up your impotent rage to the masses.
Every time you believe society can't get more pathetic there is reset era.

HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

Thousands of captive Resetera Users are trying to flee Resetera
fd02b6290a45400c6bf97b99354aace87616db80.gif

NeoGAF users waiting and helping Resetera users cross the Neogaf/Resetera border wall into NeoGAF
tumblr_neqieuyWck1tev04yo3_400.gif

Where NeoGAF users are applauding the reunion with their once separated friends and fellows
906006123c18e3b9ccc0afb8672e29c3891e5907.gif

Former Resetera members at NeoGAF visibly happy knowing they can discuss video games again
7c68ffd4b33d6e1c85fef2c037e0cd27310105f7.gif

@Black Chamber showing his gratitude after having made the border crossing himself
5e87eb72bef7112d7f32e08d2c057e1d9f128f1a.gif

xxberlin-wall-archive-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
S8oB7rx.jpg

What a meltdown

I really struggle to understand this. I mean what do they expect on a supposed 'Gaming Forum' and one of the biggest games coming out.

Nobody is forcing them to read about Cyberpunk, play it or watch it. They go in the threads by their own volition...well, when they were threads about it anyways. The way some of them go on about the game, you'd think they were being forced to play it or talk about it. They obsess over CDPR & people being excited about it when they could be doing other stuff if it bothers them that much.

Just log out if it bothers you that much, or post in threads not about Cyberpunk. I realise I'm talking to a brick wall nevermind. They'll keep obsessing about a game they want to 'disappear'.

tenor.gif

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

FunkMiller

There's a decent number of us liberals here. There just isn't babysitting or instant bans for poor etiquette here. Sometimes things can get heated - It's been alluded to that I smoke meth in a political discussion once, someone once straight up told me I suck dick (I forget which one of you that was .....) but things work themselves out. We're all adults. I didn't report anyone or lash out, just move on and keep the discussion going.

Fucking disgusting behaviour. What lies!

...you're on crack. We all know that.

T.Mummy

Neo Member
Ironic that it took a Biden win for Era to finally start imploding

People like that always need a villain. Trashing something bad gives them a sense of superiority and worth. Kinda sad.

Trump gone, so find something new to treat as the ultimate evil causing all your pain, because none of your problems are your fault, right?

Fuck Trump though lmao. 💯 good riddance

Ol'Scratch

tenor.gif
Fuck Frecklestein. His stupid avatar always makes me want to cave his face in even more than his pathetic posts. Oh wait that is not a nice thing to say. Ave Maria and all that.

Maximus P

tenor.gif

I think they were jumping before they got pushed

User threadbanned, further action pending review: extreme hostility against another member (who was not participating in the thread) over multiple posts

Last edited:
This is what it feels like to speak your mind on resetera:

angry-man-holding-gun-to-handcuffed-victims-head-picture-id108224296

Did they? I must have missed that.

I'm still triggered by the shit I put up with over supporting the 2A there (the pic you posted plus trigger = double pun power :messenger_fire:).

I had people asking me why I felt guns would protect my family when I had the police to rely on (posting a picture of the flaming cop cars from 2020 riots didn't win any friends), and THEN I was called essentially a monster for saying I enjoyed and believed in hunting.

Last edited:

Vire

I wasn't ever a heavy user of ResetEra but I of course lurk there, and even from a distance one can tell this forum is a breath of fresh air in comparison. I mean we get to discuss games frankly and make blue jokes - even about each other - without fear of getting banned with some word salad made up reason. Crazy right?

Anyways welcome back. 💯
More than anything I am looking forward to the outright positivity and excitement for video games. Being on ERA is genuinely like hanging out with your debbie downer friend 24/7. Even the most innocuous thing imaginable is somehow utterly offensive or detrimental to the gaming community. Everything is so belabored and bemoaned upon constantly.

It's draining.

I'm still triggered by the shit I put up with over supporting the 2A there (the pic you posted plus trigger = double pun power :messenger_fire:).

I had people asking me why I felt guns would protect my family when I had the police to rely on (posting a picture of the flaming cop cars from 2020 riots didn't win any friends), and THEN I was called essentially a monster for saying I enjoyed and believed in hunting.

The police? Don’t they want to defund it? 😂😂 I feel like they act like dogs who like to bite their own tails while they spin in circles.

ExpandKong

Banned
Man even GameFAQs is dunking on Era right now. 2020 huh.

Anyways welcome back. 💯

If it wasn't me that said it I was definitely probably thinking it but hey what happens on politics board stays on politics board am I right fellas

SonGoku

It wasn't even dumb, in what word is having a political preference a bad thing?
Only on a crazy asylum would they be banning someone for supporting a president/presidential candidate.
Its hilarious how a maga reference was all they needed to use black chamber as a escape goat in hopes of calming the inmates/larpers

Maximus P

Yeah I wanna know about this. What happened with Xbox era?

There was a mass exodus a couple of months ago. A lot of the members thought that the mods didn't do enough to stop ps fanboys shitting up every single xbox thread.

One of them made their own forum, a lot of people moved over

edit: i was invited too, but i never moved across

Last edited:
Now the person who posted the Shinobi tweet has been banned.

What an injustice. He was just following orders to snitch on users social media....
Glad to see they didn't do this for my boy BC but they did for their boy shinobi. You can't make this stuff up. If they see you as one of them, diplomatic immunity by Drake. If not, my lass you are grass.

Regis

What was the Xbox Era exodus?
@ jchung55 jchung55 Topher Topher

After the lukewarm Xbox July event Sony stans ramped up their trolling, mods didnt lift a finger, so half of the Xbox OT posters went to create their own forum called Xbox Era. The place is not that good (some Xbox fanboys are really cringe) but is not Resetera either. I play on PC, so i'm mostly there for the studio discussion, you know, with game pass on PC you can play anything they make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom