• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think they were jumping before they got pushed

User threadbanned, further action pending review: extreme hostility against another member (who was not participating in the thread) over multiple posts

"IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

HUMAN BEING EMOTIONS AND SAFETY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN STUPID FUCKING TOYS"

He screams at the posters of a so-called "video game forum."

Like, he's right. He totally is, but why would you scream that at a forum dedicated to those stupid fucking toys? Of course there are more important things in the world, but holy shit if that isn't a "This is a Wendy's, sir" moment.

Dude really needs to move on. Probably to his local Antifa chapter.

lmimmfn

There was a mass exodus a couple of months ago. A lot of the members thought that the mods didn't do enough to stop ps fanboys shitting up every single xbox thread.

One of them made their own forum a lot of people moved over

edit: i was invited too, but i never moved across
PC scene dumped that shithole a long time ago

Vire

Nope, because transphobia you can't post threads about CP2077's performance.

Jesus fuck!
I genuinely don't understand that. They were happy to have hundreds of threads about Night City Wire and this that and the other up until last week. Most certainly pocketing tons of ad revenue off Cyberpunk in general. Now all the sudden, and arbitrarily - they decided it's not acceptable to talk about the game anymore?

It's not like new information was brought to light, the same grievances people had with that in-game advertisement are still there.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PC scene dumped that shithole a long time ago

Yep. Lots of cool members bailed for MetaCouncil (another splinter forum, yay!). I signed up there and it's chill, but I just prefer things here, since PC gaming isn't my only focus and I prefer a bit more activity.

FunkMiller

There was a mass exodus a couple of months ago. A lot of the members thought that the mods didn't do enough to stop ps fanboys shitting up every single xbox thread.

One of them made their own forum, a lot of people moved over

So THAT's where X-Fighter has fucking gone!

Kiraly

S8oB7rx.jpg

What a meltdown, in a "video games" forum

Here's a fucking tip for him: Have you thought about clicking the fucking IGNORE button on any Cyberpunk threads?

Ymir

This is how people treat an actual transperson who is a reviewer in the game industry. This how REEEEERA wants to view the world, assume guilt and then attack those of your own group if they don't follow the correct narrative

Ao🏳️‍🌈@themuzzotheory·1h
Replying to (at)mollipen
Cis people should not decide what trans people should be comfortable with or not. Stop talking for the trans community. Stop equating this fucking game with civil rights.

Mollie L Patterson@mollipen·57m
...who is the cis person in this conversation, to be clear?

Ao@themuzzotheory·30m
Not me

Mollie L Patterson@mollipen·21m
Then nobody cis is telling trans people what to be comfortable with in this conversation. So I guess we're good.

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Banned
I think for everyone returning just to be aware that things considered “hate” on reee are perfectly fine here. For example I’m a full on Trumper expecting the election results to be annulled, The Insurrection Act to be enacted and the Militia to be called up to save the Republic From election fraud. (yes I’m serious!)

And there are lots of other users like Piku_Ringo Piku_Ringo H Horns Nobody_Important Nobody_Important BadBurger BadBurger and other equally (imho of course ;). ) politically misguided posters that shit all over my posts.

And that’s ok. It keeps the Politics forum interesting and engaging.

oh btw in the old days I was @Bamelin PlayStation MVP, been on the site since 2007.
I recognize a lot of our returners like Vire Vire and I’m really happy to see folks returning to the fold. Half of the people we lost weren’t SJW crazies, they were just normal people following the crowd to where they hoped they could talk about video games in a high volume posting environment.

anyways I think everyone is welcome back. As bad as SJW GAF was, reeeee turned into next level bad. Like all pretenses of even allowing free speech, gone, straight up Marxist purges. Meanwhile GAF has returned to the glory days of 2000 - 2012. High volume posting on games, autistic niche gaming discussions, a hardcore politics and off topic section all of which are moderated under an aggressive (in a good way) free speech policy.

We aren’t exactly back to where we were back when not knowing the culture was an instaban if new. And we don’t have Celebrity Mods anymore (I do miss the fun Bish posts, regardless of all the crap we found out later he pulled). But slowly and surely the site is convalescIng around an old school Aaron Swartz reverence of free speech. This should be no suprise as EviLore EviLore , many of the mods and core posters who remained are products of that generation. And thank god for that. The current “era” of progressive communistic ideology is a poison that needs to die reeeeing as liberalistic concepts of free speech come roaring back to societal and cultural relevance.

Just like GAF lead the way up until Gamergate, and then fell, now GAF can once again lead the way back into mainstream cultural relevance in the gaming world. In fact I KNOW this is going to happen. Anyone whose been here since the split watched as a badly hurt community, stuck together and through strength of will has brought back what made GAF great.

Last edited:
God this is too funny. BDubs: "I cannot understate how devastating it is to learn the truth" :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

How the fuck can you type that with the straight face?

Welcome Black Chamber Black Chamber ! I never thought you should have acquiesced to them since it was obvious they didn't want you posting there and would eventually run you out of town. That doesn't make it any less shitty and pathetic the way they carried it out. I've only skimmed through the last couple days worth of posts - there are a lot of them! - but what I saw was really shameful.

Yeah...Resetera is done. I don't think the site will last another year.

If they ban Cyberpunk or make some half ass OT where you can't even talk about the game like a normal person, they won't recover from all the lost traffic.

TONS of people are going to be looking to sites for impressions, gameplay videos, screenshots, comparisons, reviews, etc. this week. Resetera is toast.
Agreed.
Here's whats gonna happen.

They make the CyberPunk thread as requested, basic OT, links to charities and the transphobic actions they believe exist, etc.

The game hits shelves and is massive, the thread gets swamped with happy responses, people talking about builds, cool quests, moments and other stuff. Every attempt to steer discussion to the trans side is utterly ignored, not with malice but by the sheer weight of hype posts.

Someone finally has a melt down in the CDPR is transphobic thread and demands the game is banned. After a week the mods agree.

Then someone starts pointing out other game devs missteps and issues like Naughty Dog and Ubisoft, suddenly it starts to snowball.

By June 2021, the entire gaming section is sealed off and banned and there we are.
Also agreed.
How can they so freely cast these aspersions? Isn't this libelous?
It's disgusting is what it is.
I don't understand. Is voting for Trump a bannable offense over there? They want people to report individuals suspected of being "Trumpers". Isn't that a little dramatic?
Apparently it is.

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden and I got labeled a transphobe, a bigot and a "trumper" by the mods and TransEra because during someone's "research" into my posts on Twitter, I had trolled Michael Rappaport with maga nonsense in the past🤷‍♂️
Yes... "all he had to do was say the words we wanted him to say exactly as we wanted him to say them."

I almost, almost, can't believe that they think this is in some way acceptable.

The dude said his threads were open to all and for the enjoyment of all.
Putting his time and effort in for the enjoyment of his community.

However, he wouldn't say precisely what we demanded so off with his head!
Black Chamber is on GAF, was perm banned from Era even though he offered just 1 month. Era is banning any trumpers basically, TransEra has the site pretty much hostage right now. Tons of bans and meltdowns over BC tricking them, but hilarious to read.
The weirdest part about this whole shite show on Era, is that they are trying to frame Black Chamber Black Chamber as someone who is trying to sow discord in the community, instead of just someone who is really enthousiastic about the game and really really wants to talk about that.
Do they not see that sounds like a fucking whack conspiracy theory?
Some have convinced themselves that BC is actually a secret CDPR employee, and it's making them seethe even more
It was even more than that, but I won't bore you with any of it.

They are attempting to push a narrative that I was an alt-right "Trojan Horse", sent in by nazi trumpers to shill for CD Projekt Red, with the sole purpose of causing a rift on the site with the trans community. This, they say is the dastardly plot I waited 3 years and 2 months to accomplish - all the while "fooling them with my kindness and amicable nature".

That is seriously the narrative that users there are being fed and some users there are buying into it - not that I was the genuine article or anything; but that I was some kind of terrorist😂

The sad thing, is that I was being genuine and I tried so hard to make things work and to please everyone there.

Mea Culpa🤷‍♂️
Hey BC, you probably don't know me as I've mostly been a lurker at resetera, but MAN I've felt bad about how you've been treated there. I just moved back here yesterday, just because of how you were treated there. Anyways, good to see you here and I truly hope you won't release your OP at RE. That forum and those people don't deserve it. They don't deserve you! Enjoy your stay, I sure will! :messenger_winking:
ResetEra is a toxic environment.

Anyone who wants to just talk about a game Era deems "problematic" is in for a rude awakening.
Yep, it's real. It seems like by now, they feel more and more comfortable with openly dismissing and hunting down Trump supporters. Like, I can't stand Trump - I think he was a horrible president, an utter moron of a human being, and I am glad he didn't get re-elected. But voting for him should not be a bannable offense, and encouraging users to basically spy and report on the political stance of others is just really, really fishy.
I don't like Trump either - but making him a bannable offense for any reason is just lunacy.

lmimmfn

God this is too funny. BDubs: "I cannot understate how devastating it is to learn the truth" :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

How the fuck can you type that with the straight face?

Welcome Black Chamber Black Chamber ! I never thought you should have acquiesced to them since it was obvious they didn't want you posting there and would eventually run you out of town. That doesn't make it any less shitty and pathetic the way they carried it out. I've only skimmed through the last couple days worth of posts - there are a lot of them! - but what I saw was really shameful.
Dont forget Bdubs(racist, transphobic) in his thread lock message for Black Chamber's ban effectively called all REEEEEEE forum members idiots.

Nice.

TombaHat

Neo Member
"Videogame review"

m2g73a9.jpg

mkbXOvx.jpg

2p627Ix.jpg
Carolyn's acting like it's the games fault she's stuck being bag bitch at the grocery store and not Anita Sarkeesian's. I mean I get it, it's hard to blame Anita when she's busy flying from city to city giving speeches about nothing like Hillary Clinton.

#transrights and all but Carolyn really only has herself to blame for not standing up to Anita's white woman brand of feminism.

SJRB

Gold Member
Agreed.

Also agreed.

Apparently it is.

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden and I got labeled a transphobe, a bigot and a "trumper" by the mods and TransEra because during someone's "research" into my posts on Twitter, I had trolled Michael Rappaport with maga nonsense in the past🤷‍♂️

They are attempting to push a narrative that I was an alt-right "Trojan Horse", sent in by nazi trumpers to shill for CD Projekt Red, with the sole purpose of causing a rift on the site with the trans community. This, they say is the dastardly plot I waited 3 years and 2 months to accomplish - all the while "fooling them with my kindness and amicable nature".

That is seriously the narrative that users there are being fed and some users there are buying into it - not that I was the genuine article or anything; but that I was some kind of terrorist😂

The sad thing, is that I was being genuine and I tried so hard to make things work and to please everyone there.

Mea Culpa🤷‍♂️

Anyone who wants to just talk about a game Era deems "problematic" is in for a rude awakening.

I don't like Trump either - but making him a bannable offense for any reason is just lunacy.

Sup bro

What's amazing, is that had they just let the Cyberpunk thread come and go the game would likely be yesterday's news quick.

Reminder: The Game Awards are this week and we're almost certainly getting at LEAST 2 major announcements.

If TGA ends with a Silent Hill game getting announced or that MGS remake getting announced, then CyberPunk is just another game and the hype cycle hits two massive new projects.

lmimmfn

Agreed.

Also agreed.

Apparently it is.

Mea Culpa🤷‍♂️

You dont need to explain yourself or justify yourself here, youre very welcome.

Personally and you can read in this thread, i said you should grow a pair when you were on era, still stand by it :)

GhostOfTsu

Banned
What pisses me off is that they have no respect for the medium but they hide under "art critique" to push their beliefs. They call games "fucking toys" and "trans lives are way more important" but...wtf are they even doing on a video game forum then?

They don't want hype, no OT, no screenshots, no reviews, no gameplay. It's all about shoehorning their wig issues anywhere they can.

Now they have their own echo chamber where they can be miserable until they start to attack each other again.

Bye.

InDaGulag

Holy shit, i almost forgot the Xbox Era exodus that happened just a few months ago.

There was also the exodus of PC users, the Asian Summit, the Black Summit, the Trans Summit, the implosion of Poli-Era, among countless other events that lead to many leaving Era.

When I was a member it was quite astounding how much conflict and drama prevailed the forum. We were heading from crises to crises. You'd think the site's management would self-reflect on why this shit always happens? Why there are so many bans and self requested bans?

Hell this current CP2077 situation is all on them. Not TransEra, not Cyberpunk fans, and not Black Chamber. It's all them.

They tried to play both sides, all while watching things heat up to an insane degree. Trolling and heated arguments were allowed to go unchecked. Leaving a great many bans in their wake. Frankly they should have just banned CP2077 from the site. At least then there would have been less drama and unhappy feelings. If CP2077's transphobioc transgressions are as bad as the Era mods imply, then it'd be the right thing to do. So why not bite the bullet and do it?

They're trying to be both the "largest video game discussion board" and a safe space for a few prominent members at the same time. But they can't square that circle. They're going to have to choose and stop being cowards.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

They tried to play both sides, all while watching things heat up to an insane degree. Trolling and heated arguments were allowed to go unchecked. Leaving a great many bans in their wake. Frankly they should have just banned CP2077 from the site. At least then there would have been less drama and unhappy feelings. If CP2077's transphobioc transgressions are as bad as the Era mods imply, then it'd be the right thing to do. So why not bite the bullet and do it?

They're trying to be both the "largest video game discussion board" and a safe space for a few prominent members at the same time. But they can't square that circle. They're going to have to chose and stop being cowards.

giphy.gif

BeardGawd

Banned
This is how people treat an actual transperson who is a reviewer in the game industry. This how REEEEERA wants to view the world, assume guilt and then attack those of your own group if they don't follow the correct narrative

Ao🏳️‍🌈@themuzzotheory·1h
Replying to (at)mollipen
Cis people should not decide what trans people should be comfortable with or not. Stop talking for the trans community. Stop equating this fucking game with civil rights.

Mollie L Patterson@mollipen·57m
...who is the cis person in this conversation, to be clear?

Ao@themuzzotheory·30m
Not me

Mollie L Patterson@mollipen·21m
Then nobody cis is telling trans people what to be comfortable with in this conversation. So I guess we're good.
What an idiot @themuzzotheory is.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I can't help but wonder how many of those 9's would be 9.5's or 10s if they hadn't had so many bugs. That seems to be the universal complaint.

Most likely. They probably need more time, but they really can't afford to delay it again at this point. As someone who has played a lot of RPG games, I'm quite used to bugs as long as they aren't game breaking. Fallout will do that to you.

We wouldn't have got this entertaining past few days without it coming out, so I'm glad there is no more delays. Got to wonder how many people they will drive away from Reset before the week is up.

tenor.gif

Teslerum

You dont need to explain yourself or justify yourself here, youre very welcome.

Just have a big enough skin for people to have a different opinion than you and voicing it/not applauding or supporting everything you think should be applauded/supported.

... Which should be the bare requirement of a mature discussion anyway, but sadly a lesson society never really learns and is sadly moving away from more and more.

bitoriginal

Black Chamber Black Chamber dude I just wanna let you know I think the way Resetera treated you was fucking disgraceful. I was following your threads and thought you did a great job of keeping the convo on topic. You were just trying to keep shit civil and then you just got fucking bumrushed by people trying to derail the thread. Reading through GAF for the past couple of hours, I've just realised how liberating it is to actually say something rather than hold my tongue worrying I'm going to offend the wrong person and get dogpiled by these 'woke' cancel culture morons.

Like fuck me, I don't care if people are trans. Live your life, do your thing - but running out content creators and fucking up any legitimate discourse about the game outside of trans issues, on a FUCKING GAMING FORUM is just insanity. It's insanely refreshing just writing this and not giving a fuck about hurting someones feelings lol

What pisses me off is that they have no respect for the medium but they hide under "art critique" to push their beliefs. They call games "fucking toys" and "trans lives are way more important" but...wtf are they even doing on a video game forum then?

They don't want hype, no OT, no screenshots, no reviews, no gameplay. It's all about shoehorning their wig issues anywhere they can.

Now they have their own echo chamber where they can be miserable until they start to attack each other again.

Bye.
Because for a lot of people, they've made politics and identity battles their entire life. Now I know they'd screech "POLITICS IS LIFE!" but like... this isn't banning abortion. This isn't stopping gay marriage, this isn't huge life changing issue.

It's fucking video game. They want it both ways. They want video games to be worthless distractions/toys, but at the same time they are these nightmarish tools of pain and suffering and letting a bad one on the board is cause for alarm and horror and fear.

It's like...Hatred is fucking dumb. It's edgy and kind of embarrasing and stupid, but it's not hurting anyone. It's just a cringy game that everyone forgot like a month after release.

But not on Era. On Era it is but one of the mythical GAMES THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED, a totem of great cosmic power and fear that they must seal away for all time.

It's dumb as shit.

tioslash

'reviews'

Bye.

They want to maximize visibility to their drama and what better game to target than this one considering how big of a release it is.

I´m sure the mods and "trans era" are discussing how many rules and reminders they´ll put on every single CP2077 thread moving forward (obviously still flooding the threads with even more reminders, derail and personal attacks) as well as swift bans for anyone actually wanting to discuss ANYTHING about the game other than their cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom