• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven117

They tried to play both sides, all while watching things heat up to an insane degree. Trolling and heated arguments were allowed to go unchecked. Leaving a great many bans in their wake. Frankly they should have just banned CP2077 from the site. At least then there would have been less drama and unhappy feelings. If CP2077's transphobioc transgressions are as bad as the Era mods imply, then it'd be the right thing to do. So why not bite the bullet and do it?

They're trying to be both the "largest video game discussion board" and a safe space for a few prominent members at the same time. But they can't square that circle. They're going to have to chose and stop being cowards.
Yup. Have said the same thing. They needed to do what they knew needed to be done and ban the game from being discussed on their forum according to their own rules.

They didn't because they knew it would drive traffic. They wanted their cake and eat it too.

They can't even abide by their own rules and they have created an absolute mess of the situation.

Topher

Gold Member
Can we get a summary of what's happened over there? This thread is moving 100m an hour.

Cliff Notes version:

Black Chamber created the OT for Cyberpunk 2077 on resetera.
Resetera has declared CPDR a transphobic company
Certain resetera members hijacked Black Chamber's Cyberpunk 2077 OT
Shit went down
Black Chamber was banned
Hijackers were praised
Now he is here

Resetera is....

giphy.gif

Calcium

Banned
Black Chamber Black Chamber way to kick the hornets nest, bro. Hope you stick around, we aren't as bad as your old friends like to imagine.

This is exactly why Cyberpunk should've avoided the identity politics nonsense. The REEEs just want to be offended, to fuel the hatred and "oppression" that keeps them going in their miserable little lives. The rest of us are gaming.

Raven117

Im willing to be right now that its not even all that prominent in the game either but for a side mention on body transfiguration.

They have blown this so out of proportion.

Liberty4all

Banned
Agreed.

Also agreed.

It's disgusting is what it is.

Apparently it is.

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden and I got labeled a transphobe, a bigot and a "trumper" by the mods and TransEra because during someone's "research" into my posts on Twitter, I had trolled Michael Rappaport with maga nonsense in the past🤷‍♂️

It was even more than that, but I won't bore you with any of it.

They are attempting to push a narrative that I was an alt-right "Trojan Horse", sent in by nazi trumpers to shill for CD Projekt Red, with the sole purpose of causing a rift on the site with the trans community. This, they say is the dastardly plot I waited 3 years and 2 months to accomplish - all the while "fooling them with my kindness and amicable nature".

That is seriously the narrative that users there are being fed and some users there are buying into it - not that I was the genuine article or anything; but that I was some kind of terrorist😂

The sad thing, is that I was being genuine and I tried so hard to make things work and to please everyone there.

Mea Culpa🤷‍♂️

ResetEra is a toxic environment.

Anyone who wants to just talk about a game Era deems "problematic" is in for a rude awakening.

I don't like Trump either - but making him a bannable offense for any reason is just lunacy.

Between 2014 - 2017 I found myself regulating anything political I wanted to post here. It was a shitty feeling but I’d been on GAF for 7 years plus was doing the PlayStation MVP stuff ... and I mean also it didn’t seem THAT bad at the start, nobody wants to be seen as a bigot right? But then it got worse and worse the ideological suppression.

Finally in 2017 I had enough committed the crime of challenging their orthodoxy - I posted KNOWING I’d be banned.

was banned a few days later ... I came back after the purge, talked to EvilLore and got my account back. That version of GAF (which was basically the earliest incarnation of Resetera), it doesn’t exist anymore. Everyone from Evilore, to the mods to the community of posters rejects that sickness that pervaded our forum culture. It’s the same sickness btw that lead to the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia, the Cultural Revolution in China, and so many other so called revolutions.

We got to see Marxist progressivism play out on GAF leading to the Revolution to Resetera. And now we are seeing where it ends, where it ALWAYS ends be it a fucking forum board or a massive nation - Marxist purges, corrupt leaders, zero logic, reeeing emotions, and eventual collapse.

Last edited:
So what is it really going to achieve to just have an OT with text? Sounds like performative nonsense to me. Grow a pair and ban the discussion around the game if that's going to be their stance.

Topher

Gold Member
Never look a .gif horse in the mouth

tenor.gif

You are being dismissive/insensitive of Cunth's gif trauma.

Reported

Fuck... FIrefighters? :pie_thinking:

Are fires being marginalized?

Last edited:

This is the first time I think I've ever seen someone hate firefighters.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
More than anything I am looking forward to the outright positivity and excitement for video games. Being on ERA is genuinely like hanging out with your debbie downer friend 24/7. Even the most innocuous thing imaginable is somehow utterly offensive or detrimental to the gaming community. Everything is so belabored and bemoaned upon constantly.

It's draining.

Its been mentioned before but we know that we are a video games forum and we are proud of that. We also offer avenues for political and off topic discussion. But we are gaming forum primarily!

What pisses me off is that they have no respect for the medium but they hide under "art critique" to push their beliefs. They call games "fucking toys" and "trans lives are way more important" but...wtf are they even doing on a video game forum then?

They don't want hype, no OT, no screenshots, no reviews, no gameplay. It's all about shoehorning their wig issues anywhere they can.

Now they have their own echo chamber where they can be miserable until they start to attack each other again.

Bye.

They happily call them toys one moment and then act so self righteous and call them political artistic forms of expression the next moment.

Ein Bear

Hi all.

I've been growing increasingly disillusioned with Era for a while now, but the disgusting way they treated Black Chamber Black Chamber is the last straw for me. I can't be a part of that sort of community anymore. They're just a bunch of bullies.

It frustrates me just how ridiculously hyperbolic everything always gets. CD Projekt employs over 1000 people, yet one guy on Twitter makes a joke in poor taste and suddenly the entire company is transphobic.

Same thing with Harry Potter. Regardless of your opinions on JK Rowling, she's so uninvolved in that new game that she's probably never even seen the trailer. But yet again, everyone who works on it is a monster.

It just happens over and over again. Apologies are never enough. Nobody is allowed to change or learn or grow. And the actual consequences of them getting their way, which they never dare actually say, is that they basically just want lots of people who did nothing wrong to lose their jobs.

I feel that that 'prominent members' over there must just be profoundly unhappy people, as they seem to dedicate hours of their time each day to spreading misery.

InDaGulag

This is exactly why Cyberpunk should've avoided the identity politics nonsense. The REEEs just want to be offended, to fuel the hatred and "oppression" that keeps them going in their miserable little lives. The rest of us are gaming.

Why shouldn't CDPR include LGBTQ+ elements in their game, just because of drama on a small website?

They can do what they please with their game, and folks can react how they chose. And then CDPR can chose to take in or ignore the varied reactions when making new content.

That's how video games and art works in a free society.

They can't even abide by their own rules and they have created an absolute mess of the situation.

And they'll be another mess in a couple of months guaranteed. They never learn. Once Biden is sworn in as US President, political discussions are going to get heated fast and I'm not sure the mods are ready for that.

Agreed.

Also agreed.

It's disgusting is what it is.

Apparently it is.

I didn't vote for Trump or Biden and I got labeled a transphobe, a bigot and a "trumper" by the mods and TransEra because during someone's "research" into my posts on Twitter, I had trolled Michael Rappaport with maga nonsense in the past🤷‍♂️

It was even more than that, but I won't bore you with any of it.

They are attempting to push a narrative that I was an alt-right "Trojan Horse", sent in by nazi trumpers to shill for CD Projekt Red, with the sole purpose of causing a rift on the site with the trans community. This, they say is the dastardly plot I waited 3 years and 2 months to accomplish - all the while "fooling them with my kindness and amicable nature".

That is seriously the narrative that users there are being fed and some users there are buying into it - not that I was the genuine article or anything; but that I was some kind of terrorist😂

The sad thing, is that I was being genuine and I tried so hard to make things work and to please everyone there.

Mea Culpa🤷‍♂️

ResetEra is a toxic environment.

Anyone who wants to just talk about a game Era deems "problematic" is in for a rude awakening.

I don't like Trump either - but making him a bannable offense for any reason is just lunacy.

You definitely got a raw deal there.

Ymir

Yeah, you know who benefited too much from the white male patriarchy? People who risk their lives running into something on fire to save people. The nerve of those people. AFFAB

Kiraly

zXia9M3.jpg

I doubt Shinobi is stupid enough to answer him. I have more bad news for Messofanego, its turns out putting buying a wife in as expenses does not make it tax deductible.

What a fucking lunatic man, can't they just leave people alone?

Gee I wonder why Shinobi congratulated fellow colleagues in the industry instead of sucking up to fucking nobodies on an internet forum, I really wonder.

Karunamon

Why shouldn't CDPR include LGBTQ+ elements in their game

Because those elements tend to be pandering and shallow, and when they're not, they're heavy-handed and anvil-licious. In CDPRs case I can totally get the pandering - it's a dystopian, oversexualized world. It fits the lore. It makes sense.

Now compare that to something like Gone Home, or any other game where someone's entire character can be summed up as "I'M $MINORITY!!1"

Like I am seriously having a hard time thinking of a game with LGBT characters that didn't handle it in an intentionally or unintentionally cringeworthy way. It's almost like an allergy at this point, anytime I see an LGBT character in a game, I'm mentally bracing for how terribly they're going to be written. I want characters who are gay, not gay characters dammit.

You know how when COD4:MW did the nuke scene, and then there was the beeg tweest in the middle of every other game in the series, and it wound up a discredited trope? It's kinda like that. You're looking for it, and when you find it, the reaction is "oh god not this shit again".

--

And then there's the fact that this community is, by and large, toxic and unpleasable. I don't mean era specifically, I mean the contingent of people who get seriously bothered about how $minority is portrayed in $medium. You can never do good enough by them.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm old enough to remember firefighters and police officers being celebrated as heroes after 9/11.

I guess we forgot after everyone said "never forget"?

Calcium

Banned
Why shouldn't CDPR include LGBTQ+ elements in their game, just because of drama on a small website?

A small website...and the largest social media platform in addition to however many "gaming journalists" decide to slight the game over that nonsense.

The LGBT community is a fucking garbage fire of toxicity. Pandering to them never goes well, anyone who makes an honest attempt but doesn't meet the criteria of a tiny fraction of the community gets cancelled. They never appreciate the attempt, it's always "do better, bigots" with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom