• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wBUitT4.jpg

So as predicted, the OT has essentially become the Kyuuji Thread part 2. An incredibly hostile place where every other post must mention transphobia, eschewing actual discussion of the game, in an attempt to frustrate posters into getting banned. Again.

At this stage I can only assume the few remaining adults, who want to talk about games, remain there solely out of habit and this bullshit propaganda that we're all racists over here - peddled openly by Reeee admins to keep their cash cow milking.

What a pathetic, sniveling excuse for a discussion forum.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
fuck that, play the game and rub one out like a man
hw2sSS5.png

I think you're going to have to try much harder than this to expose more chud nazis in hiding, darling. (Presuming that they don't already have her on ignore.)

edit: oh good, she touched it up a little:
jiRRuY4.png
It's safe to assume literally everyone at Era is a man, or a man who claims to be a woman. Any guy that's dating a "woman" that tries to control their choice of videogames either doesn't exist, because it's either an imaginary tranny's boyfriend, or he is such a pathetic human being that he doesn't even deserve to be called a man.

Hugare

It's safe to assume literally everyone at Era is a man, or a man who claims to be a woman. Any guy that's dating a "woman" that tries to control their choice of videogames either doesn't exist, because it's either an imaginary tranny's boyfriend, or he is such a pathetic human being that he doesn't even deserve to be called a man.
Let's be better than this. We have transgender users here, good ones

And about that user "SoyPrincess", he/she was banned from Era after that post.

C'mon, "SoyPrincess". It was a subtle troll, so subtle that even you guys didnt find out lol

Paltheos

Damn, the Cyberpunk OT is up... and I anticipate it not being nearly enough to satisfy the nutters. There was one guy arguing for a stickied notification at the top of each page so that anyone posting in the topic would have to see the alleged transphobia fears. As is, what I anticipate the topic becoming, is exactly the same as the old Cyberpunk OT: A bunch of users screaming about CDPR being an awful company and a bevy of users not responding whatsoever and just talking about how much they love the game, ostensibly because all of the loudest, craziest users have all been put on ignore. Inevitably the former group will explode at or about the latter for being insensitive monsters.

It'll be glorious.

Interestingly, the Era mod team left themselves outs in the rules.
  • Avoid sweeping generalizations about people who enjoy the game.
  • Do not engage in personal attacks on other members, directly or indirectly.
  • Do not litigate the existence of this thread; you may be subject to a threadban.
How much they leverage this remains to be seen but it... should be interesting as the tension ratchets up. After pouring over everything surrounding this fiasco (and my past experience lurking), I think the mod team and the crazies have a delicate balance to their relationship. The crazies will say generally whatever they want, up to and including questioning the staff, without repercussion so long as their political beliefs align with the staff's, but they usually stay the line when there's a direct order from the top about a line and where it's drawn (in other words, the crazies do still know their place). The outrage about Cyberpunk... seems to have hit a fever pitch though, so I don't know if they'll boil over. In any event this has been some marvelous schadenfreude. Thank you for the entertainment, Era.

BeardGawd

Banned
it’s pretty amazing that an entire company that has hundreds (thousands?) of employees is suddenly transphobic just because somebody made an insensitive remark

does that mean ResetERA is a fascist, racist, transphobic place (their words, not mine) because of the graveyard of bans that occurred for members saying pretty harmless things or being trump supporters, too?

I mean, they posted on ERA, therefore all of ERA is guilty!
It's lost on them that they are complete hypocrites. CDPR even fired the community manager guy but it still wasn't enough! I wonder why?

The real issue is CDPR did not bow to their whims. These arrogant ResetEra mods felt they had more power and sway in the industry than they really do. That's what really infuriates them. This game will be a huge success and not a single person (even trans) that I know thinks the game is transphobic. How dare anyone not agree with their narrative! How dare this game be a success! It reeks of someone drunk off their own supposed power.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Damn, the Cyberpunk OT is up... and I anticipate it not being nearly enough to satisfy the nutters. There was one guy arguing for a stickied notification at the top of each page so that anyone posting in the topic would have to see the alleged transphobia fears. As is, what I anticipate the topic becoming, is exactly the same as the old Cyberpunk OT: A bunch of users screaming about CDPR being an awful company and a bevy of users not responding whatsoever and just talking about how much they love the game, ostensibly because all of the loudest, craziest users have all been put on ignore. Inevitably the former group will explode at or about the latter for being insensitive monsters.

It'll be glorious.

Interestingly, the Era mod team left themselves outs in the rules.
  • Avoid sweeping generalizations about people who enjoy the game.
  • Do not engage in personal attacks on other members, directly or indirectly.
  • Do not litigate the existence of this thread; you may be subject to a threadban.
How much they leverage this remains to be seen but it... should be interesting as the tension ratchets up. After pouring over everything surrounding this fiasco (and my past experience lurking), I think the mod team and the crazies have a delicate balance to their relationship. The crazies will say generally whatever they want, up to and including questioning the staff, without repercussion so long as their political beliefs align with the staff's, but they usually stay the line when there's a direct order from the top about a line and where it's drawn (in other words, the crazies do still know their place). The outrage about Cyberpunk... seems to have hit a fever pitch though, so I don't know if they'll boil over. In any event this has been some marvelous schadenfreude. Thank you for the entertainment, Era.
The game has already scored big reviews scores so that's already a giant punch to the gut. When CDR or NPD tell the world 2077 sold a shit ton of copies (who knows how fast that info will come), it will be a trainwreck running into a trainwreck over there.

No doubt they were hoping 2077 would get middling reviews but that hope and prayer is dead. Reviewers love it, and that is a slap at them too.

The next hope is sales.

At some point CDR will do a tweet saying they love gamers for buying their highly rated game in the millions. This will be the final nail. And going by CDR's way of PR they will likely rub it in.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
There was also the exodus of PC users, the Asian Summit, the Black Summit, the Trans Summit, the implosion of Poli-Era, among countless other events that lead to many leaving Era.
Wow so many unhappy campers? What was the deal with Poli-Era? Was it comprised of the same people who were in PoliGAF back in the day?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Whether one likes him or not, it's undeniable that EviLore EviLore 's heart is in it for the community and not to make a quick buck. He turned down 10 million Bison Bucks and told The Man fuck you right to his face, metaphorically speaking. That first guiding principle speaks volumes in terms of informing the subsequent actions of building a free and open forum that is dedicated to vidya games.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
7 pages about bugs and epilepsy because they are all terrorized of saying something positive about the GOTG that is getting praised everywhere else.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
80% of their OT is about transphobia, 15 about epilepsy (please don't play this game, please!) and only 5% about actual game and reviews 😂😂😂
Gaming forum my ass
Well it started ok.

The initial gamers had talked about bugs, how does the game runs on a 1060 gpu?, and one guy even posted about being able to buy it for $40 if you do an Amazon credit card.

Good intentions guys trying to get an OT going. But you lost.

Elcid

Banned
Let's be better than this. We have transgender users here, good ones

And about that user "SoyPrincess", he/she was banned from Era after that post.

C'mon, "SoyPrincess". It was a subtle troll, so subtle that even you guys didnt find out lol
I never said anything about our users, I said their users. Our users can claim whatever pronoun they want.
As for SoyPrincess, you never know with these people.
Honestly it feels like their entire existence as a forum is a fucking troll on society.

Maximus P

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the vocal users are trolls with the intent on taking the whole forum down.

Some of the shit I've read over the past few days is borderline psychotic. The mods have backed themselves into a corner and now will eventually have to give in to also censoring Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, Naughtydog and many other studios that have been found to have not so perfect practices.

wym in like deus ex and blade runner despite all the awesome visuals there's a sense of dread in the air at all times.
For the viewer to experience too along with the protagonist👍
*yawn*
black chamber got swarmed by accusations. instead of answering he literally went offline. made a sandwich. took a nap. and when he logged into the forum again he went from being the cp2077 OT creator to being a 6d chess kgb trumper transphobic spy 4chan trojan horse that had been undercover for 3 years with the sole purpose of destroying resetera from inside and erasing trans lives
The saddest part of that is some users there actually believe that ridiculous nonsense. Nobody would or could plan out something like that. And to last for 3 years.

BeardGawd

Banned
PS9 trying to convince himself that all reviews are in CDPRs pocket and soon "real reviews" will bring metacritic's score down
If anything there will be an influx of bad reviews to gain some clout at resetera (see polygon). They will have zero impact on the game's success tho.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I am conflicted, I'm a lefty, always will be. I likely won't engage in much political talk here as I disagree with a lot of takes here but I am hoping I can come here and talk about games.
Personally, I don't think that's a good reason to not engage. Good ideas only rise to the top via rigorous debate and discussion tempered by reasonable epistemology. However, not everyone feels the same, so if you'd rather not, to each their own, and I respect that choice.

Regis

PS9 trying to convince himself that all reviews are in CDPRs pocket and soon "real reviews" will bring metacritic's score down
I could see it getting to 88 MC (lowest) but that's it.
Yes, some outlets will play the attention whore role (Metro.co.uk will surely give it a 6, maybe a 4, lol) but the hype train will still be strong with the majority of outlets, despite the bugs.

Last edited:

ivan.k

CDPR started a destruction, then Black Chamber strikes from inside, banshee masterfully destroying what's left of Era, and Warner Bros prepare for final headshot with Harry Potter. End of an Era 🤡

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
CDPR started a destruction, then Black Chamber strikes from inside, banshee masterfully destroying what's left of Era, and Warner Bros prepare for final headshot with Harry Potter. End of Era 🤡
That Harry Potter next gen game ill sell a ton. And if it's as good as those leaked videos look, it'll get some nice metacritic scores too.

A giant slap in the face to Reeee, which will show again (like 2077) reviewers and gamers care more about gaming than social issues.

Self victimization will continue because nobodies loves them, and they can't understand why videogames (out of all industries?!?!) won't bend to their demands.

Last edited:
I am conflicted, I'm a lefty, always will be. I likely won't engage in much political talk here as I disagree with a lot of takes here but I am hoping I can come here and talk about games.
That's what discussions are for, mate. Please engage.

You will find you will get some flak, but it will be always sincere and honest and you won't get banned for voicing your opinion.

Ozzie666

Guys, explain things to me in basic terms. I really don't understand, any of it. I don't understand this world we live in any more.

Would certain groups be happy if 2077 didn't include them at all? wouldn't they just complain about not being represented in game? or are they just upset with how their group is represented? and honestly, why is it on the developers to bend a knee? it's their game, their vision, a vision that is fairly consistent with Cyberpunk lore, obviously the developers are prepared for any criticism. But why should the developers or to a larger extent someone like digital foundry care about such a small group of individuals, especially when they don't come off as rational? They have a job to do as journalists, present the facts for technical analysis. No need to talk about any triggers. I hope they don't back down.

Let's be honest, these people screaming, don't appear to be a reasonable representation of the real people in the real world from their group. Social media gives people too much courage, instead of actual meaningful conversation and debate.

Developers just can't win, can they? There is no place in video games for this crap. People need to stop taking everything as an offence. Like I said Cyberpunk has a long history and lore. Maybe you could make the game without any of these triggers, but then, I suspect, it wouldn't be a good representation of Cyberpunk and what it means deeper down.

Should these developers, programmers, artists, musicians, all be punished for doing their job? and doing their job well? I am sure this will all repeat itself for Harry Potter. Which is another topic entirely, which I don't understand fully. But these people are launching hate at innocent people feeding their families, under crunch and stress. People need to live, can't always choose your dream job.

I hate this is creeping into gaming. If people want to be represented properly, make the game yourself. Stop forcing it on others.

Rant off.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Guys, explain things to me in basic terms. I really don't understand, any of it. I don't understand this world we live in any more.

Would certain groups be happy if 2077 didn't include them at all? wouldn't they just complain about not being represented in game? or are they just upset with how their group is represented? and honestly, why is it on the developers to bend a knee? it's their game, their vision, a vision that is fairly consistent with Cyberpunk lore, obviously the developers are prepared for any criticism. But why should the developers or to a larger extent someone like digital foundry care about such a small group of individuals, especially when they don't come off as rational? They have a job to do as journalists, present the facts for technical analysis. No need to talk about any triggers. I hope they don't back down.

Let's be honest, these people screaming, don't appear to be a reasonable representation of the real people in the real world from their group. Social media gives people too much courage, instead of actual meaningful conversation and debate.

Developers just can't win, can they? There is no place in video games for this crap. People need to stop taking everything as an offence. Like I said Cyberpunk has a long history and lore. Maybe you could make the game without any of these triggers, but then, I suspect, it wouldn't be a good representation of Cyberpunk and what it means deeper down.

Should these developers, programmers, artists, musicians, all be punished for doing their job? and doing their job well? I am sure this will all repeat itself for Harry Potter. Which is another topic entirely, which I don't understand fully. But these people are launching hate at innocent people feeding their families, under crunch and stress. People need to live, can't always choose your dream job.

I hate this is creeping into gaming. If people want to be represented properly, make the game yourself. Stop forcing it on others.

Rant off.
I'm not sure of the reason either as I haven't followed the game. So maybe I'm wrong.

But I think the hate comes from two things:

1. Last year or earlier this year some CDR Twitter dude was making trans jokes. He eventually got fired. Reeee never forgave. And they see CDR and their Polish workers as a bunch of White Nazis

2. Even though this game seems like the holy grail (as you said you can create basically any kind of character you want), because transgendered characters can get shot or beat up it reinforces the trans community is getting grilled again.

So even though it seems every character in this Blade Runner kind of world seems shady and can get hurt or shot at by any crook, they want their community to be put in the good light.

Maybe there's more to this, but I think these are two main issues.

Edit: I googled it and the fired Twitter guy happened exactly two years ago. Time flies. And Reeee still holds the grudge

Last edited:

Uhm, what?
Well at least they're consistent... remember when the pitchforks were out for the epilepsy warnings in Tetris Effect Connec-oh wait...

Saruhashi

Banned
For the viewer to experience too along with the protagonist👍

*yawn*

The saddest part of that is some users there actually believe that ridiculous nonsense. Nobody would or could plan out something like that. And to last for 3 years.

Some of these folks are completely delusional and out of touch with reality.
Do they even read what they are posting before they post it?

"Oh we were just trying to FORCE the guy to answer a dumb question. When he didn't answer in the exact way we wanted we tried to force a specific answer. LOL, how is that bullying?"

What a bunch of arseholes.

"Because he was so polite, mods gave him a second chance..."

Like, why wouldn't you be polite? It's a videogame forum and you were making threads about an upcoming videogame.
Haha. It's such a mindbender to them that you'd be polite that they think it's some kind of deception.
Shows how invested they are in their narratives that something as normal as politeness is suspicious and possibly evil.

Meanwhile they are melting down because they couldn't force you to submit to them and say what they wanted you to say.

They really think they are the good guys in all this too.

John-Lee

Neo Member
Sup all, I've been a long-time lurker of both this site and Era, but knew I just had to register to comment on this absolute fiasco we are witnessing.

I never posted on Era because it seemed like it would be a nightmare to try and figure out what words you can and can't use. For those who have posted there, did it ever feel like you could genuinely share a dissenting opinion without fear of biting a ban? Just these past two days, tons of people have gotten banned over there for doing nothing that any sane individual would consider offensive.

I'd hate to admit it, but I find this level of insanity truly fascinating--and scary. Could this be the beginning of the end for Era?

tioslash

I normally dont get involved in the era stuff, but saw on reddit that ERA users are planning to spam spoilers on a bunch of sites to ruin people's experience with CP2077. I expect they will try here

Time to activate the spoiler protection browser extension and tread carefully.

I would be really pissed to be spoiled on this game, especially by those people.

Saruhashi

Banned
I'm not sure of the reason either as I haven't followed the game. So maybe I'm wrong.

But I think the hate comes from two things:

1. Last year or earlier this year some CDR Twitter dude was making trans jokes. He eventually got fired. Reeee never forgave. And they see CDR and their Polish workers as a bunch of White Nazis

2. Even though this game seems like the holy grail (as you said you can create basically any kind of character you want), because transgendered characters can get shot or beat up it reinforces the trans community is getting grilled again.

So even though it seems every character in this Blade Runner kind of world seems shady and can get hurt or shot at by any crook, they want their community to be put in the good light.

Maybe there's more to this, but I think these are two main issues.

Edit: I googled it and the fired Twitter guy happened exactly two years ago. Time flies. And Reeee still holds the grudge

That's the thing. They fired the guy who made that Tweet so that should have been the end of it.
Instead they want to keep on holding it against the company for years.

It's kind of like being in a toxic relationship where that one time you fucked up and apologized for just keeps on coming back every time there is a new argument.

"What the fuck did the guy running your Twitter account post!? How dare you!"
OK, sorry folks. We've fired the employee involved. Sorry.

Two years later...
"Remember that time when your company Tweeted that offensive Tweet? You absolute bastards!"

Toxic, shitty, behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom