• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sex or Cyberpunk 2077

What a choice to be left with!

HfXNfV7.jpg

Legit question but why are there trans people asking for gofundme, sometimes I assume it’s just to support their surgery?? Sometimes it comes out as selfish and very “the world should revolve around me”.

I mean wouldn’t it better to donate to UNICEF organization or for those who are actually marginalized, cannot work enough to treat a dangerous illness of a relative (or for themselves), and victims of disasters?

I really dislike the mentality of “me” rather than “us”.

You should never allow people who routinely dehumanize others in your forum. They'll scare off others posters and turn it into a radical hell hole. Happens every time. You need moderation to keep them in line or ban them.

If someone routinely does it I can understand that - I don’t know a lot about internet communities but the main issue you run into is the criteria for dehumanizing and who it applies and doesn’t apply to. Resetera was clearly okay with dehumanizing anyone who was center or right of center politically. You can say that’s not an inherent part of a person, it’s a choice, but people have different value systems and often if you take the time to actually discuss it, it may not be that conversation, or the next or the next, but many people change their minds after a while of being made aware of a problematic behavior in a non-hostile way. I know era was completely against this attitude but let’s look at the evidence presented in this thread. The site was full of actual morons. They are actually dumb enough to believe a random dude named black chamber came in and ripped apart their community through hyping up cyberpunk 2077. Like I’m talking big time dumb.

Honestly yes. I’d rather people be transparent about who they are and call them the fuck out when they exhibit racist/homophobic/sexist behavior than create an online bubble where I can pretend it doesn't exist. And if they’re just trolling - I put em on ignore.

I'd rather people be transparant too, but if nothing gets people banned on a large forum I wonder how things will turn out when people call someone out for being racist for example and they don't leave and keep spouting nonsense. Definitely seen some weird forums over the years. That's why a some basic rules are fine as long as you don't overcomplicate things like Era, the rules over there are flexible and convoluted.

Wow what is happening? Why is resetera losing their mind over cyberpunk 2077? Doesn’t that game have more LGBTQ support over any game out there? Sorry I haven’t kept up. I know you can create a non binary character as the MC in that game. That alone is more progressive than any video game media out there.
It's largely for arbitrary reasons/poor, albeit isolated marketing decisions on CDPR's part. The game really isn't that problematic. It just doesn't entirely align with some people's expectations and that's okay. Now, ResetEra likes to hyperbolize over stuff like that, and they like to infantilize trans people so the users over at "TransEra" many of whom likely aren't trans irl, took over the website because they didn't like the positive media reception of the game..

benjipwns

Banned
Wow what is happening? Why is resetera losing their mind over cyberpunk 2077? Doesn’t that game have more LGBTQ support over any game out there? Sorry I haven’t kept up. I know you can create a non binary character as the MC in that game. That alone is more progressive than any video game media out there.
It doesn't instantly max level your character and change all the dialogue to be about how brave you are to be trans non-binary otherkin every other footstep so it's a transphobic step backwards rather than a representation step forwards.

Legit question but why are there trans people asking for gofundme, sometimes I assume it’s just to support their surgery?? Sometimes it comes out as selfish and very “the world should revolve around me”.

I mean wouldn’t it better to donate to UNICEF organization or for those who are actually marginalized, cannot work enough to treat a dangerous illness of a relative (or for themselves), and victims of disasters?

I really dislike the mentality of “me” rather than “us”.
I'm not entirely supportive of GoFundMe either but it's an unfortunate consequence of having no universal healthcare that doesn't care gender affirmation surgery.

MetalAlien

Banned
If someone routinely does it I can understand that - I don’t know a lot about internet communities but the main issue you run into is the criteria for dehumanizing and who it applies and doesn’t apply to. Resetera was clearly okay with dehumanizing anyone who was center or right of center politically. You can say that’s not an inherent part of a person, it’s a choice, but people have different value systems and often if you take the time to actually discuss it, it may not be that conversation, or the next or the next, but many people change their minds after a while of being made aware of a problematic behavior in a non-hostile way. I know era was completely against this attitude but let’s look at the evidence presented in this thread. The site was full of actual morons. They are actually dumb enough to believe a random dude named black chamber came in and ripped apart their community through hyping up cyberpunk 2077. Like I’m talking big time dumb.

Era lives in an echo chamber where everyone who isn't uber left is a nazi alt right fascist. I don't know how they came to that conclusion but they're minimising what nazi actually means.

I'd rather people be transparant too, but if nothing gets people banned on a large forum I wonder how things will turn out when people call someone out for being racist for example and they don't leave and keep spouting nonsense. Definitely seen some weird forums over the years. That's why a some basic rules are fine as long as you don't overcomplicate things like Era, the rules over there are flexible and convoluted.

I mean to be real I haven’t used a lot of forums so I’m probably speaking from a place of ignorance on the subject. I have no idea what goes into moderation or how these things are actually done.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm not entirely supportive of GoFundMe either but it's an unfortunate consequence of having no universal healthcare that doesn't care gender affirmation surgery.

Our healthcare is barely any good eitherway. We still have to pay certain amounts. So our priority is really life threatening diseases rather than gender affirmation (which is treated as something more of a personal choice rather than something part of healthcare).

Some members saying "did they put that there on purpose!?!?" yes you fucking animal they want people to have seizures. Jesus those guys are stupid.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
That's a whole other aspect of this story.

I feel that her playing the game completely invalidates her sticky thread; as well as her motivations for making that thread. She says that she was "gifted" a code, because she doesn't want to support CD Projekt Red. Well, the person that bought that code for her gave their money to CD Projekt Red, thus her "gifted" copy is still supporting them.

It's hypocrisy at it's finest and I really feel it invalidates her entire crusade. I see right through it💯

I've seen that movie

Handed over a code of the game by a loyal servant

iu

Her trans loyalist sacrificing their account to post your PM with Kyuuji

iu

As for you, well we know how that went don't we

iu

iu

Join up and ask them. They're a friendly bunch, open to discourse and other opinions. You'll be welcome. Everybody else.

ULTROS!

Sometimes I think that these microscopic problematic issues being identified and vocalized on are marketing ploys of competitor companies.

That's a whole other aspect of this story.

I feel that her playing the game completely invalidates her sticky thread; as well as her motivations for making that thread. She says that she was "gifted" a code, because she doesn't want to support CD Projekt Red. Well, the person that bought that code for her gave their money to CD Projekt Red, thus her "gifted" copy is still supporting them.

It's hypocrisy at it's finest and I really feel it invalidates her entire crusade. I see right through it💯

She's literally using the excuse ''for research purposes'', it's like she's pulling a meme.

I think she always was planning to play the game, she probably expected CDPR to cave with all her narcissistic screeching on Era but seeing as that didn't happen she had to pull out that bs excuse.

benjipwns

Banned
oBSe1Fi.png

Is the answer "nazi chuds"?

xFD54s4.png

I thought that was the purpose of the transphobia... everyone was saying...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The reason why Reeee is such a messed forum isn't even due to the user base. You're going to get weird people.

Problem is the mods who are both heavily political, weird themselves, power hungry, and ultimately in control of the board. Losers who allow it.

That's why for those of you who don't understand why companies like to be run heavy handed sometimes by upper management to keep the ship sailing don't want too much control to go to underlings who don't get it. If you empower morons with too much power you get a place like Reeee where the loudest assholes control the environment.

Now..... fresh from a nap (I got to say WFH isn't too bad when you can sleep and work whenever you want as long as you get your work done and show up at online conference calls), I can delve into that ginormous 20 page post.

I think some of you said he's a troll who's faking it.

That's hard to believe. What troll goofing around is going to write a post that took all day to write?

OK, here we go into the mind of a troll, a weirdo, a Reeee dude. Who needs TV when you got this kind of material? If TV wants ratings back from people streaming and surfing the net, they need more Shiren content on prime time.

Last edited:
It's hilarious to see era grasp every straw for a reason to hate on this game. Any time you load up a game, I'm pretty sure there is a seizure warning.

lSMKUaR.jpg

fV7O1aa.jpg

It's straw grasping bullshit. This has been around, and there is a huge probability that Cyberpunk has a warning about it.

ah4ICtT.png

m6sB7dn.png

ZTYENs5.png

Here are tons of games that are not seizure friendly according to a site that documents games. If they're so upset, go after these games too. But they won't, they have to grasp any straw against this game.

BOTW, an era favorite game is on the list.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
It's hilarious to see era grasp every straw for a reason to hate on this game. Any time you load up a game, I'm pretty sure there is a seizure warning.

lSMKUaR.jpg

fV7O1aa.jpg

It's straw grasping bullshit. This has been around, and there is a huge probability that Cyberpunk has a warning about it.

ah4ICtT.png

m6sB7dn.png

ZTYENs5.png

Here are tons of games that are not seizure friendly according to a site that documents games. If they're so upset, go after these games too. But they won't, they have to grasp any straw against this game.

BOTW, an era favorite game is on the list.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? TONS OF GAMES DO THAT SO IT'S OK? WHAT IS THIS WHATABOUTISM? BAN THIS GUY. PERMANENTLY PLEASE. PEOPLE ARE DYING BECAUSE OF THIS GAME.
I'M SURE MANY REVIEWERS GOT HURT AT LEAST AND THAT'S THE REASON WE ONLY HAVE 40 REVIEWS

Last edited:
She's literally using the excuse ''for research purposes'', it's like she's pulling a meme.

I think she always was planning to play the game, she probably expected CDPR to cave with all her narcissistic screeching on Era but seeing as that didn't happen she had to pull out that bs excuse.
I think so too.

She was always posting in my Cyberpunk threads - sometimes snarkily and negatively criticising the game, sometimes just to troll and derail and surprisingly...sometimes just to talk about the game [Which I think was a front - the real "Trojan Horse" in this scenario].

It even seemed like at times she was actually excited for it; which I found really strange. Then I heard that she was planning on playing it; which went totally against the crusade she started there against it - so I decided to call her out to see what her real intentions were. I asked her what she was the most excited about in the game and as expected, she began with the transphobia issues she expected to see...but then she went into a few things that sounded suspiciously like hype that she had failed to mask properly.

Either way, I thought we were breaking the ice and finding common ground; but that was not to be, as she was plotting my demise the entrie time and after I was banned, she questioned why I called her out and said it made her uncomfortable.🤷‍♂️

harmny

Banned
I think so too.

She was always posting in my Cyberpunk threads - sometimes snarkily and negatively criticising the game, sometimes just to troll and derail and surprisingly...sometimes just to talk about the game [Which I think was a front - the real "Trojan Horse" in this scenario].

It even seemed like at times she was actually excited for it; which I found really strange. Then I heard that she was planning on playing it; which went totally against the crusade she started there against it - so I decided to call her out to see what her real intentions were. I asked her what she was the most excited about in the game and as expected, she began with the transphobia issues she expected to see...but then she went into a few things that sounded suspiciously like hype that she had failed to mask properly.

Either way, I thought we were breaking the ice and finding common ground; but that was not to be, as she was plotting my demise the entrie time and after I was banned, she questioned why I called her out and said it made her uncomfortable.🤷‍♂️

yes that was super weird. i mean if you hate the game so much and you feel hurt just by looking at people saying nice things about it what are you doint 24/7 reading and participating on that thread? it seems to me that she actually loves the game but she loves the power of victimhood even more. maybe she wanted a free copy? lol

Last edited:
“Not only are they transphobic but they want to kill you too!”

I... that person is a troll right? Like that’s not real.

EDIT: I know they’re crazy and stupid but this is still far fetched even coming at it from that perspective

Last edited:
fucking vile!

It is! But honestly I do need (andeveryone should) get up once in a while when the game launches LOL! Moon Grape tip of the day!
And awesome, more of their members now saying that CDPR is doing this on purpose and they want a mass seizure across Europe and the USA so Poland can take over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom