• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

What's the chance B-Dubs is mad and actively trying to burn the forum to the ground?

If only Cerium was there to save them. :(

Last edited:

GHG

Proud to be a member of gaming's Stormfront.

tenor.gif

Hope everyone is having an alt right day.

Edit: OMG they banned him ahahaha.

Last edited:
Let's burn down our own gaming forum that'll teach all the transphobes!!

I love seeing the self-inflicted destruction.

SjOejHH.gif

The day when they switch on the member-viewable only mode is when ERA's transformation into cyber-cult / extremist group is complete.

I do wonder if they will ever figure out that they do way way way more harm than good doing the shit they do, for the trans community overall. Not the transera trolls.

Small Change

Neo Member
Great idea you absolute freaks, ban one of the most trustworthy and straight-shooting reviewers online. If the asylum is still standing after the dust settles on this remember that it'll all happen again with Harry Potter. That's arguably going to be even more crazy since it's based on such a huge property that so many of the members probably already love. This has all been very entertaining but I genuinely feel sorry for Karak, I hope he doesn't draw too much traffic from that shithole so it won't impact his views.

Daffy Duck

NKeilsh.png

Not sure who Karak Karak is exactly but enjoyed "gaming equivalent of stormfront" and "transphobic hate swarm".

Little bit of hyperbole there

In that post they say "he is dogpiling journalists on twitter and feeding the transphobic swarm"

A) who is he? Karak? Or some other un-named protagonist?
B) Where is the transphobic storm here? I can't see one...

John2290

As nush nush said there's definite collusion, to what end or scale we can't be sure but there is a concerted effort to consolidate power on the pop culture sites of moderator positions. People have been probing various subs, urban dictionary, wikipedia etc. and noting the censorship against specific topics, redactions, submission rejections etc. There's no way to obviously prove all this because it's all surface level stuff, veneer style, but the signs are subtle and there.

Era is fun from a gaf history point of view, but it's a little view to what's happening across other communities on the web.
Indeed, Gotta wonder if it is a cohesive and organised effort. It's easy to spot meat bots on more trasparent places like twitter, you can notice them outright most often by looking at their name, they're recent posts and how they spread themselves so thin while they fan out to make a winder, more shallow splash but on ERA the ability to see this is blocked for someone who doesn't have an account but one stat is shown, these people have thousands if not tens of thousands of posts, that's one hell of a time investment but then again they do martyr themselves for bans, months at a time which would be the perfect way to let an account sit while you build up others. I dunno man, we've seen whole Governments do crazier things to their own people over periods of time and not even disclose what they were doing til years later. Here on the internet you have an easy reach right into someone else country, no need to infiltrate at all cause the door is right open and you only need to put your feet up and scratch the fuck out of the inner social fabrics until it eventually rips and tears. Like you said, it pop culture sites, or at least that is where it started to get crazy and that's where societies heart is located these days.

You shrugged off ERA as if it's of no concern because it's so contained but think of it this way, ERA is the end result of western internet culture if it continues to occur the way it is but there'll be no GAF or other sites to escape too and big tech can just stomp out any upstarts that try to make their own, even cut them off at the financial source these days. I thought for the longest time that it was middle aged white women that was causing these problems but I'm starting to think it's a war between the west and east, freedom and communism/facism etc and we are the pawns in some game of fucked up geopolitical cold war game of chess. Maybe the only thing to do is pull a China wall off the internet (didn't work now that I think on it, the west still manages to fuck with them, just not at the base level, more big things like getting them stirred up and run on the banks) within soverign regions and have an over arching internet that links them all, like a kind of peace treaty and acknowledge the internet has become the nuke of the modern day and we need to handle it in the same way but likely we will tear each other apart first.

Or maybe it is just middle aged white women and their daughters, social media and society can't handle their nature and there is nothing that can be done.

FunkMiller

Great idea you absolute freaks, ban one of the most trustworthy and straight-shooting reviewers online. If the asylum is still standing after the dust settles on this remember that it'll all happen again with Harry Potter. That's arguably going to be even more crazy since it's based on such a huge property that so many of the members probably already love. This has all been very entertaining but I genuinely feel sorry for Karak, I hope he doesn't draw too much traffic from that shithole so it won't impact his views.

Yep. It’ll be ten times worse when the Potter game comes out, because it’ll be an inoffensive children’s rpg that they’ll despise because the IP’s creator stands up for women’s rights. The poor devs will be treated even worse than the CDPR ones. I properly feel sorry for them.

Last edited:
So the CP OT seems to functioning as normal over there. Zero discussion of trans issues and people just talking about the game.

But they can't be having that.

How long until the baiting starts?

Komatsu

Why is NEOGAF the "gaming equivalent of Stormfront"? I don't recall ever reading a single racist post here - occasionally transphobic stuff, yes, which we point out when we see it, but racist? And it's not like I am blind to the subject - I am an immigrant myself.

eot

Banned
I've been trying to find why that guy got banned on ERA. Any chance you got the scoop?
Here's EL's summary

Black Chamber had been working on an epic Cyberpunk official thread for Reset. The activists there have decided that even looking forward to Cyberpunk is Problematic, however, and that he needed to insert a bunch of activist language into his thread and should be publicly shamed for putting in that effort on behalf of their community, as they've decided for no reason that Cyberpunk and CDPR are transphobic. They pressured him into volunteering for a one month ban as penance for authoring the official thread, and all the while became increasingly hostile toward him. The lunatics there started scouring through his social media and found a silly political joke from years ago, decided on their own that this joke proved that he was a secret Trump supporter (and therefore an evil Nazi bastard). All this after three years of making official threads for them.

He has since defected to the land of freedom and sanity. Reset's general manager literally posted an official staff communication calling him names and another post promising to scour the social media history of anyone contributing to their site in the future to search for thought crimes. I shit you not.

Reckheim

So he got banned for

1) Not agreeing with polygon (on twitter)
2) posting "it will happen" on NeoGaf when asked if he is reviewing the game.

Now an 'alt-right chud' because of these actions

makes me wonder how long it will take for me to catch a ban for simply posting here.

Why is NEOGAF the "gaming equivalent of Stormfront"? I don't recall ever reading a single racist post here - occasionally transphobic stuff, yes, which we point out when we see it, but racist? And it's not like I am blind to the subject - I am an immigrant myself.

Because trump supporters for example is allowed, that's my guess.

BeardGawd

Banned
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

These people have let any influence they have go to their heads.

Btw, after 35 hours in the game, Cyberpunk of course, I couldn't find a single example of transphobia.

They really explode for nothing.

Why would you even think there was? CDPR has done NOTHING that indicates transphobia would be a thing.

Not to diminish any real Trans issues but these people on ResetEra have obvious persecution complex. They are not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom