• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. I don't if unhinged is the right way to paint that portrait. Maybe that is all that they've got at Era and where they really feel connected. You could say that's sad but it will either lead to a miserable future or somehow lead them to a better one. I will say this on their matter: they must have no hope or no shining light in their life; they are fighting a losing battle against despair and the more they persist, the more they are harming themselves and those around them. So yeah, unhinged isn't a fair statement on their situation because it's far worse than that. I wish them the best, they need it more than all of us.
Sure they are sad individuals. But trying to transfer your own misery to others? Terrible character trait. Fuck those bullies.

That right there is why I never use the same username for anything twice. My twitter, my Reddit, my Gaf, my Era, my Steam, and my PSN account all have different usernames.
Be on the look out Somebody_Important Moderately_Important Sortakinda_Important

So...should a few of the more enterprising users create alts named after random Era users and just exist over here? Add a bit more fuel to the fire?
No. And Resetera should reconsider the bans they’ve given imo. It is shitty to treat people in this way.

Dorohedoro

YcFG4GH.png

Glad one of them acknowledges it's a vacation to be away from Era. Finally, a little bit of self-awareness...

Astral Dog

I have no idea, one of my posts in this thread I can assume , I haven’t posted on REEE for a few days and nothing even remotely controversial
I heard there has been a very nasty Nazi infiltration incident recently and thats why they are being extra careful, just send them a message explaining your situation from their contact page and the mods should reconsider your banning and solve this misunderstanding *👍

not 100%guaranteed though

Last edited:

Cyberg

Neo Member
I've lurked both forums for a long time and the shit that's happening over there is insane. When you permaban a content creator for no reason, something is seriously wrong.

I hope other content creators take notice how Karak was mistreated and reconsidered if participating there is worth it.

ssringo

No. And Resetera should reconsider the bans they’ve given imo. It is shitty to treat people in this way.

My comment was mostly said in jest and yes, you're right. It is shitty to treat it's members that way. But they don't really seem like the type that can be reasoned with with words alone. Maybe if some of their attitude comes back to bite them on the ass it might get through their blind rage.

Then again, I'm happy to watch the place burn. I certainly enjoyed watching this place burn several years back. Well done with the revival!

John-Lee

Neo Member
One thing that's always bugged me about Era is how it is considered—by the "industry"—as the premier video game forum. Tons of big-shots in game development and journalism have accounts there, tons of leaks come from there. That's why I lurked it for so long, but could never bring myself to make an account because I saw how frivolously people are banned. Just accidentally phrasing a sentence wrong could net you a permaban. I saw it as a place with great information, but it is run like fucking North Korea. If you don't agree 2+2=5, you are a Nazi.

So my question is: how did such an authoritarian community become the go-to website for gaming news? All the major websites frequently cite ResetEra users as "sources" for their articles. My guess would have to be that game-journos and developers see it as the one place they can source and frequent without being accused of bigotry. That is so ridiculous, though. That NEEDS to change; too many people are realizing how toxic the community there is. Should we see the recent events surrounding CP2077 as being indicative of a shift away from extreme wokeness, or is that just wishful thinking at this point?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I forgot this masterpiece from the FUN |OT|, I love this guy:
M1qSrBm.png

All of the bad things happening in the world were happening back then too.

For some reason, people have collectively decided to carry the burden of the world's problems on their backs despite having no ability to change anything.

You are what you eat and if everyone around you is spiraling into depression and nihilism then it's time to change your diet.

ManaByte

One thing that's always bugged me about Era is how it is considered—by the "industry"—as the premier video game forum. Tons of big-shots in game development and journalism have accounts there, tons of leaks come from there. That's why I lurked it for so long, but could never bring myself to make an account because I saw how frivolously people are banned. Just accidentally phrasing a sentence wrong could net you a permaban. I saw it as a place with great information, but it is run like fucking North Korea. If you don't agree 2+2=5, you are a Nazi.

So my question is: how did such an authoritarian community become the go-to website for gaming news? All the major websites frequently cite ResetEra users as "sources" for their articles. My guess would have to be that game-journos and developers see it as the one place they can source and frequent without being accused of bigotry. That is so ridiculous, though. That NEEDS to change; too many people are realizing how toxic the community there is. Should we see the recent events surrounding CP2077 as being indicative of a shift away from extreme wokeness, or is that just wishful thinking at this point?

It really goes back to the formation of the site and the asylum's exodus from here. The gaming journalists colluded with Era to help promote their new hugbox. Kotaku basically ran advertorials for ResetEra back then to get people to go there and sign up.

John-Lee

Neo Member
Kotaku basically ran advertorials for ResetEra back then to get people to go there and sign up.
Damn, I must say, I never knew much about how ResetEra itself was formed. It makes sense, though. Big "scandal" happens here, so gaming websites help promote the new space. I'll have to read up on that more.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Ree users spreading beyond the forum to harass current and ex users they disagree with was the inevitable evolution of that "community". They can't be satisfied with merely ban baiting people, they are compelled to impotently pester them off site until they no longer entertain thoughts and beliefs they disagree with.

And yes ^^^ RedMercury is a troll who is well known to certain Kiwi members. It's pretty amazing he's survived this long on Ree. He must have a few of the longtime mods completely beguiled.

benjipwns

Banned

I've never seen anything to suggest ResetERA.com is considered a premier source of anything by anybody in the industry. "Leaks" and news all comes from Twitter and 4chan and etc. I can't recall the last story broken by ResetERA.com except for things that only it cares about like transphobia by CDPR or issues of representation in Smash Bros.

A bunch of people signed up there in October 2017, yes, but they've never really posted there. They don't visit there often. There's a few people, yes, but they were long term GAFfers, like the rest of the posters, before they were in the industry. Dark1x, Schreier, etc.

ResetERA.com in every single way has never lived up to any of its promises it made in Fall 2017.

Javthusiast

Banned
Hey Era, just wanted to tell you that I am a very prominent member of TransEra, obviously using a different name on your trash forum. But rest assured I try to come off as the wokest person ever just to troll you and divert any suspicions.

I love instigating users and mods to make that hell hole even more CCP like in it's moderation. Works like a charm.

Now, you will never know if what I wrote here is real or not. Have fun second guessing.

Hi Resetera staff!

No, I'm not coming back to Neogaf.
I'm just posting here after deleting my account because I know you're monitoring it.

Normalized monitoring of "off-site activity" is Gestapo crap.
No one should be entitled to a reply or to be engaged. People are only entitled to civility in engagement. Dogpiling as pressure for engagement should not be permitted.
Currently rules don't apply the same to everyone and users are not treated the same. The proof is that even for my deletion request it only went through on my 3rd attempt and I suspect only because I started to make a bit more noise in the feedback thread.
Treat the anime community there a bit better. Outside of the OT community threads every other thread is derailed or shat on.

In the end I was mostly a lurker so you don't lose much. But maybe when lurkers request account deletion on principles it should give you food for thought.

That's all I have to say.

Last edited:

John-Lee

Neo Member
I've never seen anything to suggest ResetERA.com is considered a premier source of anything by anybody in the industry. "Leaks" and news all comes from Twitter and 4chan and etc. I can't recall the last story broken by ResetERA.com except for things that only it cares about like transphobia by CDPR or issues of representation in Smash Bros.

A bunch of people signed up there in October 2017, yes, but they've never really posted there. They don't visit there often. There's a few people, yes, but they were long term GAFfers, like the rest of the posters, before they were in the industry. Dark1x, Schreier, etc.

ResetERA.com in every single way has never lived up to any of its promises it made in Fall 2017.

Thanks, that really sheds some light on things. Even though I never posted, I bought into the hype that it was "the place" for discussing games.

benjipwns

Banned
Hey Era, just wanted to tell you that I am a very prominent member of TransEra, obviously using a different name on your trash forum. But rest assured I try to come off as the wokest person ever just to troll you and divert any suspicions.

I love instigating users and mods to make that hell hole even more CCP like in it's moderation. Works like a charm.

Now, you will never know if what I wrote here is real or not. Have fun second guessing.
Way to really narrow it down there.

ArsGoetia

I wasn't actually trying to get banned over there, just trying to understand why someone was labeled a nazi for coming to multiple forums.. if they want to label me a troll for wanting to think independently then fuck them.. I was trying to get questions on the way they were handling things.. I don't agree with digging into someones offsite history like some fucking ... grrr.. digging up shit that someone has ever said in their history and trying to turn people against them is fucking idiotic bullcrap... I told them I didn't feel comfortable or safe there over the recent shit and that's true..

If they bothered to see my post history via google, they will see what I wrote here.. but I'm not ashamed of that.. it's how I feel.. and I was trying to discuss it in a civil manner... I really was.

AND I'M NOT A DAMN TROLL ACCOUNT RESETERA cause I LURK! FUCK YOU!

c47f05cd656ed39e2ac699edc05c5791.png

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
i've been trolling resetera for months. they'll never find me. i'll get everything canceled until there is no one left in that forum. if you are one of the "good guys" you can get away with almost anything. this cyberpunk saga has been gold. can't wait for the harry potter one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom