• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsfx

So I haven't been on GAF in ages, but I just can't do Era anymore. It's moderation hell even for someone who describes themself as very open-minded and accepting of others. I understand it has a larger than normal Trans community, but it's gotten to the point that many threads and discussions become about LGBT rights, which I'm totally for, but I'm just trying to read about games without it always turning to that discussion. It's unavoidable now.

The final straw was thinking I could step into the Cyberpunk thread to learn more about it. The "rules" list for even posting in that thread is insane. So here I am. Hopefully I can read about games with a broader view here like I used to.

Last edited:

ArsGoetia

ArsGoetia, you had no chance. They're in the phase where getting someone banned leads to a little dose of dopamine. They're basically searching the streets for undesirables at this point.

Yeah I really was just trying to discuss and talk things out peacefully, I wasn't trying to go out into flames but I figured there was a chance of being banned for not thinking like the hive-mind.. eh well.. that place is a shit hole anyways..

rob305

I get banned for asking why they are calling people nazi's and I get called a troll account that's hilarious, yet those people who slandered and called people nazi's still post.. sure.. okay... that's cool.
Dont worry, I got banned there earlier today for simply making a post in this thread, they monitor this thread here too. As a welcome back gift, i'll gift you gaf gold :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
WR6FLrJ.png

This is healthy.

It's hilarious how easily they bought this story that Black Chamber Black Chamber is some ultra nazi who was playing a multi-year long con to dunk on ResetEra. That is one hell of a conspiracy.

John-Lee

Neo Member
ArsGoetia, you had no chance. They're in the phase where getting someone banned leads to a little dose of dopamine. They're basically searching the streets for undesirables at this point.
The whole situation reminds me of the Stanford Prison Experiment. If you never read it, you totally should: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

The whining Resetera people = the Prison Guards. The Prisoners = the rest of their members.

Sorry if this analogy sucks, couple of beers deep.

edit: whining was misspelled winning

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I get banned for asking why they are calling people nazi's and I get called a troll account that's hilarious, yet those people who slandered and called people nazi's still post.. sure.. okay... that's cool.

Ah yes, a classic case of "JAQing off," I'm sure.

Hello Ars. I saw your post, it was very well done and nothing wrong about it, you were just looking for a discussing and raising a fair point about ACG. Sorry it ended like that, but you are welcome here. Also good taste on avatar, Futaba is probably my favorite character in Persona 5.

TVexperto

i've been trolling resetera for months. they'll never find me. i'll get everything canceled until there is no one left in that forum. if you are one of the "good guys" you can get away with almost anything. this cyberpunk saga has been gold. can't wait for the harry potter one.
im using a vpn to switch between both of my troll accounts there. even did some fake giveaways with the giftbot. it’s hilarious. they will never find out 😂

i feel bad that my trolling got some people banned. but it just shows mods are not that clever there. khrn if you’re reading this brother stay safe era (in a fucking digital forum) BIG YIKES😂

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I wasn't actually trying to get banned over there, just trying to understand why someone was labeled a nazi for coming to multiple forums.. if they want to label me a troll for wanting to think independently then fuck them.. I was trying to get questions on the way they were handling things.. I don't agree with digging into someones offsite history like some fucking ... grrr.. digging up shit that someone has ever said in their history and trying to turn people against them is fucking idiotic bullcrap... I told them I didn't feel comfortable or safe there over the recent shit and that's true..

If they bothered to see my post history via google, they will see what I wrote here.. but I'm not ashamed of that.. it's how I feel.. and I was trying to discuss it in a civil manner... I really was.

AND I'M NOT A DAMN TROLL ACCOUNT RESETERA cause I LURK! FUCK YOU!

https://gyazo.com/c47f05cd656ed39e2ac699edc05c5791
Nothing you posted came across as trolling. You were asking genuine questions in a civil way.

Meh. I don't if unhinged is the right way to paint that portrait. Maybe that is all that they've got at Era and where they really feel connected. You could say that's sad but it will either lead to a miserable future or somehow lead them to a better one. I will say this on their matter: they must have no hope or no shining light in their life; they are fighting a losing battle against despair and the more they persist, the more they are harming themselves and those around them. So yeah, unhinged isn't a fair statement on their situation because it's far worse than that. I wish them the best, they need it more than all of us.

they talked about being on disability for mental health issues and living with their parents

benjipwns

Banned
Nothing you posted came across as trolling. You were asking genuine questions in a civil way.
They have no idea what "trolling" is, they never have. It's always been their label for "posts we don't like" and never have anything to do with whether or not the person actually is trolling or not.

The fact that they think getting "trolled" is the worst thing possible also shows they don't get it. Trolling doesn't have to be malicious or spiteful or mean, it can just be for a laugh that everyone enjoys.

It's doubly funny when you consider how many of their posters are basically never posting in good faith but they do nothing about it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I still can’t belive Black Chamber was banned after being such a huge part of that community for so long putting in the work on threads and following this game.

That is supposed to be a site for enthusiasts, no? This is why it felt so shitty when they accused him of being “too excited” for a game.

How fucked up is that? The definition of tone policing. Honestly that’s what it all boils down to.

After Kyuu successfully manipulated a fellow poster into leaking a PM against BC they locked the thread. When he came back, some users were thanking him for his hard work, and this made the troons all the more furious. It’s not even about anything anybody actually SAID is the fucked up thing. But what wasn’t said.

These totalitarians have demands of what is expected from all discussion there. They are not above abusing dedicated community members to get their way.

They are oppressive sociopaths.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dont worry, I got banned there earlier today for simply making a post in this thread, they monitor this thread here too. As a welcome back gift, i'll gift you gaf gold :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Well, that's Reeeeee for ya. A bunch of jobless losers.

But to be fair, you can't blame the general public at Reee too much. Forums are only as good as the mods who control them in what they allow or disallow.

And if those weird people at Reeee want to allow certain people to call out others as Nazi's or turn video game threads into the millionth crusade for justice for transgendered or LBTQ people or Trump supporter hater, then you're going to keep seeing that as the populace views it as good to go and label people that.

The smarter thing would be to clamp down on that, but they don't because the mods and hardcore posters over there with chips on their shoulders. The most enjoyable thing in life is a video game forum where politics (instead of games!) are the main topics. And if they can beat their chests as big shots with message board power, it temporarily gets them to ignore their daily life which is surely shit.

It's like drugs.

With the type of weird slanted views you get on Reeeee there is no doubt the average hardcore user or mod is likely: weird, broke, jobless and a loner. And they know it. Not everyone, but majorly skewed to that.

Last edited:
Let me say something about Era.

Lots of the people there are good folks. People I would honestly like to sit down and have a metaphorical beer with (I'm almost 7 years sober so not a real one). What's happening over there right now isn't business as usual. Ive been there since day 1. The mods have backed themselves into a corner and way over corrected.

I see this in a similar way as to how I see what happened with the Washington football team. We're there issues? Yes 100% Did those issues need to be discussed, at length even? 1000%. But it got to the point where you can't talk about CP2077 without the talk of the transphobia, which again does need to be talked about. But at the end of the day look at Washington. It got talked about, but also every week sports outlets talked about the game they played without ever mentioning the name. Because at the end of the day brow beating people with you message doesn't help. It turns off people. I suggested a place where the trans stuff could be talked about and anyone handwaving it should be banned. But let there be discussion. In the OT just let the game itself be talked about. I got shot down immediately.

ArsGoetia

Hello Ars. I saw your post, it was very well done and nothing wrong about it, you were just looking for a discussing and raising a fair point about ACG. Sorry it ended like that, but you are welcome here. Also good taste on avatar, Futaba is probably my favorite character in Persona 5.

Thank you.. and Futaba is best girl! :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Shmunter

Karak Karak shouldn’t be concerned being banned by a far left hate group.

Colin Moriarty, Skillup come to mind. Same deal, not woke enough and have been banned and slandered by the hive mind on that platform.

Guess what, it actually gives them more clout not being associated with an extremist movement and they do better than ever. Use it to your advantage.

Edit: David Jaffe building up more a following too since being banned & branded by those extremists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom