• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'Scratch

Sorry, ArsGoetia, but you're worse than useless to their community:
Amn7MdP.png
Ok.

M32BP5B.png

I need to make sure I am reading that right

M32BP5B.png

This is a genuine opinion from era. Not only that but this is a heralded and supported opinion that nobody will have the backbone to call them out for. This is the world we have achieved and this is where we stand as a society. It is quite seriously a surreal mirror bizarro reflection of everything I was brought up to believe from when I was an infernal tot.

Youve explained bits and pieces but the whole end to end picture is still ambiguous, maybe youre not ready to tell it which is fine of course, its just that it would be really interesting. :)
Okay.

This has been going on for months. Sophia first contacted me a while back about my OT. We discussed ways to implement trans rights into the OT. After that was all settled and good to go; things escalated with every new "development" with CD Projekt Red and then Kyuuji made that stickied thread that she gleefully shoved down everyone's throat in every Cyberpunk thread - even the few there that weren't created by me - with her trolling, thread-derailing, non-stop links to it.

While I agree with the cause, the way that she went about it was absolutely and disturbingly deplorable.

Then last Saturday came the question of "Are you going to include anything related to Trans rights in your OT?". After hours of being incessantly berated with this question, my answer was that everyone was welcome to enjoy it - and I meant everyone and anyone that wanted to be entertained by my Cyberpunk 2077 OT was welcome in it. Since I had already planned on including something like that for a while at that point, I didn't want to spoil the surprise of it by saying "yes" - I thought it would be a much nicer gesture for everyone to see that I had done it of my own volition.

Apparently TransEra [as well as non-trans members like ZeoVGM, Hobbes and others] didn't like the way I answered that question; so they harassed and insulted me all day long for it.

Everything from last Saturday came to a head Sunday morning, due to TransEra badgering the moderation team with their demands - chief among them was that I should be stripped of the right to make the OT because they didn't like my answer to their constant, badgering question about whether or not I was going to include something in my OT that I had already planned on including.

So early last Sunday morning, Sophia contacted me along with B-dubs and arranged a private Discord chat for us to discuss a solution to what the OT was going to be - or if it was even going to be at all. I suggested the self-imposed one month ban in solidarity with the message and everyone agreed that would send a stronger signal that TransEra was welcome in the OT.

After we had already negotiated everything amicably that morning, later in the afternoon things had gotten even worse with TransEra [and others - the usual suspects] and their demands, as they didn't like the solution that we came up with and were calling me a "martyr" for asking for the one month ban, as well as attacking the mod team for negotiating with me without asking for their consent or opinions. Sophia contacted me again [with B-dubs] and explained that I wouldn't be making the OT and that B-dubs was going to make it instead. I protested and said that I thought it was ridiculous and Sophia agreed with me. I mentioned that I was the one being harassed and bullied and that I was being punished when I did nothing wrong and she took my side; which is when those 2 joke/trolling tweets were "discovered".

They never asked me to explain the situation. B-dubs only said "Did someone fake your Twitter?" "Are those your tweets?" "Did you really vote for Trump?" and I said that they were mine and no I didn't vote for Trump - but before I could explain what the meaning behind them was, they abruptly ended the conversation and deleted the chat.

From there, I am here🤘💯

Isendurl

The whole situation reminds me of the Stanford Prison Experiment. If you never read it, you totally should: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

The whining Resetera people = the Prison Guards. The Prisoners = the rest of their members.

Sorry if this analogy sucks, couple of beers deep.

edit: whining was misspelled winning

Heeey, I already made this comparison few pages back, even linked the document on Youtube about it and I didn't even get any likes.

Now I will have to dig up some shit about you being nazi or something to ban you. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh shit, I forgot Im on Gaf not Era, old habits die hard.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Okay.

This has been going on for months. Sophia first contacted me a while back about my OT. We discussed ways to implement trans rights into the OT. After that was all settled and good to go; things escalated with every new "development" with CD Projekt Red and then Kyuuji made that stickied thread that she gleefully shoved down everyone's throat in every Cyberpunk thread - even the few there that weren't created by me - with her trolling, thread-derailing, non-stop links to it.

While I agree with the cause, the way that she went about it was absolutely and disturbingly deplorable.

Then last Saturday came the question of "Are you going to include anything related to Trans rights in your OT?". After hours of being incessantly berated with this question, my answer was that everyone was welcome to enjoy it - and I meant everyone and anyone that wanted to be entertained by my Cyberpunk 2077 OT was welcome in it. Since I had already planned on including something like that for a while at that point, I didn't want to spoil the surprise of it by saying "yes" - I thought it would be a much nicer gesture for everyone to see that I had done it of my own volition.

Apparently TransEra [as well as non-trans members like ZeoVGM, Hobbes and others] didn't like the way I answered that question; so they harassed and insulted me all day long for it.

Everything from last Saturday came to a head Sunday morning, due to TransEra badgering the moderation team with their demands - chief among them was that I should be stripped of the right to make the OT because they didn't like my answer to their constant, badgering question about whether or not I was going to include something in my OT that I had already planned on including.

So early last Sunday morning, Sophia contacted me along with B-dubs and arranged a private Discord chat for us to discuss a solution to what the OT was going to be - or if it was even going to be at all. I suggested the self-imposed one month ban in solidarity with the message and everyone agreed that would send a stronger signal that TransEra was welcome in the OT.

After we had already negotiated everything amicably that morning, later in the afternoon things had gotten even worse with TransEra [and others - the usual suspects] and their demands, as they didn't like the solution that we came up with and were calling me a "martyr" for asking for the one month ban, as well as attacking the mod team for negotiating with me without asking for their consent or opinions. Sophia contacted me again [with B-dubs] and explained that I wouldn't be making the OT and that B-dubs was going to make it instead. I protested and said that I thought it was ridiculous and Sophia agreed with me. I mentioned that I was the one being harassed and bullied and that I was being punished when I did nothing wrong and she took my side; which is when those 2 joke/trolling tweets were "discovered".

They never asked me to explain the situation. B-dubs only said "Did someone fake your Twitter?" "Are those your tweets?" "Did you really vote for Trump?" and I said that they were mine and no I didn't vote for Trump - but before I could explain what the meaning behind them was, they abruptly ended the conversation and deleted the chat.

From there, I am here🤘💯
what an absolutely absurd story. im glad you are here. these people are psychopaths.

TVexperto

Okay.

From there, I am here🤘💯
sophia agreed that it was ridiculous? should have screenshotted it. fake trans era would go nuts. also im not even surprised by their spineless actions. not even letting you finish your explanation. reminds me of some third world dictators

Last edited:
They haven't caught me yet. Yes, Era viewers, I currently have an account at your website and it is still active. You can DM mg account, do whatever you want with it, but you will never figure out who I am. Different username, different email address, different profile. All you know is that I have one and went on PlayStation threads. That's it. That's all you're getting. You have a TRAITOR among you. Now get to it.

John-Lee

Neo Member
Hopefully there is a new Hogwarts trailer at TGA, I want to see them lose their mind over Harry Potter.
Last I checked, JK Rowling isn't even involved in the writing/development for Hogwarts Legacy. She will get some royalties, for sure, but will it be as crazy as Cyberpunk 2077 has been in that community?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Black Chamber suggested a self imposed ban for the good of the community and those shitfucks wouldn’t have that because they have to utterly humiliate someone in public to feel good like the struggle session psychopaths they are.

Fucking shameful. BC bent over backward and was burnt at the stake for it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Let me say something about Era.

Lots of the people there are good folks. People I would honestly like to sit down and have a metaphorical beer with (I'm almost 7 years sober so not a real one). What's happening over there right now isn't business as usual. Ive been there since day 1. The mods have backed themselves into a corner and way over corrected.

I see this in a similar way as to how I see what happened with the Washington football team. We're there issues? Yes 100% Did those issues need to be discussed, at length even? 1000%. But it got to the point where you can't talk about CP2077 without the talk of the transphobia, which again does need to be talked about. But at the end of the day look at Washington. It got talked about, but also every week sports outlets talked about the game they played without ever mentioning the name. Because at the end of the day brow beating people with you message doesn't help. It turns off people. I suggested a place where the trans stuff could be talked about and anyone handwaving it should be banned. But let there be discussion. In the OT just let the game itself be talked about. I got shot down immediately.
All Reeee has to do to accommodate people who want to discuss social issues is have some key threads in off topic and let them do it there. The rest of the threads can be kept in tact and focus on the game or other topic.

It's like here. Every once in a while a gaming thread gets moved to off topic or politics because it's not really gaming related after all. But on Reeeee, a game thread getting nailed into a political thing sticks in the main thread so what happens is political chat can can spread to any thread in any forum tab.

And the mods go with it. As you said some of it is cowering into it. If you're going to accept the endless transphobic talk, then you got to allow it everywhere or else it looks bad if mods want to tidy up threads and move, change or delete posts.

If a Madden 21 thread is made and people chat football gaming, some ass may dig into EA employee's twitter accounts and find out they love Trump. He posts the employee wearing a red cap.

Mods can do a few things. Allow it. Delete the post as not essential to the holistic jist of the thread, or maybe somehow move it to OT.

Reeee mods in their angry (yet no balls approach), would just let it stick. So 100 users talking graphics, modes and online league now got a guy talking MAGA and then it snowballs into more political people talking about it and it may morph into EA are the Nazi regime. Sounds stupid, but thats what you can get on Reeeee because of shit mods who value politics over the thread topic.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
They haven't caught me yet. Yes, Era viewers, I currently have an account at your website and it is still active. You can DM mg account, do whatever you want with it, but you will never figure out who I am. Different username, different email address, different profile. All you know is that I have one and went on PlayStation threads. That's it. That's all you're getting. You have a TRAITOR among you. Now get to it.

among us resetera dlc

So he says to me; “you wanna troll ResetEra?”

And I say, “YEAH BABY! I WANNA TROLL!”

SURF’S UP SPACE SNOWFLAKES! I’M MAKING TACOS WITHOUT THE BEANS!!!

AHHHHHHH HAH HAH HAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

But in all seriousness, to all the genetic defectives from Era monitoring this thread like a bunch of well-trained monkeys waiting for a cigarette; I just got the email notifying me that my lemony-fresh new account on your joke of a site was just approved and I very much plan to make good use both of it and my natural born talent for crafting bad fanfiction.

You know that new, low-post account, the one thanking Kyuuji for all their hard work and bravery in the face of the internet’s bigotry and transphobia?

That’ll be me!

Or maybe it won’t.

I’ll never say and you’ll never know!

Have fun figuring it out!

Tootles!

Last edited:

Kayhan

Okay.

From there, I am here🤘💯
Doesn't surprise me one bit that Sophia comes out of this looking like a decent person but B-Dubs comes out of this looking like the asshole that we all know that he is.

Never forget, it is B-Dubs that is advocating the Gestapo/Stasi-like reporting on off-site activity.

Last edited:
All Reeee has to do to accommodate people who want to discuss social issues is have some key threads in off topic and let them do it there. The rest of the threads can be kept in tact and focus on the game or other topic.

It's like here. Every once in a while a gaming thread gets moved to off topic or politics because it's really gaming related after all. But on Reeeee, a game thread getting nailed into a political thing sticks in the main thread so what happens is political chat can can spread to any thread in any forum tab.

And the mods go with it. As you said some of it is cowering into it. If you're going to accept the endless transphobic talk, then you got to allow it everywhere or else it looks bad if mods want to tidy up threads and move, change or delete posts.

If a Madden 21 thread is made and people chat football gaming, some ass may dig into EA employee's twitter accounts and find out they love Trump. He posts the employee wearing a red cap.

Mods can do a few things. Allow it. Delete the post as not essential to the holistic jist of the thread, or maybe somehow move it to OT.

Reeee mods in their angry (yet no balls approach), would just let it stick. So 100 users talking graphics, modes and online league now got a guy talking MAGA and then it snowballs into more political people talking about it and it may morph into EA are the Nazi regime. Sounds stupid, but thats what you can get on Reeeee because of shit mods who value politics over the thread topic.

I've read hundreds of threads there, and I've never encountered anything that's even close to being like this. I've seen more permabans in the last 48 hours than I have in my entire tenure there which began in October of 2017.

ManaByte

But in all seriousness, to all the genetic defectives from Era monitoring this thread like a bunch of well-trained monkeys waiting for a cigarette; I just got the email notifying me that my lemony-fresh new account on your joke of a site was just approved and I very much plan to make good use both of it and my natural born talent for crafting bad fanfiction.

If they're monitoring this thread, then just post this on each page:
giphy.gif

Ol'Scratch

They are circling the wagons saying "They keep looking over here" but nobody here is banned for being over there or posting over there. I know people from era are reading this right now and do not have the nerve to address it.
Their leadership, their mods are doxxing people. They are literally searching accounts to see if they match here and perm banning people for the sole crime of having an account here or somewhere else. They are searching twitters and social media with the express intent to out their "enemies" or people who just want to talk about games and who have been keeping their head down. Then when their own leadership is shown in post after post and tweet after tweet to be racist, misogynist, two faced people those posts are quickly deleted and hidden with no discussion. Does nobody have a backbone or free will to say "This is kind of fucked up?" (the answer is no because then you too will be banned, and they will say that they have known all the time that you were a nazi racist transphobe even though you know that it is not true)
Shit is fucked up.
Me? I am done putting thought into it. I will now just sit back and look forward to when it is Nike track suit and Flavor-aid day for the Resetera Cult

Liberty4all

Banned
One thing that's always bugged me about Era is how it is considered—by the "industry"—as the premier video game forum. Tons of big-shots in game development and journalism have accounts there, tons of leaks come from there. That's why I lurked it for so long, but could never bring myself to make an account because I saw how frivolously people are banned. Just accidentally phrasing a sentence wrong could net you a permaban. I saw it as a place with great information, but it is run like fucking North Korea. If you don't agree 2+2=5, you are a Nazi.

So my question is: how did such an authoritarian community become the go-to website for gaming news? All the major websites frequently cite ResetEra users as "sources" for their articles. My guess would have to be that game-journos and developers see it as the one place they can source and frequent without being accused of bigotry. That is so ridiculous, though. That NEEDS to change; too many people are realizing how toxic the community there is. Should we see the recent events surrounding CP2077 as being indicative of a shift away from extreme wokeness, or is that just wishful thinking at this point?

Damn, I must say, I never knew much about how ResetEra itself was formed. It makes sense, though. Big "scandal" happens here, so gaming websites help promote the new space. I'll have to read up on that more.

Once upon a time NeoGAF was not just the fun happy go lucky forum you see today. It was the undisputed forum mecca of the gaming world.

There was a window between 2005 - 2013 where this culture of distilled autism developed — and we were all a part of it. It was the glory yesteryears of GAF, sheer posting bliss. We had developers, leaks, even an awesome PlayStation MVP *cough*, the best gifs and memes before memes was even a thing.

Then in 2014 Gamergate hit and a poison took over half our members and a large portion of the moderator team. The poison of progressive Social Justice which became more important to many members than the games themselves. This lead to unfair bannings over the littlest of perceived slights against SJW dogma, etc. Sound familiar?

In 2017 a number of GAF moderators and members lead a vicious #MeToo campaign against EviLore EviLore . It was coordinated and they already had the Resetera domain ready to go. Basically the goal was to destroy Neogaf and the founder, take as many members as possible, score virtue points in the process AND steal the fruits of labor evilore had devoted his life to.

You get what I’m saying? They coordinated a heist using social justice as their moral justification. It was a fucking hustle for the ad money.

Anyways, so that is how Resetera came to be. What seemed like a disaster at the time for NeoGAF turned into a miracle though and saved the site. The SJW insanity left to Resetera. Evilore was able to take a hard look at what had gone wrong and turn the ship around going full on Aaron Swartz freedom to speech as the guiding principle if the site - that and re-embracing that we are about GAMES first. Not politics, not race, not LGBT issues, not feminism, not any the drama garbage that has infected our hobby under the guise of Progressivism. The site is about GAMES again.

Returning to our roots.

A core group of old school liberals and conservative leaning posters devoted the last 3 years or so full tilt to that. And now GAF stands back on the cusp of a return to the glory days.

Last edited:

Electret

Hold the fuck up for one second.

They're now trawling through off-topic posting and social media to root out sociopolitical wrongthink and ban you accordingly.

But an entire contingent of console warriors get to organize an off-site brigade trolling PS5/Sony/Sony fans, get busted, get off scot-free, and then have anyone who dares bring this up get banned.

The fuck kind of sense does that make?

Last edited:
If Cyberpunk doesn't completely kill that forum, then Harry Potter truly will.

I hope that game delivers a great experience and lives up to that reveal trailer because it's going to be complete LULZ if it gets great reviews.
I hope it does, it would be the first awesome harry potter game. Imagine the lunacy Era will have over it. Honestly I could see them straight up banning discussion completely.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They are circling the wagons saying "They keep looking over here" but nobody here is banned for being over there or posting over there. I know people from era are reading this right now and do not have the nerve to address it.
Their leadership, their mods are doxxing people. They are literally searching accounts to see if they match here and perm banning people for the sole crime of having an account here or somewhere else. They are searching twitters and social media with the express intent to out their "enemies" or people who just want to talk about games and who have been keeping their head down. Then when their own leadership is shown in post after post and tweet after tweet to be racist, misogynist, two faced people those posts are quickly deleted and hidden with no discussion. Does nobody have a backbone or free will to say "This is kind of fucked up?" (the answer is no because then you too will be banned, and they will say that they have known all the time that you were a nazi racist transphobe even though you know that it is not true)
Shit is fucked up.
Me? I am done putting thought into it. I will now just sit back and look forward to when it is Nike track suit and Flavor-aid day for the Resetera Cult
If Reeee mods are trying to cross verify users on both forums to black list people they got way too much time on their hands as mods. Must be a job not as busy as I thought.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PSA to all ERA members reading: I'll be buying GAF Gold for the next 10 users getting banned at Resetera and deciding to migrate to GAF
Right at the top I will say I dont want gaf gold because I cannot stand the auto refresh in active threads. the auto scrolling drives me nuts. Also, ive been back for almost 2 years now and am really glad to see the rest of the more normal era posters finally make their way here. its refreshing to post what you really think and not worry about getting a half a dozen notifications from the professionally outraged. Almost 17k reaction score which means nothing really, but it's great to finally post something and see that people actually like what I have to say. On era, it seemed like everyone hated what i had to say. getting notifications on era was frightening.

But since we are sharing ban stories, i got perma banned there last week. almost 10,000 posts, but i was discarded like an aborted fetus.

Reason? Console wars and Misrepresenting prior bans. All i said was that you cannot criticize Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo on era or it will get labeled as concern trolling, people would mass report you and mods will automatically ban you if you have even a single warning for console warring. I even said watch as someone reports me for this thread and bans me. they banned me for a month and turned it into a perma last week.

The funny thing is that this was in a thread about how you cannot say criticize sony or microsoft on era without getting accused of concern trolling. All I was doing was agreeing with the OP.

You have been banned for the following reason: Platform wars. Misrepresenting prior bans. Community generalizations over a series of posts. (Note: it was ONE FUCKING POST.) Multiple prior bans for similar behavior. Ban made permanent after review..

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hold the fuck up for one second.

They're now trawling through off-topic posting and social media to root out sociopolitical wrongthink and ban you accordingly.

But an entire contingent of console warriors get to organize an off-site brigade trolling PS5/Sony/Sony fans, get busted, get off scot-free, and then have anyone who dares bring this up get banned.

The fuck kind of sense does that make?
If Reeee users and mods really wants to be ballsy, how about blacklist every game reviewer and site that gave 2077 a good score?

All those 9s and 10s shows the reviewer loves the game and didnt put one millisecond of thought about political views. In other words, anything to do with trans people in the game they toss in the garbage as meaningless to their 9.3/10 score.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

If Reeee mods are trying to cross verify users on both forums to black list people they got way too much time on their hands as mods. Must be a job not as busy as I thought.
You have to realize by now, that just like in the terror purges of old, from the biblical days to Warsaw to the Red menace there are always far too many eager little beavers who think that they are earning favor by outing their neighbor and too fucking stupid to realize that the very moment that they slip they will be on the next list.

Kayhan

If Reeee users and mods really wants to be ballsy, how about blacklist every game reviewer and site that gave 2077 a good score?

All those 9s and 10s shows the reviewer loves the game and didnt put one millisecond of thought about political views. In other words, anything to do with trans people in the game they toss in the garbage as meaningless to their 9.3/10 score.
That is a good point.

Any outlet scoring known transphobic hate-game CP2077 a 90% or above should be blacklisted from ResetEra.

To do anything less would be to condone and advocate for transphobia.

After a reviewer has given CP2077 a good score there can be no forgiveness.

Only B-Dubs can be forgiven for his documented transphobia.

Last edited:
That is a good point.

Any outlet scoring known transphobic hate-game CP2077 a 90% or above should be blacklisted from ResetEra.

To do anything less would be to condone and advocate for transphobia.

After a reviewer has given CP2077 a good score there can be no forgiveness.

Only B-Dubs can be forgiven for his documented transphobia.
What did this B-Dubs person say? Tired of seeing them brought up and not being in the know.

RAbKb2G.png

lol, era was not happy TLOU2 did not win the player vote, saying it was rigged. here was someone brave enough to give their reason and obviously won't be banned for it because it's shit talking white people.

Trickster

Doesn't surprise me one bit that Sophia comes out of this looking like a decent person but B-Dubs comes out of this looking like the asshole that we all know that he is.

Never forget, it is B-Dubs that is advocating the Gestapo/Stasi-like reporting on off-site activity.

The funniest/dumbest thing about that is that B-dubs of all people really has no right to shit on people for things they said years given what he's said here on Gaf.

Right at the top I will say I dont want gaf gold because I cannot stand the auto refresh in active threads. the auto scrolling drives me nuts. Also, ive been back for almost 2 years now and am really glad to see the rest of the more normal era posters finally make their way here. its refreshing to post what you really think and not worry about getting a half a dozen notifications from the professionally outraged. Almost 17k reaction score which means nothing really, but it's great to finally post something and see that people actually like what I have to say. On era, it seemed like everyone hated what i had to say. getting notifications on era was frightening.

But since we are sharing ban stories, i got perma banned there last week. almost 10,000 posts, but i was discarded like an aborted fetus.

Reason? Console wars and Misrepresenting prior bans. All i said was that you cannot criticize Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo on era or it will get labeled as concern trolling, people would mass report you and mods will automatically ban you if you have even a single warning for console warring. I even said watch as someone reports me for this thread and bans me. they banned me for a month and turned it into a perma last week.

The funny thing is that this was in a thread about how you cannot say criticize sony or microsoft on era without getting accused of concern trolling. All I was doing was agreeing with the OP.

The one thing I don't understand is...

Who actually owns REE? I never much got into the whole admin/moderator drama there. Is it one person or a group of people?

Was very bizarre how quickly they had that place setup back when it was started. I just followed over there due to gaming members moving.

What's funny is that there was a mass amount of people on here that requested bans when the migration happened (I didn't do this, I was still a member here and just decided to join REE begrudgingly), and what's happening over at REE is the same thing except instead of user requested bans it's just a mass grave of mob rule bans :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom