• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

I’m amazed at how interested in the game Kyuuji is. She’s been posting in the OT all day, putting up screenshots, commenting on actual game stuff and asking about day one patches.

But you know, all in the name of “researching if the game is actually as bad as we think”.

YxApFrl.png

She has actually written a lot of inaccurate, malicious half-truths as well as some genuinely transphobic BS. Unlike CDPR, which so far I am happy to defend on the merit of their actions as a company, I do not disagree at all that she is transphobic.

Whether that warrants the complete ban of a game developed by hundreds of people unaffiliated with her, well, that's another thing altogether.

This is going to be the second time in a row we strongly disagree, which is entirely fine and a testament to our sportsmanship.

The Lexico dictionary defines a phobia as, quote:

"An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something."
(source)

Transphobia would be an irrational fear of or aversion to Transgender people.

What statements has JK Rowling produced that betray an "irrational fear or disdain" for Transgender people?

Know that I am not talking about her being wrong on factual matters. That can be ascribed to countless other motives. I am spherically talking about quotes that can reasonably be shown to express irrational fear or disdain for Transgender people.

Nothing else qualifies as Transphobia and, as such, I am forced to kindly ask you to present verbatim quotes of her alleged transphobic remarks and links to the sources, which is the standard I follow religiously. This request is especially relevant because at least one urban myth about her pen name in the Cormoran Strike series has already been dispelled by Rowling's spokesperson, which in a comment, said, quote, Rowling "wasn't aware of Robert Galbraith Heath”, when choosing the pen name, and that, quote, "“Any assertion that there is a connection is unfounded and untrue". (source)

Furthermore, Rowling took it to Twitter to write the following: "Dress however you please. Call yourself whatever you like. Sleep with any consenting adult who’ll have you. Live your best life in peace and security. " (source)

All in all, I think my specific request is more than reasonable and opportune.

Thanks for your time.

Ein Bear

Kyuuji actually playing the game is so hypocritical it makes my head spin. I really can't believe she hasn't been called out for it over there.

I'd honestly assume she was a troll, if not for the fact that I don't think anyone would be willing to invest that much time into a joke.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Kyuuji actually playing the game is so hypocritical it makes my head spin. I really can't believe she hasn't been called out for it over there.

I'd honestly assume she was a troll, if not for the fact that I don't think anyone would be willing to invest that much time into a joke.
Do as I say not as I do.

Kev Kev

Don't you know I joined that place and lurked for years contributing very little to that forum until it was my moment to strike out and go down in a blaze of glory trolling their forum.. Seriously though.. I tried to get some accountability for their actions and to maybe try to reason a little bit with them but never thought I'd get labelled a troll and perma-banned for it. Independent thinking is not trolling... if they wanna throw me under the bus for my posts over there :shrugs:.. I'm way more happy finding my way back to GAF again... :messenger_heart:
era sold us all a lie dude.

i didnt even know what was going on when the site started as i had lost access to my GAF account back then and hadnt logged on in a while. i didnt post a whole lot to begin with... hell i lurked for years bc it took so long to get my account verified. but from what i could gather, era was supposed to be better than GAF. all the fun but none of the shit moderation and trolls. everyone was so cool and nice at first. i actually started participating a lot more and found myself becoming a semi-regular poster.

it wanst long after that that we started seeing all the fuckery start to show its ugly face. but the truth is, and i didnt have all the pieces put together yet but i eventually figured it out, that it was there all along, just well hidden. now we are seeing all the lies, hate, hypocrisy and straight up shameless prejudice completely exposed. these were the twisted mfers that made all that shit up, manipulated people for their own gain and sold everyone a steaming pile of horse shit

that post you made was logical, sensible and considerate. its not you and it never was. its encouraging to see you and so many other have decided to come join the fun over here. stick around for a while, what you see is what it is. no bullshit, no prominent or protected members. just equal treatment, open discourse, and a ton of laughs. the way it was always supposed to be. welcome (back) to the party pal <3

thank you for coming to my ted talk

lol best gif ever

Last edited:

OuterLimits

There was a dude (Anthony Hopkins) who got banned/warned 15 or 16 times before getting the ban hammer.

Not too relevant as that guy's issue was being a constant console warrior, but still illustrates their inconsistent and failed moderation. I really don't know why they give console warriors so many repeated chances when they prove they're not going to change, but issue perms like candy for sociopolitical wrongthink.

Yeah, it's definitely extremely inconsistent. I never had a warning there or ban, but merely saying I would likely support Trump if the Democrat nominee was Bernie, I got a perma for "inflammatory support" early this year.

the place had a pretty good vibe when it first started, which lasted maybe 6 months or so. Moderation was fairly relaxed, with mainly warnings or short term bans, rarely permanent ones. Granted, they were just starting the site, and from a business perspective, they probably wanted to quickly increase their numbers of users so super strict moderation could have killed it just as it was forming.

After 6 months or so, that "good vibe" feeling started slowly eroding. The craziness and hostility there has accelerated even more in the last 12 months it seems. The people there rarely even make jokes or even have fun banter with each other. It's just become a large collection of miserable people. The site continues to purge many decent people with permanent bans and many others just stop posting there. .It's pretty much a 180 from their first few months.

This site is far more enjoyable and it's great to see it continually growing again. You have people on the left, the right, and squishy centrists(lol) who can debate and jokingly banter with each and usually remain cordial adults. It's rather refreshing.

Ionian

The site seemed like a good idea at the start but something happened and most mods left.

Now you have;

- Slayven falling asleep on his keyboard and posting
- Hecht monitoring every site for anyone that says anything negative
- Nepthene calling for the death of white people

And trolls, so so many. It's very funny stuff.

And where is the boss whilst this burns?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

J.K. Rowling is, and has been for a long time, an ardent supporter of women's rights in the UK. While she isn't transphobic she draws a clear delineation between biological women and transgendered women in her advocacy.

So, according to the minority on Ree, she's a TERF.

She’s also expressed concerns about the mental health implications of transitioning, and how it needs to be better understood and regulated by the authorities so that young people don’t take decisions they may come to regret. She’s also a firm believer in the scientific realities of gender and sex. She is absolutely in favour of trans rights, and believes trans people have the right to live in peace without discrimination or threat, but that there are certain biological realities that cannot and should not be denied.

But, you know: rich, powerful, female, outspoken... so a nazi cunt to some people.

Last edited:
I like how the OT has become just another standard hype thread with people proclaiming about how insanely hyped they are. That's cool now. People were being banned when claiming they planned to buy it just recently. How the fuck do these rules work? Love all the convoluted thread locking and redirecting horse-shit just to end up in the same place.

And apparently a review or performance thread isn’t allowed cause the very existence would be harmful to the trans community, yet the biggest alleged victims there are already playing the fucking game?

Someone come up with a math formula to work all this shit out.

dolabla

The site seemed like a good idea at the start but something happened and most mods left.

Now you have;

- Slayven falling asleep on his keyboard and posting
- Hecht monitoring every site for anyone that says anything negative
- Nepthene calling for the death of white people

And trolls, so so many. It's very funny stuff.

And where is the boss whilst this burns?

5a68f2939afcb8bd58d6aef89f495de4.jpg

I’m amazed at how interested in the game Kyuuji is. She’s been posting in the OT all day, putting up screenshots, commenting on actual game stuff and asking about day one patches.

But you know, all in the name of “researching if the game is actually as bad as we think”.

What’s more amazing to me is that not a single soul there has pointed out her despicable, mind numbing hypocrisy. How many people have been banned bc of her?

Account suicide seems worthwhile if she’s shredded properly.

Komatsu

This is going to be the second time in a row we strongly disagree, which is entirely fine and a testament to our sportsmanship.

That's indeed fine, B-Universe. I don't take these disagreements personally at all and I believe neither do you. Cheers.

Know that I am not talking about her being wrong on factual matters. That can be ascribed to countless other motives.

You and I are both adults and we know that when one person is repeatedly, insistently wrong in a particular way, one has to stop assuming they (in this case, JKR) are arguing or tackling an issue in good faith. I am not refusing to engage here, I am happy to provide links in another context or privately, but I do not want to derail the thread.

Suffice to say, even though I believe firmly she is a transphobe, I do not agree that this should correlate with a complete and total ban on discussing any intellectual property based on her books.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Once again turns out they are doing all their woke shit for show, but are just hypocrites in the end.

There you have modern sjws ladies and gents.

really wanna make a post on the OT with that group screen shot and say "fuck you all", legit it makes me think they lose any credibility for making such a huge ruckus over all this shit.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
really wanna make a post on the OT with that group screen shot and say "fuck you all", legit it makes me think they lose any credibility for making such a huge ruckus over all this shit.

They'll just delete it like the bag of dicks that they are. But I still support any endeavor you may partake.

Last edited:
That's indeed fine, B-Universe. I don't take these disagreements personally at all and I believe neither do you. Cheers.

You and I are both adults and we know that when one person is repeatedly, insistently wrong in a particular way, one has to stop assuming they (in this case, JKR) are arguing or tackling an issue in good faith. I am not refusing to engage here, I am happy to provide links in another context or privately, but I do not want to derail the thread.

Suffice to say, even though I believe firmly she is a transphobe, I do not agree that this should correlate with a complete and total ban on discussing any intellectual property based on her books.

I find your reply wholly and surprisingly unsatisfactory, but I certainly accept that it's your right to reply in whatever elliptical manner you deem fit.

Cheers!

xiskza

I have yet to see any evidence that JK is a transphobe or a homophobe. In fact in defending biological sex she's essentially defending same sex attraction. But that's another story...

xiskza

Here they go again. Raft is a top maximum security prison, but I guess he thinks prisoners there should be portrayed in a different manner...

I have yet to see any evidence that JK is a transphobe or a homophobe. In fact in defending biological sex she's essentially defending same sex attraction. But that's another story...
I strongly disagree but I'm not gonna report you and have you thrown in the Gulag like in Era.

lunnuyu

would be more effective to PM / DM those screenshots to members separately

also, would be funny now if the mods there will ask for everyone to expose their PMs publicly on TransEra lol

If even trans people can't agree whether JK is a transphobe or not, it'd be pretty hard for everyone else to agree to the same consensus.
I mean of course, but I know a lot of trans and non-trans people (myself included) that find JK's views and endorsements as transphobic. But yeah, people, no matter what they identify as, are going to have a diversity of opinions.

Last edited:

xiskza

I mean of course, but I know a lot of trans and non-trans people that find JK's views and endorsements as transphobic. But yeah, people, no matter what they identify as, are going to have a diversity of opinions.

I guess their position will depend on if they're more on the liberal or conservative side. I know a lot who don't consider her to be a transphobe, but then I tend to be more on the conservative side and listen to more conservative trans people - yes they exist too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom