• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
uh-uh, controversy 2077 is at it again

UOWvkt.jpg

Raven117

Don't you know I joined that place and lurked for years contributing very little to that forum until it was my moment to strike out and go down in a blaze of glory trolling their forum.. Seriously though.. I tried to get some accountability for their actions and to maybe try to reason a little bit with them but never thought I'd get labelled a troll and perma-banned for it. Independent thinking is not trolling... if they wanna throw me under the bus for my posts over there :shrugs:.. I'm way more happy finding my way back to GAF again... :messenger_heart:
Geesh, you actually try and share a heartfelt and earned opinion and you get straight up banned for it. What a terrible place.

Hope you find this place much more comfortable and welcoming.

nush

Can someone compile a list of how many people were banned from Era since the whole Black Chamber and CP2077 thing went down? There must have been a ton of bans and I want to see how much is hemorrhaging.
Hard to do because they don't have a public ban page.

Here you go,

it does not update real time and bans that are not connected to posts like the ones we see for just posting on GAF won't be listed.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
uh-uh, controversy 2077 is at it again

UOWvkt.jpg

Good job they don't play any Online games then if it shocks them that much. When I played Overwatch, I think I heard that every day I played it for like months.

I'm not sure why it's such a surprising thing to hear in an 'edgy' Cyberpunk genre game. It's what I would expect.

It's obviously not their kind of game, and that's fine. I don't see why they keep reading stuff about it. If I hated a game, I would just forget about it. That makes too much sense though obviously.

We can agree to disagree but i consider that extremely low. He has 3 posts recently(nothing since the exodus) all regarding getting a key(which he got for free here). He can fuck off and should be banned.
Don't worry about it dude, it's really no bother just something I did out of kindness. Weirdly enough an act you'll never see on Era

Balboa

I don't understand why ResetEra doesn't ban all discussion of console manufacturing companies that use slave labor.

What could be worse than actual slavery in 2020?

If we go the 'ethics in gaming' route that are some very big fish to fry.

Don't worry I'm sure Kyuuji won't hesitate to include a PSA when making a console thread, oh wait....
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps...-of-your-console-while-playing-a-game.329267/

I'm so glad this thread is here, it's like watching those Scientology documentaries

Eevee86

Lurked GAF from 2012, joined ERA in 2017.

Once made a thread asking why Rosalina was much bigger than the rest of the Mario cast. It was a legitimate question, she's almost double the height of the rest of the cast and was curious if there had ever been lore or some official explanation as to why. Instead I got dogpiled with replies telling me I was misogynistic and that 'tall women don't need to justify their height to men!!' amongst other angry messages. One member even telling me I had triggered repressed memories of the time her ex partner had bullied her about her height. Turns out there had been an actual reason for her size given in an old Iwata Asks (can't even remember what it was lol some space shit or something) but I felt bad that I had upset so many people and actually apologised about asking it in the first place.

Months later checked GAF out of curiosity and found this very thread and realised I was actually just surrounded by crazies and had somehow managed to stay oblivious to the whole thing in my little bubbles there. Kinda just kept to the ERA Pokemon Discord after that since the people there were decent and shared the same disdain for the site. One of the ex mods joined at one point and we all got talking about the stupid shit that happens there. I mentioned the thread I made and they said they had received a huge amount of reports about it and that they were genuinely surprised nobody banned me for it.

Asked for my account to be completely deleted a couple days ago, don't want to be associated with some of the straight up evil shit that takes place over there. Fucking loving watching it burn down, feels good to be home!
They wanted her to be a Heavy class in Mario Kart I believe.

Electret

Hobbes was banned SIX FUCKING TIMES and warned 3 times.

Is there any other user that was banned six times and still isnt permagone there?

sRyelCj.png
There was a dude (Anthony Hopkins) who got banned/warned 15 or 16 times before getting the ban hammer.

Not too relevant as that guy's issue was being a constant console warrior, but still illustrates their inconsistent and failed moderation. I really don't know why they give console warriors so many repeated chances when they prove they're not going to change, but issue perms like candy for sociopolitical wrongthink.

ArsGoetia

I nearly posted that earlier. This post, and the string of 3 or so posters jumping on him after, was quite something to read. They actually say (paraphrasing) “If you don’t fight our battle for/with us you’re our enemy”. Therefore Karak isn’t allowed to not fight their battles when he replies to someone asks if he will review CP2077, and he’s not allowed to criticise Polygon at all because they did an article about trans stuff.

I’m 100% sure he’s allowed to not fight the myriad other causes out there, but to not fight transphobia? Huge no-no, enjoy your ban.

I'm very passionate sometimes with some of my beliefs and way of thought but that doesn't give me the right to shut down other people for not believing the way I do, or thinking the way I do.. while I am for the LGBTQ+ community myself, I'm against that train of thought if someone doesn't join your cause or fight the battle with you then they are my enemy... ie: "This person didn't bring up those issues that I have issues with!.. so I'm going to label them a nazi, transphobe, and so forth.." This is the wrong way to think....

What they should do is lead by example and be open to new ways of thinking, what they are showing to me is that they enjoy being a mindless drone and repeating each other's statements over and over.. this is no way to grow or learn in my opinion. I always have that principal that even if someone isn't like me or thinks like me.. they are not my enemy.. I should not attack people or slander them just because I don't agree with them.. I would rather them see my own actions and challenge their own way of thinking and grow that way.. not by forcing my agenda's on them and attacking... digging through their personal history and trying to control every damn thing someone else does.

I'm beyond picking sides and only sticking with one train of thought, I've grown above that.. I always try to be kind to people and listen to them.. as long as they try to listen to me... and give me the same back.. even then I don't need a safe space created for me.. I can handle that on my own most of the time. try to challenge people and not immediately dismiss someone just because they don't align up with you.

Komatsu

Because Poland is a conservative country, with right leaning politicians, and CDPR are predominantly comprised of white men.

The irony of course is that the PiS types in Poland accuse CDPR of being in cahoots with "an international gay conspiracy" (lolwut) because they donate to LGBTQ causes and their employees go to pride every single year.

The company is super progressive.

Ol'Scratch

I'm very passionate sometimes with some of my beliefs and way of thought but that doesn't give me the right to shut down other people for not believing the way I do, or thinking the way I do.. while I am for the LGBTQ+ community myself, I'm against that train of thought if someone doesn't join your cause or fight the battle with you then they are my enemy... ie: "This person didn't bring up those issues that I have issues with!.. so I'm going to label them a nazi, transphobe, and so forth.." This is the wrong way to think....

What they should do is lead by example and be open to new ways of thinking, what they are showing to me is that they enjoy being a mindless drone and repeating each other's statements over and over.. this is no way to grow or learn in my opinion. I always have that principal that even if someone isn't like me or thinks like me.. they are not my enemy.. I should not attack people or slander them just because I don't agree with them.. I would rather them see my own actions and challenge their own way of thinking and grow that way.. not by forcing my agenda's on them and attacking... digging through their personal history and trying to control every damn thing someone else does.

I'm beyond picking sides and only sticking with one train of thought, I've grown above that.. I always try to be kind to people and listen to them.. as long as they try to listen to me... and give me the same back.. even then I don't need a safe space created for me.. I can handle that on my own most of the time. try to challenge people and not immediately dismiss someone just because they don't align up with you.
This is where my frustration always came into play. I have my own views and opinions , but I respect others' and "Because I said so" has not worked for me since I was a child. "Read the post!!" is the same thing, because a post barking soundbytes and someone's opinion does not a discussion make and does not mean they are correct.
Many many times under many masks I would try just to try and understand, in a very civil and non confrontational way and immediately the ban baiting and piling on comes into play. They have ingrained such an "us vs them" mentality that it is alarming but it makes it so easy to dehumanize anyone who is lumped into that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Please somebody enlighten me on their hate for Harry Potter?
Over the years JK Rowlings hints at some homophobic or transphobic tweets. I don't remember since I don't think I ever bother looking for them, but it has something to do with that.

Doesn't seem to phase Rowlings, franchise or fanbase one bit. So it pisses off Reeee more.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The irony of course is that the PiS types in Poland accuse CDPR of being in cahoots with "an international gay conspiracy" (lolwut) because they donate to LGBTQ causes and their employees go to pride every single year.

The company is super progressive.
Thats's what they want you to think. They embedded a poster on ERA 3 years prior to the release date of Cyberpunk 2077 to do damage limitations because they knew their Twitter interns would make a fucking bags of about 3 tweets in thousands of tweets. This person also tricked people into being hype for a total transphobic game where they include a trans non-playable character (the second non-playable trans character in 2020 videogames but somehow its better representation to not include them 🤷‍♂️) and sexualised trans folx (please do not send me any evidence to show that cis men and women were also sexualised and everyone was treated the same). This poster also tricked the mods who are usually quite smart like B-Dubs, Nepenthe, Poodlestrike, and Slayven and was going to make the OT until Kyuuji realised he supported Trump, supported him so much he didn't vote for him. And that secret agent was H Hobbes

Ionian

Yep that’s it! Couldn’t remember his username. He wasn’t permed for the angry black woman thing though right? I’m sure I remember him coming back after that and posting some more.
His perm was over using a slang term against Asians.

Was absolutely deserved and he was an idiot anyway for the time he was on there with trying to be edgy.

Was banned multiple times but just couldn't stop himself.

Komatsu

Over the years JK Rowlings hints at some homophobic or transphobic tweets. I don't remember since I don't think I ever bother looking for them, but it has something to do with that.

She has actually written a lot of inaccurate, malicious half-truths as well as some genuinely transphobic BS. Unlike CDPR, which so far I am happy to defend on the merit of their actions as a company, I do not disagree at all that she is transphobic.

Whether that warrants the complete ban of a game developed by hundreds of people unaffiliated with her, well, that's another thing altogether.

Ymir

Baby Kyuuji wants his patch lol

Do we even know if the day one patch is coming in an hour? Kind of wild after all of this that it's creeping up on the release even here (letalone NZ) and it's still the shoddy version (XSX).

djinferno807

Neo Member

Doesn't seem to phase Rowlings, franchise or fanbase one bit. So it pisses off Reeee more.

Hahahah that's amazing! good on her for now catering to the reeeetards.

Fake

Gold Member
I hope was a good ideia people from resetera coming here. There is already a shitshow on the Cyberpunk review thread.

Last edited:

Ionian

I mean we could just review this thread to start and update as we investigate further. I'm genuinely curious about that data and I would volunteer to do it myself but I just don't have the time right now.

A Ban-bot does exist. Hosted on another site but not sure how often it updates.

EDIT: Whoops beaten to it. Thread is moving quickly.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whether that warrants the complete ban of a game developed by hundreds of people unaffiliated with her, well, that's another thing altogether.
That's the thing about anyone who wants to play the high deity attitude.

If anyone looks around their house, there's 100s of things people buy..... food, furniture, games, a new box of lightbulbs etc.....

I hope people know that at probably every company who you've bought something from (hell, even take out for lunch today), someone at that company is surely an asshole. Could be a criminal, assaulted someone, might be a secret KKK member or BLM window smasher. Who knows.

The CEO of Pepsi could be arrested for a crime. I bet nobody who drinks a Pepsi product would suddenly banish drinking Pepsi or eating their fast food or chip franchises. It would be like.... "Who cares".

Yet for certain products and brands, a scandal some reason reaches apocalyptic levels and anyone involved with it (as you said game makers who probably have never even met JK Rowling) get lumped into the same mold and the whole product line and people have to ride the ship down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom