• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teezzy

Banned
It's funny that the more people they ban, the more our supposedly "alt-right" community grows. They're feeding the flames.

w3hUyFC.gif

lmimmfn

WOW, I wonder if Dark1x will be cancelled again on REEEEE. He had his long mea culpa about covering problematic games but yet here he is again with Cyberpunk which is personally responsible for millions of deaths AND giving it glowing reviews.

Funny how Kyuuji impressions of janky mess of a barely playable game are what anyone else is experiencing
Dark1x was chased off this site so while i like to shit on ERA we're no better in that context.

rob305

Yep that’s it! Couldn’t remember his username. He wasn’t permed for the angry black woman thing though right? I’m sure I remember him coming back after that and posting some more.
Hes definitely permed, just checked. Cant see for what post but hes definitely still banned if you google “stinkles resetera”

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I saw that thread about the prisoners in Spider-Man and I just can't, it has to be a troll right?

tenor.gif

I mean it's a video game, and a comic book one at that, why are they expecting realistic portrayals of prisoners? Someone please explain that to me before I lose my mind. The Arkham comparison was even more hilarious. Can we just enjoy games for what they are?

tenor.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's funny how the administration can believe in the rehabilitation of real life CRIMINALS (nothing wrong with that of course), yet will ban you with absolutely no recourse, brand you as a nazi/idiot/trumper etc. and make you persona non grata over a silly joke, over a post on a different forum (even a non-inflamatory one) or for simply asking about a game without permission from the Era Trans-gang as it's a "tough time". :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Good thing we all know that there are absolutely zero bigoted or racist prisoners or else their logic wouldn’t make sense!

Ol'Scratch

It is odd. I have thought about this quite a bit and I do not get how trans era is viewing it.
In my eldritch and warped opinion, the posters and ads are the height of trans positivity. Be sexy, be who you are. You are not limited to your flesh anymore. Be a man, woman or anything in between. There is no guilt or stigma anymore, nobody cares. The lines are erased.
How is this bad? Because you get the hedonistic excess without the self loathing?
Or maybe it is because you can change your mind later? I have a news flash, some who think they are trans do change their mind later and there is nothing wrong with that.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yep that’s it! Couldn’t remember his username. He wasn’t permed for the angry black woman thing though right? I’m sure I remember him coming back after that and posting some more.
He got permed for making a joke that referenced "chinamen". I don't quite remember exactly what it was.

Can someone compile a list of how many people were banned from Era since the whole Black Chamber and CP2077 thing went down? There must have been a ton of bans and I want to see how much is hemorrhaging.

lmimmfn

Posted already? Our double agent gspec, man i find that kinda shit deplorable

Last edited:

FunkMiller

It is odd. I have thought about this quite a bit and I do not get how trans era is viewing it.
In my eldritch and warped opinion, the posters and ads are the height of trans positivity. Be sexy, be who you are. You are not limited to your flesh anymore. Be a man, woman or anything in between. There is no guilt or stigma anymore, nobody cares. The lines are erased.
How is this bad? Because you get the hedonistic excess without the self loathing?

Because Poland is a conservative country, with right leaning politicians, and CDPR are predominantly comprised of white men. People like that cannot be allowed to make positive representation of any minority subset.

”How dare they present trans people as sexy or provocative, or just as another part of the dystopian fictional landscape in which their story takes place.”

It‘s pretty much the attitude that unless you are a thing, you are not allowed to present a thing in any fiction you create.

Last edited:

ArsGoetia

Oh My Fuckin God... Things are really bad on the other side.

6PT6Cl5.png

Don't you know I joined that place and lurked for years contributing very little to that forum until it was my moment to strike out and go down in a blaze of glory trolling their forum.. Seriously though.. I tried to get some accountability for their actions and to maybe try to reason a little bit with them but never thought I'd get labelled a troll and perma-banned for it. Independent thinking is not trolling... if they wanna throw me under the bus for my posts over there :shrugs:.. I'm way more happy finding my way back to GAF again... :messenger_heart:

nush

This is me btw. I tried to fund the whole thing at inception and I was ignored completely. You can find my posts on Resetera about my beef with being ignored. That's why they looked for a reason to perma me. I thought it was odd to be flat out ignored. If they were like, fuck you, we want the money, fine. But it was just a brick wall.

Can you lend me $5?

Soodanim

Oh My Fuckin God... Things are really bad on the other side.

6PT6Cl5.png
I nearly posted that earlier. This post, and the string of 3 or so posters jumping on him after, was quite something to read. They actually say (paraphrasing) “If you don’t fight our battle for/with us you’re our enemy”. Therefore Karak isn’t allowed to not fight their battles when he replies to someone asks if he will review CP2077, and he’s not allowed to criticise Polygon at all because they did an article about trans stuff.

I’m 100% sure he’s allowed to not fight the myriad other causes out there, but to not fight transphobia? Huge no-no, enjoy your ban.

Because Poland is a conservative country, with right leaning politicians, and CDPR are predominantly comprised of white men. People like that cannot be allowed to make positive representation of any minority subset.

”How dare they present trans people as sexy or provocative, or just as another part of the dystopian fictional landscape in which their story takes place.”

It‘s pretty much the attitude that unless you are a thing, you are not allowed to present a thing in any fiction you create.
As someone pretty sensitive to trans issues, I fail to see anything remotely detrimental to trans people depicted in Cyberpunk 2077. Sure, some aspects of the game are definitely cringey, but by no means are they hateful or antagonistic towards trans or non-binary people. I think a lot of this stems from someone's own expectations for the Cyberpunk genre and of course if Era's expectations over this issue are not met, then be prepared to face their fury.

lmimmfn

Fair's fair I say, all that proves is he's visiting GAF quite often, so he's not 100% under the ERA dogma just yet (and probably never will).
We can agree to disagree but i consider that extremely low. He has 3 posts recently(nothing since the exodus) all regarding getting a key(which he got for free here). He can fuck off and should be banned.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Wanna bet majority of TransEra has Cyberpunk preinstalled, but they have to keep appearances so they whine the loudest. XD

That's right Era, how does it feel having Cyberpunk and CDPR living rent free in your minds. You certainly can't stop talking about them like you accuse us doing about you.

Levi Kai

Neo Member
Lurked GAF from 2012, joined ERA in 2017.

Once made a thread asking why Rosalina was much bigger than the rest of the Mario cast. It was a legitimate question, she's almost double the height of the rest of the cast and was curious if there had ever been lore or some official explanation as to why. Instead I got dogpiled with replies telling me I was misogynistic and that 'tall women don't need to justify their height to men!!' amongst other angry messages. One member even telling me I had triggered repressed memories of the time her ex partner had bullied her about her height. Turns out there had been an actual reason for her size given in an old Iwata Asks (can't even remember what it was lol some space shit or something) but I felt bad that I had upset so many people and actually apologised about asking it in the first place.

Months later checked GAF out of curiosity and found this very thread and realised I was actually just surrounded by crazies and had somehow managed to stay oblivious to the whole thing in my little bubbles there. Kinda just kept to the ERA Pokemon Discord after that since the people there were decent and shared the same disdain for the site. One of the ex mods joined at one point and we all got talking about the stupid shit that happens there. I mentioned the thread I made and they said they had received a huge amount of reports about it and that they were genuinely surprised nobody banned me for it.

Asked for my account to be completely deleted a couple days ago, don't want to be associated with some of the straight up evil shit that takes place over there. Fucking loving watching it burn down, feels good to be home!

FunkMiller

As someone pretty sensitive to trans issues, I fail to see anything remotely detrimental to trans people depicted in Cyberpunk 2077. Sure, some aspects of the game are definitely cringey, but by no means are they hateful or antagonistic towards trans or non-binary people. I think a lot of this stems from someone's own expectations for the Cyberpunk genre and of course if Era's expectations over this issue are not met, then be prepared to face their fury.

There is nothing transphobic in the game from what I can see. There are satirical elements that parody, jibe or critique certain social attitudes and constructs, which include transgender issues. But also many, many others. Straight white dudes get the piss taken out of them a shit ton, by all accounts. The key thing is: everyone is dragged in this game. That’s the point.

But that is literally one of the core tenets of proper cyberpunk: to hold a mirror up to present day society through exaggeration, and taking things to their logical extreme using the conceit of ‘future tech’.

Era does not want a cyberpunk game. They want a utopian science fiction game, where humanity is lovely. That’s called Star Trek, and is it’s own thing.

Cyberpunk as a genre has always been controversial, because that’s the reason it’s popular. Its meant to be grimy, nasty and full of shades of grey. It’s just that in this snowflake day and age, people have a hard time handling it.

If anything, trans issues are handled very positively in this game. They could have been dealt with in a far harder way.

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Are this people for real? Are they real humans beings?

KF8CjAv.png

Just thinking how much they wouldn't cope with the old Call of Duty/Halo trash talk lobbies.

I'm sure people in this thread remember. Probably made my skin thicker back in those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom