• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
SI9IO18.png

ILOuyAS.gif

dionysus

Yaldog
What I find fascinating is how the framework of debate cannot lead to consensus. Critical Race Theory and the radical left reject logic as a tool of the oppressors. The replacement for logic is victim hierarchy and emotion. But there is no way to resolve people from the same victim group in conflict or if people have different emotional reactions.

You see both sides pulling out emotional states and victimhood status to try to win the argument, just look at how many different victim categories Sophia tries to check off in her sympathy post. None of it is relevant to whether mods are behaving correctly or not.

Its funny to see every now and then someone from the mod side or the transera side try to use logic, and just be completely ignored.

Tl,dr. The framework of victimhood and emotion can never lead to a solution or consensus.

Last edited:

Enzo88

We as a society really need to stop using the term gaslighting
That and 'safespace'.
People need to fucking deal with things and don't expect society as a whole to bend around their perceived 'micro-aggressions'.

There are too many actual issues that get lost in trivial wording, bullshit problems that snowflakes/sjws make up out of their own ass.

Last edited:
In all honesty, he is partially right. As many users have just admitted in thet very thread, resetEra is the only place they interact, even In real life. They don't talk, discuss, laugh, cry, share love or whatever in any other place, just in an internet forum. And those are the people who get promoted to mods, people that have zero social or ineraction skills whatsoever and that will ruin a forum because they are incompetent shitheads.

They had it all coming, enjoy chaos.

PS: mods saying that they were crying for 2 hours straight. Fuck off, if you cry like that maybe the problem is in your damn mental health, and those external stimulous are just triggering it. Go to a psychiatrist.
If you have any mental illness whatsoever, Era is the worst place for you. Go to like 4chan and you'll find your home. Era guys just scream at each other all day and write essays that no one in their right mind will read.

Even though I want to post there to add fuel to the fire, what if guys start screenshotting posts that I'm making? Do I expose myself to both GAF and Era or do I lay low and take the beating from here?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
wY7ZIwb.png

Steak's post is exactly the kind of response I've seen elsewhere on the forum that has gotten other people banned countless times.

"If you're more concerned about hostility than human rights then fuck off"

It's just endlessly delicious that that logic is now being applied to Era's staff.

There's probably still some value in waiting.
Yeah, last thing I want is to waste time trying to play their games. I have work to do as well, so I'll watch it burn and chat here instead. All they'll see is me periodically looking at the thread and leaving, so they won't know it's me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Even though I want to post there to add fuel to the fire, what if guys start screenshotting posts that I'm making? Do I expose myself to both GAF and Era or do I lay low and take the beating from here?

If your name is different and your posts aren't being specifically highlighted, there shouldn't be a problem.

Judging from the tone of this thread right now, the soup du jour is the staff and not the inmates.

I'm sure trolls are either already engaged or waiting to engage anyway.

I’m sorry but my highlight was imagining a transmod using a walking stick because they have coeliac. As someone who has that myself...just lol.

These people are literally the least functional people in society yet seem to have deluded themselves into being pioneers. I mean look they can’t even organise themselves.

NickFire

I wonder if any psychiatrists have scientifically determined where the line is between hyperbolic temper tantrums and outright insanity / delusions. If they haven't I'm guessing there are some really good leads towards the answer somewhere on the internet.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Ngl, a TransEra exodus would be the best move. They should do it.
Do you think they are some legitimate people like that on ERA, I highly doubt about that, ERA is what is twitter to social media, so... Only here I get explanation how does it feel.

kiryani

so does this game get any points for how it centers a Latino character, the wonderful Jackie, who has a big role as a beloved member of his community, his personal history tying into that of the world, as we experience his story we learn more about what kind of people live in Cyberpunk 2077. I guess none of that matters? Positive Latinx representation we will just ignore that and yell about this #1 issue with white males over and over as if it is the only thing that matters like unthinking lunatics? The game has POC characters. It has LGBT characters. But even admitting reality would undermine their idiotic crusade. Because it is not rational but based entirely on emotions.

That is the problem with extremists. They won’t even allow time to highlight actual positive representation, because they have become so tribalised that it might undermine “their side”. In truth there should be just as many threads for praise and highlighting the good things it is doing. Jackie is positive representation and here is why. Where is that thread? Only trans people matter? If your goal was really being a good ally then wouldn’t you want to celebrate the positive things the game does?

no cos the girl on that poster has a dick

kiryani

Today is gonna be explained in greentext on /b/ for generations.

It’s a troll army. None of them are trans, the trans thread on there is dead.

It might just be one fucking amazing troll with loads of accounts.

This is history, boys.

So I didn't realize this thread before and read through the last some pages.

So from what I gather Resetera won't even allow threads to be made about Cyerpunk? You can't congradulate the team? You know emplyed individuals with jobs?

So wait, why exactly do they hate the game this much?

Today is gonna be explained in greentext on /b/ for generations.

It’s a troll army. None of them are trans, the trans thread on there is dead.

It might just be one fucking amazing troll with loads of accounts.

This is history, boys.
It's a mass cosplay of trans users poaching all of the admin and dissenting users. Incredible trolling effort if true.

Enzo88

So I didn't realize this thread before and read through the last some pages.

So from what I gather Resetera won't even allow threads to be made about Cyerpunk? You can't congradulate the team? You know emplyed individuals with jobs?

So wait, why exactly do they hate the game this much?
A pronoun joke and a dystopian/fictional setting transgender advertisement they didn't like...that's about it.

Majmun

I do feel bad for the trans members in general- the current world is very harsh on them. But the Era trans people did this to themselves.

It's on social media as well. They're only alienating themselves from other communities with their unstable behaviour. No wonder many people get annoyed by them. Including myself. I don't hate trans people, I hate anooying people. And most trans people are annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom