• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'Scratch

But if you tell them, you're reaching and a transphobe. On the other hand, they can shit on an ordinary UK sales thread claiming it was opened just to celebrate CDPR.

them double standards
I am just glad that Blizzard stopped murdering Chinese people so that CDPR could be in the running for this award. (Quick someone remember that Chinese gamer's name who was so brave and all that without google...)
And all of the other worst ever that have now silently just faded back into acceptance.

canot fucking wait for Harry Potter to drop. Class, turn to the gaming forum on resetera.com please and 1,2,3:

original.gif

Students: huh, resetera stayed the same, did we do the spell correctly?
Lupin: Yes.

Ah, the classic Bad Cop, Worse Cop routine.

I guess Regular Nazis never did anything as terrible as being excited for the year's biggest video game!
It will never not be hilarious that @Black Chamber made a joke about tipping his non-existent MAGA hat in a random tweet three years ago and now he's basically Hitler.

Well it's understandable they see it like that; As Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf, "I want to eliminate the jews 💯. Thx every1 for making me fuhrer - we got this! 🙏🙏"

Then the nazis rounded up all the jews and Goebbels performed cruel experiments on them, like strapping them to gamerchairs and forcing them to play video games 18 hrs a day. Not even the children were spared this cruel fate. They were subjected to a lot of content without a single trigger-warning. It was a terrible time.

#NeverAgain. That's why we must boycott Cyberpunk 1488.

It never ceases to baffle me that TransEra is purportedly being aggressively oppressed.... in a gaming forum. How are your rights being infringed....in a gaming forum? If anything, you have more privileges in Era than the regular user. So, how is an online discussion board chiefly about video games an oppressive space? If it is, why not leave or go outside for a walk? I think trans people can walk outside for a stroll, get some fresh air, right? I don't know, maybe? They can do things outside of this allegedly horrible place for them. They have that freedom.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It never ceases to baffle me that TransEra is purportedly being aggressively oppressed.... in a gaming forum. How are your rights being infringed....in a gaming forum? If anything, you have more privileges in Era than the regular user. So, how is an online discussion board chiefly about video games an oppressive space? If it is, why not leave or go outside for a walk? I think trans people can walk outside for a stroll, get some fresh air, right? I don't know, maybe? They can do things outside of this allegedly horrible place for them. They have that freedom.

Because they won't post the discord logs of their meeting with staff members that went south, I honestly don't even know what they're demanding!

Thus far it mostly sounds like "we really didn't want all that to happen!"

Kayhan

What do the other moderators have to say about the TransEra situation?

Nepenthe? Morrigan? Hecht? Slayvern? Transistor?

We need you to step in and take a side, you cowards!

*crickets*

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

What do the other moderators have to say about the TransEra situation?

Nepenthe? Morrigan? Hecht? Slayvern? Transistor?

We need you to step in and take a side, you cowards!

*crickets*

Nepenthe is too busy ringing up people’s Christmas groceries to post. She’ll be along soon enough when she gets a break from those 18 hour days to tell the people of the forum how it is.

Last edited:

Kayhan

That is the thing. I don't get it either.

They get to have their own threads, special mod protection, their every whim catered to.

How are they being oppressed? They can discuss transphobia in any game they like. Who is stopping them?

It is a big fat nothing burger.

Necro900

So if transera members have been let down time and again (I fail to see how, given all the concessions) and they're furious to the point of telling "fuck off" to an admin who brought up legit concerns about harassment to a trans staff member... why the fuck are they still there, complaining?

You're so disappointed and fed up with how the place is managed and STILL can't just hit the road and free yourself from the burden of being a member there?

Last edited:
Whoever is running this account is doing a masterful job of trolling either intentionally or not intentionally:

CwhLa2I.png

This guy not so much:

J7mvDl6.png

If you're gonna troll you gotta be a winner and be more subtle about it.

ec90766b15ba635ac8ec04f95e766de4.gif

I wasn't trying to troll. I genuinely believe what I was saying, and wanted to mention it.

A lot of posters on these forums post for years and over time give up a lot of private data, that if someone was to dig through they could potentially doxx them irl, especially if they were prominent posters. These flippant accusations made so brazenly can then come back to them in their real life and cause issues. Since the accounts there are tied to professional/educational emails, that's even more of an issue.

Didn't expect that to be a cause for a ban. I post very occasionally on both forums (some of the gaming related posts there that are not political can be decent), and didn't really have any intention to stir something. But oh well, from the looks of how things are going, that site may not even make it to 2021, so I'm not going to miss much 🤷 They've gone full-on bananas, man.

Last edited:

Kayhan

Those 5 who got banned for attacking poodlestrike must be gutted it wasn’t quite the mass revolt they thought it was gonna be and suicided their accounts for nothing.
Meanwhile,

Banshee mcspook
ShironRedShift
Kyuuji

The three biggest TransEra shit stirrers are too smart to attack the moderators directly like that. They let the dumber members of TransEra do that.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wasn't trying to troll. I genuinely believe what I was saying, and wanted to mention it.

A lot of posters on these forums post for years and give up a lot of private data, that if someone was to dig through they could potentially doxx them irl, especially if they were prominent posters. These flippant accusations made so brazenly can then come back to them in their real life and cause issues.

Didn't expect that to be a cause for a ban. I post very occasionally on both forums (some of the gaming related posts there that are not political can be decent), and didn't really have any intention to stir something. But oh well, from the looks of how things are going, that site may not even make it to 2021, so I'm not going to miss much 🤷 They've gone full-on bananas, man.

Oh you didn't do anything wrong at all but you had to have known you were getting banned for that haha

Over the past few years I haven't seen a single public figure or poster be called a Nazi and somehow get their image rehabilitated. You can't possibly swim upstream against that.

It never ceases to baffle me that TransEra is purportedly being aggressively oppressed.... in a gaming forum. How are your rights being infringed....in a gaming forum? If anything, you have more privileges in Era than the regular user. So, how is an online discussion board chiefly about video games an oppressive space? If it is, why not leave or go outside for a walk?

They're being oppressed because not immediately obeying their every demand is seen by narcissists as disrespectful. What they want is Kyuuji and the gang leading by example like a cult figurehead and their inner circle of what is allowed and what isn't and how people can talk about a game, company, or person. They want everyone fearful of saying anything and following their lead.

And why are they still pushing? It's standard of the "Radical" left, or any radical movement. They believe that the system itself is corrupt and can't be fixed from the inside. The baby must be thrown out with the bathwater, the whole thing burned down and rebuilt from the ashes into a utopian society. That is, one where they're the police.

Daffy Duck

So if transera members have been let down time and again (I fail to see how, given all the concessions) and they're furious to the point of telling "fuck off" to an admin who brought up legit concerns about harassment to a trans staff member... why the fuck are they still there, complaining?

You're so disappointed and fed up with how the place is managed and STILL can't just hit the road and free yourself from the burden of being a member there?

Because they know it’s not actually how they say it is. They’re not oppressed, they’re the oppressors.

Last edited:
Oh you didn't do anything wrong at all but you had to have known you were getting banned for that haha

Over the past few years I haven't seen a single public figure or poster be called a Nazi and somehow get their image rehabilitated. You can't possibly swim upstream against that.

I see. Only browse the site occasionally these last 1 or 2 years and didn't really go on any of the political threads there until Cyberpunk, so didn't really realize they were this damn sensitive to take permaban-level offense to a statement like that lol. Will have fun watching the implosion from this thread though :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Calcium

Banned
Wow, I need to start paying attention to this thread again. Looks like shit is kicking off over there. Keep tearing yourself apart, Reset. It's hilarious.

I mean they wont be satisfied until they are all mods or if every thread is about trans "issues". The mods gave them a hand, they want the whole arm. And it's only goingto get worse. That's why they shouldn't have given them any major attention from the start.

I like how all the (alleged) trans members keep threatening an "exodus" like it's some massive leverage they have. And the mods go and bend themselves into even further loops based on this.

How many of them actually are there? Who would actually give a fuck if they leave? They want everyone to believe the forum would fall apart without them? Where the fuck would they even go? What other forum would treat them like Gods, as they are treated there? That force you to scroll through a fucking essay on every page of a CP thread? Just leave and shut the fuck up you insufferable, whining cunts. But they won't, cause that's their entire world. Un-fucking-believable.

sFDMI56.jpg

Termite

Can't get a next-gen console, Nintendo has no fucking games, Cyberpunk is dogshit on PS4... thank god Era is here to deliver the entertainment when no one else will.

Cerium keeps thinking he can let this all blow over and keep collecting those ad cheques. But trans era is so determined to not let it blow over.

The mods are like Roger Goodell in the NFL - they're there to take the bad PR so that no one notices the man in the corner collecting all the cash - Cerium. Until they start putting real pressure on him (and his mouthpiece B-Dubs) they'll make no progress and this will just run and run.

Hogwarts Legacy will be the true test. Cyberpunk isn't actually transphobic at all - it's just typical trans paranoia reading into poor jokes. But Hogwarts Legacy will put cash directly into the hands of the person who is probably trans people's most dangerous enemy. Fireworks will ensue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom