• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rillania

Gold Member
What a worthless piece of shit to say something like that about anyone.

That's all that place is - displaced aggression, tantrums and entitlement. It's no wonder they are a joke in the interactive entertainment industry. I tried to get interviews for some of my OTs in the past and found out later that they didn't want to be associated with that toxic place.

I don't blame them.

So she threw me under the bus too. That is very disappointing, as I thought she was the only nice Admin there.

I am. I love it🤘

Calling me a "literal nazi" is as sensible as putting a chandelier in an outhouse.

The fact that I'm still a topic on their hissing lips means that ResetEra management really needs to rethink what they want that site to be; as nothing seems to be moving in a positive, forward direction over there.

Getting Team Worthless out of there would be a great start.

They need to keep me out of their conversations.

I did nothing wrong - and their "reason" for banning me wasn't even correct or reasonable. All they've done is paint me as a bad person - which I am not. I could care less what happens over there; so why do they still insist on bringing me up in their "tantrums"?

What a shithole that place is.

That's because you're a literal celebrity there now! The wolf in sheep's clothing who managed to hang out in the pasture unsuspectingly for years to devour them at the perfect time. :pie_roffles:

Seriously though, they're using and throwing around "literal" like an elementary school kid parroting a word without really understanding or grasping what it actually means, or how to properly use it.

Last edited:

Doomtrain

The dirty truth is, none of the things they're outraged about have to make any sense, because the outrage is the point. It doesn't matter that Black Chamber is clearly not a nazi, because none of it is actually about Black Chamber to begin with. He's a scapegoat for their tantrum, but if he wasn't around, they'd have found another scapegoat instead. We live in an era (pun not intended, but it fits) where victimhood is currency. By playing the victim, they get attention, power, and immunity. This is why they're never satisfied: if the goal is literally perpetual outrage, then no amount of kowtowing to specific demands can ever satisfy that "real" goal. The minute they admit to being satisfied, their currency evaporates.

(Obligatory: this is not to say that there are not genuine social causes. There are, and they're important. But that's clearly not what 99% of Era is.)

jaysius

Banned
The nazi picture here with Karak was also in poor taste, but Era mods and people throwing the word "nazi" around so freely like that was disgusting, and the members were not even warned or baned.

You have to realize these snowflakes have NO sense of any kind of humanity at all, all they care about is 15 ms of "fame' by being triggered by something and then using the most hyperbolic shit they can imagine... we're lucky that they're not that smart, or we wouldn't get their allusions.

They live in a toddler's world where they're words have no consequence, but they're feelings are all that matter... that entire generation was a mistake.

I just came up with a new term for this shit "allusions of grandeur".

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
So she threw me under the bus too. That is very disappointing, as I thought she was the only nice Admin there.
I think you are being a tad too harsh on Sophia. I dont know her as well as you obviously. I'd say they tormented her after you left and she probably went with the path of least resistance. They appear to be good at grinding someone down.

The lunatics are feral when they have a target, you're living proof. I think she was one of the decent mods with no one really has a bad word to say about her.

It's weird to say but I think in another life she would have been a decent extra mod here. Not shitting on the current setup.

Ya, at the end of the day, it was Black Chamber Black Chamber that started all of this :messenger_beaming:
I didn't start anything - I was constantly persecuted on a daily basis starting around 5 months ago because a game I was excited for was labled as "transphobic" by 10 people on Era [11 people total globally]

It snowballed into complete madness and resulted in me getting banned for being a "trumper" which I'm not. Now they are calling me a "nazi".

Their playground rhetoric is surprisingly effective - either that, or the sheep there will just believe anything spoon-fed to them by the admins; as is evident by the illogical and banal statements made by known racist, transphobe and misogynist B-dubs.

Last edited:
I think you are being a tad too harsh on Sophia. I dont know her as well as you obviously. I'd say they tormented her after you left and she probably went with the path of least resistance. They appear to be good at grinding someone down.

The lunatics are feral when they have a target, you're living proof. I think she was one of the decent mods with no one really has a bad word to say about her.

It's weird to say but I think in another life she would have been a decent extra mod here. Not shitting on the current setup.
True, I don't know if she belittled me at all - all I remember of our conversations was that she was very nice and accommodating. She seemed above drinking B-dubs Kool-Aid and playing along with his rhetoric.
Not even that. Black Chamber doesn't like Trump. He made a joke three years ago about him "tipping his MAGA hat" or something, but he's not really a Democrat or Republican.
Exactly!

It's insane to think of someone actually choosing to be a member there after all of this came to light.

Kayhan

Six members who have insulted Poodlestrike and called on him to "resign bitch" have been Permanently Banned so far:

Brass Body Dave
Rushersauce
GiantBreadBug
Zellia
Yayate
YamiB.

Has Poodlestrike finally grown a spine?!

Meanwhile, the worst culprits who have trolled and harassed the forum for weeks have been left untouched:

ShironRedShift
Banshee mcspook
Kyuuji

These three have also been conspicuously absent from the criticism since the banhammer started to go down.

Last edited:
Six members who have insulted Poodlestrike and called on him to "resign bitch" have been Permanently Banned so far:

Brass Body Dave
Rushersauce
GiantBreadBug
Zellia
Yayate
YamiB.

Has Poodlestrike finally grown a spine?!

Meanwhile, the worst culprits who have trolled and harassed the forum for weeks have been left untouched:

ShironRedShift
Banshee mcspook
Kyuuji
Getting rid of Kyuuji would increase that site's mental health stat by a factor of 100,000.

Majmun

You get banned there for being anything other than a full-on communists.

Not even that. Black Chamber doesn't like Trump. He made a joke three years ago about him "tipping his MAGA hat" or something, but he's not really a Democrat or Republican.

That's laughable. I haven't really checked that place since late 2019. It was fun to rile them up with my golddigger and ex-boufriend threads, but other than that I didn't care about the place.

Neogaf has it local crazies as well, but you don't have to constantly walk on eggshells.

But I know that Neogaf, for a time, was like Resetera as well. The many SJW's and dramatics ruined the forum back then, just like they're ruining Resetera now. I hope we learn something from this.

Gold Member
GAF shoutout!

sAX24Ab.png

The lack of self awareness in that post is hurting my head. Not only are most of their threads textbook echo chambers, but these are meant to be GAMING forums. But of course we just talk about Trump, sure. Can tell they haven’t left their “safe space” in a while if they actually believe that shit.

could you imagine how peaceful Era would be without the insane TransEra members? At least the ones that cause all of the ruckus on the site, would be so much better.

I don’t think it would be much different. You need to get rid of all the attention whores and virtual signallers. From what I can tell there are many that would fill TransEra boots in a heartbeat. Reee seems to roll from one tragedy to the next like some modern day Shakespeare play. It’s definitely on the way out judging by the recent implosions :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The lack of self awareness in that post is hurting my head. Not only are most of their threads textbook echo chambers, but these are meant to be GAMING forums. But of course we just talk about Trump, sure. Can tell they haven’t left their “safe space” in a while if they actually believe that shit.
From what I've experienced from that place, it's shocking just exactly what they do believe.

They love to spread the persistent lies of "NeoGAF is a racist trumper-town, filled with transphobes and nazis" - they have this obsession with creating completely false narratives about this place in the hopes that members won't join up here...and see just how deranged a place that ResetEra actually is.

That is really all it boils down to. I've seen more hate, racism and bigotry on ResetEra than on 4Chan.

Facts💯

sobaka770

Banned
So did the mods all go away to regroup after this blowout?
I need to go to bed but shadenfreude is addictive.

And to be clear, I do feel for trans people but the Ree types are just too much. They need a safe space from everything and that can't be Resetera. At least not while trying to also make money and the biggest forum for videogames with insiders and stuff.
Mod is right, that original post if not made by trans person would be banned without appeal in seconds. And the "attack" at transgender poster with pound sand while bizarre for a mod is totally warranted considering how they even got mods to feel depressed, now that's some love spreading right there.

Nothing really new, but might as well post some discord musings from an involved party. Don't think this would be considered doxxing since like I said it's not really anything new, but if it is, I'll delete it.

oDgn4cw.png

zTEnx7w.png

YsDyGaL.png

I guess Delphine is the mysterious 3rd trans admin? SapphiCine is another trans mod, but I'm not sure if she was involved in this.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Nothing really new, but might as well post some discord musings from an involved party. Don't think this would be considered doxxing since like I said it's not really anything new, but if it is, I'll delete it.

oDgn4cw.png

zTEnx7w.png

YsDyGaL.png

I guess Delphine is the mysterious 3rd trans admin? SapphiCine is another trans mod, but I'm not sure if she was involved in this.
I want to see that ridiculous list of ideas that got show off

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
When did Karak get banned and did anyone post the screenshot of the reason? I’d love to see it.

also, is all these meltdowns over Chberpunk? I haven’t been following.

paypay88

Banned
i think they probably noticed traffic lose but will try to won't care to a certain degree. Because cyberpunk gonna have next gen edition , expansions multiplayer etc. Also Harry Potter also same. Not to forget they seem gonna try with Nintendo also same thing.

i wish game devs just went the fuck away from there

LordCBH

The Era moderation team has bent over backwards to please TransEra and the response has been TransEra heaping more and more abuse on the moderators.

When will the Era moderators stand up for themselves and take back the forum?

Never. Because they’re pussies.

They love to spread the persistent lies of "NeoGAF is a racist trumper-town, filled with transphobes and nazis" - they have this obsession with creating completely false narratives about this place in the hopes that members won't join up here...and see just how deranged a place that ResetEra actually is.
It serves as an excellent deflector for those types, though. The reputation keeps brainlets away. We even have bigbrains on GAF who puppet that same rhetoric yet aren't banned. Whether they're handwaving for ERA or accusing GAF of some hidden racism, this forum at least gives them a platform to voice their... totally original and nuanced opinions. But they prove our openness, inadvertently.

The sort of people who would be dumb enough to believe the accusations that we're a racist Trumper-town full of transphobes and nazis do not last long here anyway. They tend to fizzle out in a blaze of self-righteousness.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I and many others here have said that site isn't sustainable the way they were going. People walking on eggshells all the time, tension building by the day. People being catered to for their madness, which just justifies their behavior to themselves, which means the standard of what becomes acceptable there constantly rise and rise until it hits unreachable heights. Now that they've allowed this madness to fester, this is what you get. A freaking video game is causing a meltdown.

What they should have done a long time ago is tell these people, if you can't handle normal discussions about video games, you probably should seek community elsewhere, because it's not the job of an entire internet community to cater to these niche extremes. And they'd have been much better off. But this is what they get for trying to maintain a juggling act, eventually it was going to slip and come crashing down.

I was about to say Resetera mods either need to hand over the keys or put their foot down or the site won't last until the Harry Potter game, Looks like they might finally be doing the latter though.

To think all of this hysteria and the site eating itself can be pretty much traced back to this one little image.

GWjJlUs.jpg

Insane that such a stunningly brave image has been so vilified.

Patriots7

TransEra clearly has no intention of leaving ResetEra, so I'm not sure why people continue to give any credibility to those threats.

LOL @ the people in this thread who are also posting in the RE thread.

For those late to the party, here is a recap of today at ResetEra (thanks to all of the users in this thread for their screencaps):

High on their banning of Black Chamber Black Chamber , TransEra was celebrating over their latest conquest:

qKrbPOI.gif

But not being happy to rest on their laurels, they got together to decide who would be their next target:

BMaJ.gif

But Poodlestrike had his own plans, fashioned with his cardboard crown from Burger King, he was letting his admin powers get to his head.

uFv1BSB.png

Not content to add his personal touch to his ban messages he set his sights on a larger target: TransEra itself, starting with user A.By.

e546tuyhe5r6tyhu.png

But A.By was having none of it, and took the opportunity to go on the attack with a headshot:
23a967484169ca99a548d796b54d957f.gif

unknown.png

Not only that, but A.By was using Poodlestrike's own words against him and he was letting him have a taste of his own medicine:

laY5m.gif

Not to be outdone, like a beacon of light other Era users came out of the woodwork, like cockroaches in a kitchen after the light is turned on, to get their sucker punches in:

i4iXY88.png

pi9JIaw.png

d2IqcG9.png

nRp0sJ5.gif

FDWJknl.png

NpBlwcD.gif

So in his infinite wisdom, what does Poodlestrike think to do, "I know, let me explain myself!! Surely, they will understand! Don't they realize everything I do for this community??"

jsgIhvz.jpg

But it was too late and they were having none of it. They were out for blood:

wlkESa9.png

4848488-starscream-disgusts-megatron.gif

NtepEbP.png

mRjt4vC.gif

How will it end?? Stay tuned!!

Meanwhile over at Neogaf:

54Aj5F7.gif

For those late to the party, here is a recap of today at ResetEra (thanks to all of the users in this thread for their screencaps):

High on their banning of Black Chamber Black Chamber , TransEra was celebrating over their latest conquest:

qKrbPOI.gif

But not being happy to rest on their laurels, they got together to decide who would be their next target:

BMaJ.gif

But Poodlestrike had his own plans, fashioned with his cardboard crown from Burger King, he was letting his admin powers get to his head.
fcWFHt.gif

uFv1BSB.png

Not content to add his personal touch to his ban messages he set his sights on a larger target: TransEra itself, starting with user A.By.

e546tuyhe5r6tyhu.png

But A.By was having none of it, and took the opportunity to go on the attack with a headshot:

unknown.png

Not only that, but A.By was using Poodlestrike's own words against him and he was letting him have a taste of his own medicine:

laY5m.gif

Not to be outdone, like a beacon of light other Era users came out of the woodwork, like cockroaches in a kitchen after the light is turned on, to get their sucker punches in:

i4iXY88.png

pi9JIaw.png

d2IqcG9.png

nRp0sJ5.gif

FDWJknl.png

NpBlwcD.gif

So in his infinite wisdom, what does Poodlestrike think to do, "I know, let me explain myself!! Surely, they will understand! Don't they realize everything I do for this community??"

jsgIhvz.jpg

wlkESa9.png

NtepEbP.png

mRjt4vC.gif

54Aj5F7.gif
The drama is so good.

chris121580

This is why those people need to be banned immediately. They just make up stuff, and make it look like its a fact and people eventually believe it. This can actually hurt people like Karak.
Correct. He didn’t say anything remotely close to what they’re saying. They completely twisted his words to meet their agenda. That forum is hot garbage. Would love to see Karak go after them for slander. They’re affecting his business by spreading lies

nush

qKrbPOI.gif

BMaJ.gif

fcWFHt.gif

uFv1BSB.png

e546tuyhe5r6tyhu.png

unknown.png

laY5m.gif

i4iXY88.png

pi9JIaw.png

d2IqcG9.png

nRp0sJ5.gif

FDWJknl.png

NpBlwcD.gif

jsgIhvz.jpg

wlkESa9.png

NtepEbP.png

mRjt4vC.gif

54Aj5F7.gif

yzgPeCs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.