• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astros-Logo.png
2Aa8s4Q_d.webp

Dick Jones

Gold Member
lol, how did you end up with "Junior"? i checked the ban list
One of the mods must have changed it when I mentioned my dislike of the word junior being bandied about by the REEs to talk down to newer posters. Junior member title is long gone in GAF but for a second I thought I had a warning.

Why Véronique, being a canadian, seems to think that eveyone should follow her opinion about USA politics?
Her being a mod doesn't make any sense. Worst, it seems that she is also a mod in a heavy metal forum. WTF.

Last edited:
People are banned from making threads about the PC exclusive DLC for Death Stranding because it is Cyberpunk 2077 centric. So now the bloated Cyberpunk 2077 OT hosts all discussion ranging from console technical issues, PC performance discussion, constant attempts at thread derailment, and now Death Stranding discussion. It's like they're willfully pretending that the next year isn't gonna be filled with Cyberpunk 2077 DLC for other games.

Tuff McNutt

Thanks.

That's all a bit...sad? Why waste time doing that kinda shit?

It's because he has nothing else going on.

He tried being a games reviewer and only did 2 or 3 (1 of them being plagiarized from another writer) for some no-name blog (laughably, this was enough to get him a "verified" tag on Era).

Purported himself as a great tech expert but was only a level 1 IT guy, the whole "incident manager" tag was a joke on this, but he's so desperate for attention, he went along with it.

A total mod wannabe and self appointed police of the forum, even after it became apparent and he got bans for his shitty tone, he would still startup dogpiles and banbait.

Makes up stories about "fucking my hot girlfriend" (aka the "My girlfriend lives in Canada" stores losers told in high school).

He wasn't honest about being here, at the least, it was a lame attention grab. But I think it was more so he could show his Era overlords that he was a good boy and could get gossip on all of us dirty Nazis at GAF.

Fuck him, he was a known piece of crap and Lore was right to ban him.

ManaByte

People are banned from making threads about the PC exclusive DLC for Death Stranding because it is Cyberpunk 2077 centric. So now the bloated Cyberpunk 2077 OT hosts all discussion ranging from console technical issues, PC performance discussion, constant attempts at thread derailment, and now Death Stranding discussion. It's like they're willfully pretending that the next year isn't gonna be filled with Cyberpunk 2077 DLC for other games.

Don't forget the Cyberpunk car in Forza Horizon 4. So that big OT also has to deal with a driving game.

PoundSand

Banned

"Buys game for mature audiences, cannot handle mature content"

This is the kind of shit that scares me. Neopuritans coninuously trying to censor and make taboo content they don't like. Villains in a fictional world shouting "Get raped!" should never be an issue. You don't like it? Go play something else! It's what I do. It's what every normal, functioning human being does! But not these authoritarians. They don't like it, so nobody must be allowed to.

Really the biggest reason to boycott PlayStation 5 and Sony. Say no to censorship.

Reckheim

This is the kind of shit that scares me. Neopuritans coninuously trying to censor and make taboo content they don't like. Villains in a fictional world shouting "Get raped!" should never be an issue. You don't like it? Go play something else! It's what I do. It's what every normal, functioning human being does! But not these authoritarians. They don't like it, so nobody must be allowed to.

Really the biggest reason to boycott PlayStation 5 and Sony. Say no to censorship.
care to elaborate?

Why was Hobbess banned? Pretty disappointing to be honest. He did nothing that deserved a ban, and it seems he was being honest and genuine. I probably disagree with 99% of his postings on resetera, but it was a fascinating opportunity to engage with him and have a discourse. Dunno, seems needlessly cruel. I guess I'm just regretful I didn't even get a chance to ask him anything. I was compiling a list.

kNO94Ra.png

cormack12

Gold Member

Brilliant.

"Buys game for mature audiences, cannot handle mature content"

The thing is that in these poorly educated desperate places of Night City, of course they will use street slang and it will be vile. They'll be calling out 'Stand by Me' next. Given the diversity of language and culture, they also need the frame of reference to be vile and disgusting so it transcends those language barriers. e.g. rape is universally condemned and immediately known as being a vile/piece of shit threat

Last edited:

belmarduk

It sucks that Hobbes is banned, but transgender people that I know, one that I've been friends with before they figured themselves out, believes that Resetera has done far more harm towards trans acceptance than even the most transphobic video game you can think of.

Really...
Imagine you had never met or interacted with a transgender person and your first impression of them was the way they behaved on ResetEra. Its far more harmful than anything in Cyberpunk 2077 (which isn't really hateful toward transgender people in any way.)

Arimer

I feel like Neogaf needs an incident manager that when posting only posts youtube clips of car accidents, slip and falls, getting hit in the nuts, etc. You know, incidents.

Saw a thread about Mt Rushmore on Era and it’s times like these that I’m glad I don’t post there anymore. Every thread turns into who can be the most woke.

I think this is the winner:

ALGHi0x.jpg

FUCK Lincoln. Sure, he freed the slaves, but he wasn't sufficiently woke to 2020 standards. Piece of shit. I mean obviously if *I* was around in the 1800s, I would have been just as woke as I performatively am now on a videogame forum one the internet, and I would have done stuff SO much better than abolishing slavery.

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS! FUCK CDPR! ACAB! I WIN!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Hell I'm so old I remember when Gone with the Wind was ok with Hollywood and even a bit progressive because Hattie McDaniel got an oscar for it. Oh wait that was like 10-15 years ago.
blackface was seen a progressive at one point. it was the first forays of black culture into the mass popular consciousness. slavery itself was seen as more humanitarian than the murderous genocide which it replaced.

progressive pop culture is not free from cancelling. Charlie Chan was once seen as a progressive figure that worked against Asian stereotypes. nowadays it's seen as blatant racist Orientalism. what was once a progressive representation inevitably gets cancelled because progressives were always racist too. that's the problem with cancel culture, it doesn't just cancel "bad stuff". by erasing history you are erasing the racism of progressives.

there is tons of problematic shit nowadays that gets a free pass due to politics, it doesn't matter, it will be censored in time if we keep going down this road. that is why Gone With the Wind, the first movie where a black lead won an Oscar, was removed. tbh it's not hard to imagine a future in 10-15 years where people look back on The Last Jedi and think it incredibly racist due to all the age-old Stephin Fetchit tropes it saddles it's black lead with.

not to mention if you go down the road of censorship in the name of progress, erasing history to support your bright shining cultural purity, you are literally doing the same as Nazis. they thought they were "on the right side of history" too!

Last edited:

Ymir

There is a ban aggregator for Era, although its run by a well-known trolling site, so I won't link it here. You could google it.
Given the lunacy and outrage in recent weeks at Resetera, I'm not even sure if the farms troll as much as REEEEERA does at this point.

FUCK Lincoln. Sure, he freed the slaves, but he wasn't sufficiently woke to 2020 standards. Piece of shit. I mean obviously if *I* was around in the 1800s, I would have been just as woke as I performatively am now on a videogame forum one the internet, and I would have done stuff SO much better than abolishing slavery.

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS! FUCK CDPR! ACAB! I WIN!

Where did he mention transpeople in his presidency? Exactly, yet again ERASED from the history by another WHITE CISHET MALE

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS!

Last edited:
Saw a thread about Mt Rushmore on Era and it’s times like these that I’m glad I don’t post there anymore. Every thread turns into who can be the most woke.

I think this is the winner:

ALGHi0x.jpg
I notice that literally nothing in this post talks about Native Americans, aka the only people who have a right to be upset about the sculpture. The history behind the Black Hills is very unpleasant. This is well worth a read.

The land was stolen. Straight up stolen, because it had gold in it. And the faces in the mountain became symbols of betrayal, and broken treaties. The suffering of the native peoples of America is a serious issue, and the scars run deep.

But white people (GAF's primary demographic is white dudes in their 30s) on internet forums smugly saying "blow it up" isn't addressing the issue of how to educate people on what happened. It's a complex issue. Nitpicking Lincoln's presence on the thing is so petty and is perfectly reflective of Era's "me, me, me" fixations. Native Americans do not register on their oppressed groups worthy of caring about-meter. Their struggles are just set dressing for them to talk about their pet issues.

Ultimately, Rushmore was not intended as a monument to slavery or oppression or anything like that. It is supposed to be a tourist attraction-slash-"it really makes you think" historical monument. You're supposed to look at the faces and think about American history. And this led to the argument that Rushmore should be a place for history. Embrace that role, and use it to help people understand history. Blowing up the mountain isn't going to help teach tourists the good, bad, and ugly parts of history. It's not gonna advance the Native American cause.

graywolf323

Ehh, I use the same username (and avatar) here and there.

If they ban me over the fact I had the nerve of posting somewhere else on the internet, so be it.

I'm sure there are people already sifting through my posts to find dirt on me.

they'll find you & ban you eventually, they're clearly targeting anyone who dares post elsewhere that they disapprove of that doesn't use different usernames

EviLore EviLore

I've thought about it some more

Fuck that dumb tiger

You are wise beyond your years sir

Cheers

hey now, Hobbes is the best friend someone could have

the stuffed tiger I mean, not the self-appointed incident manager

Last edited:

dave_d

blackface was seen a progressive at one point. it was the first forays of black culture into the mass popular consciousness. slavery itself was seen as more humanitarian than the murderous genocide which it replaced.

progressive pop culture is not free from cancelling. Charlie Chan was once seen as a progressive figure that worked against Asian stereotypes. nowadays it's seen as blatant racist Orientalism. what was once a progressive representation inevitably gets cancelled because progressives were always racist too. that's the problem with cancel culture, it doesn't just cancel "bad stuff". by erasing history you are erasing the racism of progressives.

there is tons of problematic shit nowadays that gets a free pass due to politics, it doesn't matter, it will be censored in time if we keep going down this road. that is why Gone With the Wind, the first movie where a black lead won an Oscar, was removed. tbh it's not hard to imagine a future in 10-15 years where people look back on The Last Jedi and think it incredibly racist due to all the age-old Stephin Fetchit tropes it saddles it's black lead with.

not to mention if you go down the road of censorship in the name of progress, erasing history to support your bright shining cultural purity, you are literally doing the same as Nazis. they thought they were "on the right side of history" too!
What makes this worse is the tentacles of this attitude can reach into ridiculous directions. Just as an example Boston University is seriously considering renaming its mascot because his name is Rhett. Yes he's named after Rhett Butler which I guess is too racist these days.(Basically they called him Rhett because nobody loves Scarlet more than Rhett.) I also find in funny they're fine throwing around the term "Uncle Tom" but have probably never read the book. For anybody that hasn't read the book you want to know who absolutely isn't an Uncle Tom? Uncle Tom.

edify

Neo Member
He was an uncool kid desperate for recognition and tried to get in with "the cool kids" on Resetera. The tolerated him just because he would kiss ass and tell them what they wanted to hear. He constantly overestimated his "Popularity" and they kept slapping him with bans to keep him in line.

jHeV3hZ.png
Jesus Christ that last one. Notre Dame doesn't even rhyme with flame. Fucking hell..

Kayhan

FREE HOBBESS

In other breaking news, ResetEra moderators keeps using the Constructive Community Discussion thread to suss out the most annoying members and perm banning them. Good for them.

Kyuuji, Shugga and Banshee mcspook has caught on to this and have set foot in that thread since the recent implosion (Kyuuji is probably excused, too busy playing her 2020 GOTY). ShironRedShift does put long troll posts in there but the moderators don't have the balls to just perm him even though he continuously call for the Poodlestrike to be demodded and banned.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

Kyuuji and Shugga probably have ban immunity because they are prominent minority members.

I have no idea why Banshee is still around. I buy into it that they are an alt of a mod or previously permed power poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom