• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
QSjn9bV.jpg

0kZ6ovS.png
Don't know if my next ban could be my last
Fuckers 😂😂😂

Oh man, I missed a fun one. As I said before, I can understand some users getting sucked into the dogpiling, it happened to me too during my time on Era, but eventually you need to look at the mirror and realize that spending 8 hours a day every day trying to make up excuses to insult a developer you don't like is just not healthy. Play a fucking game you like, fight some actual injustice in life, go to sleep, take a walk. The atmosphere cultivates outrage, but boy, folks like Hobbes or Kyuuji take it way too far.

Darchaos

If just people like on ERA lived theire life in a bubble and everyrhing they said stayed on that shitforum. But the problem is that thoose people manages to affect people outside of the bubble.

Censorship and cancellations for an example. So its not just a bunch of weirdos screeming on a forum, they actually has managed to get power.

Ron Mexico

816 pages of a 2nd thread dedicated to pointing out and laughing at performative wokeness and yet somehow one of the bigger offenders comes here and we somehow think he's even remotely genuine?

He didn't even pen a love letter to Kyuuji for the sake of it. Kyuuji is the means to an end on a site where moderation has shown they'll bend to pressure on...well, literally anything. You get the "right" people to take up the cause and off you go.

Hobbes wasn't the first. He won't be the last.

Ionian

It's long story;

- Basically he screeched on the site and kept getting banned.
- Makes up roles.
- Came here and said he was doing that and living in a basement, but lol, comments funny
- Lasted a day. RIP Hobbes

nush

Can someone kindly explain what’s happened in here? Who is Hobbes and what did he do?

He was an uncool kid desperate for recognition and tried to get in with "the cool kids" on Resetera. The tolerated him just because he would kiss ass and tell them what they wanted to hear. He constantly overestimated his "Popularity" and they kept slapping him with bans to keep him in line.

jHeV3hZ.png

Until there was a dogpile he could not resist joining and tried to make to make an alt just to join in because he could not wait a week or so for his current ban to expire.

Posted on GAF without the protected status he had earned on Resetera.

Was a dick.

Got permabanned.

Tuff McNutt

I know I am a bit late to this and it is OT for this thread, but if any of you are like Hobbes and pro abolish/defund the police, ACAB, etc., you are free to visit my hometown of Minneapolis. I used to live 2 blocks from Cup Foods, where the George Floyd shit happened, and even the people that were yelling the loudest to get rid of the cops now want them back, as (not surprisingly) the crime has escalated to the point that the cops can't cover every call. The city council's genius solution is to establish a mental health hotline for "support" for non-violent crimes.

Downtown (where the second wave of riots were centered) is now a ghost area. Most businesses are boarded up and will not be returning. Robberies and carjackings have gone up about 300%. I am currently working from home due to COVID, but I don't foresee returning to the office even after there is a vaccine due to the crime. And my company is a Fortune 100 firm that occupies two office buildings.

I agree that there does need to be some reform with the police, especially with training and psychological testing/treatment; also the laws needs to be looked at, especially for low-level non-violent drug/alcohol offenses. But to say ACAB seriously is an incredibly flawed viewpoint that will only instill more suffering for the people you are virtue signalling so hard for.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nice man, did you do speed runs, no hit runs, or just your own amusment?
I mean, I was so young and honestly I just remember slaughtering bloody palace with my friends non-stop 😂 for some reason EVERYONE around the block loved DMC2??? It wasn’t until internet got popular that I realized I wasn’t supposed to like it or something? Haha!

Enzo88

I know I am a bit late to this and it is OT for this thread, but if any of you are like Hobbes and pro abolish/defund the police, ACAB, etc., you are free to visit my hometown of Minneapolis. I used to live 2 blocks from Cup Foods, where the George Floyd shit happened, and even the people that were yelling the loudest to get rid of the cops now want them back, as (not surprisingly) the crime has escalated to the point that the cops can't cover every call. The city council's genius solution is to establish a mental health hotline for "support" for non-violent crimes.

Downtown (where the second wave of riots were centered) is now a ghost area. Most businesses are boarded up and will not be returning. Robberies and carjackings have gone up about 300%. I am currently working from home due to COVID, but I don't foresee returning to the office even after there is a vaccine due to the crime. And my company is a Fortune 100 firm that occupies two office buildings.

I agree that there does need to be some reform with the police, especially with training and psychological testing/treatment; also the laws needs to be looked at, especially for low-level non-violent drug/alcohol offenses. But to say ACAB seriously is an incredibly flawed viewpoint that will only instill more suffering for the people you are virtue signalling so hard for.
You`re talking a language they don`t understand called real life.

nush

I mean, I was so young and honestly I just remember slaughtering bloody palace with my friends non-stop 😂 for some reason EVERYONE around the block loved DMC2??? It wasn’t until internet got popular that I realized I wasn’t supposed to like it or something? Haha!

no shit.

XXL

Many of Reset's users are just regular people who want to chat and talk about video games and have a place on the internet to call virtual home. Those people are largely fine and I'm glad to welcome them back here and give them an alternative to that lunatic asylum where they don't have to be fearful of wrongthink. But we're not importing ResetEra's cancerous true believer Intelligentsia and Gestapo.

Enzo88

'Blacklist' is considered a racist/ableist/whatever term as of this year, so lots of places find ways to block it's use.
Yes and That's freaking stupid, It's another useless way to pander to sjws without solving racism at all.

Actually i would argue it separates people more and creates more resentment.

Black is a fucking color before being associated with any ethnicity.

How about we cancel the blackbelt from martial arts? I guess we don't cause It has a positive connotation for black people? It's just a damn color XD

Papa

Banned
Don’t even know what to feel reading Hobbes’ posts. He’s just sad. The overuse of ! when responding to people is like the soylent grin in punctuation form. Like he’s so lacking in self-confidence that he tries to be overly enthusiastic to compensate. Meh.

I'm all for giving people a shot at redemption and a clean slate, but it's clear from Hobbes' follow-up posts that he's not ready to be here (or really any other online community outside of ResetEra). As noted, he's one of that site's True Believers.

Last edited:

Reckheim

Hobbes is a typical boot licker, he did this shit in era. Comes in and acts all friendly and tries to get in the good books with the staff (which obviously works).

Later on when everyone trusts and 'respects' him he becomes an insufferable turd cause he thinks he is above everyone (which I'm sure you could already see from his posts here).

TheMan

So whatever happened to noodlestrike (sp?) over there after his outburst? I'm a bit out of the loop.

Also, can I just say it is fascinating to see the relationship between GAF and Resetera play out. Truly two sides of the same coin. Hilarious how Neogaf refers to resetera as Reee and Resetera can barely stand to even say GAF, mostly just saying "the other place" as if most of them didn't come from here.

PoundSand

Banned
OMG, how I can't stand that self-depreciation of Hobbes. This is such a cheap conversational tactic, presenting yourself as lesser, thus relieving yourself from criticism. Hobbes, I know you're banned, but I just wanna say: Stop playing into Resetera's hand. They're bad people. Chill, step back, and re-evaluate these people's behavior. They don't deserve your support. Have a nice life.

If just people like on ERA lived theire life in a bubble and everyrhing they said stayed on that shitforum. But the problem is that thoose people manages to affect people outside of the bubble.

Censorship and cancellations for an example. So its not just a bunch of weirdos screeming on a forum, they actually has managed to get power.

Exactly. If Resetera was just some community indulging in their insanity, whatever. But too many members of the industry listen to their insane demands, and that makes it a problem for all of us. Personally, I hope we'll soon see the day of Resetera's end, just like I celebrated Old NeoGaf's end when proto-Resetera reigned this forum. I don't think I would have made it through another "Female Link"-thread without an aneurisma ...

PoundSand

Banned

Using slurs is fine when trans era decides it's ok.

(Disclaimer: Ofc, saying bastard should be fine. Just like "blind" or whatever. But this is Resetera. Dismissing one minority because you feel like it. Bad look.)

Ymir

Using slurs is fine when trans era decides it's ok.

(Disclaimer: Ofc, saying bastard should be fine. Just like "blind" or whatever. But this is Resetera. Dismissing one minority because you feel like it. Bad look.)
LMAO, these morons are too afraid to post because they don't want to get banned. What fucking warriors, truly they are on the moral high ground.

Persephone said:
i've been keeping up with that thread for days but i haven't posted as i have no interest in being perma'd (idk if that makes me a coward lol). it's a Mess

Brute

He was an uncool kid desperate for recognition and tried to get in with "the cool kids" on Resetera. The tolerated him just because he would kiss ass and tell them what they wanted to hear. He constantly overestimated his "Popularity" and they kept slapping him with bans to keep him in line.

jHeV3hZ.png

Until there was a dogpile he could not resist joining and tried to make to make an alt just to join in because he could not wait a week or so for his current ban to expire.

Posted on GAF without the protected status he had earned on Resetera.

Was a dick.

Got permabanned.
Thanks.

That's all a bit...sad? Why waste time doing that kinda shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom