• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
are NB's the most oppressed of the alphabet soup? gender binaries are essential to Lesbian, Gay, and Bi. just as well trans people seem to be all about embracing binary gender norms (after all the transition process is about more accurately resembling those norms through surgery).

but the enbys seem to say that's bullshit, those norms are oppressive. or do i have that wrong? i dunno it seems like tranys and enbys would be entirely opposed to one another.

Last edited:
Solid review! Love how these assholes ranting about the game haven't played a fucking second of it. Amazing "list".

Sk0KWaJ.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
Seriously how people have the same usernames and stuff across services......I feel some of these things are stuff you grow out of at like 12/13 right? No wonder they stand behind fucking deer twat on twitch.....

DonJorginho

Banned
Solid review! Love how these assholes ranting about the game haven't played a fucking second of it. Amazing "list".

Sk0KWaJ.jpg
I love how most of this "review" is just things that have no correspondence with the fucking game like "nods to being pro-cop" and who could forget such diamonds like "the racist garbage". Makes me fucking crease that this cuck is upset they can't do other forms of penetration 😂

The fact this game is selling well and despite its issues on consoles and bug wise is a great title is making them lose their minds.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
someone remind me of all the "racism" in that game? what the fuck is he talking about?

also pretty funny how bugs & crunch both comes first before trans people on that list. they are important but not as important as bugs, or crunch.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol he is mad that the terrorist who assaults his woman is demonized.

actually, that's not really surprising, considering their heroes are all junkies and rapists.

Last edited:
I love how most of this "review" is just things that have no correspondence with the fucking game like "nods to being pro-cop" and who could forget such diamonds like "the racist garbage". Makes me fucking crease that this cuck is upset they can't do other forms of penetration 😂

The fact this game is selling well and despite its issues on consoles and bug wise is a great title is making them lose their minds.

If only they were the only ones losing their minds. Can you imagine there are people on this very forum calling those who disagree with their perspective on Cyberpunk 2077 CDPR "bootlickers"?

Ah!

DonJorginho

Banned
If only they were the only ones losing their minds. Can you imagine there are people on this very forum calling those who disagree with their perspective on Cyberpunk 2077 CDPR "bootlickers"?

Ah!
2020 is a year unrivalled for game feuds, The Last of Us Part II, Final Fantasy VII Remake and now Cyberpunk!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Now it makes sense why they love Sterling so much...
UowRpFU.jpg
Sterling is also a literal pedestal standing fascist who spend all his time REEEing and screaming like a fat baby about video games, all while profiting from the stereotype of the ever-present "toxic gamers" boogeyman.

coming out trans is the #1 best career move any games journalist could have. instant simp army.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
truly, the most cherished person in the world to you should be the fentanyl addicted rapist who murders your parents, both of whom are cops.

and you, you are a beautiful, magical pony.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How the fuck is non-binary the same as trans? Even screechers like Ashlette can't seem to get their own definitions straight.

It's pretty crazy. Unless I'm not understanding something here someone going "I don't conform to gender norms" isn't at all the same as "I identify as the opposite sex and now require surgery and hormone treatments".

So really he's something completely different now.

fatty

my bad, I took it from here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/an-update-on-the-mod-team.7152/

But actually, this is a more complete source - https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-your-new-admins-and-mods.12/

Here’s the score:

Administrators - 1 of 9

Cerium
Emily
Methuselah
Nibel
Rowlf
Shinobi602
Sirpopopop
Sweet Nicole

ZhugeEX

System Administrators - 0 of 3

deltaplus - nuked account
Ferny - ghosted in Nov 2018
ratrosaw - ghosted in April 2019

Moderators - 10 of 31

Aiii
Brazil
BronsonLee - nuked account
Cheesemeister
Durante

Fiction
Galvan
Grizzly - nuked account
Hecht
JaseC
Jonneh

Judge
Kirblar
kswiston
Kyonashi

Lonestar
Matt
Morrigan
NateDrake
Nightengale
Penguin
PlanetSmasher
plagiarize
Professor Beef
Robin

Royalan
Selina
Shun

Slayven
Spider
Supernorn
Sylverstone - ghosted in Nov 2018

Total - 11 of 43 remain - 26%

Just because I was curious I took Chittagong Chittagong 's list of original staff members there and updated it to see where it is currently.

Source - Original staff list

Updated tally:

Administrators - 0 of 9

Cerium
Emily

Methuselah
Nibel
Rowlf
Shinobi602
Sirpopopop
Sweet Nicole

ZhugeEX

Moderators -6 of 31

Aiii
Brazil
Cheesemeister
Durante
Fiction
Galvan

Grizzly - nuked account
Hecht - promoted to admin
JaseC
Jonneh

Judge
Kirblar
kswiston
Kyonashi

Lonestar
Matt
Morrigan
NateDrake
Nightengale
Penguin
PlanetSmasher
plagiarize
Professor Beef
Robin

Royalan
Selina
Shun

Slayven
Spider
Supernorn

Total - 6 of 43 remain - 14%

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just because I was curious I took Chittagong Chittagong 's list of original staff members there and updated it to see where it is currently.

Updated tally:

Administrators - 0 of 9

Cerium
Emily

Methuselah
Nibel
Rowlf
Shinobi602
Sirpopopop
Sweet Nicole

ZhugeEX

Moderators -6 of 31

Aiii
Brazil
Cheesemeister
Durante
Fiction
Galvan

Grizzly - nuked account
JaseC
Jonneh

Judge
Kirblar
kswiston
Kyonashi

Lonestar
Matt
Morrigan
NateDrake
Nightengale
Penguin
PlanetSmasher
plagiarize
Professor Beef
Robin

Royalan
Selina
Shun

Slayven
Spider
Supernorn

I'm curious about the "second round" survival rate because, to listen to them tell it, it was always the plan for those admins to step down. At least a few of those like ZhugeEX anyway.

Ymir

It's pretty crazy. Unless I'm not understanding something here someone going "I don't conform to gender norms" isn't at all the same as "I identify as the opposite sex and now require surgery and hormone treatments".

So really he's something completely different now.
Pretty much, since the troon uprising people have been using those terms interchangeably which makes no sense.

Electret

Breakdown
Fantastic breakdown and interesting trip down memory lane.

It's interesting to see names that were former mainstays that have gone on to all but disappear. Durante is one of those - he was a forum celebrity here and ERA for a while between his technical knowledge and fixes to bad PC ports, but it all seemed to come crashing down when he went on a tirade driven by a fragile ego against someone doing technical analysis of games (I think it was NXGamer). I hated seeing such a nasty, egotistical, and uncalled for attack come from someone I used to respect.

Updated tally:

Administrators - 0 of 9

Cerium
Emily

Methuselah
Nibel
Rowlf
Shinobi602
Sirpopopop
Sweet Nicole

ZhugeEX

Moderators -6 of 31

Aiii
Brazil
Cheesemeister
Durante
Fiction
Galvan

Grizzly - nuked account
JaseC
Jonneh

Judge
Kirblar
kswiston
Kyonashi

Lonestar
Matt
Morrigan
NateDrake
Nightengale
Penguin
PlanetSmasher
plagiarize
Professor Beef
Robin

Royalan
Selina
Shun

Slayven
Spider
Supernorn

Jawmuncher's a mod, so I would add him to the list, unless of course this is the original team we're talking about

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Fantastic breakdown and interesting trip down memory lane.

It's interesting to see names that were former mainstays that have gone on to all but disappear. Durante is one of those - he was a forum celebrity here and ERA for a while between his technical knowledge and fixes to bad PC ports, but it all seemed to come crashing down when he went on a tirade driven by a fragile ego against someone doing technical analysis of games (I think it was NXGamer). I hated seeing such a nasty, egotistical, and uncalled for attack come from someone I used to respect.
Didn't know that about Durante. That's a shame. He did a lot of good work. Is he still in the industry?

Phobos Base

Sterling is also a literal pedestal standing fascist who spend all his time REEEing and screaming like a fat baby about video games, all while profiting from the stereotype of the ever-present "toxic gamers" boogeyman.

coming out trans is the #1 best career move any games journalist could have. instant simp army.

Plus he's a complete hypocrite as well. Supposedly stands up against shady developers, but says nothing about Zoe Quinn's Kickstarter scam, which I'm sure is completely unrelated to the face he has a voice acting role in it.

lmimmfn

I was subscribed to Jim for several years, he had good journalism years ago but in the past 9 months his wokeness has become insufferable so gladly unsubscribed to that toxic :) shit.

Enzo88

Let people, Jim Sterling included, identify in whatever they want, i don't care, i wish them all happiness.

What i have an issue with is the over correction of seeing oppression everywhere and trying to twist creative arts to specific social causes, forcingly.

Creators should feel free to pursue their vision without feeling the necessity to pander to anyone specifically.

If they want to tackle a cause in a deeper manner, cool, if they don't, that's cool too and it doesn't make them automatically AGAINST that cause.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
just remember

I’m kinda struggling with this mid life trans trend.

Conceptually it makes sense when someone is born with gender dysphoria.

But are there really all these people just now coming to terms with who they are in their 30s or later? Or does it sometimes onset later in life? And if so, does that mean some who transition at a young age will feel differently later in life?

And if that’s true, can sexual orientation change later in life also?

Like I’m fine with it if this is how it actually is but it’s just a complete reframing of how we’ve been told it works.

I’m just kinda questioning what I’ve seen and that’s that Jim Sterling looked pretty masculine earlier in his career without a whiff of any of this new stuff.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

umm, 'gendertrash' is an actual real term?

If so I identify as a straight male roody poo candy ass.

Have no problem with this, hes welcome to identify as a teapot for all i care but im not interested in watching gaming videos with same undecurring themes.

Im just interested in gaming videos.

Last edited:

Ymir

Let people, Jim Sterling included, identify in whatever they want, i don't care, i wish them all happiness.

What i have an issue with is the over correction of seeing oppression everywhere and trying to twist creative arts to specific social causes, forcingly.

Creators should feel free to pursue their vision without feeling the necessity to pander to anyone specifically.

If they want to tackle a cause in a deeper manner, cool, if they don't, that's cool too and it doesn't make them automatically AGAINST that cause.
It's funny too because they're so selective in what they choose to take issue with. It's almost like they're only trying to ride the coattails of something bigger than them for attention. :pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking:

That's the biggest thing I take issue with, you want to screech about everything that doesn't conform to your world view, then fine. But don't start randomly applying it for woke points when you want attention like you give two shits about anything you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom