• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudo

People who care that much about balding are so strange to me. I've embraced it for half a decade now, it's really not that hard to pull off.
Yeah, I just shaved the rest of my hair off and be done with it. Ironically, since then girls have told me that I look quite good. Unfortunately, that doesn't fix my non-smooth behaviour during dating, lol.

This thread is an excellent reminder of why most PC and Xbox folks left the site and Nintendo fans are relegated to their own threads. Their own admins like Transistor can gladly shitpost and console war, their Sony fanboys shit up every thread with no consequence whatsoever. Transistor even got called out on his idiotic post, so he just didn't reply anymore, just shat up the convo and moved on. Surprised that the folks pointing this out or suggesting Xbox fans to join XboxEra haven't been perma'd yet.

There's everything. People comparing Phil Spencer to Hitler, people complaining a white person won the award, people calling a Microsoft exec a "lol shitty PR person", of course tons of Sony comparisons, and so on. They should just rename the site to SonyEra and be done with it.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
People who care that much about balding are so strange to me. I've embraced it for half a decade now, it's really not that hard to pull off.

Wow, you really suit the bald look

tumblr_m4j7gfca4r1qd3dyzo3_250.gif

best comment i found on reddit:

“People who get too focused on their own identity are never pleasant to be around”

I feel this woman, this topic has come up on every date I've been in the past couple of years. It's usually the other guy that brings up how they're not happy with the direction the LGBT movement is going.

I've never felt like there was a community, and admittedly, I never tried to be part of anything I'm ok with going my own way and used to it. But I feel like if I even wanted to be part of the LGBT community I'd have to censor myself or I'd soon be kicked out for daring to have critique on not only the LGBT community itself but also the homophobia in islam, I'd be a racist self hating gay.

Papa

Banned
I feel this woman, this topic has come up on every date I've been in the past couple of years. It's usually the other guy that brings up how they're not happy with the direction the LGBT movement is going.

I've never felt like there was a community, and admittedly, I never tried to be part of anything I'm ok with going my own way and used to it. But I feel like if I even wanted to be part of the LGBT community I'd have to censor myself or I'd soon be kicked out for daring to have critique on not only the LGBT community itself but also the homophobia in islam, I'd be a racist self hating gay.

There's no such thing as the LGBT "community". Who decided that all lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transsexuals think the same to the point of needing to collectivise? Be an individual. Think for yourself. Fuck anyone trying to browbeat you into participating in their union.

There's no such thing as the LGBT "community". Who decided that all lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transsexuals think the same to the point of needing to collectivise? Be an individual. Think for yourself. Fuck anyone trying to browbeat you into participating in their union.

Yeah, I suppose the need to collectivise came from having no rights or support from families. But the focus is lost, if it was just kept for that it would have been great but LGBT today has no focus and to me it feels like it's more about politics than homosexuality or transgenderism. You have to be the right kind of gay or trans or you're out.

When I see a guy on Tinder who describes himself as queer I instantly swipe left, queer does not mean gay these days, queer usually means extreme leftist and a certain type of personality.

nush

But I feel like if I even wanted to be part of the LGBT community I'd have to censor myself or I'd soon be kicked
Even us straight guys can see that, the vocal LBQT "Community" will turn on anyone not on message. Fuck em, they can chew each other out with their purity tests.

MrFunSocks

Banned
When you’re done here, please read my 7000 word essay on how Easter is a cover for indoctrinating children into human trafficers.

Paypal me.

IMG_1778.jpg
Off topic but that PayPal bit is a link to PayPal.me, which no one seems to know about unfortunately because it’s amazing. You set it up in your PayPal account and then can just have people go to PayPal.me/mrfunsocks for example and transfer me money or request money that I just have to click accept on and it’ll transfer it straight to their account.

thefool

Having some kind of identity has always been a thing. A few years ago it was the goths, punks, skaters, lesbians., etc. (even nerds). It comes and goes. Everything is fluid and keeps expanding. Now that lgbt are more out of the closet, they just doing the same in their spectrum. Politics are a bit like sports now, so it's even more visible. Don't be a boomer and accept times are always changing. From my experience, even radical ones in their online persona can be quite normal.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned

This thread is an excellent reminder of why most PC and Xbox folks left the site and Nintendo fans are relegated to their own threads. Their own admins like Transistor can gladly shitpost and console war, their Sony fanboys shit up every thread with no consequence whatsoever. Transistor even got called out on his idiotic post, so he just didn't reply anymore, just shat up the convo and moved on. Surprised that the folks pointing this out or suggesting Xbox fans to join XboxEra haven't been perma'd yet.

There's everything. People comparing Phil Spencer to Hitler, people complaining a white person won the award, people calling a Microsoft exec a "lol shitty PR person", of course tons of Sony comparisons, and so on. They should just rename the site to SonyEra and be done with it.
Gaming side here isn’t much better, just less hitler calling. If it’s even remotely positive Xbox news it turns to a complete shit show within 3 posts max. This site wasn’t/isn’t known as SonyGAF for no reason.

in fact you should take a look at the corresponding thread about Phil Spencer here:

Same old anti-Xbox pro-Sony bullshit.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Lol mocking people for being bald, something they can’t choose, they were born that way, once again these hateful superficial hypocrites are full of shit and any and all appeals towards tolerance or looking past outward appearances or accepting people as they are 10000% bullshit

Papa

Banned
Having some kind of identity has always been a thing. Goths, punks, skaters, lesbians., even nerds. It comes and goes. Everything is fluid and keeps expanding. Now that lgbt are more out of the closet, they just doing the same in their spectrum. Politics are a bit like sports now, so it's even more visible. Don't be a boomer and accept times are always changing. From my experience, even radical ones in their online persona can be quite normal.

pls disperse

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Yeah, I suppose the need to collectivise came from having no rights or support from families. But the focus is lost, if it was just kept for that it would have been great but LGBT today has no focus and to me it feels like it's more about politics than homosexuality or transgenderism. You have to be the right kind of gay or trans or you're out.

When I see a guy on Tinder who describes himself as queer I instantly swipe left, queer does not mean gay these days, queer usually means extreme leftist and a certain type of personality.
I explicitely put no wokes in my profile. Queer means mental illness to me. Having a guy putting a dress while yelling I don't do labels while labelling itself as such is laughably idiotic.

People cry racism and want to destroy stereootypes while pursuing the same stereotypes on stereoids. See the "anti-racist" racist black woman above where we can actually picture her whole life as a caricature.

Last edited:

Aaaand locked. Staff got triggered that their shitposter admin is being criticized for being a console warrior. They banned the most egregious complainers, a little slap on the wrist for some of the most offensive trolls, and business as usual. Staff-approved shitting up of every thread that isn't a positive Sony thread. Gaming side really has much of the same loops of the off-topic side, but it's worse because at least in off-topic they indeed talk about things that, for better or worse, can change the world. Having to justify your console of choice is no lifechanger, and yet here we are.

dave_d

Lol mocking people for being bald, something they can’t choose, they were born that way, once again these hateful superficial hypocrites are full of shit and any and all appeals towards tolerance or looking past outward appearances or accepting people as they are 10000% bullshit
They're acting like kids from the 80s to be blunt.(Ok, I admit it. When I was a kid in the 80s yes we made fun of bald people.) Of course that was before Jordan made being bald fashionable and that was over 25 years ago.

Ymir

Aaaand locked. Staff got triggered that their shitposter admin is being criticized for being a console warrior. They banned the most egregious complainers, a little slap on the wrist for some of the most offensive trolls, and business as usual. Staff-approved shitting up of every thread that isn't a positive Sony thread. Gaming side really has much of the same loops of the off-topic side, but it's worse because at least in off-topic they indeed talk about things that, for better or worse, can change the world. Having to justify your console of choice is no lifechanger, and yet here we are.
I'd love to see stats of what % of total threads on the their site have been locked so far. It's incredible how no thread can go more than a couple pages before getting locked. I've never seen such a thing on a forum before.

Ionian

Is using the work yikes some kind of woke thing I have not heard of yet?

It means nothing, just people started using it and it caught on,

Honestly means nothing. They suddenly found a new word that has been used for decades and went to town with it.

Middle-aged men, all shouting 'Yikes!'

Heh, now that it praises Sony, suddenly the thread isn't full of people going "who?" on VGC or accusing them of being shills. Funny how that goes.

Astral Dog

I think the idea of a community or net of support it brings is mostly good, because there is so much discrimination and wrong ideas out there about homosexuality some people simply might not get by themselves, there is certainly a need for LGBT help centers, education, activism, gay friendly bars etc. But obviously, there is a toxic side as well, and each individual should learn to know themselves first, and then decide how much they want to be part of the "community" if at all, and what works best for them it should never feel forced in any way.
ERA/SJW appropriating the LGBT movement does some harm as well, regardless of the good intentions some of them might have.

(I also like the parades 🎉🤭)

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I think the idea of a community or net of support it brings is mostly good, because there is so much discrimination and wrong ideas out there about homosexuality some people simply might not get by themselves, there is certainly a need for LGBT help centers, education, activism, gay friendly bars etc. But obviously, there is a toxic side as well, and each individual should learn to know themselves first, and then decide how much they want to be part of the "community" if at all, and what works best for them it should never feel forced in any way.
ERA/SJW appropriating the LGBT movement does some harm as well, regardless of the good intentions some of them might have.

(I also like the parades 🎉🤭)

We don’t solve segregation with segregation

JSoup

Banned
We don’t solve segregation with segregation

I doubt anyone really wanted segregation when the community first came together, just to be left alone to live their lives.
It's more of a today problem, where you get people who said "hey, we as gay folk shouldn't be happy about this one thing" and then let each individual decide if they cares or not now suddenly offering the same statement but presented as "If you're not X, then you ain't Y!" and acting like the community is a hivemind.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
One of my good friends legitimately starting losing his hair his sophomore year of high school. I've never seen anything like it. He bought so much beer for people back then.

He shaved his head completely bald in college and has been that way ever since. He eventually married an attractive woman and has a good career now, so chin up prematurely bald folks.

nush

He shaved his head completely bald in college and has been that way ever since. He eventually married an attractive woman and has a good career now, so chin up prematurely bald folks.

This is the absolute correct way to deal with hair loss. No comb overs, toupees or treatments. Shave that shit off, you'll look cooler and be boss "I didnt want hair anyway".

teezzy

Banned
being bald is actually pretty damn alpha, i couldnt imagine actually caring. you'd have to be a little bitch to whinge about it

MrFunSocks

Banned
I was raised to not make fun of people, but especially not for things that they have no control over and cannot change. Making fun of someone’s laugh for example is absolutely terrible. Same with physical appearance.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It wasn't about what you said. Word was common for someone who was shifty,
Sus is definitely taking on a whole new meaning though and it is directly related to the left being thought police. Not just to apply to shifty people but anyone who speaks out of line.

Imo this is why Among Us is so big w those types they love isolating and alienating people from one another

Last edited:

GeekyDad

being bald is actually pretty damn alpha, i couldnt imagine actually caring. you'd have to be a little bitch to whinge about it

Well...

I can tell you of my personal experience that, due to radiation therapy, it kinda sucks when it's balding in spots. My head looks ridiculous right now. Hopefully, it will grow back. I'm nearly 50, and it was still really thick and curly. I'd be okay with natural balding, but this looks fucking silly :D

Caffeine

Well...

I can tell you of my personal experience that, due to radiation therapy, it kinda sucks when it's balding in spots. My head looks ridiculous right now. Hopefully, it will grow back. I'm nearly 50, and it was still really thick and curly. I'd be okay with natural balding, but this looks fucking silly :D
Nothing to be ashamed of. you gotta do what you gotta do to stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom