• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
NXGamer banned for whataboutisms.

Also, if you read that Reee thread (I skimmed it), his latency test was using an old Xbox controller. He didn't even use a new Xbox controller that comes with Series X.

They were going in pretty hard on Nick from Kinda Funny over his comments on the capitol riots. Only a matter of time before he gets pushed out.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
NXGamer banned for whataboutisms.

Also, if you read that Reee thread (I skimmed it), his latency test was using an old Xbox controller. He didn't even use a new Xbox controller that comes with Series X.
no, if you read the thread you will see that he did use the new xbox controller.
VinFTW is a fucking coward. Dishonesty at every turn and won't post their receipts in the thread. What a fucking spineless piece of shit.
Absolutely despicable human being. All he wanted to do was get him banned and didnt engage with NXgamer after getting called out.

I also like how NX gamer engaged in discussion and explained his point of view several times and made it clear hes not picking sides and yet they still banned him. what an awful forum.

ZZZZ

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Slightly.

Nepenthe said she was advised to not get involved (her own words) but did anyway after she decided she was now non-binary.

Didn't go well. Plenty of bans.

Lol she’s decided on a new gender identity from the spring catalog? Good on her but non binary ain’t as hot as it was last season:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I have no idea what you are talking about

It’s from 1984 by George Orwell.

Amongst other topics, it talks about the use of language to control societies.

In this case I’ve redefined centrist as republican-adjacent to make a centrist position look righty and called it doubleplusgood which is part of nuspeak in the 1984 book and stands for very good.

It’s from 1984 by George Orwell.

Amongst other topics, it talks about the use of language to control societies.

In this case I’ve redefined centrist as republican-adjacent to make a centrist position look righty and called it doubleplusgood which is part of nuspeak in the 1984 book and stands for very good.
Oh, interesting take. Political language is def being used to keep each other at our throats. I guess it's true I sympathize more right but still have plenty beliefs on the left too. I at least try to make an honest effort to call things out on both spectrums.

kamkamkam

Whataboutism is actually ERA's greatest fear.
It's the thing that breaks the threads that sustain their opinions, views of life and even lifestyles - like buying habits, acceptance and what else.

No ban is faster than that. It's literally forum breaking to allow "that".

What is whataboutism? Why do they consider that to be a bannable offense.

Seemed like he was just rebuking the accusations levied against him. So they expect him to just accept whatever some nobody says, no defense?

cormack12

Gold Member
What is whataboutism? Why do they consider that to be a bannable offense.

Seemed like he was just rebuking the accusations levied against him. So they expect him to just accept whatever some nobody says, no defense?

Traditional whatboutism is trying to redirect an argument into something with a vague link that's disingenuous.
What era means with whataboutism is 'you've pointed out something which points out our hypocrisy really clearly'

They're still trying their damnedest to cancel Reuben Langdon.

4WfdUNp.png

"Where's the proof?" you may ask. Apparently blocking this clearly unhinged Twitter user is "proof" that Langdon harassed them over DM.

Also, "Diversity Analyst" 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:

Ymir

That NXG ban was ridiculous. He responds to blatant lies about there being no force/violence used against the rioters at the Capitol and gets cancelled and banned for whataboutism. He’s literally just responding to other peoples whataboutism lies.
It’s literally the same thing in communist Russia if you read the gulag archipelago. Talking or telling your side always resulted in conviction, it’s the same REEEEEERA. Once you open your mouth then they have “evidence” for whataboutism and you’re done. You just make it easier to convict you for your crimes if you try to have an honest discussion with someone.

Traianvs

They're still trying their damnedest to cancel Reuben Langdon.

4WfdUNp.png

"Where's the proof?" you may ask. Apparently blocking this clearly unhinged Twitter user is "proof" that Langdon harassed them over DM.

Also, "Diversity Analyst" 🤣 🤣 🤣
Diversity Analyst is one of the ways those goloids with a social studies degree come up for inventing a job

Astral Dog

i hope Reuben doesn't get the boot because of ERA's rambling, yeah some (all?) of the stuff he posts is conspirational whacky something but there is no proof he has harmed anybody or has intention to do so,

artsi

Sakurai likes Cyberpunk and ResetEra is confused why. Fucking weirdos think it's because he's Japanese or something.

How can someone admit they like a game that was rated 10/10 by a lot of reviewers. Preposterous.

I read something like "someone at Nintendo should inform him about the problems" so he can stop liking it.
Actually, he should apologize to everyone.

Last edited:
Neoxon, like most users on that forum, have an unhealthy obsession with Cyberpunk, a game allegedly responsible for killing the trans community. Every time a developer they like compliment the game that is so obviously obscene and hateful that anyone with eyes can understand that it represents bigotry, they have bend over backwards talking about how they're disappointed by that developer. At some point, these people need to recognize that they have a life, or rather, need to have a more fulfilling life. This is one faction of the Left I cannot understand. A faction so obsessed with identity that anything that slightly differs from their vision, their asses twist and turn and their emotions start to billow. It's why they have meaningless positions like "diversity analyst" which I assume requires counting how many people aren't white, male, cisgender, or straight at a company. It's why they have to define themselves with groups of people rather than political ideologies. Dealing with these people in real life must be an absolute headache, and journos who have the balls to even talk to them will eventually get cannibalized by the very groups that appropriate progressive symbols. It's a sad life, and I hope they see the error of their ways.

Edit: I fully support diversity, especially in creative environments because it encourages new ideas and different perspectives, but I don't support the idea that if someone does not fully align with your worldview, then there is something wrong with them or that they must "learn" about what they're "ignoring". It's an unhealthy attitude that derails common sense and reason and makes the Left look petty to the layman.

Last edited:
lmao the first op in this thread

They gonna insert that image in every CP2077 thread?
"CaNcEl CuLtUrE dOeSnT eXiSt!" 🤡

Also, I'm loving the mental gymnastics on display in that thread to try to reconcile how Sakurai could have such an opinion. "Ohhhh...Sakurai is so busy. If he only had more time he would be more aware..."

artsi

"CaNcEl CuLtUrE dOeSnT eXiSt!" 🤡

Also, I'm loving the mental gymnastics on display in that thread to try to reconcile how Sakurai could have such an opinion. "Ohhhh...Sakurai is so busy. If he only had more time he would be more aware..."

"He must mean this..."
"Must be a translation error..."
"He's too busy to read forums..."

Maybe just accept that he doesn't give a shit and cancel him already just like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom