• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, if we are going to deliberately troll era (not that I support that kind if thing....) then we need some secret messages so we know who is a gaf troll and who is a legit oppressed minority.

So I propose we do the following things to mark ourselves

1. Use an anime avatar or one with pastel or rainbow colors in the background

2. If your cover is of a white cishet male, then the first three paragraphs of your post must include "priviledge", "I apologize for other white men", "I want to be an ally", and/or "I question my sexuality".

3. If your cover is of a POC or LGBT+ person, you must RABIDLY announce that fact in every post and actively blame cishet white people.

Follow these simple rules and we'll know who is a troll and who is legit :p
What a waste of time that would be. Let ERA collapse as slowly and as grandly as possible. The smoking crater will be a monument to the last decade of nonsensical pearl-clutching puritanism that infected gaming.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I used to be a very talented troll back in the day. I feel like I have the encouragement I need to put those skills back to work.

and I have a long-ass flight tomorrow, so I guess that's a perfect opportunity to get active in the community.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
time for our weekly "let's imagine an alien race/AI comes to Earth and offers to peacefully enslave slash solve all humanity's problems for us" thread

On 12/8/19, an advanced alien race appears at the orbit of the Earth's atmosphere. They look like LOTR Elves.

They have the technology to kill mankind instantly and the ability to look into the future hundreds of years from now.

They broadcast to all Televisions and devices worldwide:

They have searched all over the known universe and earth is the only other species that has some sort of sentient intelligence what they can communicate with. They have been watching us for over a thousand years and know how we are as a species as a whole.

They decided that it was now a good time to introduce themselves as a PEACEFUL alien race but could not stand to just watch anymore since we are now going in a direction that will end all of mankind within 200 years.

The Aliens states that they have the technology to save the planet from their own destruction (environment) and return the planet to a safe level of living, and are willing to share some technology with mankind. Also, they have tech to where they can extend mankind life for at least 500 years with no negative effects and cure all diseases.

However, they way we are now, we would just kill ourselves using the technology handed to them.

So the aliens offered this option in exchange for saving the earth and teaching mankind advanced technology. This must be done in 10 years:

- World Peace: All Countries must be united under one banner of peace. No more Independent countries.
- No more Inter species wars (any wars before the 10 years over is fine)
- Dissolve all nuclear weapons in every country, the tech they will provide will be far superior(Just to show mankind that it's not because they are afraid of nukes, they Hijack one of the US Nuclear bomb and shoot themselves with one to show that the tech is useless to them)
- Create a law system where both the rich and poor are on equal ground in all countries in the world.
- Stop racism and creating laws that attack minorities.
- Stop killing each other out of hate.
- Stop Environment destruction completely. The technology they provide will have mankind to not have to use any of the resources on the planet that is currently on course for it's own destruction.

-They are willing to help the leaders of each country to assist them to getting with these goals above if needed but must be able to sit and learn from the Elven race without hostility.

These are the bare minimum request that they provided. All other options will be discussed after the minimum goals are met. If mankind could not have this achieved in 10 years, they they will cease communicating with the Humans and just watch them slowly kill themselves within 200 years. After the last human on earth dies naturally, they will renew the earth before mankind caused the destruction and then use it as one of their own planet for their species.

Your thoughts?
my thoughts are:

(1) put down the bowl

and

(2) you need to study cos judging from this idiocy you have a snowball's chance in hell of passing a middle school social studies test.

im legit LOLing at every other sentence in this. fucking roaring with laughter.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
jBpkP97.png

GAF's a love site, so we can still post your stupid screenshots here.
You're on a hate site Hobbes you stupid bitch

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I thought of a good troll thread idea.

Someone who has an account there make a thread that the saying "in the red" should be banned because it's racist against Native Americans and implies Native Americans are poor, and the only acceptable saying should be "in the negative" from now on. All forms of color should be banned from any sayings henceforth.

JMTHEFOX

This post spawned a private notice between user and moderation team.
Just thought of coming back to GAF after a long hiatus to post in this thread. I was permabanned on ERA for a post asking for help at the mental health thread. They could've just send me to a platform that can help me with my mental issues, but Era doesn't care about flawed people admitting their past mistakes and wanting to improve themselves.

I'm currently feeling a little better now since I spoke to a friend on Discord, though its going to be a huge struggle.

SpiceRacz

I bet this is the same person from RE who posted that weird ass “segregation” thread on RE who people here talked about earlier in this thread. Definitely an RE member regardless

This is fucking pathetic and gross. Also, is it(?) implying that white people being present somewhere makes a place unsafe?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Just thought of coming back to GAF after a long hiatus to post in this thread. I was permabanned on ERA for a post asking for help at the mental health thread. They could've just send me to a platform that can help me with my mental issues, but Era doesn't care about flawed people admitting their past mistakes and wanting to improve themselves.

I'm currently feeling a little better now since I spoke to a friend on Discord, though its going to be a huge struggle.

What was the post?

Btw I'm sure there are plenty of people here who you can talk to if you need help, including me. You don't have to know someone to help them.

Sorry they treated you like that. Definitely people here to talk to as well.

spons

lol you're a pedophile aren't you?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
He's someone who admitted to needing help. Some people develop proclivities that is of no fault of their own. Either at birth or through childhood experiences or trauma. We need to help these people get help, especially those who want it and ask for it. It's when you leave people who have different/wrong/extreme proclivities alone to stew with no social interaction where things progress much worse from neglect and isolation.

I've studied psychology for years and while I'm no professional, trust me when I say the worst thing you can do to someone is to outcast one who actively seeks help for certain behaviors or feelings.

spons

He's someone who admitted to needing help. Some people develop proclivities that is of no fault of their own. Either at birth or through childhood experiences or trauma. We need to help these people get help, especially those who want it and ask for it. It's when you leave people who have different/wrong/extreme proclivities alone to stew with no social interaction where things progress much worse from neglect and isolation.

I've studied psychology for years and while I'm no professional, trust me when I say the worst thing you can do to someone is to outcast one who actively seeks help for certain behaviors or feelings.
I agree and this is serious business.. I found this after a quick Google:

The first thing to do is admit to your problems, and he did that. That's good. Now get actual help instead of trying to find that on a fucking video game forum.

lol you're a pedophile aren't you?

Yeah, I mean it's fucked but it just goes to show that era is all talk. For a forum that preaches acceptance, they sure as shit have no problem permanently out casting someone who is seeking mental health help in a thread designated for that very purpose. Guy needs professional help, but I'm not sure how permanently banning a member for coming clean is going to help them get that. Just another reason to ignore these people when they attack your game or whatever for not fitting whatever bullshit demands they want to be met. There is no forgiveness. Just look at people down for banning those who simply ask questions on their forum regarding trans issues. This isn't about growth or making a better world. It's a bunch of hateful fucking nerds that love to destroy for the simple release of dopamine.

Last edited:

spons

Yeah, I mean it's fucked but it just goes to show that era is all talk. For a forum that preaches acceptance, they don't sure as shit have no problem permanently out casting someone who is seeking mental health help in a thread designated for that very purpose. Guy needs professional help, but I'm not sure how permanently banning a member for coming clean is going to help them get that. Just another reason to ignore these people when they attack your game or whatever for not fitting whatever bullshit demands they want to be met. There is no forgiveness. Just look at people down for banning those who simply ask questions on their forum regarding trans issues. This isn't about growth or making a better world. It's a bunch of hateful fucking nerds that love to destroy for the simple release of dopamine.
I agree. I pointed out his problems, then I pointed out help. One of the problems with pedophiles is that everybody wants them behind bars. A lot of people forget that it's a mental disorder, and can probably be stabilized with treatment, usually in the form of therapy. I sometimes compare it with addiction (gambling, drugs, etc.) in that it takes years to get clean due to a variety of issues. He actually admitted to his problems, which is the biggest step.

I talked about my issues in the last decade multiple times on GAF, but I don't substitute discussing it on a video game forum with actual help.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I agree and this is serious business.. I found this after a quick Google:

The first thing to do is admit to your problems, and he did that. That's good. Now get actual help instead of trying to find that on a fucking video game forum.
Yeah, he definitely needs to see a professional, not a video game forum, but admitting help is a big first step, it's not easy to admit to these things, especially the way you are viewed by society for doing so.

As people get older their sexual proclivities only strengthen, especially so if you're in neglect and isolation. At that point all you are left with is your thoughts and when left like everything will only get worse.

It's like if someone posts on a forum that they have fantasies about stabbing people, and that forum bans them and tells them to fuck off, what do you think that person is going to do? They're going to be pissed that they were treated as subhuman, develop feelings of resentment and say "fuck society, if they don't want me, I'll show them." But it doesn't surprise me RE had no idea how to handle it. They talk a big game about a lot of sociopolitical things, but really don't know a whole lot about any of it.

benjipwns

Banned
User Banned (Duration Pending): Downplaying racism

How come season 1 is hated? This shit is golden. Micheal is basically super unfiltered. I am in the Dundies and he has literally Asian glasses in in Chilis as the camera zooms in on an Asian woman.

I super get it is offensive but it seems tailored to be humorous and make a point Micheal is an awful person.

Is the over top rudeness why season 1 is hated?

Kev Kev

User Banned (Duration Pending): Downplaying racism

How come season 1 is hated? This shit is golden. Micheal is basically super unfiltered. I am in the Dundies and he has literally Asian glasses in in Chilis as the camera zooms in on an Asian woman.

I super get it is offensive but it seems tailored to be humorous and make a point Micheal is an awful person.

Is the over top rudeness why season 1 is hated?

OMFG you gotta be kidding me

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
That's quite a ban. The mods would never make it through virtually any modern comedy on HBO (especially a McBride one) or Cinemax if the dumb Michael Scott gag is offensive to them.

Stop trying to put band-aid on an issue like that. Friends and video-game forum won't help you. If you really want to adress that part of you, you should talk to a professional. The right tool for the right job.

They'll keep your secret and it will be good for you to talk about it eye-to-eye with someone who's used to deal with that kind of stuff. It will put you back to earth and probably make you better.

It's nice you want to change, it's a big first step, but it's even better to be smart about it. Many serious issues can be solved with the proper solution and many problems happen because some dumbass think he's smarter than life.

I'm not even saying that to judge you or anything. But if one day you slip up and do something wrong, your life will be over in no-time and you probably won't recover from it.

We all make mistakes, but in your case, giving your problem, one mistake could lead to very serious trouble.

Just my 2c.

Last edited:

benjipwns

Banned
Uprising starting on page three of that Office thread:
seriously, what the hell? is that all it takes to get banned around here?
Banned for that? Wow
What the fuck is up with that ban.
that ban... lmao
What is that ban...
Volimar said:
Instead of derailing the thread over the ban, just report it and explain why you think it's an error.
How many mods looked at that post and agreed it was downplaying racism?

Explain the reasoning.
This is the dumbest forum.
That OP ban is a bit tonedeaf, no?
lmao that ban
I was reading through the posts, why was op banned? Did I miss something?
That's a ridiculous ban. OP is right, Michael is an offensive, bad person and highlighting that via the reactions of other characters is the core pillar of the show's humor. It's not downplaying racism. If you lack the intelligence to discern between bad thing and thing that look like bad thing, you probably shouldn't be a moderator.
They are hopeless.
Bans are done by more than one mod. We need to know which ones thought that was downplaying racism and give an explanation of how they reached that conclusion.

lol, that Office thread.

Every single day since the trans controversy, there's been some kind of attack on the mods from multiple posters. This isn't Twitter with hundreds of millions of users, it's a video game forum with maybe 3k active regular posters at most. This should not be happening and the fact it does consistently and without fail should tell you something about either the userbase or the staff.

That combined with multiple trolls with high profile accounts and the seemingly constant need for summits makes me not envy the staff at all. Of course they brought it upon themselves.

I'm genuinely curious what the site would look like now if Ketkat's ban stuck and Cerium put his foot down with multiple posters attacking the staff.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member

The focus has moved away from the Trans issue and is now focused on the black community and or racism.

Seems just like they are gonna be trigger happy with banning over trans issues now it will be race/racism issues.

Looks that way to me at least.

Bodatan

Banned
I think the most insane part about Resetera is when the previously permanent banned user still went there with a new alt account. Pyscho Mantis in mediaCreateSales is the example of that.

Even after so many banned he's still went there with a new account. Fortunately this time he got two alt accounts, one is under suspicion Avada Kedavra and the other is still safe to use HaremKing.

🤣😂😄😁

It's like how everyone always said 'Liking thing I don't like should be bannable' as a clear joke.. But the mods there are taking it literally.

nush

No fun allowed.

kdutctz.png

wnpE5dN.png

Its been confessions month has been running for years and this years topic has reached the end before the mods had a problem with it. Or more likely Static_Void went through and reported all the confessions he didn't like.

benjipwns

Banned
Or more likely Static_Void went through and reported all the confessions he didn't like.
They were bitching about it in the "male feminist safe space" thread:

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
A fun game to play whenever these fruitcakes start talking about white people is to substitute “Jews” in place of “white people”.

Wow, mods locked the confessions thread. "Temp locking". And thus one of the last few fun traditions over there died.

Maybe we should bring Confessvember back to NeoGAF? (Also Caturday!)

Edit: ah, already mentioned 🙋‍♀️

Last edited:

RevengeOfToonces

Neo Member

Awesome movie. Watch it every year in December. Always crack up when Aunt Bethany says, "Is your house on fire, Clark?" So many great lines. "Save the neck for me, Clark." "You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant." "Is Rusty still in the Navy?" "She wrapped up her damn cat." "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass, kiss his ass. Happy Hannukah."

"Hey Griswold, where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?"
"Bend over and I'll show you."
"You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that, Griswold!"
"I wasn't talking to you."

So many great scenes. So many great memories. I love th- oh.

It's about a rich cunt building a swimming pool in the garden of his massive house with his Christmas bonus.

Doesn't seem very relatable to me.

If you earn 100k and don't consider yourself rich, you're a cunt.

The movie hurt poor widdle Bernard Coleslaw. :( Even all the other reeeeers are like "Dude shut the fuck up" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom